Kinks are actualy considered a fault in siamese these days - but they were once *so* common in the breed that, along with the squint, there were stories made up telling of how they got them!

The puss living at home with me (and currently ensconced purring on my lap) is a black mog called Haplo. We picked him up from the local shelter (CPL) when he was 2, and they told us he'd been a stray. I think he may have been dumped somewhere, though, as he's so clingy I can't see him every getting far from home!

The 'siamese' link in my sig is to the family prefix smile.gif

Kinks are actualy considered a fault in siamese these days - but they were once *so* common in the breed that, along with the squint, there were stories made up telling of how they got them!

The puss living at home with me (and currently ensconced purring on my lap) is a black mog called Haplo. We picked him up from the local shelter (CPL) when he was 2, and they told us he'd been a stray. I think he may have been dumped somewhere, though, as he's so clingy I can't see him every getting far from home!

The 'siamese' link in my sig is to the family prefix smile.gif

Oh my goodnes! The ears on those kittens!

user posted image

That's my cat. He's licking a lizard in that picture. He is absolutely crazy.

I love cats! There one of my favorite animals. :3 I used to have a cat but he died of old age. :[ He was all white and had green eyes.

I like dogs better. -shot-

I love cats so much. <3 Especially hairless cats - they look so fuzzy and cute 8D

Oh my goodnes! The ears on those kittens!

We always say siamese grow into their ears. They're (relatively) a lot bigger on the babies than on the adults. They're also all born totally white, and the the colour grows in smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

His name is Tod happy.gif He's 9 years old this May.

O_O Your cat looks exactly like mine.

huge image lawl

user posted image

user posted image

My Saffron <3 She thinks it's funny to rest on my shoulderblades when I'm at the computer. On one hand it's nice to have face rubs after a long day, on the other it starts to hurt my back after a while! She'll be 2 in April, got her from a shelter this past June. Also the first pic is her just after she woke up one morning... she sleeps with her tongue sticking out! She'll put it back in after she yawns but still, it's cute.

Edited by JaziandCo

cute you guys, I have 2 calicos cat and one older samantha at my parent home and one young daisy at my home as well. I love cat and dog but most are cat then. because easier than dog had for me to. smile.gif

Edited by Soundwave95

I love both cats and dogs, but I don't have an alpha personality so I've never been successful training dogs. Mom used to do so and we had just dogs until I was 10 or 11 when my dad's boss gifted us with 2 cats he had to find homes for when he was transferred to Germany. My dad hates cats. The cat that stayed with us and didn't run off had a lovely time irritating dad.

We've had cats ever since. I love long haired cats and short haired, also. Long Haired Maine Coons are wonderful! They have the biggest feet and delightful personalities. My son's cat likes to sleep on me in bed. Hubby's cat likes to sleep by our heads. Daughter's cat likes to perch on her shoulder or mine. I read her David Weber's Honor Harrington Book Series featuring tree cats. Belle decided shoulders of your humans was the spot to sit and ride around on.

I've loved Ocelots since I was a small girl. They aren't as big as other big cats, but they are fast and beautiful.

Cats, what's not to like?

BTW, in our family you don't have the cat; it has you as its human.

BTW, in our family you don't have the cat; it has you as its human.

Isn't that the case with every domestic cat?

When I'm around other humans i like to pretend I own her, it makes me feel all powerful, but...

*o_O, she's looking at me with those 'hey, didn't you forget my dinner?'-eyes... Must go feed her now*

O_O Your cat looks exactly like mine.

huge image lawl

user posted image

user posted image

My Saffron <3 She thinks it's funny to rest on my shoulderblades when I'm at the computer. On one hand it's nice to have face rubs after a long day, on the other it starts to hurt my back after a while! She'll be 2 in April, got her from a shelter this past June. Also the first pic is her just after she woke up one morning... she sleeps with her tongue sticking out! She'll put it back in after she yawns but still, it's cute.

She's so cute biggrin.gif She must have really good balance to hang out on your shoulder like that.

I just have to say, I like hairless cats. I get upset when people say they're ugly.

I just have to say, I like hairless cats. I get upset when people say they're ugly.

I love hairless cats too, I've always wanted a sphynx. I just think they're adorable, especially the kittens! x3

I love most cats, just not the one I own.

He was a very large, skinny stray (10 1/2 pounds, skin & bones) that I took in 2 1/2 years ago. My intention was to fatten him up, neuter him, get his shots done, and find him a good inside home.

We have a very big coyote problem here, and the woods/swampland starts at the edge of our property. Outdoors is not safe.

The only 2 homes I found were totally outdoors with access to the garage to eat and sleep in or totally outdoors, but they would call him in to sleep in the garage at night.

So, this now 17 pound neutered male cat, up-to-date with his shots again and again still lives with me.

Mittens bites.

He scratches.

He's double pawed with fused nails on both thumbs, and I have to bring him to the groomer to have his nails clipped every couple of weeks.

user posted image

Not a good picture of the nail, but the best that I could get without being bitten.

He bites.

He beat up my 14 year old shep/lab mix twice.

I have to sleep under the covers totally so I don't get bitten or scratched during the night.

Did I mention he bites? He just recently discovered that he can bite me through my new comforter.

He routinely puts my clean socks in his water dish.

This morning, he put 2 sweaters, 1 pair of underwear and the edge of my new comforter into his litter box and peed on them.

Oh, yeah, and he bites too.

user posted image

Edited by PrincessLucy

user posted image

This is a picture of my kitty. She lives outdoors because I'm technically allergic to her. Still, I love her anyway <3

cute I guess give my picture of her and you will like it check out:

user posted image

as well. she always running around house and playing lot then later sleep on couch behind me.. she more active cat.. she was 9 to 10 year old now. smile.gif

I have mixed feelings about cats. They're generally not my favourite animal. They tend to be too indifferent to my liking. That being said, some of them I completely adore, such as one that's owned by one of my neighbours. He's a lovely cat, and loves attention. I don't want to own one myself, though.

As for the big cats, tigers are my favourites. They are so beautiful.

Ohhh, a cats thread! I love cats. Our first one, Tiger, was poisoned last year. he was only one and a half year old, and I still miss him dearly. But we decided to have cats again, and here they are:

user posted image

That's Kater - his name just means tomcat in German. Husband's idea. smile.gif

user posted image

And here we have Moon aka Miss Fluffy. She's half British Shorthair, but she would pass for a pure bred. smile.gif

Edited by Aryana

I have mixed feelings about cats. They're generally not my favourite animal. They tend to be too indifferent to my liking. That being said, some of them I completely adore, such as one that's owned by one of my neighbours. He's a lovely cat, and loves attention. I don't want to own one myself, though.

They're not all like that, especially once they know you well. My cat isn't shy about asking for attention or just following us around to be in the same room with us.

Still, I've noticed that he's been a lot more social ever since we started keeping him inside. I guess he gets bored.

<3 Saffy used to (be well balenced, that is), but she's had some ear problems so now she walks all derpy and has to dig her claws in to stay on my shoulder. The vet thinks that since she was outdoors, intact, and unvaccinated (according to her former owners. UGH why own a cat if you're going to kick it outside and not do anything but feed it), she's probably had earmites since day one. She had a horrible bout of them directly after she came home where she's indoors only... and now I have to take her to the vet regularly because her earwax builds up in her ear canal and covers her eardrum... causing her to be a little derpy when she jumps =B

$70 per vet visit isn't cheap @.@ but now that I have a steady job I'd gladly spend that and more if it meant keeping my baby happy <3

I love cats, and dogs. Which I enjoy the company of more depends on them personally. One of my best friends I ever had was a doberman. She was more like a guardian than anything else. Absolutely wonderful. Smart, loyal. Everything you could ask for. She passed away when I was at school, unfortunately. I think she was just old.

Another one of my very dear friends was my cat named Bid. He was a Burmese / Siamese mix. We got him when he was a wee little kitten from a family who probably didn't handle animals well. The first week he hid from us and was too scared to interact with us. Finally, he got the courage to stop hiding and showed us that he was very smart and very sweet. If you felt bad he would just sense it and would sit with you for however long you needed him to. He learned how to open doors by throwing himself and grabbing the door handle. One time we left for two months and left him at home and he got so depressed he lost hair, wouldn't eat and peed in front of the entrances to our bedrooms to show how upset he was.

He was also tiny, and managed to scare of a huge male cat twice the size of him. He was without a doubt the best cat I ever knew. Hell he was even too dignified to chase mice.

Sadly, he got lost chasing down this censorkip.gif* bag Siamese cat during winter. He probably got eaten by stray dogs, or possibly froze to death. He couldn't have been more than a few hundred meters from our home but I kept looking every day and never found him. I'll never forgive myself for not finding him, I feel like I let him down. I have never had such a strong bond with an animal like that. I don't think I ever will again.

Ah well, best not dwell on the past.

The dog I have now is a black lab mix named Jack. We got him from a shelter. He's got a few problems, sometimes his joints act up and he can't climb up stairs. And he has to eat a special type of dog food that constantly makes him drink water, if he doesn't regularly go to the bathroom he gets stones. His genitalia also had to be removed, poor guy. He was found tied up in a parking lot. His previous owners probably abused him. If you call him a bad dog he will tuck his tail between his legs and go lay down on his bed. Approach him after you've scolded him and he'll quiver with fear. We don't abuse him, never have and never will. Because of what's happened to him he's become very loyal, and a really friendly dog on top of that. Everyone who meets him loves him, and he's always walking around seeing what everyone is up to.

Our (current) cat is a little prick. My mom and sister got him directly from the streets and all he does is eat, steal and sleep. He killed a squirrel once. Ate everything, including the bones. He's killed rabbits too, the ballsy dude that he is. He stole my chicken enchiladas once. They were spicy as hell, so he crapped red for two days. The only thing I've never seen him is chocolate. And carrots. He doesn't like carrots.

We have two cats. One is named Peekaboo, and is a gray tabby. She is strange, and rather mercurial in mood. Granted, she has mellowed a lot over the past year, but you still have to watch her closely if you decide to pet her.

Oliver on the other hand is a complete sweetheart. She's loud and demanding, but loves to be petted.

We had another cat, named Krull, he was incredibly sweet. He loved to be picked up and held, he would often drape himself over my shoulders. Unfortunately he got out and was attacked by something, we don't know what. We found him badly injured, and unfortunately he didn't make it.

user posted image

That's Kater - his name just means tomcat in German. Husband's idea. smile.gif

Awww - he looks just like my male cat. <3

I've got two cats, brother and sister. I rescued them as kittens - as far as I was able to figure out, someone had just dumped them by the side of the road. ;_;

I love cats of all kinds. I've always been rather fascinated by big cats particularly... but the little ones are better for in the house. Most of the time. One of them is clawing my foot as I type this, just because he can. >.<

Personaly I find cleaning out a litter tray a much nicer experience than having to pick up warm dog doo in a plastic bag. But that may just be me...

Incidently that cat pee that smells the worst is the stuff from un-neutered toms. Giving them the snip generaly stops the worst of it, and will also normally stop them sparying as a method of marking terriotory.

I definitely hate the litter box. I dislike animals going to the bathroom in the house. It's smelly, and it's easier for my dog to just go in the backyard and every few days I go out there with a little hand shovel and scoop the poop into a bag.

The male cat I live with is neutered, but very recently he randomly peed on the mat in the bathroom. It stunk up the entire basement, ruined the mat, and the tile in the bathroom will forever smell vaguely like cat urine despite all of that pet urine cleaner I used. The smell was so strong, it took me forever to figure out which room it was coming from, let alone where it was coming from. By the time I found it and cleaned it up, my throat was burned out from inhaling the smell. How horrible.

Ugh Nala did that @.@ Though she had more wrong with her than just her "cattitude"

Saffy is very good about her box; she always goes in the box even when it's not spotless, and she covers it, AND she'll go in a covered box. Nala required us to clean it right away, and she'd poo and just leave it there =_= And would hang her butt out the end of a covered box so it would end up on the floor. So I don't mind the litterbox nearly as much as I once did.

Something I can't stand though, is how bold both cats were/are. Nala would steal food off of counters, and Saffron will go right up to me and start nibbling the other side of the fork!