Qwackie

Cats

I wish the best of luck to everyone's sick kitties :<

For my kitties, I feel really bad for my older cat. She's getting really annoyed with the kitten, to a point where she won't share the bed with Maddy if I'm on it. A few times I've found them curled up on the bed at the same time, just in different areas. And other times I find them wrestling and playing (I think) but it seems more often than not that Lyra's getting a shorter and shorter tolerance for the kitten, which is the exact opposite of what I want. QAQ

And Maddy has this thing where she likes to attack my hands and claw/bite them to death. Then if I take my hands away, she bites me through my clothes on various spots of my body. >< OW.

So, I like cats.  Any kind of cat, really, big, small, wild, domestic, as long as it's a cat odds are that I'm going to love it on sight.Do you have a favorite breed of cat?    Do you have a favorite non-domestic cat?  Why do you like them?  Or do you just like them for some reason you can't quite pin down?

Do you have a cat?  Do you wish you had a cat?  Would you like to work with cats?

How do you feel about the treatment of cats in show business?

Yes, Tonkinese (Tonks are somehow bred to be cute. Burmese=Burma Tonkinese=Tonkin Siamese=Siam Balinese=Bali =No. that was just coincidental)

Yes, Lynx

Can't quite pin down.

Yes. He is a Tonk and is a Solid Sable.

MORE CATS.

Yes, I would probably be ok with them.

Iz good.

The oldest domestic cat was named Creme Puff, and lived an astonishing 38 years-about 140 cat years. The oldest Cat is currently Mischief, 27 human years and 125 cat years.

The only thing that makes my cat sort of sick is him having bad breath.

Edited by hgfggg

I have a maltese-shitzu, he's white all over and has a pair of big dark eyes that he just kind of rolls at you when you're being an idiot. He's called Rafa, after Rafael Nadal tongue.gif

When I have to leave in the mornings, he runs up to the window and stares out at me - it's heartbreaking! sad.gif

I love cats and felines, and I will never stop loving. and I've owned many cats in my life. My favorite cat breeds are the Oriental Shorthair and Siamese.

wub.gif

Okay, here are some pics of my birds. smile.gif

First we have Allie, a really nice little girl :3

user posted image

And then we have Rocky, also known as Rocky the killer. Watch out

user posted image

Rocky again, destroying my shorts <3 and yes i know, ugly wallpaper..

user posted image

And Chicko. He's not mine actually, he is my mothers.

user posted image

And this is my everything, Loudi, when he was about 6 months old, stealing a lollipop from me :3

I love his expression, it's like his thinking "Huh? Me? No I am not holding your candy in my foot."

user posted image

We have a cat and a dog too. And we bought another bird today, but have no pics on them.

Sorry for looong post btw >.<

Even though I have 3 awesome cats, I still like dogs better. :3

Spirit, your tiels are so cute :3 What type of bird is Loudi?

This is my cockatiel, Jeffrey. <3

user posted image

He loves showers, Cheerios, and pulling keys off of my boyfriend's laptop. xd.png

Okay, so what is that weird chittering noise that cats make when they watch birds or animals outside? I've seen videos of cats online do it, and then today my kitten was sitting at the back window making this really bizarre chittering noise. What is it and what's it for? xd.png

Does anyone have any suggestion for a cat that likes to claw walls?

~Cavey

Claw covers. If you cat is an Indoor cat it's perfect, but it might have a little trouble gripping stuff. It also means if he tries to attack you, his claws will render useless. just try to dodge the teeth... Anyways, you can buy them off the internet, and you can get your vet to glue them on biggrin.gif

Hope this helps,

Froggu ninja.gif

Spirit, your tiels are so cute :3 What type of bird is Loudi?

I'd guess he's a species of Amazon, personaly. Would that be right, Spirit?

Okay, so what is that weird chittering noise that cats make when they watch birds or animals outside? I've seen videos of cats online do it, and then today my kitten was sitting at the back window making this really bizarre chittering noise. What is it and what's it for? xd.png

We've always called it clacking. wink.gif No idea what it's for, but they usualy seem to do it when they're looking at something they want to go and hunt. Normally when they're looking out the window at birds, to be fair, although I did know one that used to do it while looking at the pet mice we had in a tank.

Edited to add: I've only ever noticed it when the cat in question couldn't get at whatever it was it was clacking at. I've frequently seen cats stal;k birds while outside with me, and they never clack then. Only when they've been indoors looking out through a window.

Edited by TikindiDragon

<3 I have a rat. His name is Tulio ^^ he's blackish brown. He just snoozes on me all day. Floppy little bugger.

Edited by Greywake

xd.png

I've always found it funny when they do this.

There's also the flehmen response after a cat smells something. It's like they try to smirk or something. xd.png

My cat acts like a dog. He always climbs all over you and rolls in grass and sometimes he actually eats my dog's food. But my dog eats cat food so not much of a surprise :/

I love my cat though. He's a Scottish Fold and really energetic. <3

I love my cat though. He's a Scottish Fold and really energetic. <3

Keep an eye on him - there's a very high chance he'll develop joint problems when he gets older if he's got folded ears.

Edit: typos. Can also provide links to vetinary reports if anyone is doubting this particular piece of information. The gene that causes the ears to fold *does* cause joint problems in *all* cases, though to varying levels of severity.

Edited by TikindiDragon

@TPishek and TikindiDragon: Aww Jeffrey is cute too :3 And Loudi is not an amazon, he is a senegal parrot. smile.gif

I still want a F2 Savanna cat. I love them. So big!

F2s aren't like normal cats. They require a lot more specialized of a touch. It'd be better to start of with a normal Savannah first.

F2s aren't like normal cats. They require a lot more specialized of a touch. It'd be better to start of with a normal Savannah first.

This, yea. Make sure you're in a state where Savannah's aren't illegal either.

trololol

Cat in the Hat

Ok no Dr. Suess here.

My cat got out last night. Poor baby was scard stiff from the fireworks, no to mention there were coyotes out too (I heard them), and we got racoons. It was dark and when I saw him he wasnt moving. It was so dark and all I could see were his glowing eyes, wite patch on his chest and frong paws tucked underneath him. To me he looked live a demon ferby! I nearly had a heart attack! tongue.gif He's back in now tho. Dumb cat couldve died! The older cat knows better and comes inside as soon as it gets dark.

Keep an eye on him - there's a very high chance he'll develop joint problems when he gets older if he's got folded ears.

Edit: typos. Can also provide links to vetinary reports if anyone is doubting this particular piece of information. The gene that causes the ears to fold *does* cause joint problems in *all* cases, though to varying levels of severity.

:[ yeah that worries me a lot. My best friend owns his mother and she developed joint problems.

:[ yeah that worries me a lot. My best friend owns his mother and she developed joint problems.

As I said - it's genetic. The joint problems are caused because there are problems with the cats cartilage. It's the dodgy cartilage that causes the ears to fold, and it also causes the joint cartilage to wear out. It's why (as far as I'm aware - remember the breed cannot be registered in the UK so it doesn't really exist over here) that breeders won't breed fold to fold - a cat that gets two copies of the fold gene develops severed join and bone problems at a very young age.