I love cats. I have a male grey tabby named Mitzu and a patchwork white and grey tabby girl named Mewlie.

Mitzu is the calmer of the two. He lazes about until he wants attention an then becomes a 'talker'. He does have bouts of thinking hes a kitten again, especially if he finds something interesting he just has to bat around. My biggest problem is he has a really bad habit of putting his toys in the litter box. He also likes being petted very roughly. If not a deep tissue petting it's not good enough.

Mewlie is a little brat and a half. She gets into EVERYTHING. And she harasses Mitzu until he goes nuts and hides. The little brat can also tell when the catnip bag is opened even if shes sleeping. She has to be retsrained until we give some to Mitzu or she'll take it from him before we can give her some. If we ive it to her first she'll still go for his. And she loves being given fres water. If you turn on the water she wants you to changer her dish even if its clean. She's also gotten into the habit of throwing food in the water and mewling until you change it. And I have a hard time making jewelry because all beads in her opinion are hers.

Lucky. smile.gif What are the chances for a cat to survive that? /curious

With that kind of cancer if it's caught early relatively good.

The problem with cats is that, unless you have a lifetime of experience around them, and are very sensitive to them anyway, it can often be quite hard to know when something is wrong. They hide it. Both mum and I have taken a cat to the vet before going "There's something wrong here." without any of the more obvious signs of being sick most people would look for. Invariably when the vet runs tests it turns out that, yes, something is in the early stages of being wrong. I caught my old siamese at the point where his kidney function had just started dropping - sadly there wasn't anything that could be done about that, but thanks to early madication he spent his last ferw years a lot more comfortable than he would ahve done otherwsie.

I think pretty any vertebrate can get cancer, not sure about intvertebrates~

That reminded me about a GRAPHIC!! tale about the wife of the brother of a friend of mine, who is a vet but didn't have the guts to put her own cat to sleep when it had osteosarcoma of the lower jaw until the jaw literally broke off and she found the cat crawling on the floor in agony. /end of graphic story

Talk about unprofessional decisions.

Oh my god ;A;

That's horrible

I love cats, they're amazing animals. Cats seem to have a lot of attitude, unlike some pets- They all have their own individual personality.

This is my cat, Zena. She's a Devon Rex/Seal Point and is about 12. But she doesn't act it- She's always chasing birds and have crazy little runs around the house.

user posted image

This is the most recent photo of her, I took it at Christmas with my new camera. She's got the most gorgeous, soft fur and a bushy that's just a little too thick for a Devon, more like a Tabby's tail. My aunty has her cousin and used to have her brother, as we picked her up for free from a cat breeder she knows.

I have one cat, Cleo, who is living with my aunt right now because I'm living with my grandparents who don't allow pets.

Hopefully I'll be able to find a place soon because my aunt didn't plan on keeping her long and it's already been almost a year. So it's only a matter of time before she gets tired of it... x.x

When I do get my own place though, I'm going to try to get a Hairless Sphynx, because I luffs them!

user posted image

Dawwww! Lookatit! wub.gif

I'd also love to get a Savannah but they are a little too pricey for me...

btw, your cat is gorgeous Cheshire!

It's nice to see someone else with love for hairless cats. xd.png A lot of people are weirded out by her because she's got a bald tummy and forehead, but it's just the way she is. tongue.gif

Edited by Cheshire

Oh yush! I have a slight obsession with hairless animals, especially cats and rats.

I don't know why, I just do. They are just so irresistibly cute. wub.gif

Just like baby birds. Most people think they are the ugliest things ever, but I love them!

*those are baby Sun Conures that I hand raised for a few weeks*

Edited by tikigurl91

Baldness is luff. :3

I guess I'm really used to it by now anyway, I've had Zena since I was really little. I still get confused when people say 'Wow, your cat is weird looking!'

Actually, I've never had the opportunity of meeting a hairless cat in person. I had a hairless rat but I assume they would be a bit different. tongue.gif

I just saw a picture of one one day and said "OHMYGAWD I want that!"

And I've been in love ever since. xd.png

My cat is so squishable, bald things are so much fun to hug. xd.png

I've never had anything that has really long fur, because I'm actually allergic to dustmites, which like to chill in animal fur.

One of my cats wants attention 24/7 and meows really loud. And no he is not a Siamese, he is a mix of who-knows-what kinds of cat breeds. He also has six toes on each front foot.

I like cats and want but can't afford it atm. I would love a siberian tiger or a cougar but my apartment has a 100 lbs weight limit so they're out of the question.

I've also thought of an orange tabby like garfield. ((WOOT! Garfield.)) Maybe if I get more money I'll buy one.

I like cats and want but can't afford it atm. I would love a siberian tiger or a cougar but my apartment has a 100 lbs weight limit so they're out of the question.

I've also thought of an orange tabby like garfield. ((WOOT! Garfield.)) Maybe if I get more money I'll buy one.

you dont want a tabby cat in ur home.

HAS YOU EVEN SEEN GARFIEEELD?

Lol, tabby is just a coat pattern name, not a breed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabby_cat

True dat. You can get tabby varieties of almost every breed of cat out there.

Incidently *all* orange cats show tabby patterning. They may not carry the agouti gene (which is what causes tabby patterning to show normally) but something about the orange gene causes it to show anyway. So-called 'red self' cats have actualy just been selectively bred for minimal patterns.

True dat. You can get tabby varieties of almost every breed of cat out there.

Incidently *all* orange cats show tabby patterning. They may not carry the agouti gene (which is what causes tabby patterning to show normally) but something about the orange gene causes it to show anyway. So-called 'red self' cats have actualy just been selectively bred for minimal patterns.

Also, a high percentage of orange cats are male.

Just like most calicos are female. happy.gif

I have seen a (very small) handful of orange females but never a male calico, yet. sleep.gif

Also, a high percentage of orange cats are male.

Just like most calicos are female. happy.gif

I have seen a (very small) handful of orange females but never a male calico, yet. sleep.gif

That's because the orange gene is X-linked. Unless they've got other genetics issues (like being XXY) a male cat can only ever carry one O gene, which makes him orange.

The calico pattern is caused by having one O and one o gene. Because it's incompletely dominant the O gene gets switched on in some parts of the cat, and not in others, causing the mosaic effect.

oo - no orange

Oo - calico

OO - orange female

To be orange a female basicaly has to get it from *both* parents. A male cat can *only* get orange as a colour form his mother.

Incidently the O gene ovverides whatever other colour is there. Doesn't matter what the rest of the genetics are, if the O gene is present that cat will show orange. The shade does change depending on what the base colours were, though, which is why you get 'red' 'cream' and 'apricot' as recognised colours.

you dont want a tabby cat in ur home.

HAS YOU EVEN SEEN GARFIEEELD?

Yes. I has seen Garfield many many many times. I've seen Garfield and friends, the cartoon movies, the comic strip, and the new cartoon and I have a forum account name with garfieldlover in it.

WOW people. I'm impressed.

WOW people. I'm impressed.

My family are breeders, and I've a sidelines in genetics obsession anyway wink.gif I know rather a lot about feline genetics.

That said, from a genetics point of view, I would advise people again ever getting a Scottish Fold. The gene that causes the ears to fold also causes cartilage problems in the cat. There's a reason the breed isn't recognised and can't be registered in the UK.

I don't like hairless cats cause I like to stroke cats fur, not because of their looks. I think they're rather cute. :3

Edited by skinst

Well, they're her ponytail holders, aren't they? She just lets you borrow them sometimes tongue.gif

My cat used to open the zip in our schoolbags in the morning and drag out our sandwiches and eat them dry.gif all cats have their bad habits tongue.gif

LOL Yep... Luna would agree they are HER ponytail holders. She used to steal my youngest daughter's My Little Pony toys too. She would carry them around by their manes. laugh.gif Oh very true. Cats do have minds of their own. tongue.gif

I just realized I never really answered the questions.

Favorite domestic breed I don't know that I really have one. Love them all. But I do love Russian Blues, Birmans, Rabdolls, Burmese and Tonkinese.

Why I like them I love cats because they are independent and yet needy when they want to be. They are intelligent and have a very regal sense to them.

Favorite big cat I'd have to say my favorite is probably the Siberian Tiger but I am also partial to Cheetahs. But again, I love them all. smile.gif

Feelings on cats in show business Honestly, I am not normally fond of animals in show business in general but I guess it all depends on the situation. What they are used for and how they are being trained. I will say I am 200% against the circus.