rainpeltstar

Guardians of Ga'Hoole Movie/Books

They tried to mash 20 some books into one movie... and messed up the time periods. But I enjoyed it. I liked the porcupine who foretold everything.

read all the books didn't see the movie cause i thought that it would ruin the books. how was it?

I love this series so much!

And yes^ did ruin the books sad.gif

Although we fellow aussie actors!

Read the books, didn't really like the movie. I really think the storyline is a bit weird, but it's written pretty well and so you get the "suspension of disbelief". But thinking about it is kind of confusing.

Owls, everyone is fond of owls...

Edited by Meg_752

The movie did ruin it, and I got up to the 7th book of Ga'hoole?

How many books are there, does anyone know?

I've heard someone mention that the books make more sense if you pretend that the owls are griffins. It's true.

Would've loved that story a whole lot more xd.png

Edited by Niyaka

I've not read the books nor watched the movie, but for some reason we own it. I have not watched it yet because I hate watching movies before I have read the books. >_>

I read the books before the movie came out and compared the movie and the books and I have found over 50 things wrong in the movie that weren't in the books because it was supposed to be the FIRST 3 books fit into one movie, not the six books rolled into one movie. It's still has its own story line though

The books are a lot better than the movies, IMHO. Although I think the first six books are better than the rest.

I remember reading the series in elementary school. What a great time. The movie was kind of weird since it seemed so rushed, but that always happens when they try to cram like half a series into two hours.

I have a friend who's obsessed with birds and birdwatching, and she pretty much knows every single book in the series by heart.