Qwackie

Cats

Nnnggghh Aremar, my youngest rat, is having some serious problems breathing. Sounds like a guinea pig. :l Probably myco, and I have no idea when I can get him to a vet, sigh. The idea of holding yet another screaming rat while antibiotics get injected in him doesn't flatter me much either, I think I'm just going to ask for the vet to skip that part and simply do the syringe force-feeding instead at home.

I hate seeing the needle pierce my fuzzies. Especially because it doesn't help at all, since they always manage to jump away adding further to the injury on their own skin AND give a hundred of bleeding wounds on me.

Why is it always the hard pets that have to go to vet for me? My birds, who have a person phobia to the point the vet thought I chased them around for fun grabs all the time although I've never grabbed them and neither has anyone else - excluding the vet.

My cat, who hates people, has a person phobia and a vet phobia and a syringe phobia and a phobia of strange places and is generally messed up in the head, had to go through a surgery, and I was the one who got the scratches. She manage to bend the anesthesia syringe's needle into V shape.

My oldest rat, Beowulf, who bit me through my finger into the bone when the vet injected him with antibiotics when he was infected with mycoplasmosis, and then him again when he had the skin infection, and this time the vet couldn't even get the needle on his skin before he squeeked and tried to commit suicide by jumping off the table.

Now Aremar, my now-hardest to handle-rat.

WHY IS IT NEVER TRISTAN, WHO'D LET ME DROWN HIM WITHOUT COMPLAINING.

I've got a doggie, 2 yr old Bichon Frise named Crookie, his birthday was this August 8th. x3

He is very special to me, 1. i was there when his momma gave birth to him. 2. i helped his momma give birth to his siblings as well. 3. he's the runt of the litter. 4. The tip of his tail is crooked( hence why his name is Crookie). 5. i named him a few minutes after he was born, i was the first one to notice his crooked tail. c:

Here's a few pics of him~

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Click on the images to view full version.

I've had a LOT of pets over the years. I've had two cats, one dog, two turtles, and four Guniea Pigs.

The cats, the dog and one of the turtles are still around though, and reviewing the list, it seems shorter than I thought it was. huh.

I have a dog his name is Brooke and it is just me and him now...

but at one time, I had five dogs, five cats, two rats, two birds, a rabbit,

Three kids and one husband.... laugh.gif

Right now I have a total of 4 pets:

Chloe-Cockapoo

Scooby-Poodle

Shadow-Pit Bull/Shar-pei

Sizzle-Cornsnake

I used to have:

Socks-Tabby Cat

Precious-Tabby Cat

Annie-Tabby Cat

Star-Siamese Cat

Smokey-Pomeranian/unknown

Spunky-Poodle

Lona-Chow/Unknown

Toughy-Rotweiler

Rowdy-Rotweiler

Tierra-Chow/Rotweiler

Sierra-Chow/Rotweiler

Eclipse-Fish

Fancy-Fish

Snoopy-Shetland Pony

Here's my pets:

user posted image

Chrono, solid black german shepherd. He's the one on the left, next to the dog that is the proper size a german shepherd should be lol. Also I painted his nails pink that day.

user posted image

From top to botton: Lewis, Charlotte, and Stuart.

Birds:

user posted image

Bitey, Black Capped Conure

user posted image

Casper: Cinnamon Pearl Cockatiel

user posted image

Woody, pied cockatiel

user posted image

Bork bork(left), Bourke's parakeet, Checkers(right), pied zebra finch.

user posted image

Bathtub(left), Demetri(right), Budgies

I have fish too, but they are difficult to take a picture of:

1 handicapped comet goldfish

2 Bolivian Rams

1 German Blue Ram

1 Betta

I have a brindle boxer named Abby with one blue and one brown eye,a pug named pudgy,a ferret named ferrah,a beta named nick,and another boxer named shooter(he's a brown one though) I used to have a German Shepard mixed with a bull mastiff now she's flying through the clouds chasing all the squirrels who committed suicide by crawling on electrical wires.I also had a fish who ate the others eyes out... blink.gif Sheesh!!!it was weird!!!Apparently it was a beta and it was a copper color...I've never seen one that color before...

Edited by pokemonlover417

*excited squeal* I commissioned a special clay piece from an artist over the internet Creatures from El, I sent her a few pictures of my dog and she worked from those. She's almost done, and will be sending it to my soon! I'm so ecstatic, I can't wait!

I adore my dog, and I thought this would be a fun way to celebrate my love for her now- and be a nice way to remember her when she passes. Not that, that will be soon- she has a good 10 healthy years left. It's not a traditional piece either, it's a rather fantasy-oriented rendering of my dog.

user posted image

You want a lot of pets?

in fifteen years on the farm i've had:

2 dogs, 5 horses, 2 steers, 1 mule, 10 fish, and around 250 cats!!!!! wink.gif

Edited by Nakita_Luna

*excited squeal* I commissioned a special clay piece from an artist over the internet Creatures from El, I sent her a few pictures of my dog and she worked from those. She's almost done, and will be sending it to my soon! I'm so ecstatic, I can't wait!

I adore my dog, and I thought this would be a fun way to celebrate my love for her now- and be a nice way to remember her when she passes. Not that, that will be soon- she has a good 10 healthy years left. It's not a traditional piece either, it's a rather fantasy-oriented rendering of my dog.

I love her work, been watching her for a good time now. I wish I had the money to order a piece from her. They are wonderful.

That is awesome. I definitely want one done of my dog now. Maybe as more of a demon, though! tongue.gif

I've had quite many pets during my life, but some of them isn't around these days since they rest in peace.

Right now I have two lizards (Elin and Tjabo) and almost 30 fishes.

I've had quite many pets during my life, but some of them isn't around these days since they rest in peace.

Right now I have two lizards (Elin and Tjabo) and almost 30 fishes.

thats cool what type of lizards and fish are they?

I've been reading Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul. It's amazing what dogs as pets can do.../dreamy sigh

That's so cute, Latias!!! :D

Yup. I was a total dog-person until I read them. Then I started desperately wanting a cat. Never got one. ;_;

Growing up my family always had dogs, fish, and various rodents (hamsters, ginea pigs, gerbils). My husband and I have a 8 month old puppy named Finn, and a fish we just call Fishy. Finn is a dachshund/lab mix who was rescued from an untimely end in a different state and brought here. My sister fostered him and his brother and we fell in love and ended up adopting Finn and she adopted his brother, Tucker. And Fishy was rescued from the pond in front of our house. We didn't know he was in there, and he survived the frozen winter and us dumping the water out of the pond in the spring.

Right now Finn is in a cute puppy contest at his vet. So if anyone wants to vote for him, this is the link. http://www.brightoneggert.com/site/view/18...OURVOTEHERE.pml He is under the puppy section, his name is Finn Babcock.

Edited by snowprincess7429

I have 6 animals as of right now..

Dogs:

Kara-Great Pyrenees-11yrs

Heidi-Australian Shepherd-9yrs

Jacki-Miniature Schnauzer-3yrs

Maggie-Mix(Yorkshire Terrier & Jack Russel Terrier)-6months

Cats:

Lancelot-Tabby(white w/ large gray spots)-13yrs

London-Tuxedo-1yr

I don't have any pets of my own anymore =/

I have had:

A Schnauzer mix named Lucky

A purebred chocolate Labrador named Tara

A llama named Jake

A tuxedo named Sassy

A calico kitten named Cali

A white shorthaired kitten named Saphira

A Doberman/Rottweiler/Bull Terrier mix named Pepper

A teddybear hamster named Panda

Two rats, one named Buffy, the other Valkyra

Several birds, unnamed.

Dozens of fish, unnamed.

A snake I forgot the name of, but I got it from Harry Potter

My aunt has two dogs currently, a miniature Schnauzer named Tinkerbell and a miniature Pinscher (sp?) named Jedda, the latter being blind, deaf, and diabetic, on top of impossibly ancient. They're also looking into getting a full-sized Doberman in the next year.

At some point (once I'm in my own place with a steady job with enough income to support it) I want to get a cat again. I'll probably just end up getting something random from a shelter, but I really like Cornish Rexes and Havannah Browns. They're preeeeeettttttyyyyyy

no pets atm but have had 10 cats in all (8 of which where here at one time), a dog, and a turtle...the turtle is only one that still alive but no longer have it here...couldn't keep it so gave it to a good home biggrin.gif

I have a chihuahua....well, actually she's a ratonero bodeguero andaluz, but with light brown spots instead of black. Her previous owner spoiled her rotten, so she refuses to eat anything but a specific cat food or freshly cooked meat.

I also have a puppy with puppy mites/puppy mange. She was born with a weak gene that made her susceptible to them. So, she's missing a lot of hair and looks exceptionally ugly, but still manages to be adorable. She has pretty green eyes and weekly vet visits. This is pretty much what she looked like before she started showing symptoms. This is an example of what is happening to her fur.

& 2 parrots; not much to say about them, except they are LOUD when they want fed.

Edited by 13310

I have a chihuahua....well, actually she's a ratonero bodeguero andaluz, but with light brown spots instead of black. Her previous owner spoiled her rotten, so she refuses to eat anything but a specific cat food or freshly cooked meat. She avoids me because I don't spoil her like the rest of my family tends to do.

I also have a puppy with puppy mites/puppy mange. She was born with a weak gene that made her susceptible to them. So, she's missing a lot of hair and looks exceptionally ugly, but still manages to be cute through all of it. She has pretty green eyes and chocolate lab fur (or what's left of it) and has weekly vet visits. This is pretty much what she looked like before she started showing symptoms. This is an example of what is happening to her fur.

& 2 parrots; not much to say about them, except they are LOUD when they want fed.

They look like this. Female on left, male on right.

ahhhhh you have eclectuses! I'm jealous!

We have 7 cats.

Orange and Sonny are orange tabbies. (I think...)

Mister is a tuxedo cat.

Star and Long-Tail are calicoes.

Luna is a gray tabby.

Kono is a "Seal" kitty... I am not sure if that's a real breed or not, but an old roommate, who sounded like she knew what she was talking about, said that he was a seal kitty because his fur looked black in most light, but dark brown in certain shades of the sunlight. So yeah. He's the black cat that I've wanted ever since I had witch stories read to me as a little girl. happy.gif

Star, Luna, and Sonny came around about a month before I moved, and I just came back, so they don't know me yet. (It's been 6 months.) Well, star does, but she's it.

Star is soooooo friendly. She likes to lay on my chest/lap and just sit there and purr. She loves her head scratchies. She is my step-dad's, but I may steal her. (Shhhh.)

Luna is kind of... Well... Skiddish, to say the least. My step-dad had to run after her and pick her up to get her to come inside to eat, because since I came back home, she has been refusing to come inside to eat when I am awake. She is my step-dad's.

Mister is a bed hog... He likes to get in the very center of a bed, and sprawl out. (He's a big kitty.) It's amazing how one cat can find a way to make it to where you can't lay on a bed comfortably. He is my mom's.

Sonny is... Well, sonny is normal actually. There's nothing particularly out of the ordinary that he does. He is my step-dad's.

Orange and Long-Tail weren't ours to begin with, but the people who had them just stopped feeding them and turned them loose on the neighborhood, so we brought them in. My step-dad named them. (He's not that creative.) They like to act wild-ish when they're outside, but inside they're just as lazy and comfortable as the rest of them. They are my step-dad's.

Kono is confusing! He can't seem to stay still for more than 5 minutes, he chases things that aren't there, and he likes to sit there and meow at the door. He is mine.

Edited by Unnai