Qwackie

Cats

I am a tad worried

I own a corgi-sheltie she is a cuddly ball of orange fluff (note to self post photo later) mix and have a question about a bizarre behavior she exhibited today I had been eating roasted pistachios earlyer and I guess I must of dropped a few shells anyhow she picked up and was chewing on the shells I Immanently took the shells from her but I can not imagine why she was chewing on them in the first place..

I dont think she wanted them to chew because I give her plenty of chewbones/rawhides

could she need more sodium or somthing?

(for those wondering my family owns 4 pets by the way the said corgi mix a german shepard and 2 adult tabby )

Edited by chickenhound

I am a tad worried

I own a corgi-sheltie she is a cuddly ball of orange fluff (note to self post photo later) mix and have a question about a bizarre behavior she exhibited today I had been eating roasted pistachios earlyer and I guess I must of dropped a few shells anyhow she picked up and was chewing on the shells I Immanently took the shells from her but I can not imagine why she was chewing on them in the first place..

I dont think she wanted them to chew because I give her plenty of chewbones/rawhides

could she need more sodium or somthing?

(for those wondering my family owns 4 pets by the way the said corgi mix a german shepard and 2 adult tabby )

Much simpler answer - dogs chew almost anything. Especially if they think you've been eating it as well.

Well, figures my dog and I share our taste in Chocolate.

So the 12 pound Norwich ate all the malted chocolate eggs and the hazelnut-filled chocolate eggs. He left the mini eggs, jelly beans, and the hollow easter bunny. He literally ate my favorites and left the rest.

500 dollars later he had induced vomiting, an IV, and a steady diet of charcoal for the day. Getting the black out of his beard will be... annoying to say the least.

No cats for me. Dun like them at all. tongue.gif

Dogs are another thing. <3 I have a beagle named Daisy Duke. : D She's quite fat and very lazy, but still loves her walkies. She does have her hyper moments, lol.

Besides her, I've had a West Highland terrier in the past, but we had to sell him when we found out that my brother is allergic to dogs. We've also had three fish (Goldeen, Seaking, and Magikarp xd.png) and three gerbils (Sandy, Snowflake, and Blackie), but they're all gone now.

I love cats, mainly because my parents purchased one xd.png We wanted a dachshund, too, but that would've cost too much.

Widget--her photo's in the sig--is SO CUTE. Right now she is curled up in the space between my Mac Mini and keyboard. And she likes placing her paw on the keyboard. She's typed too much. xd.png

~Cavey

I love pets! Currently I have two pugs, a cat, two dwarf rats, one crested gecko, one male betta fish, and a flock of eight chickens with more chicks on the way!!!

I have a long list of animals I'd love to own as well, namely reptiles to create a collection smile.gif

Tomorrow is the Bi-Annual Rent-A-Puppy event on campus.

I'm excited. :3 Having a pet for 30 minutes is a great way to forget about exams.

I wish we had a Rent-A-Puppy event D:

As it is, I've got to make due with my African Clawed Frog, who is super-cute and lots of fun, but not exactly cuddly, lol.

I love cats! wub.gif

my favourite cat species are snowshoes and snow leopards. biggrin.gif

and I have one cat, but what is strange about her is that she gived a birth to 13 kitties once blink.gif I know it sounds impossible, but its true

Ooo, triskaplets? I had to look up just now of what a thirteen-sided shape is called.

Anyway, I love cats and yet I can't have them anytime soon unless I move out quicker. My sister has a few and I am jealous. However, when I do get one, I'll have to figure out how to keep my birds safe.

I love cats! I always have! biggrin.gif

It's strange, but I've always loved cats and tigers, even though I've never owned one due to my mom's and my own allergies. But I'm definitely a cat person over a dog person.

They look so wise and independent, and oh so beautiful! Their coats are so soft, the colors and patterns gorgeous! And their eyes... mesmerizing with singular beauty. wub.gif I really love any cat, but my favorite kind is Siamese. I have no idea why, I just like them. laugh.gif i don't like Persians as much 'cause they look overfed. xd.png

Their adaptations are also amazing. They can see in the dark, have great senses of hearing, smell, and touch(whiskers), and their retractable claws are the coolest! Their hunting capabilities are amazing. I love just watching cats stalk a toy or get ready to pounce.

My friend had one of the nicest cats, and her name is Skye (she's not dead, but she lives with my friend's grandparents now). I used to cat-sit for them when they would go on vacation, and out of the three I took care of, I loved Skye the most. Her two brothers are Santiago and Sebastian, who are black while she is gray. They're the softest, most beautiful trio of cats I know.

For wild cats, like I said, my favorite is the tiger. I really hope more will be done to help them conservation in the future (and right now). I also like cheetahs, ocelots, and clouded leopards. happy.gif

When I older I hope to volunteer at a local animal shelter, and when I grow up I want to be a zookeeper, either working with all animals, birds of prey, or cats. I also want to own a cat, because I can take medication to stop my allergies unlike my mom. smile.gif

And the Egyptians had good reasons to worship them in ancient times. xd.png

Kinda digging this thread up because I randomly feel like showing someone a pic of my dog xd.png

user posted image

I don't think she'll ever like Christmas now, because of that bow.. She hated it X)

My dog is awesome, though rather chewy.. But then, she's barely out of puppyhood. Not much of a cat person myself. Cats don't really seem to like me, lol.

Edited by GoldenShadowFire

Yesterday shortly after noon, I had to put my Husky/Shepherd Honey Bear down. Not terribly old (9 years +/-) , she had lost a lot of weight, became incontinent, and oftentimes stumbled. Over the past year or so, she spent a lot of time sleeping, but still enjoyed walks, although she tired quickly. The vet thinks she had cancer. I'm going through a rough time now, as I live alone and the house feels extremely empty - as does my heart at the moment.

Here's the two of us by the statuary in front of the St. Francis Veterinary Clinic in Riverside, IA. We both went in... I came back out.

user posted image

I have a few animals as my babies. Course, not literally but nevertheless. I currently own a turtle and three zebra finches. I can't own very many other pets because my dad doesn't allow me to. He keeps saying I got enough animals because of my birds, but they are all tiny. I pretty much want to own every single animal in the planet but that's very wishful imagination on my part. One of these days though, I will keep an aviary full of finches, if I get lucky to find a young mate for my turtle the same way I found him, and at least one cat.

The one thing I still feel very good about is when I rescued my baby turtle nearly a year ago. He was trying to get away from the traffic in this neighborhood I drive in occasionally, including mine, and for a turtle, he was quite speedy. I saw him while I was driving. So, I turned around, grabbed him, and he's been mine ever since. He's very lucky I rescued him. Several things could've happened to him that would have been bad for a baby like him. He has become quite the glutton, I admit, but I won't mind taking care of him for the thirty years he'll be around. Funny, my dad thought the reptile was going to outlive me but I'll be fifty by the time he reaches 30.

My turtle's name is Scooter, and my birds' names are Lucky, Junior, and BeeBee. Scooter is a boy, I assume. BeeBee is a girl and the other two are boys.

Anywho, enough of that. Here are some pics of my precious animals.

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Edited by Kamoodle

I've got two girl Italian Greyhounds named Diamond and Pearl (I named them before those Pokemon games came out, thank you. x_x)

Diamond is around 8 and Pearl is about 2 or 3. Dimey has a patch of white fur at the back of her neck in the shape of a diamond, hence the name~ She's also a lot smaller than Pearly is. Pretty tiny even for an italian greyhound.

They're both pretty lazy and spoiled. x3

I sort of want a rat, but my dogs try to kill any small animal they see. x_x;

I took one of my rats, Bella, to the vet today. She has pnumonia. Luckily not a very serious case. The vet gave me some medication and told me to put it in a nebulizer for her. He also gave me some oral antibiotics. In the end, after I buy the nebulizer, the vet bill is $320. Yes, I would spend that much to save my $5 pet rat. <3

My favorite are Savannahs but I can't have one because I have I guinea pig and my family likes to travel. I was going to get a male silver F2 named Dragon.

For your sake, get a normal Savannah (preferably a normal cat) before you get an F2. They really aren't like normal cats and they have special needs.

I was reminded today of how unbearably cute very baby kittens are. I want to a vets to read the meter, and they had a 4-week old kitten in that had had pneumonia. The meter was in one of the back rooms, and one of the vet-techs opened the oxygen chamber so I could say hello smile.gif I think it wanted feeding, I recognise the same squeak made by hand-rear babies when they think it's feeding time. It's eyes had only just opened, so they were a lovely misty-blue colour.

Ahhhh now I wish we had a litter again. Unfortunately circumstances mean the family isn't breeding at the moment.

I have 3 cats: Max (ginger, short-hair), Macbeth (grey/white patched short-hair), and M'cDuff (multi-colored short-hair). I love them all! Such diffirent personalities. Max has mood swings and either bites you or won't leave you alone. MacBeth is antisocial and grumpy. he likes to sit on you when he sleeps, but if you pet him you get scratched. Now M'cDuff! He is my baby! He loves everyone even though he is a little fraidy-cat, and he doesn't care what you do with him. He lets you pick him up and cuddle him, play with his feet and tail, and he will curl up on your lap or stretch out depending on where you pet him. AND he is tiny! I love them all, but M'cDuff is my favorite.

Max~

user posted image

user posted image

(lol!)

M'cDuff~

user posted image

MacBeth has no pictures that I know of, but he looks kind of like this~

user posted image

(yes I drew this, but it was a long time ago, and for my dad when I went through my warriors phase.)

I love all cats, specially ragdolls and short-hairs. My fav. wild cats would have to be cheetah cubs, because their faces are so darn cute!!!!!!!

aha pets. Well, I currently have 6 cats, but have had so many more. I remember 36 biggrin.gif (We breed our females occasionally, so most of that is kittens, who we rarely actually keep). I've had 2 rabbits, had 2 fish that miraculously lived for 2 years, and in 2 weeks, I'm getting an Albino California King Snake *excited whoop*. Hoping a horse comes into the equation in the future lol. What can I say? I love animals.

I'm getting an Albino California King Snake *excited whoop*.

Oooohhh pretty. Just watch it when feeding... the albino's can have pretty poor eyesight, so they strike .. well, everything! rolleyes.gif

We have 2 Royal Pythons,

a Spotted Python

and a Juvi Water Dragon <-- ( He's my green baby wub.gif )

user posted image

TD.x.

I have two puffer fish, named Kandi and Buttons (Better known as Mr. and Ms. Puffer Fish), three cats, named Sammy, Rusty (Those two are radgolls) and Sakura (A bengal), a leopard gecko called Isa, a quarter horse named Tango, and I'm expecting to get a Sun Conure, who I've been calling Bandit. I'm also trying to convince my mom to get me a garter snake, a turtle, or a hamster. <3

I used to have two pug dogs - Yoda and Peanut - but they passed away last year. <3 I also had another Ragdoll cat, called Muggzy, but she got out and was hit by a car in 2008. It was her that inspired us to get Sammy and Rusty.~

Edited by ShinyDazzlight