Qwackie

Cats

lol, I used to have a cat to steal my hair-bands too, she was ever so funny^^

now-I have a Rottweiler, a Dogo Argentino and some kind of mix-all 3 of them come from shelters, 2 were declared dangerous that time *yes, the Rottweiler...of cause -__-"* which I can not understand as they are the cutest boys in town <3 one just needs to treat a being with respect, that is aaaall the magic done to have a nice 4-legged family member

once had a squirrel too, lol, her name was whopper xd.png she had fallen out of her nest, was rescued by some kind couple who brought her to the shelter I worked in, so I took her home <3 she was cute, but....strenious oô set her free again after 2 month of training on how to survive :3

I used to have two budgies. They died of some unknown disease ... when my mom came back from Hong Kong. [That's a bad sign.]

I have a dog now. She's ... overweight.

So, I like cats. Any kind of cat, really, big, small, wild, domestic, as long as it's a cat odds are that I'm going to love it on sight.

I searched, but didn't find a cat-dedicated topic. I found a dog-dedicated topic, and a general pets topic, but not a cat-specific topic.

Rather than just go in the pets topic, I thought it would be more fun to have a topic for talking about any and all cats, not just the pet ones. (If there is a cat-dedicated topic, I didn't see it, and would greatly love to be linked to it or something. :3)

Do you have a favorite breed of cat? Or do you just like any kind of cat at all? Do you have a favorite non-domestic cat? Why do you like them? Or do you just like them for some reason you can't quite pin down?

Do you dislike them? Why?

Do you have a cat? Do you wish you had a cat? Would you like to work with cats?

How do you feel about the treatment of cats in show business?

Anything you can think of about any sort of cat, let's talk about it here!

Please, of course, remember to be respectful. If you dislike them, be polite in your explanations of why you don't like them, and if you want to counter that as a person who likes them then please be respectful as well.

As for me, I love cats. They're wonderful, in my opinion. I don't have one because my mother is very allergic to them, but my cousins have cats so I get to play with them when I'm over at their house.

They're either cute or beautiful, and I just love their fur, I love petting them. One of the cats my cousins have loves being showered with attention, so he lets me pet him and hold him and play with him and he doesn't mind if you play with his paws. He's just so cute and adorable and I love getting to see him.

I like the way they behave, too. Some are social and playful, some are distant and dislike interaction, some are playful only when they feel like it and you're on their schedule, because they're in charge. I love that about them. I know some people don't like that, but that's just fun for me to try and figure out what kind of mood they're in at the moment.

I really have to say that tigers are my favorite non-domesticated. They're just so beautiful and amazing. I love leopards, too, especially snow leopards and clouded leopards, their fur is just so pretty! And Jaguars, I prefer them to leopards, but just slightly.

And leopard cats. They're adorable beyond words and I would love to see one in person so much! And fishing cats!

Ahaha, so, anyway, who else loves cats? (Or, like I said above, who hates them and why?)

Like em enough, though I dislike the extreeeeme hype. Not as bad as with wolves, though.

Sadly allergic.

Prefer shorthairs to longhairs or nohairs.

Nondomestics... black jaguars, I suppose.

I LOVE CATS. I love leopards,cheetahs, and jaguars. I plan to have cats when I get older but I'm afraid I'll be a hoarder. *shot* I plan to get a Savannah kitty. <3

user posted image

They're huge, but just plain adorable.

You all had to know this post was coming biggrin.gif My family breed them, and I'm on the comittee of a cat club. How could I *not* adore cats? Siamese in particular <3

I been around cats my whole life. I've worked with them in various capacities since I was 14. I'm at the stage now where a house just isn't a home without a cat in it!

user posted image

I love cats. Here's mine:

user posted image

user posted image

His name is Tod happy.gif He's 9 years old this May.

But yeah, cats? I like them a lot, domesticated or not. Domesticated, I prefer short hair, since that's what I'm used to and I'm allergic in the first place. Sometimes I play with Tod for too long and end up regretting it the rest of the day... Still love him.

He got FIV from a fight with another cat last year, so we were pretty worried about him, but he seems perfectly fine. We even got another test done, and he's positive, so we keep him indoors now so he won't get into other fights and infect anyone else's cats. After looking stuff up, I decided that since I know I want a cat in my house once I move out, I might as well adopt one with FIV since not too many people are willing to deal with them. Future plans~

This is one of my cats.

user posted image

I generally like all felines, my favourite being the tiger. As for keeping one, I'm also on the short-haired over long-haired bandwagon.

I love cats so much. My favorite animal is actually the tiger.

I used to visit my grandparents' house frequently--they had 4 or 5 cats at one point, and it was a real treat to play with them because my mom's allergic and has always been reluctant to adopt one.

Their pee is like the worst thing on the planet. Ugh.

Personaly I find cleaning out a litter tray a much nicer experience than having to pick up warm dog doo in a plastic bag. But that may just be me...

Incidently that cat pee that smells the worst is the stuff from un-neutered toms. Giving them the snip generaly stops the worst of it, and will also normally stop them sparying as a method of marking terriotory.

Personaly I find cleaning out a litter tray a much nicer experience than having to pick up warm dog doo in a plastic bag. But that may just be me...

Incidently that cat pee that smells the worst is the stuff from un-neutered toms. Giving them the snip generaly stops the worst of it, and will also normally stop them sparying as a method of marking terriotory.

Both of which are nicer experiences than walking across your lawn and finding someone else's dog's nice warm droppings... in socks...

Fun morning.

We've had trouble with tom cats in our neighborhood. One lady on the next street over refuses to get her three female cats fixed, and as a result we end up with all kinds of cats roaming the area. And a boat load of kittens looking for homes every year.

It varies. My father is unable to clean out the litter tray because cat urine makes him retch, while I find ammonia just slightly irritating to the eyes, so guess who's got the cat tray duty in the house.

We own two girls, one of them has been neutered.

Edited by lightbird

Cats are lovely creatures, being able to manoeuvre in the ways they do is amazing. Of the wild cats, the Panther and Cheetah are my favourites; I guess they seem elegant in their own way, the Serval is quite an interesting feline as well. smile.gif

My family currently owns two cats, one a domestic short hair named Curiosity and the other a Persian cross breed named Stinky (both for reasons that do not need to be explained). The elder one is de-sexed while the younger one isn't old enough for the operation, though we do plan on getting her de-sexed as well; despite both being indoor cats. They're both female and have somewhat eccentric personalities. Stinky can be quite the grumpy old lady while Curi (as we nicknamed her) can be quite the little clown.

I LOVE ALL CATS!!! BIG CATS, SMALL CATS, COLOURFUL CATS, DON'Y LIKLE HAIRLESS CATS THOUGH, THEY GIVE ME THE CREEPS... ohmy.gif

i have a cat at home, hes all silvery and blue, not to mention extremely obesed.

we bought him off a cat breeder living with his mother for 500 yuan (chinese money),

the cat is going fine, fat, cute, golden eye'd, but he has a weird habit, he sleeps on my stomach,

which is very uncomfortable, having a ten pound + cat on you're stomach the first thing in the morning... ninja.gif

*sniff*...

My cat must have known that I was starting to read this thread because she justed jumped onto my lap and installed herself. A bit like saying: 'So now you get to tell people how absolutely adorable I am!'. Result: I'm typing this with my arm held in an awkward position because she is now where my arm usually is when typing biggrin.gif

I have always loved cats. As a kid I was VERY allergic so I had to content myself with collecting pictures of cats. Then I met my current husband and in his family everyone owns at least one cat so family parties were at the same time torture and extremely joyful smile.gif

Then when I grew older, around my 21st year, the allergy just disappeared. I can now pet cats, play with them, brush them, ... without feeling anything (but joy). 14 years later I'm still over the moon about that.

When we went to live together we immediately adopted an Abyssinian, Penny, who was a breeder's cat who outlived her usefulness because she couldn't have babies anymore, so she came to live her 'retirement' with us. Unfortunately she passed away a few years ago.

She was soon after joined by Pruts, also an Abyssinian, who was born at the same breeder with her tail broken, so she couldn't be sold. As the break didn't set right her tail grew into a little curl at the end, sooooo cute!

We are now building a house and once we live there (and finally have a garden) we are planning on getting two more cats, preferably from the same nest. They will probably not be from a specific breed, just two little kittens who need a good home from a shelter. I wouldn't have had 'purebred' cats if it wasn't for my two dears that needed adopting, because I don't want to pay for a breed cat while there are so many other cats that need a home.

Edit with the promised pics:

Here I'm sleeping on a beanbag in the living room because I'm ill, my two dears keeping me warm. Look at the smile on my face! Bliss!

user posted image

On this one you can see the curl in the tail very well.

user posted image

Edited by Fengari

I LOVE ALL CATS!!! BIG CATS, SMALL CATS, COLOURFUL CATS, DON'Y LIKLE HAIRLESS CATS THOUGH, THEY GIVE ME THE CREEPS... ohmy.gif

I actually think they're rather cute, in their own way. Something about them makes me smile. :3

@Kestra: I think I nearly died from adorable overload!

@Fengari Your cats are so adorable! And that's such cute timing for deciding to pop up onto your lap.

@AAurion Awww, he's adorable! ^.=.^

well i love cats. i have always had a cat as long as i can remember. as of right now i have 3 cats.

a Siamese that has a every hooked talk- his name is Das Hook Schloss. but i didnt mean to name him after the German word for the. Das is the Initial of my dads name.

then i have 2 Hemingway cats. one is orange her name is ginger. and then her brother chewbacca. he is a black and white cat with a load Prr and meow

I LOVE CATS! But Mom unfoutunatley dislikes them so we can't have one. Cats are one of my favorite animals in the world! happy.gif

I love cats. Right now I have three mixed breeds. Two my family found wandering around by our house, and we took them in and the third came from a shelter. Strangely enough, the one we got from a shelter was the only one with parasite issues. The little dear gave both my sister and I ringworm. dry.gif

I love the main coones. They're so fluffy and gorgeous! And I turkish vans are adorable as well. And bengals. *squee* I generally like the long-hair breeds, though I love short-hairs as well. All three of the cats I have now are short-haired.

I love the way that cats can make so many facial expressions and can seem so human at times. Though, I do get a little annoyed when my cat, who was content to entertain himself all day long, decides he really needs a playmate when I'm trying to sleep. And decides pouncing on my feet, hands, and anything else that might be poking out from under the covers to get my attention.

I love cats. Right now I have three mixed breeds. Two my family found wandering around by our house, and we took them in and the third came from a shelter. Strangely enough, the one we got from a shelter was the only one with parasite issues. The little dear gave both my sister and I ringworm. dry.gif

I love the main coones. They're so fluffy and gorgeous! And I turkish vans are adorable as well. And bengals. *squee* I generally like the long-hair breeds, though I love short-hairs as well. All three of the cats I have now are short-haired.

I love the way that cats can make so many facial expressions and can seem so human at times. Though, I do get a little annoyed when my cat, who was content to entertain himself all day long, decides he really needs a playmate when I'm trying to sleep. And decides pouncing on my feet, hands, and anything else that might be poking out from under the covers to get my attention.

Well, with shelters, they usually have so many cats that infection can spread easily.

My cat acts like a dog, and it absolutely loves cat nip. It'll roll around in it and slide in it across the hardwood until he runs into a wall. Thinking about sending it to Planets' Funniest Animals or America's Funniest Videos.