Qwackie

Cats

And about the male cat thing-cats are just independent. Especially male cats. They may act like they're the king, but just be patient and they'll, ah, 'allow' you to pet them. xP

Well, I guess it just depends on the cat in general. No 2 cats are the same, just like with people. I just thought it might be a good suggestion to try out, because my cat was just the same, but I did those and we still maintain a good relationship :] But still it all falls onto the type of cat and its individual personality.

Sola, oh no! Hope your cat's okay. That stinks.

Does anyone have any suggestion for a cat that likes to claw walls? The marks aren't visible but it's getting very annoying when Widget is walking on my desk and stretches out on the wall, clawing it while she is standing on her hind legs. It's cute but bad, and I want to stop it.

~Cavey

He was in overnight again.

Had him back yesterday and the vet gave him steroids. He is booked in for first thing Monday for a chest Xray - the vet is querying a tumour sad.gif

If you cat is scratching, make sure they have a scratch post. Does your cat go outside? An indoor cat is more likely to scratch due to lack of stimulation. If so make sure your cat has plenty of play opportunities.

@ Tiki, how is Haplo now?

@ xxDragonisPrimusXX

He will not come by me.

He will not let me hold him for long.

He sits at the foot of the bed or moves when I come by him.

He like the cat treats I give him, but after that he resumes his high-and-mighty act.

You do realise that all cats have Aspergers? biggrin.gif

@ Tiki, how is Haplo now?

The anti-biotics seems to have cleared the problem up, although he did lose a fair bit of weight as he pretty much didn't eat for a week. He's just about starting to get back to his normal self. We've been feeding him whenever he seems to think he's hungry, so he's getting the wiehgt back on as well. Pretty much a case of lucky I caught it early, or the whole thing could have been much worse.

Some things my cat still likes to play with is a little laser. I like to watch him go after it. Pretty cheap, I got mine for about $5.50 at my local pet store.

Ya know, I have noticed this thing with male and female cats. Our mom's male cat, Jonah loves the laser pointer. The female, Hannah, is kind of "meh" about that. But she goes nuts with strings (like shoe laces for example). Our girl Mews is also a string-lover. Recently we stayed with someone who has a female cat called Miss Marble, and she also was crazy in love with strings.

I wonder if this is just a random thing or whether there is a cat-psychological thing connected to males liking the laser pointer and females liking string.

Edited by lanette

I love cats. House cats though. I mean, lions and such are okay, but house cats are much more cute. They're also not as high maintenance as dogs. Yes, they can be a bit mean, but they'll still cuddle with you if. My cat is really skittish, so it's hard for me to get close to her without running away.

I wonder if this is just a random thing or whether there is a cat-psychological thing connected to males liking the laser pointer and females liking string.

Unlikely. It's just different personalities. My cat is male, and he would take a hairband for a toy over a laser pointer any day.

The mog we've got now is also rather fascinated with water. He doesn't choose to get in it (although he also doesn't object too strongly if we od bathe him) but he does like to sit on the edge of the bath and watch the water run down the plug hole.

Yeah, one of our cats is fascinated with water too. If you don't keep an eye on any glass of water you have, she will intentionally tip it over just to watch to water run. It is rather funny, she won't drink it, she just sits there and watches it.

Unlikely. It's just different personalities. My cat is male, and he would take a hairband for a toy over a laser pointer any day.

Oh this^

We have two male cats and never, ever a single hair bobble, hair band, or any other type of hair clip, in the house ever. Loads and loads in the garden and on the patio!

Both cats steal them and take them outside!

I saw that on tv. If my cat was klepto, she'd probably put it all in her litterbox o.0

My cat, Lilly, does the most hi-LARIOUS things when you play with the laser. You get get her to spin in circles, jump up the wall, chase it on the tables, and once my brother even managed to make her ram into a wall! XDDDD

My other cat Furbutt/Starr completely ignores the laser. Unless, of course, we point it on his and make Lilly attack him. Or leap over him. XD

I love torturing my cats. XD

You know, at my other house, I have two dogs, Jake and Scout. Well, we met this cat who had gotten away from his/her home, and Jake and Scout LOVED him! I mean, we could have let him in the house, set him down, and gone about our business, and at the end of the day the only thing that cat would be soaking wet from being licked to death. XD

You know, at my other house, I have two dogs, Jake and Scout. Well, we met this cat who had gotten away from his/her home, and Jake and Scout LOVED him! I mean, we could have let him in the house, set him down, and gone about our business, and at the end of the day the only thing that cat would be soaking wet from being licked to death. xd.png

Wow, you're lucky. My dog doesn't want anything to do with my cats. The cats could be laying on her back (they actually do that) but she would would still just lay there. And when she wakes up and they're still there, she walks off and lets them fall off her back xd.png

My dog Bear is the exact opposite, she actually plays with our cats, sometimes putting their entire head in her mouth. It's quite adorable, and they seem to like it.

LOL! Klepto kittehs! Reminds me of Dusty the ultimate klepto cat.

My mother-in-law's siamese Daisy does that. They actualy now have a box at the end of the driveway for the things she's nicked so people can reclaim their stuff. I believe she actualy managed to bring a paint roller home one night, though mostly it seems to be socks and small stuffed toys that she steals.

I'm almost thankful that Haplo only brings home small furry creatures. Almost. Would be better if they weren't alive quite so often, though.

On the other hand, my dog Savanna would eat that cat alive...luckily, she's an outside dog.

Would be better if they weren't alive quite so often, though.

Two years ago we had mice in the house. My cat would bring them to me alive. Oh god. She'd put it at my feet and meow and I'd look down and it would run off and she would chase it. And of course, I would freak out and scream. I do believe she brought me 7 or 8 mice that summer. It's so cute how proud she was of it.

They always go under my desk to hide afterwards. I really don't like mice!

Yeah, one of our cats is fascinated with water too. If you don't keep an eye on any glass of water you have, she will intentionally tip it over just to watch to water run. It is rather funny, she won't drink it, she just sits there and watches it.

This. Except I bet your cat doesn't have an obsession with the toilet...

Wow. Mum bought a new wool rug, and Nelson is going crazy! He was laying near the computer desk, ( just next to the rug ) when he started pulling himself around on the rug by his claws. When I went to stop him he skitzed up an bolted away, probably into an impossible tiny place, like upper the wardrobe, or in my bedside table...

I like most animals. We've owned numerous cats in my life. Some we raised on bottles, because mom had died, they turned into some of the best cats we have ever owned.

At the moment own three cats: A 14 year old Charteutx(not sure of the spelling) style cat, named Indy he's a loveable fellow but very shy and strangers hardly ever see him.

Buddy: DSH- Domestic short haired grey and white about 14 years as well. Buddy was abandoned by previous owners and we ended up adopting him. He spent a year and a half waiting for his previous owners to return to him.

Snowball: DSH white cat: about 5 or 6 years old. First year of her life she was a wild kitten. Came strolling into our house past our dogs one day during a snowstorm. She can be friendly and loving but only on her terms. If she doesn't want to be bothered look out for your skin.

My mother-in-law's siamese Daisy does that. They actualy now have a box at the end of the driveway for the things she's nicked so people can reclaim their stuff. I believe she actualy managed to bring a paint roller home one night, though mostly it seems to be socks and small stuffed toys that she steals.

I'm almost thankful that Haplo only brings home small furry creatures. Almost. Would be better if they weren't alive quite so often, though.

Well Jack is feeling a little better from his steroid injection. This morning he appeared on the doorstep, after being outside for about 20 minutes, with a sparrow in his mouth.

Well Jack is feeling a little better from his steroid injection. This morning he appeared on the doorstep, after being outside for about 20 minutes, with a sparrow in his mouth.

Oh that's good to hear. You know they're feeling better when they start hunting again smile.gif Is he likely to have a relapse?

Oh that's good to hear. You know they're feeling better when they start hunting again smile.gif Is he likely to have a relapse?

Possibly. Asthma is pretty unpredictable. That's if it is asthma - the chest X-ray on Monday is to check for a tumour.

It's good that your cat is a little better, sola. My father's cat from long before I was born ended up with some kind of cancer, they took her (her name was Scratch) repeatedly to the vet to get the tumor cut off, but it kept growing back and they finally had to put Scratch to sleep. D: I hope Widget doesn't have that kind of fate laid out for her.

I'm a lover of ploofball kitties biggrin.gif They are so adorable.

~Cavey

Possibly. Asthma is pretty unpredictable. That's if it is asthma - the chest X-ray on Monday is to check for a tumour.

Fingers crossed it's asthma I guess - we used to have a cat that wheezed a fair bit, and it never stopped him from enjoying life to the full (he didn't have two brain cells to rub together, mind). He actualy died last year at the ripe old age of 15. We've also had a cat survive cancer, although that wasn't exactly the greatest of times and the cheamo did make her feel very ill. She had a relapse about six years after and was put to sleep because we felt it simply wasn't fair to put her through it all again sad.gif

cats are awesome. they r playful, loveable, adorable, and have soft fur that i could pet 4 hours i currently have 2 little girl kittens both about 2 and a half months old. my family adopted them 6 days ago. their names are ashley and indy. i had 2 type this with one hand because ashley was atacking the other. laugh.gif