Qwackie

Cats

I love cats. I had one when I was younger who passed away from old age and kidney failure. We now have another cat, Luna. She's not the most social cat though. But she's sweet when she wants to be. smile.gif I just wish she would stop stealing my ponytail holders. She likes to steal them, toss them around the kitchen and inevitably, slide them underneath the refrigerator. laugh.gif

user posted image

I love cats. I had one when I was younger who passed away from old age and kidney failure. We now have another cat, Luna. She's not the most social cat though. But she's sweet when she wants to be. smile.gif I just wish she would stop stealing my ponytail holders. She likes to steal them, toss them around the kitchen and inevitably, slide them underneath the refrigerator. laugh.gif

user posted image

Well, they're her ponytail holders, aren't they? She just lets you borrow them sometimes tongue.gif

My cat used to open the zip in our schoolbags in the morning and drag out our sandwiches and eat them dry.gif all cats have their bad habits tongue.gif

I love cats. I had one when I was younger who passed away from old age and kidney failure. We now have another cat, Luna. She's not the most social cat though. But she's sweet when she wants to be. smile.gif I just wish she would stop stealing my ponytail holders. She likes to steal them, toss them around the kitchen and inevitably, slide them underneath the refrigerator.

One of my cats tends to steal elastic bands, chew and tear them.

As for the aging thing, yes, cats age slowly, mine are almost 10 years old and don't seem much different from when they were 2-3 years old.

We have two kittens that do this-

I had to chase one (the orange one in the pic) the whole way downstairs from my bedroom to get a shirt back from him that he stole out of my closet tongue.gif

They're constantly grabbing all sorts of things & running with them, hehe.

user posted image

That's so cute! =3 If you're not thinking the wrong way.

How come most cats hate it when you pet their stomachs? Every cat I've ever known would attack my arm or my hand if I tried to pet their stomachs. But it's so hard not to when they roll on the ground and their stomachs look so fluffy....

How come most cats hate it when you pet their stomachs? Every cat I've ever known would attack my arm or my hand if I tried to pet their stomachs. But it's so hard not to when they roll on the ground and their stomachs look so fluffy....

Depends on the cat. One of our cats, the one who is spayed, gets violent when you try to rub her belly, the other, "intact" Somali breed girl absolutely loves belly rubs.

I'm not sure whether spaying/neutering and hating belly rubs are related.

Edited by lightbird

I could speak cat language, if I knew what I was saying...

I love cats. My parents had one that looked like this:

user posted image

Didn't mean to cut off her ear. And her tail was longer, but you can't get everything into a screenshot.

Her name was Scratch. She ended up getting put to sleep, though, due to some kind of lump that kept growing, think it was a tumor, if cats get cancer. I looove tabbies, but gray cats and black cats are okay, too.

~Cavey

I read somewhere that they're just sensitive there and don't like being touched, like their paws. If they let you, it's because they like/trust you.

I don't think spaying/neutering are related, then, because my cat is fixed but lets me rub his belly for a little while.

I'm a huge fan of cats. I like all breeds, and all hair lengths.

My family has five cats. One tom, Big Daddy Doughboy, who recently survived being shot in the neck, and four females.

Doughboy is a cat that proves chivalry isn't dead. He allows all the girls to eat first, and when he's with them at the door, he lets them go out before him. x3

Then there's my baby, Mercury. She's a polydactyl, with an extra toe on each of her front feet. She's a pretty huge cat. Very stocky, and pretty big in the tummy.

Mercury: user posted image

The other three cats are Oliver, Smokey, and Lucky. Oliver hates every one, and cries when she's petted. Smokey talks a lot, and Lucky is just kind of... There.

She gets a bit shy when you go to pet her. She was abused, I think, considering my grandma found her abandoned in a dumpster, after the poor cat had had a litter of kits.

The one's that tend to 'kill' hands are usualy the ones where they've been taught that's it's a game as kittens. It's often seen as very funny when a small kitten is attacking your hand, but not so funny when it's a full grown cat. Funnily enough the cat can't understand the difference.

Bear in mind that the belly is also a highly vulnerable and sensitive place. The cat has to be relaxed, happy and *extremely* trusting of you to let you give it a belly rub. And some cats are more naturaly trusting than others (bit like some people)

Aha, that's it then. Our Somali girl, which lets her belly being rubbed has very little notion of playing, too, and wouldn't scratch or bite anyone.

I think pretty any vertebrate can get cancer, not sure about intvertebrates~

That reminded me about a GRAPHIC!! tale about the wife of the brother of a friend of mine, who is a vet but didn't have the guts to put her own cat to sleep when it had osteosarcoma of the lower jaw until the jaw literally broke off and she found the cat crawling on the floor in agony. /end of graphic story

Talk about unprofessional decisions.

Edited by lightbird

Poor Scratch D: Yeah I've heard of animals getting tumors.

Our foundation queen, Indy, had a kind of juevenile cancer. The cancer basicaly starts growing when the cat *stops* growing. She survived it, though. Thousands of pounds worth of vets bill, cheamotherapy etc, but she survived it. And went on to have another 6 years of happy life.

Indy is the second picture down on the left on mum's website.

I want a cat someday, and I want to donate to the ASPCA. I've always imagined my dream cat to be a Maine Coon with a long feathery tail. But I would take the least wanted cat in a shelter if I could. My library has a TON of Cat Fancy magazines and I just recently read their article on abused cats.

Poor Phoenix. sad.gif

I have a Lhasa Apso named Emily, two Shih-Tzu's named Poppy and Ashley, and a Dwarf hamster named Cookie. :3 Love them all!!!

Putting my Bichon Frise to sleep in a few hours...

Edited by 7Deadly$ins

Hm... fluffy, but not too fluffy. My dad's allergic to cat hair, though, so it's sort of a moot point.

I have four. Squirt, a DSH grey; Gidgit, a mentally disabled Egyptian Mau; Socks, a Siamese/Heinz 57 mix; Buttercup, our tripod wonder-kitty.

Butter:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Squirt:

(and Paloma, a demon-puppy)

user posted image

I prefer this view better:

user posted image

user posted image

Socks (Yes, in all the places in the house she could have gone to sleep, she chose exactly HERE.):

user posted image

Gidgit:

user posted image