Qwackie

Cats

Unlike the American curl who is a genetically healthy cat and CAN be bred with another American curl, and any other cat under the sun! I LOVE American Curls >3<

And Munchkins, which get a lot of taboo from certain people about not being healthy or able cats. This is not true however. Munchkins can get around just as well as any other cat, and are pretty healthy as far as cats go.

They even have a munchkin/american curl cross called a Kinkalow, VERY adorable cat<3

Has anyone heard of twisty cats? now THAT is sick and cruel. :\

Sola, oh no! Hope your cat's okay. That stinks.

Does anyone have any suggestion for a cat that likes to claw walls? The marks aren't visible but it's getting very annoying when Widget is walking on my desk and stretches out on the wall, clawing it while she is standing on her hind legs. It's cute but bad, and I want to stop it.

~Cavey

Methods for cats clawing furnature work for walls too. Keep a spray bottle or a compressed air canister around when she looks like she's about to claw the wall and be as discreet as possible when spraying her. Because if she sees you then she will only claw when you're not around. But if she doesn't then she will connect the reason for spraying to the wall.

Unlike the American curl who is a genetically healthy cat and CAN be bred with another American curl, and any other cat under the sun! I LOVE American Curls >3<

And Munchkins, which get a lot of taboo from certain people about not being healthy or able cats. This is not true however. Munchkins can get around just as well as any other cat, and are pretty healthy as far as cats go.

They even have a munchkin/american curl cross called a Kinkalow, VERY adorable cat<3

Has anyone heard of twisty cats? now THAT is sick and cruel. :\

Munchkins also can't be registered in the UK ( or several other ocuntries) - and if I'm honest I'd say there's got to be a reason why the GCCF is refusing to have anything to do with them. I'd have to do a lot more research before you'd get anything other than a scepticle 'hmmmm' from me about those.

Munchkins also can't be registered in the UK ( or several other ocuntries) - and if I'm honest I'd say there's got to be a reason why the GCCF is refusing to have anything to do with them. I'd have to do a lot more research before you'd get anything other than a scepticle 'hmmmm' from me about those.

Many countries and cat registries will not recognize the Munchkin breed because they believe it to be a purposeful breeding for a genetic structural abnormality that is unnecessarily cruel in terms of the cat's physical abilities and possibly their genetic health as well.

I love...cats.

I'm sorry, I just...I'm getting emotional...I really love cats.

And I love to run...

I'm sorry, I'm just thinking about cats...

I want them on a rainbow, and I want them in my bed...

I really love cats!

I love...cats.

I'm sorry, I just...I'm getting emotional...I really love cats.

And I love to run...

I'm sorry, I'm just thinking about cats...

I want them on a rainbow, and I want them in my bed...

I really love cats!

my life.

I love cats. Enough said.

Well, actually I love all animals tongue.gif

My cat is so fat, and its not because were feeding him too much, he's just a big cat. I love him so much with all his cuteness.

one of my four cats is obese, no joke, because he used to be a scrawny stray but now that he has safety and shelter and a family who loves him, he's better off. however, he eats food whenever he can, because being a stray was tough on him. he thinks that there will never be enough food. he eats like he's still a stray, like he doesn't eat enough, so he eats non-stop. habit, i guess. it's bad for him, but he can't help it.

I have loved cats since I was a little girl. I'm 20 years old now and I still have a ton of stuffed animal cats in my bedroom. I have one cat named Flora. I had another named Calico a few years ago but she got sick and died. sad.gif I miss her...

Flora's a little chubby, but I think it's because my grandmother took her to the vet to get her fixed a few years ago. She was skinny right up until then. She's still her usual self though. Likes to sit on my keyboard, hop in the dryer when I'm folding towels and generally goes wherever she wants whenever she wants. I don't allow her to go outside because we live right next to the road and the people drive like crazy people around here. And I don't want my kitty squished.

...I thank Garfield and Friends for teaching me that cats can be funny and sometimes touching in other places than the newspaper comics.

I have two cats. One is obese and one is rather skinny, which surprises me, considering the skinny one loves food and can't get enough of it/wants it all the time.

I also really wish some people who love dogs would stop going around saying that they hate cats and wish they would be eliminated from this world all the time. Now, if a dog said that, that would be understandable.

But just because you have a few bad experiences with a feline doesn't mean you have to automatically assume they're hellions in disguise.

When I was younger we had two cats. And this Siamese, En Dora, was awesome and didn't attack me when I was a toddler and pulled his whiskers. And then Dora and Ronnie died. And we got a stray when he was abandoned at like 3 months. Orange male. He was mean. I was then afraid of cats for about ten years. O.o Then we got a fat cat named Padmé because my cousin couldn't keep her and we gave her back. Then we got a six month old adorable stray kitten. Orange tabby male, Samson. He's my lover now. We fight during the day and then we make up and sleep together.

Any one have tips for dealing with a male cat? Growing up most of my cats had been female with the exception of one that my uncle had release custody over to me. None of them (including the one eldery feline) gave me bit of difficulty till now. He's several years old now, but was originally a street kitten that was taken in. Now he's got a companion, but when I want to hold him or even play with him. He's acting like a spoil prince.

He will not come by me.

He will not let me hold him for long.

He sits at the foot of the bed or moves when I come by him.

He like the cat treats I give him, but after that he resumes his high-and-mighty act.

Edited by xxDragonisPrimusXX

Ah cats, the greatest species to ever colonize and enslave mankind! biggrin.gif

xxDragonisPrimusXX, your male cat's aloofness could be just a trait of his breed. Some breeds of cats love being held and petted while other breeds are more independent. Also individuals within a very friendly breed can sometimes have more aloof personalities too. So it could just be the way he is, not anything you're doing wrong.

When it comes to actually holding a cat, one trick I have learned from watching countless cat shows on Animal Planet (My Cat From Hell gives good insights into cat behavior) is to hold a cat so that it's not facing up, as you would a baby. Hold it so that it can see the floor/ground. That, in my experience, keeps them calmer. But you have to understand, some cats don't like being picked up, and if they are not de-clawed, be careful.

Start with petting while you give him treats and don't rush to pick him up. Most cats have their "sweet spots" behind the ear and on the back near the base of the tail. If you do some gentle scratching on those spots, by the cat's reaction you can tell when you hit the right spot. With behind the ear they start to turn their head into your hand and purr. With the back, they lower their front half to the ground and raise their back half so the spot is easily accessible to you. Once you get to the point where the cat will roll over on the floor on his back, you have earned his trust. But even then, go slow. For the next few times, just scratch his tummy; don't try to pick up, let him gets used to getting into that vulnerable position with you. When you do finally try to pick him up, do it while he's still on his feet, not on his back - otherwise you can spook him and undo all that you did to gain his trust.

Yeah, so that's what's worked for me based on tips picked up here and there and my own experience. Hope it helps.

OH NOES!!1!

My cat Nelson is really antisocial to other animals sad.gif

Yesterday he scratched my little brother's best friend's dog and it started bleeding! I've never seen my cat so.. so Violent! Also he had a fight with the neighbours cat a week ago... I've tried to keep him inside but he's a Norwegian Forest Cat X Siberian Cat. When he stays inside for longer than 4 hours, he starts to jump around, bite people, eat inedible objects, eat edible objects, eat me. Oh yeah, being Siberian comes with an uncanny obsession with water. He doesn't like to get in it, He plays with it... So when we flush the toilet... uhhg...

So that is why I , the almighty human with opposable thumbs and a conscience, can't keep Lord Nelson Wabbit Porter (our cat's full name ), A feline thats 1/ 8th my size, from getting outside...

I love your cat's name. That is just so cute!

All the cat's I've had growing up usually avoided the dogs and didn't fight each other unless they were in a small space together. Nelson's probably being territorial. I've always either had cats that my mother allowed to wander outside the house, or Flora, who hasn't been allowed to even go outside since I got her 3 years ago. All the outdoor cats never liked being held by people or being brought indoors. And Flora only really likes to be held by me.

I've never seen a cat that likes to get near water though!

i was looking at cat breeds and it looks like my kitty Lynx is an American bobtail, at least in part.

user posted image

user posted image

they look so much like her.

user posted image <-- my kitty

Edited by WestWindReborn

Oh no, but thats the point, he lurves it inside. He just can't stay in for long(4 hours). Also, thank you for the comment. At the adoption centre we found him t, we found his file. we called out his name, and he came bounding across like a rabbit. Mum loved looney tunes so instead of Rabbit, We called him "Wabbit". The lord is short for, well, you might guess it. Plus, Dragonis described nelson perfectly.

From Wikipedia:

Siberian Forest Cat:

"The Siberian is very dog-like. They are loyal cats that will come to greet you. This cat breed appears to be fascinated with water and they are likely to drop toys in it. They are a friendly breed , energetic, and smart. They tend to be a talkative breed, such as commenting with short soft mewing sounds when they encounter an object of interest, or pleading for a door to be opened at night so that they can sleep with a favorite person. Living indoors in harmony with others has given rise to many of their traits. With their unique triple fur, they are adapted well for cold environments. - He Does this, sometimes

Norwegian Forest Cat:

"(and has) adapted to a very cold climate, with top coat of glossy, long, water-shedding hairs, and a woolly undercoat for insulation." - My cats fur

"The ears are large, wide at the base, high set, have a tufted top, are placed in the extension of the triangle formed by the head, and end with a tuft of hair like the ears of the lynx." - His Ears

"it is a strong, big cat, similar to the Maine Coon breed, with long legs, a bushy tail, and a sturdy body. The breed is very good at climbing, since they have strong claws." - Nelson all over.

Norwegian Forest Cat

Siberian Cat

EDIT: This is him, on my Facebook page:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-sn...2_4410044_n.jpg

Sorry for smallness

Edited by Froggu_master

I've never seen a cat that likes to get near water though!

We used to have a foreign white that would take shower with you. It surprised me a little the first time he did it, I tell you, but after that I got kinda used to there being a cat in the shower.

The mog we've got now is also rather fascinated with water. He doesn't choose to get in it (although he also doesn't object too strongly if we od bathe him) but he does like to sit on the edge of the bath and watch the water run down the plug hole.

Eh, not many people are very knowledgeable about cat breeds, unlike dog breeds.

Well, I thought Calico cats were a real breed, and not just a distinctive color, because the game 'Petz' let me adopt a Calico cat...literally, it showed up as 'Calico.' XD

I bet a LOT of people make that mistake. There aren't even many cat breeds at all, so many people think colorings are breeds. I see it a lot, people claiming to have a purebred tabby cat, or such.

Any one have tips for dealing with a male cat? Growing up most of my cats had been female with the exception of one that my uncle had release custody over to me. None of them (including the one eldery feline) gave me bit of difficulty till now. He's several years old now, but was originally a street kitten that was taken in. Now he's got a companion, but when I want to hold him or even play with him. He's acting like a spoil prince.

I think I have a few things that may help out.

I have 3 cats, 2 male and a female. One is also a street cat, so I can relate.

If there's one thing I learned from having a male cat, it's that they like to be able to explore at their own leisure. I have to let my cat come to me, or else he gets upset and runs to another room. I'm not sure if that's just my cat but this happens with my mom's cat a lot. Also, sometimes he likes to roughhouse with my female cat, kinda picking on her. He's the oldest and likes to think he's still the baby >.< With the play thing, I believe cats like certain types of play when they're kittens more than when they're adults. My cat used to LOVE to play, but now he just wanders around the house and tries to eat my food 0.0 So all in all, I'd say just letting him be more independent, but still loving him, will make him happy happy.gif Some things my cat still likes to play with is a little laser. I like to watch him go after it. Pretty cheap, I got mine for about $5.50 at my local pet store. So yeah hope this could be of some use biggrin.gif Good Luck

I don't think this is a problem with him being a male cat. I have a male cat as well but he's a complete lovebug.

Some cats are just aloof. It has a lot to do with how they were socialized as a kitten. If he doesn't want your affection, forcing it won't help. Wait until it comes to you, and if he doesn't, wait more.

Oh yeah, Tabby cat is another confusion. :P

And about the male cat thing-cats are just independent. Especially male cats. They may act like they're the king, but just be patient and they'll, ah, 'allow' you to pet them. xP