7 hours ago, Nagapie said:

I see! I'm bad with cat colors and all that because I haven't really needed to learn any of the terms. I guess a blue lynx point would make sense. ^_^ Perhaps it is still a color that's not accepted into shows for the Balinese breed in Finland though, as the breeder specifically told us something along those lines while recommending him to us, knowing that we don't care about all that.

Yeah, I read that only some cat fancy organizations will recognize it as an official color. Either way, he's stunning :) Balinese kitties are pretty rare regardless of what they look like.

I wish there were oriental shorthair breeders around where I live. When I try to look them up online, all the ones that come up haven't updated their website in like 4 years. 

My dear little cat Sasha had surgery yesterday and the veterinarian still isn't sure that he will survive. I'm really worried about him.

What happened was that I do bead weaving as a hobby and he swallowed one of the bracelets I was still working on. Fortunately, I had already taken the needle off it, but the thread, which was actually a thin fishing line, was still attached. While the bracelet stayed in his stomach, the thread worked its way down into his intestines and made many tiny cuts in them. 

I have no idea why he did did this but the vet told me that sometimes cats just want to eat strange things.  Has anyone else had this kind of thing happen with their cats?

Sasha.JPG

On 6/12/2019 at 8:31 PM, Stormcaller said:

My dear little cat Sasha had surgery yesterday and the veterinarian still isn't sure that he will survive. I'm really worried about him.

What happened was that I do bead weaving as a hobby and he swallowed one of the bracelets I was still working on. Fortunately, I had already taken the needle off it, but the thread, which was actually a thin fishing line, was still attached. While the bracelet stayed in his stomach, the thread worked its way down into his intestines and made many tiny cuts in them. 

I have no idea why he did did this but the vet told me that sometimes cats just want to eat strange things.  Has anyone else had this kind of thing happen with their cats?

I hope Sasha is doing better! I have heard of other cats eating yarn and string and such. I can see that fishing line would be a bad thing.

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I hope Sasha is doing better! I have heard of other cats eating yarn and string and such. I can see that fishing line would be a bad thing.

Thanks for your reply,  purplehaze.  He came home last night and is still on pain medication so he has been sleeping a lot. He's not really eating yet, just licking up the gravy, but he does drink a little water.  I'm still very worried about him.

...do tigers count www

I'm much more of dog person but I love kitties too...one out of my four is getting to be an old man and he likes to lay on my bed next to me, he's precious-

I have one cat, her name is Sheba! I love her with all my heart, she is the most friendly cat I've ever seen ❤️ I don't know what race she is though

sheba.jpg

Posted (edited)

awww, she's a floofy pretty kitty!

Edited by trystan
proofread first, then post.....