Qwackie

Cats

Dad would have been ginger - she's got tell-tale cream patches that mark her out as a tortie. That grey colouring (it's known as blue) is a recessive gene, so there was only a 25% chance of any kittens showing it anyway. Doesn't suprise me the rest looked black wink.gif

That's pretty interesting, I never really thought about the genetics side of her... Thanks for that bit of info!

That's pretty interesting, I never really thought about the genetics side of her... Thanks for that bit of info!

That's only if Mum really is pure black, though. And if the red had come from Dad then every girl in he litter will have had it.

<- happen to be really into genetics, especially feline ones.

I wish my cats liked water! I'll throw one of them in the tub every now and then just to remind them that it isn't bad. xd.png

You're joking, but I just want to make sure you know that won't help at all.

Just bathed my cat today, and it's remarkable how much he has adjusted to me bathing him. First time I did so, he yowled and squirmed. Barely a year later and he jumped from my arms into the tub, and stayed in there with no sound and minimal squirming until I was done. Drying on the other hand, he never likes. He will attempt to get out of or away from the towel no matter what.

Just bathed my cat today, and it's remarkable how much he has adjusted to me bathing him. First time I did so, he yowled and squirmed. Barely a year later and he jumped from my arms into the tub, and stayed in there with no sound and minimal squirming until I was done. Drying on the other hand, he never likes. He will attempt to get out of or away from the towel no matter what.

Our cat never does that. He drinks water from the tub, and can generally stand it, but that's about it.

How adorable! I see they're all different colors, and I believe one looks like a longhair? I can't really see because the one in question is on the bottom of a pile, so all I see is a fluffy gray tale.

Poor mama looks ready to scream right now! laugh.gif

I actually live in that city, I wonder where they are. blink.gif

My old cat died at the 18.01 this year, but we missed something when she was gone, now we got 2 new cats from the animal Welfare, Gismo and Luna (they are no Siblings):

Gismo

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2479/img1850k.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5940/img1858v.jpg

Luna

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/2714/img1882av.jpg

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/4077/img1871z.jpg

My old cat died at the 18.01 this year, but we missed something when she was gone, now we got 2 new cats from the animal Welfare, Gismo and Luna (they are no Siblings):

Gismo

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2479/img1850k.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5940/img1858v.jpg

Luna

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/2714/img1882av.jpg

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/4077/img1871z.jpg

I'm sorry for your loss, it isn't easy losing a companion. I too lost my nearest and dearest cat this year, in February...

On the bright side:

Your cats look like they are tuxedo cats! A tuxedo cat is usually a black (although it can be other colors) cat with a white chest/stomach and white paws. The end result is a cat that it looks like its wearing a tuxedo. Tuxedo kittens are often worth more than regular ones because people want that pattern.

Very cute cats you have. wub.gif

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl

Personally I think all moggies should be worth about the same.... They are cute, though. I can never get good pictures of my cat.

I have lots of family pets but it would take to long to write them all but my personal pets that I care for are 2 Guinea pigs,Fudge and peppermint,a Canary named Yellow and a Mouse named Thira.

i have 2 sweet kitties F.O.R.H.D. and Benjamin. and a new basset hound mix puppy named Roy/Damer/1000s over other names we try

I just recently got two new kitties. I've always had cats growing up and when I moved in with my grandparents after my mother passed away, I had to get rid of my cats. It was devastating. Especially seeing my darling Cleo go. She was my baby.

She is now in a good home with my sister's cat, J.J. though and I am glad they are happy.

But now that I have moved into my own apartment with my sister I am now able to have cats again. smile.gif

The first is Little Man.

user posted image

I got him at around 6 weeks old (I know, much too young).

He was on Craigslist along with his brother. I had planned on getting both of them together but when I got there the lady said she had already gotten rid of his brother. So it was just him for a while. He was teeny tiny, scraggly, skinny little thing. I felt so bad for him. But almost 2 months later he is a rambunctious little brat who loves to terrorize and snuggle (at the same time). tongue.gif

Then there is Sofie.

user posted image

I had originally planned on getting just one cat but I work a lot and my sister is out most of the day and he loved playing but had no one to play with. Little Man used to run around the house crying to himself. My neighbor occasionally brings her two little terrors over (two 4 months old kittens) and he absolutely loved having playmates. So I decided to go looking around Craigslist again, and I found Sofie.

She was a feral kitten but after being with us for a few weeks she is much better. She's still a little shy but nothing like when we first got her. And Little Man took to her immediately. We kept her in a large cage in the bedroom for the first few days until we were able to get her to the vet and get her shots and tested and he literally slept next to her cage every night. As soon as he was able to actually play with her... Well let's just say he hasn't left her side since.

user posted image

Those are my two little brats. They are almost the complete opposite but I love them both. Sofie is a quiet, sweet, shy, fluffy little gal and Little Man is a loud, annoying, very in-your-face, adorable little guy. They are both awesome additions to the family.

0-o Oh my... I have so many pets... Ummmm.... What should I start with? This may end up being a pretty long post biggrin.gif oh well...

Ok, The first pet is my Himalayan/tabby mix. His name is Pom Pom (age 6), and he is soooo sweet! He has the normal himalayan layout with i few stripies that are on his brown-socked feet. Oh, and did I mention his hair is about 2 inches long?? Try to clean that off the floor every climate change. smile.gif He is the sweetest kitty ever!!! When he was a kitten (still nursing off of his mother's milk and not walking yet) we found him and his 5 other siblings on a shelf in my great aunt's cousins... something like that. Sooo we took the kittens in so they wouldn't die falling off the shelf...

My second kitty is Somoa (age 2 or 3). She is a calico with every color there can be on a cat on her. She is mainly white though... She has beautiful blue eyes (much like Pom Pom's), but... She happens to only have one eye. You see, when she was still a kitten my mother and older sister (kamena on here) went to one of the schools we go to and found her hurt, and so we took her in. She is really mean, but we still have her because my little sister (she happens to be the only one the little monster doesn't want to kill) fell in love with her... So there's our second cat.

The third cat is a black tabby named squeak. She is about... Lets see... 18. And she is very... Interesting. I love all of the kitties, but squeak is a little eccentric. She is very hyper at times (playing with hair bows and what not), but sometimes she's just the opposite (grumpy). My mom was given squeak as an anniversary present. She was originally in one home located at Little Rock Arkansa, but that couple had to move away. She had the same luck with the next couple until my dad got her. She moved with us to Georgia when my dad got out of teh air force (they don't get payed very well sleep.gif).

Ok... out of cats and now to the other animals. I have a hermit crab named Tim. Guess how I got the name?? It's real creative. wink.gif Take HERMIT and separate everything but the last 3 words. You get MIT. Now flip them around and you get Tim. See? Cut huh??

I also currently have a caterpillar 1 cm long, 5 tadpoles, and 2 salamanders. They kinda always sit in the tank all day... Kinda boring if you ask me, but hey. I have reasons for having them as pets wink.gif I wanna see the stages of their life cycle. Always have loved that sorta thing.

Um... Oh! I also have a super cute rabbit! His name is Koty and he is a Holland Lop. He was specifically bred so technically he has papers so we could enter him in a show... But anyway, he was originally my older sisters, but she gave him to me smile.gif I love him so much!!!

Last, but not least, is fudge (thought it was ironic someone else has one named the same thing). He/she is a guinea pig! He happens to be my little sister's, but that still counts, right?

And that is all of my pets wink.gif I think... I will edit it if there are any more I am forgetting (should I add the two snails??). Anyway, good luck to everyone with pets!! Oh, and in case you were wondering why there are no dogs under that list... I don't really like them... I mean, there ok... But I have not and good experiences with them in the past... So... Good day to you! tongue.gif

Edited by malika621

This is my dog, Jack:

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/4..._20270672_n.jpg

He is a border terrier mix who is about 5. We got him from a rescue center in England - where I live. He is very eccentric and does all sorts of cute things - like hiccuping *really* loudly in his sleep.

He was a little difficult to train, though.

His story before us was...

He live with 3 other dogs. One of them was like the mother dog, and she kept him and the two others in order.

One day, she died.

Jack went wild, and, though the kennel owner tried to persuade them that neutering him might help, they proceeded to dump him.

He was there 3 days before I got him, aged 3.

His name...

When we got him, he was called J.D. We didn't like this name in a dog. So we went to a friend's house, and we said to her husband:

'What do you think it stands for?"

And he, in typical man fashion, replied,

"Jack Daniels."

And thus, Jack.

My other dog, Kendra...

She is more of a mystery. I can't find any pictures of her on this computer, but anyway...

She is large and black, like a German Sheppy, but thinner, and more wiry-haired.

Her eyes are large and amber, and she has some silver hairs in winter.

She might be a dog called an inuit dog, a husky mix with wolf ancestry, or some people say she has greyhound in her.

I don't care, because she is beautiful.

She is mostly loyal to my dad - when we first got her, she would jump over the fence and follow him to work, and she's also very sensitive.

Interestingly, Kenny has fulfilled the Mother-dog role for Jack.

Her story before us

(She came to us already named Kendra, also aged 3, but we've had her nearly fiver years, and Jack only 2 and a half...)

Apparently, her owner was to ill to care for he anymore.

But she had many problems, such a separation anxiety, that made us suspect more to it...

And now, we are getting a kitten!

Midsummer Night's Dream

She is a pedigree British Shorthair blue.

Although she is my sister, OceanSong,'s I named her.

But since her full pedigree name is a bit of a mouthful, her nickname will be Middie.

Obviously I don't have much to say about her just yet, and we're only getting her on 15th August, but she's so cute!

And that's my pets x3

I've posted on this once before, but we've added a cute Jungle Lynx to our life. Her name is Kitca. Pronounced k-ee-ch-a, which means kitty in polish. She has big blue green eyes and loves to play with toys. Surprisingly, she doesn't like to be petted, but loves attention. She would much rather you take a toy catnip mouse and throw it and let her run after it and pounce on it.

Funny story, she brought live chipmunks into the house two days in a row. They started to run everywhere. Recently, she brought a dead bird into the house and left it on the kitchen floor.

And, here she is:Kitca (Linked for size)