Qwackie

Cats

I currently have 6 cats (all but one part or purebred ragdoll) and a boa constrictor lol looking forward to getting more reptiles when I can afford them tongue.gif I would also love to someday get an Ibizan Hound.

I've had a few pets over the years. My first pet was a parakeet, since at that time, base housing wouldn't allow you to keep a pet that roamed free. So no cats or dogs, it had to be fish, birds or other caged animals. Can't say I really bonded with it- we eventually learned I'm a 100% cat person.

There's been a march of felines since then. My first cat, Sprite- who would play fetch with me. He stayed with me longer than any other and saw many of them come and go until he got sick. Then there was poor Gypsy that I didn't get to have in my life long- FIP had infected her mother and two of her three kittens inherited it. Sadly, Gypsy was one of them and it was active. Bengal was half wild cat-as in predator cat, not just stray cat. Eventually he decided to go fully wild. Illyana was also half wild cat, from a different litter, and refused to be fully housebound but we adored one another anyway. She'd go insane if there was a barrier between us she couldn't get by. Sadly, her love of being outside took her away from me on Christmas day several years ago. Few things are more heartbreaking than having to take your beloved pet put to sleep on such a day. Then Yami came into my life; domestic mixed, all love. Sitting together while I groomed her was her favorite activity- but in time she passed too; an inherited health problem likely, the honest vet told us, and incurable; she should have been put down much sooner- this, he said, after his so called partner that usually dealt with cats claimed it was a manageable thing and not liable to cause her pain. If I'd been told the truth, she wouldn't have suffered so long.

Now, I spend my days with a little double-pawed troublemaker named Asura. She's a tabby blend, has a face fixation, and isn't scared of any of my family's seven dogs or my sister's monster of a cat. She also thinks my slippers are the most amazing thing ever- I think she loves them more than she loves me. I adore her to death anyway- even when she pointedly hides all her toys and only then comes over for cuddles since she knows I won't be 'distracted' in trying to get her to play with me.

Picture of Asura; it's a bit big to post.

Now, I spend my days with a little double-pawed troublemaker named Asura. She's a tabby blend, has a face fixation, and isn't scared of any of my family's seven dogs or my sister's monster of a cat. She also thinks my slippers are the most amazing thing ever- I think she loves them more than she loves me. I adore her to death anyway- even when she pointedly hides all her toys and only then comes over for cuddles since she knows I won't be 'distracted' in trying to get her to play with me.

Picture of Asura; it's a bit big to post.

That's a lovely picture. I can almost hear the purr through the screen.

Thank you Tikindi, Silicon. smile.gif That's when I had just picked her out at the shelter in November. I don't have any more recent ones- sadly the moment a camera's pointed at her, she's trying to eat it nine times out of ten. The other time, she takes off at a dead run.

One of our cats will immediately stop what he's doing if you try to get a camera out to take a picture of him. If he's draped over your shoe in a cute manner, the second you pull the camera out he readjusts so he's just lying NEAR the shoe. It's like he's desperate not to leave photo evidence of how cute he is.

(This instinct was not so strong when he was a kitten, and we have an adorable picture of him draped over the back of the shoe with his head inside it, fast asleep. Alas, I don't have it handy right now.)

[pedantic]That pattern is called colour-point. Siamese is a breed, not a colour or pattern.[/pedantic]

Cats I've had in life...

1. Lumpy

2. Mittens

3. Puffy

4. Hunter

5. Norman

6. Punkin

7. Lacey

8. Rebel

9. Buttercup

Dogs I've had in life...

1. Zeus

2. Hailey

3. Ginger

4. Nugget

5. Crystal

6. Lucky

7. Joey

8. Ursie

9. Jake

10. Beau

11: Buddy

12: Leroy

I have also had 1 rabbit named Rocko and a BUNCH of fish

[pedantic]That pattern is called colour-point. Siamese is a breed, not a colour or pattern.[/pedantic]

Yes it is, your're right, thank you....

@TheDarkCynder... AWW! So cute! laugh.gif

I almost got another pair of dogs (aussie shepherds), but then my mom pointed out that the expenses for heartworm pills would skyrocket. So, we'll probably have to pass.

I've got 2 dogs, a border collie and a cairn terrier/schnauzer mix. The mix is blind and really going off his rocker. I've also got 5 horses, and I used to have a fantastic cat but she passed away recently.

I like big dogs, the bigger the better. Someday I will have a Rough Collie- that was the breed of my first dog, who died a long time ago. I'm always emotional when I see collies but I love them so much that I will HAVE to get another.

Edited by Dimar

Most of the IRC has seen him, but I got a kitten about 3 months ago. his name is Kazmir and he's awesome!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

He's 5.5 months and he's half maine coon, so he's gonna be a big boy. Color is Classic Tabby. I love him to death!

I have lots of pets...

I have 2 chocolate labs and a German Shepherd. I own a Bearded Dragon, a crayfish (or crawdad), a betta fish, 2 silver dollar fish, a blue-nosed sinodontis and a silver shark (both fish). I also own a Cockatiel and 2 dwarf frogs.

They're all good pets and I love them so much. One chocolate lab is going to be 11 in human years, the other is going to be 6 this febuary. The GS is gonna be 3. My cockatiel is 3 yrs right now and my beardie is only a year old (So she's still a baby pretty much). I've had my fish tank for a while, it's a 29 gallon fresh water.

So yeah, some basic information of my pet-family.

My german shepherd turned 5 years old today!

user posted image

Not a grey hair on him yet biggrin.gif.

Very handsome! Our GSDs are polar opposites in regards to color. tongue.gif

Very handsome! Our GSDs are polar opposites in regards to color. tongue.gif

Hehe I know, it's neat to see them on the same page. Besides it being his birthday your GSD's picture was another reason why I thought I'd post his picture biggrin.gif. The more people that know that german shepherds come in other colors, the less people there are walking around asking me if he's mixed with a black lab and then doubting me when I say he's purebred. Because a dog only inheriting a coat color from it's parent and no other feature is so much more likely than a breed having various color varieties dry.gif .

I bet you must get ridiculous questions too, like if your dog is mixed with a great pyrenees or some other white colored dog laugh.gif .

Edited by Syaoransbear

I have a lot of pets!!

Lets see...

4 dogs: 2 Female Great Danes, a Female Wolf/Sheppard Mix, and a boy Bull Mastiff

(had) 30 rabbits

14 miniature horses, 10 mares, 3 stallions, and a colt. 2 donkeys and 1 Quarter horse

50 chickens (had),

9 guinea fowl, an African Grey Parrot, and a Cockatoo.

I love all of my babies ^-^

Hehe I know, it's neat to see them on the same page. Besides it being his birthday your GSD's picture was another reason why I thought I'd post his picture biggrin.gif. The more people that know that german shepherds come in other colors, the less people there are walking around asking me if he's mixed with a black lab and then doubting me when I say he's purebred. Because a dog only inheriting a coat color from it's parent and no other feature is so much more likely than a breed having various color varieties dry.gif .

I bet you must get ridiculous questions too, like if your dog is mixed with a great pyrenees or some other white colored dog laugh.gif .

"Is that a wolf?"

"He's white! He can't be a German Shepherd."

"Are white ones rare?"

"...And what is he mixed with?"

rolleyes.gif

Most of the IRC has seen him, but I got a kitten about 3 months ago. his name is Kazmir and he's awesome!

<snip snip>

He's 5.5 months and he's half maine coon, so he's gonna be a big boy. Color is Classic Tabby. I love him to death!

I LOVE Maine Coons--they're so handsome and fun. Your boy is particularly handsome, I have to say--classic tabbies are lovely.

This is Percy.

user posted image

Percy doesn't understand how doormats work.

This is Percy.

user posted image

Percy doesn't understand how doormats work.

That's sooo adorable xd.png I've always wanted a cat, but my mom and brother are allergic to cat fur..so we have a dog smile.gif A black miniature poodle, I wish I had some pictures...

I'm hoping to get a Norwegian Forest when I live off on my own later in the future. They're my favourite type of cats c:

My family currently has 4 dogs, two horses, 20 chickens, and I have a Quaker Parrot named Squawnky. My sister also has two dogs, so we have 6 dogs at our place.

That's sooo adorable xd.png I've always wanted a cat, but my mom and brother are allergic to cat fur..so we have a dog smile.gif A black miniature poodle, I wish I had some pictures...

I'm hoping to get a Norwegian Forest when I live off on my own later in the future. They're my favourite type of cats c:

Many people have cat allergies (including my poor roommate) but often, if you get a cat while it's a teeny tiny baby kitten (before its adult fur grows in, and before it produces adult hormones in its dander/saliva), as the kitten grows up your body will slowly adjust to its particular mix of hormones/fur. You will end up being NOT allergic to this one cat, although your allergy will still react around any other cat.

My roommate is DANGEROUSLY allergic to many things (bees, kitties) and has asthma.. she is pretty delicate. But she has had cats in her life. Two or three times she's had cats from kitten-age and she was absolutely fine with them. She's so allergic to cats now, though, that even petting a kitty for about 5 minutes will give her an asthma attack and swollen throat. Poor thing.

I have a ferret now, and she's not allergic to him at all. ^^ People with cat allergies are usually not allergic to ferrets. They play and act very similar to kitties... might be an option for you. xd.png