Qwackie

Cats

I searched and didn't find a general cat topic.

D:

So... discuss.

I like Toygers, Ragdolls, Bengals, and Oriental Shorthairs.

I don't have any purebred kitties, but I have a tuxedo male and a lilac classic tabby 'n white male. I want a new kitten, though.

Best animals ever. 10 cats live on the property and I love them all.

Best animals ever.

This.

I absolutely adore ragdolls. And bengals. And himalayans. And egyptian maus. <3

I have my one cat and even though he's very much "eek" when new people come over, he's very attached to me...at least I think ._.

I am a cat enthusiast. How can anyone not love cats? They are so psychotic and cute at the same time. Their personalities are so much more engaging than most dogs'.

What are your thoughts about people who let their cats get so overweight that they end up weighing 20 pounds? I can understand people who have trouble regulating thier weight, but when it comes to cats, you can just give them smaller portions.

...sorry, it just really bothers me when I go to people's houses and I see thier poor morbidly obease cats waddling around pathetically.

Edited by Enitsnid

I am a cat enthusiast. How can anyone not love cats? They are so psychotic and cute at the same time. Their personalities are so much more engaging than most dogs'.

What are your thoughts about people who let their cats get so overweight that they end up weighing 20 pounds? I can understand people who have trouble regulating thier weight, but when it comes to cats, you can just give them smaller portions.

...sorry, it just really bothers me when I go to people's houses and I see thier poor morbidly obease cats waddling around pathetically.

Just popping in to say that some breeds get twenty pounds naturally.

Anyway, I dislike it. My boyfriend's cat is a little chubby but they're working on it and he's on Diet-plan food.

I like Bengals too. I was going to get one last spring but it didn't work out. In a few years when I have a stable living environment I'm going to get a kitten.

One of my kitties, who I think is some how related to a Ragdoll, is fifteen pounds. He's not that fat, he's actually pretty skinny for a senior citizen, but has big bones and stuff. He eats dog food sometimes, though. o_O

Taco's cat has a terrible metabolism. She gets very little food, and it's diet. And yet she's morbidly obese.

user posted image

I didn't just do that

Anywho, I like cats, though most cats I've met are trained really similarly to dogs...

The one thing they have over dogs is that they're so so very soft~ <3

I could cuddle a cat much longer than a dog, that's for sure.

Edited by Satori

I LOVE MY KEYTAHS.

I noticed you all said you liked bengals...meet Beetle and Gecko, my bengal cats. <3

G e c k o

B e e t l e

o.o..so...much...linkage..

I got them both from a local breeder, Beetle was my first ever cat...and he doesn't disappoint in the entertainment factor. He is HYPER. He likes to run around the house at top speed at random times, and attacks my dad, which is just hilarious. He also plays fetch, and recognises different words and meows differently in response to them. He follows me everywhere, and if i leave the house, he'll cry like a baby. Like, he seriously sounds like a human child crying.

We thought Beetle was lonely, plus his breeder emailed us, telling us about a little kitten she had for sale. She was from a one kitten litter, and needed a new home. We scraped together some money, and 3 weeks later, we brought home Gecko. She was friendly and snuggly, until she met Beetle...

She exploded into a ball of hyperactive ADHD energy, and is a fricken crazy little cat. She is constantly running around the house at top speed, and jumping all over Beetle, who completely pwns her. I always find her in the strangest of places....on top of the fridge, on top of the cabinets, and she locks herself in cupboards, because she is stupid. I found her in the fridge once...

Oh, shes OBSESSED with water. She swims in the bath and sink, runs into the shower...WHEN I'M IN IT, and plays in her water bowl all day.

user posted image

Kisses :3

I have one.... two.... Three kitties! The third's such a spaz, he won't let anyone come near him and screams all the time. :P

We basically take in the stray cats that wander around. My big black cat just wandered in one day and made himself perfectly at home. Such rotten things.

I LOVE MY KEYTAHS.

I noticed you all said you liked bengals...meet Beetle and Gecko, my bengal cats. <3

G e c k o

B e e t l e

o.o..so...much...linkage..

I got them both from a local breeder, Beetle was my first ever cat...and he doesn't disappoint in the entertainment factor. He is HYPER. He likes to run around the house at top speed at random times, and attacks my dad, which is just hilarious. He also plays fetch, and recognises different words and meows differently in response to them. He follows me everywhere, and if i leave the house, he'll cry like a baby. Like, he seriously sounds like a human child crying.

We thought Beetle was lonely, plus his breeder emailed us, telling us about a little kitten she had for sale. She was from a one kitten litter, and needed a new home. We scraped together some money, and 3 weeks later, we brought home Gecko. She was friendly and snuggly, until she met Beetle...

She exploded into a ball of hyperactive ADHD energy, and is a fricken crazy little cat. She is constantly running around the house at top speed, and jumping all over Beetle, who completely pwns her. I always find her in the strangest of places....on top of the fridge, on top of the cabinets, and she locks herself in cupboards, because she is stupid. I found her in the fridge once...

Oh, shes OBSESSED with water. She swims in the bath and sink, runs into the shower...WHEN I'M IN IT, and plays in her water bowl all day.

user posted image

Kisses :3

Oh, Bengals...~ <3 I'm so psyched to own one when I get the chance. Love your Snow too. You have an excellent pair.

I used to have an Egyptian Mau bobcat mix. She was so awesomely cute, but she had a hernia and it popped. D:

I used to be a fan of toygers but I'm not so much anymore... the breed hasn't developed like the breed club was planning, and even though it's TICA registered now, it doesn't seem like many of the breeders are actually working towards the standard. That, and they're more expensive than Bengals with little reason for being so.

I used to be a fan of toygers but I'm not so much anymore... the breed hasn't developed like the breed club was planning, and even though it's TICA registered now, it doesn't seem like many of the breeders are actually working towards the standard. That, and they're more expensive than Bengals with little reason for being so.

Their tiger stripes are interesting, but not as epic win as the fact that bengals SPARKLE.

I have one.... two.... Three kitties! The third's such a spaz, he won't let anyone come near him and screams all the time. tongue.gif

We basically take in the stray cats that wander around. My big black cat just wandered in one day and made himself perfectly at home. Such rotten things.

Wow. That first cat looks exactly like my cat, right down to the positioning of the spots over its eyes. ...you aren't living in my attic are you?

I really want to get a cat once I move. Although I have a feeling it would be a bad idea. How smart are cats about sharp things?

I really want to get a cat once I move. Although I have a feeling it would be a bad idea. How smart are cats about sharp things?

Very.

[/found that out after cat stabbed her]

I like cats, but I dislike claws.

Very.

[/found that out after cat stabbed her]

Hmm.

Reason I ask is once I move, the main thing I have to do is get one of these guys.

user posted image

They get super nice,and do well with other animals, but it would still be bad if the cat tried jumping on it or something.

I had a cat with an out of control thyroid who hit and maintained 20lbs even though she was only getting 1/3 cup of diet food a day total. Sometimes it's really not controllable.

I can't imagine life without a cat [and a dog =P], I've lived my whole life with one. My family is made up of mostly dog people, and I've gone longer without a dog than I have without a cat, so that's saying something.

Currently have a little cutey from the local shelter, she's very attached to me so she's pretty clingy. She's my first non-declawed cat as well, so I'm learning how to deal with little sharp toes. Eventually I want a ragdoll, a japanese bobtail, and/or a turkish van [perhaps not all at once]. They're my favorite breeds.

Allergic but I love em.

There's a cat from down the street who's an outside cat, comes by every day or so to beg for food. Very mellow. The house is full of stoners.