Qwackie

Cats

Lots of Bengals have a "secret stash" of food and toys they think no one knows about. xd.png

Oh yeah, Beetle has two main places that he stashes different things. The lounges he stashes food, and under the Tv is a collection of McDonalds straws, probably about 25 of them now. They are his favourite things ever, if you go near them he turns into a big growly monster cat.

Lol, yeah, straws are a definite Bengal favorite... it's just like a cat to have lots of expensive toys but be crazy about something like a straw.

Mewlie has a habit of stealing my dice. I think she has a serious gambling problem. She will bypass everything on a table to get a dice. And it doesn't matter how my sides or the symbols. She always reconizes a dice, and looses it first time I forget to put it away. I wish I could find her secret stash.

My baby Lyra (MUSTACHE) is a sweet little Snowshoe C: I love her to death. She sleeps in the funniest positions xd.png She's also a bit of a lunatic, too. She thinks she's a dog; she wags were tail when she's being pet, will constantly lick my hands and face, and comes when you whistle xd.png She also wrestles with my puppy. But she's a good cat, for the most part. In the morning, she sits on my shower mat while she waits for me to get clean. Then she'll follow me around the house. If she doesn't have food in her bowl, she gets SUPER affectionate and meows at me or crawls into my lap and waits until I notice her bowl is empty. x3 She also likes to pounce on my hair when I least expect it (especially if she's sitting on the back of the couch behind someone) or bite my feet in the middle of the night if I move in my sleep. xd.png

But, she has her issues, too. She has (or, had) severe separation anxiety. If I was away for a night, she'd spent the ungodly hours walking around the house yowling and looking for me. She would also take up urinating on my clothes, my bed, or the wall beside my bed if I was gone too long. This got really bad and almost got to a point where we had to give her away,but thankfully we were able to get her on some antidepressants to chill her out. x3 Poor thing. But, unfortunately, she was also diagnosed with mouth cancer after we got a strange growth removed from her lip. It's not treatable, either, because of the location :/ She's only two years old... ;_;

The weird thing was, mouth cancer is what we had to put my old cat down for. The tumor was growing so rapidly that it either would have broken her jaw or suffocated her before too long. Thankfully, Lyra's isn't that aggressive, and it's actually been a few months since we got the tumor removed and we haven't seen it growing back yet.

But I love this cat =D She lets me hold her like a baby, and when I have to trim her claws, I sit her in my lap with her back to my tummy and her butt cupped in my lap, and she sits perfectly content will I cut away. Sometimes she even purrs. xd.png It's like kitty spa.

She's a cool cat C: Has a lot of personality and spunk.

Oh, and I was reading an animal health book today, and learned why stray female cats have so many babies if they aren't spayed. (Probably already mentioned in this threat already~) Apparently, even though they still go through the heat cycles, cats have induced ovulation. Which basically means, they only ovulate, or release the eggs, when they're bred.

. _. Hrm.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Wee, kitties! I love them. I have two right now; the first is Sally my Siamese (seal point), whom I've had since I was five. I was very creative with naming back then. >.> She's my baby. ^.^ Sally is going to turn seventeen in a couple of weeks. I really need to get a good photo of her eyes. They're very unique and beautiful. The irises kind of look like this marble, but in the classic blue of Siamese.

The other kitty is Luma, a tabby-something mix. My mom adopted her from a student. She's still a kitten, almost a year old. She's recently started getting more loving, jumping on laps and purring her head off and whatnot. Right now, she's purring in my ear.

My favorite big cat is a cheetah. I could go on and on about my love of them, but I won't.

I've heard that a lot of naturalist don't believe cheetahs are true wild cats. They are more like established feral species like mustangs or dingoes. Supposably they are descended from 'hunting cats' that used to be kept by royalty and rich. Don't know if it's true but I thought it was an interesting theory.

Hahaha, Lyra's walking in front of my lap top repeatedly and telling me to go to bed xd.png

Dogs have owners!.... Cats Have Staff... laugh.gif

I love cats there so funny and entertaining.... biggrin.gif

Does anyone have a cat that doesn't like tuna. Mewlie won't touch it. I give it to her and she bawls her little white and tabby head off at me wanting canned food while Mitzu eats all the tuna by himself.

Mewlie- "Mommy, I don't want this. It don't have a picture of a cat on the can. I want some fish flavored fancy feast."

Mitzu- "Fine with me, I get it all."

Mine is totally uninterested in human food. If it isn't cheap cat food he won't touch it. He won't even touch expensive cat food!

Mine is totally uninterested in human food. If it isn't cheap cat food he won't touch it. He won't even touch expensive cat food!

Really?

If I have food, my cats MUST have it, no matter what it is. I have been attacked by Gecko over watermelon before.

My Stanwyck loved chili and beans and spaghetti - she's been gone for a while now but I still miss her like anything! She was a lover and talked to us and did several tricks and lived on my shoulder from day one. That was HER idea too. She picked ME when I walked into the shelter.

I have a Sable Lynx Point who was adopted from the shelter who has never been outdoors and has a real catitude (probably the result of her being very sick with the Upper Respiratory thing when she was tiny and HATED getting her medicine). I also have a little Tux female who was brought, along with her brother, to our house by her Mother, Mama Moxie (feral). Just the way she looked back at me was special and I ended up bringing her inside after she'd spent almost a year outside. I fed her (well, THEM) twice a day and they spent the nasty weather in our garage all cuddled together in the shelf-bed we put up. Ribbon, the inside-outside kitty has never offered to go back out AND she is the sweetest kitty (except for Stanwyck) you'd ever hope to meet. She has the teeniest little peep for a meow but she is a talker.

On the In/Out thing: But don't the English have these lovely protected, walled yards that their kitties can go out in? Our house backs up on a swamp with an unfenced lot, and there are foxes, coyotes, possums and raccoons back there that wouldn't mind kitty for supper. AND we lost our beloved 9 year-old Gandalf (back when it was hip to have a cat named Gandalf), an indoor-outdoor guy, by his being run over by a car. Ever since that NONE of my kitties go outside.

On the In/Out thing: But don't the English have these lovely protected, walled yards that their kitties can go out in? Our house backs up on a swamp with an unfenced lot, and there are foxes, coyotes, possums and raccoons back there that wouldn't mind kitty for supper. AND we lost our beloved 9 year-old Gandalf (back when it was hip to have a cat named Gandalf), an indoor-outdoor guy, by his being run over by a car. Ever since that NONE of my kitties go outside.

Um, no. Not most houses anyway. Besides - unless your wall is around 9ft high a cat will jump it. My garden is about the size of a postage stamp, and it backs out onto mixed farm & woodland. The front of the house is the major road that runs through the village (as I live above the Post Office).

Sounds a bit like our tabby. OK, she likes the more expensive dry cat food, but if you give her that soaked kind of cat food, she's only going to lick off the sauce, and she won't eat meat. However, our Somali girl is crazy about all kinds of meats and even chicken bones.

Ours aren't supposed to have it... for one thing our lot are all on a diet... were getting too fat, for a while. But this doesn't stop Neko, our black cat from begging anyway.

As for cat food though, our trio let me know on NO UNCERTAIN terms when they think it is time for them to get their daily kitty kibble. They will sitt and cry until they geet fed...

We have to be very careful not to run out of cat food in our house. There is very little in the way of people food to substitute that both cats will eat. Mitzu only likes tuna, canned chicken and Mil-not. They wouldn't even eat hamburger or hot dogs.

About the only people food mewlie will eat is mil-not and cheese whiz. As I posted before, she won't even eat tuna (Though she eats tuna flavored cat food ). Not very healthy. Anything else the best she'll do is take tiny nibbles as she plays with it.

I admit it is cute watching the puppy with peanutbutter routine as Mewlie eat's cheese whiz though.

Edited by LADYDRAGONSKEEPER

I get asked a lot at work how Mewlie got her name. I find it funny very few people ask about Mitzu who was named after a fictional animal but Mewlie who likes to go 'mew, mew, mew,' stumps them.

How did anybody here name pick cat names.

I like cats, however the only "cats" in the house are catfish.

Edited by frostmourne

I love cats a lot. I think I love them more than dogs, but I'm not sure (because I haven't had a cat or a dog in a while). They're elusive and aloof while at the same time graceful, unafraid of heights (the cat I used to have used to balance on the railings of our deck, which scared the heck outta me because I'm terrified of heights, but he was chill about it), and... yeah.

Apparently cats kill for fun, though, so they still have a bit of wild in them, even when they're domesticated.

Still not entirely sure how I ended up stewarding at the show I was at on Sunday. Did get to see (and cuddle) some gorgeous cats, though, so I'm not going to complain about it biggrin.gif

I love my kitty! I also feed the feral cats in my neighborhood.

This is my cat Luna, she's 8 months old. She's so laid back and tolerant. I generally like cats if they're easy to read and tolerant. Not a fan of the cats that get over-stimulated easily and suddenly attack your hand.

user posted image

user posted image

Yay! I found the cat topic!

I love cats and I really want to try and help them out more. happy.gif I recently started volunteering for a TNR project in my area. It's been a bit slow though. Unfortunately I work weekends, and that keeps me from doing much. Still, I did manage to take the one stray kitty that I feed every day and get him neutered and vaccinated. I'd like to bring him inside the house one day and start fostering cats, but I'm having some pretty serious renovations done on my home, so now is unfortunately not the right time.