Qwackie

Cats

Nah, he's purebred smile.gif. The blue discolorations on the tongue are fairly common in the breed, even among the show lines. It's more common among german shepherds with stronger pigment, like black ones. As far as I know, I don't even think it's a conformation fault.

It shouldn't be - I've never seen anything in any standard about tongues, and generally the judge won't -open- the dog's mouth, just lift the lips to look at the teeth.

I'm getting a 50 gallon tank some time soon! My 10 gallon will probably devoted to a small female betta sorority or some such.

My 10 gallon will probably devoted to a small female betta sorority or some such.

you should check up on bettas, i know that the males will fight if put together, and i was told that the females will do the same. if you know different let me know i,d like to start breeding them when i'm done school.

He likes to bat them around and pretend he's letting them go, then bop them.

Ah, good kitty. smile.gif

BTW "seal" isn't a breed. It's a color.

I saw the cutest silver ferret when I was buying hay for my guinea pigs in PETCO today.

I've always wanted a ferret, but my mother always outright refused. It reignited my yearning for one. Too bad I can't afford the set-up and two ferrets right now or I totally would buy myself some cute little ferrets.*sigh*

Most determined fish to live, ever. My striped talking catfish Waffle. I had no idea he was still in my 20 gallon tank, I was told all the fish in my tank died while I was at school and that they had been taken care of. My efforts to figure out exactly HOW they all died yielded no clues(I'm blaming younger siblings).

So, I was curious... how long would it take for the tank to empty on its own? Mostly I was lazy and didn't want to waste the hour or so it would take to clean/empty it. At the time I was going to school or working everyday of the week.

Six months later I have a day off, there is about six inches of water left... I start taking decorations out and I scare up Waffle. I was terrified for a second, I had no idea it was him. When it sank in, I was baffled that he had survived for six months in dirty water with no food. I wasn't too confused as to why I hadn't seen him, since he is nocturnal I didn't see him really even when i knew he was alive.

Edited by Draco Knight

So, recently I finally got in the habit of brushing my dog's teeth regularly. He hated it at first - in large part because he learned as a puppy that people's hands in his mouth = Not good! D: (Which is usually great, because no matter how excited he gets in playing, the second he feels someone's hand in his mouth he stops.) But, the vet said that he needed it, so...

Now, however, he absolutely loves getting his teeth brushed. If he thinks it's time, he will sit and stare at me and whine until I get up and do it. When he sees me getting the toothbrush out, he gets so excited he starts "talking," prancing, tail wagging madly, can barely contain his excitement.

Certainly makes things easier, but seriously. I can't believe he gets that worked up over it. XD

Anyone else's dog like getting its teeth brushed? I'm wondering whether it's common for them to get to like it so much, or if my dog's being strange again.

(He does the same thing with his medicine. Never mind forcing him to take it - he gets so excited that if I accidentally drop it before I can put peanut butter on it he'll just grab it off the floor and eat it as-is.)

Edited by Imbecamiel

My dog is half schnauzer and chiuaua(error if so to the word)I want a leopard as a pet but they're wild animals.I want a cat, though....

I'm sending a warning to anybody in central Florida. DO NOT take your cat to Orchid Springs. these people don't know how to handle cats. My cat has been traumatized because of them. she was blocked up and they gave her an enema and they sent her home covered in feces! they didn't make sure to replace the liquids she lost and she wouldn't eat or drink when we brought her home. so she ended up dehydrated and had a fever of 104.5 by the time we got her to an emergency animal hospital! we've had to bring her food and water because she been too scared to come out. it's been nearly a week since then and today was the first day she came out during the day to eat. she's been to scared to do anything a night other than run to use the litter box and she wasn't coming out until everybody was asleep.

I'm sending a warning to anybody in central Florida. DO NOT take your cat to Orchid Springs. these people don't know how to handle cats. My cat has been traumatized because of them. she was blocked up and they gave her an enema and they sent her home covered in feces! they didn't make sure to replace the liquids she lost and she wouldn't eat or drink when we brought her home. so she ended up dehydrated and had a fever of 104.5 by the time we got her to an emergency animal hospital! we've had to bring her food and water because she been too scared to come out. it's been nearly a week since then and today was the first day she came out during the day to eat. she's been to scared to do anything a night other than run to use the litter box and she wasn't coming out until everybody was asleep.

Sue.

i wish.

mom says that unfortunately we have to stay on good terms because they are the only place that takes ferrets. the animal hospital we took my cat to also takes regular vet visits during the day so that's where we're taking our three cats now. if they took ferrets we'd taking them there.

personally i'd like to knock the lights out of the vet at OS. which is why when mom takes the ferrets in for regular check up i'm staying home. if i go i'm going to end up yelling at the vet.

if we could find another place to take ferrets...

I really want to get a cat once I move. Although I have a feeling it would be a bad idea. How smart are cats about sharp things?

Very. I'm renting a small house and there's a low wall with broken glass stuck on the top in the yard. The first time my cat climbed it, she hurt her paw, nothing serious, just a shallow cut. From that day on, she never got hurt again. If that's your doubt, then don't worry, your cat may cut its leg the first time, but it won't happen again.

As for me, I have a fat black cat (I wonder where is she lazing aroung now)

We got all of our cats from either our farm or we just found them in the wild. Zoe is my old grey tabby. And Honey is a Siamese Persian and possible tabby mix. She did come from under our deck, so you can never really tell. If I ever get another cat, I want a calico so I can name it Fenix. Spelling is on purpose!

it just really bothers me when I go to people's houses and I see thier poor morbidly obease cats waddling around pathetically.

Agreed. It saddens me greatly sad.gif

I have one Springer Spaniel pup named Tara. She likes stealing under clothes, clothes and shoes xd.png

I have one Springer Spaniel pup named Tara. She likes stealing under clothes, clothes and shoes xd.png

We have two kittens that do this-

I had to chase one (the orange one in the pic) the whole way downstairs from my bedroom to get a shirt back from him that he stole out of my closet tongue.gif

They're constantly grabbing all sorts of things & running with them, hehe.

user posted image

Edited by khimairaxxx

I have five cute cats, and a crapload of dogs. I don't care too much for the dogs now that my favorite one died. He was a palmeranian named Frankie....best.dog.ever. He knew how to play hide-and-seek and tag. *sigh*

my cats are....Adolf, Mollie, Poopy Pants, Bolonga, and Cootie.

You ever see that movie Oliver and Company? That's why I got Mollie. She was the last one in a box of kittens, and she's ORANGE. Glad I got her, too. smile.gif

I don't see how people couldn't like cats. I like them because they're not aggressive and annoying, or not as annoying anways, as dogs.

who here has a cat that steals their hair ties? Mine does it all the time...

he doesn't like normal cat toys at all, but hair ties make him act like he's on catnip...