Qwackie

Cats

Check out these stinkers......

Tuxedo is Killer. He is a cat that looks like a cow, acts like a dog, and squeeks like a guinea pig. He is SO confused.

Siamese is Little Big Mouth. Named so because she was the smallest of her litter but could be heard 2 counties away. Sh is also 18+ years old, blind, and not too happy we (my wife and I) placed a Transfomer on her like he is riding a horse.

Enjoy:

user posted image

user posted image

... Wheely from the movies?

My cats were named Rumble and Frenzy complete with red and blue collars, but then my big manly yeti of a brother re-named them Twinky and Moonpie and my daughter loved those names more.

We currently have 6 cats, all the same breed - rescue. biggrin.gif

My daughter and I both want more, but my husband doesn't. However, if another cat chooses us, I don't think he would say anything about it. As much as he swears that he isn't a cat person, I know that he loves the ones we have. He currently has 2 of them sleeping on him and he's absently petting them both.

Our oldest is 15 and our youngest two are both 6. Their names are Neo, Dewy, Bear, Mel, Gus, and Buddy. All males. And Neo is exactly who he sounds like he is - I dug him out of a dumpster the same night I saw The Matrix with some friends.

They are all my babies. <3

... Wheely from the movies?

My cats were named Rumble and Frenzy complete with red and blue collars, but then my big manly yeti of a brother re-named them Twinky and Moonpie and my daughter loved those names more.

Yep Wheelie from the movies. I just had it handy for the shot.

I would have kept Rumble and Frenzy. Kids can learn.... LOL!!!

At the moment we own four cats all fixed.

A large male approx: 17 years old grey and white cat named Buddy. Buddy was abandoned by his previous owners, left outside to fend for himself. I live in Northern Canada where in winter time which can last 6 months out of the year (Oct - March or April.) and extremley cold temperatures. We'd go over haul Buddy inside to keep him from freezing and soon as he could go outside he would wait for his owners to return. He waited for his old owners for a year and a half before he accepted us.

A female approx:7 years now white cat. She wandered into our house one day during a snowstorm and never left.

A male range and white year old kitten named Spunky. Got after we put our 19 year old cat down and a co-worker's cat had kittens and Spunky was one of them.

A black kitten about 9 months old named Ninja. Bought from a pet store that brings in cats and dogs from animal shelters in the area so can consider him a rescue as well. Ninja was to become Spunky's friend and be my new cat when I regrettably had to put down my - not even 2 year old cat which had been adopted from our shelter - when he became seriously ill and no amount of money I spent seemed to get him better. I hated losing Ringo but knew I wanted to get another kitten soon to help with the transition. Ninja became the new kitty. I won't say replacement for he is not. But he is my new kitty.

Some recent-ish photographs of Bibbles. She's a domestic shorthair who-knows-what moggie, but I love her all the same. She's far more affectionate than any other animal we've had. If she's not sleeping on my lap, on my bed, under the dining room table or on the couch, she's either eating or playing. She's given daily play-times which satisfy her need to hunt. Any outside time is supervised, but she is primarily an indoor animal. If she was permitted outside during the day, she'd very likely injure, maim or kill the local wildlife or get hurt or hit by a car herself and that is not something I'm okay with. Bibbles has been spayed, the first and only time she began calling while in our care was akin to a nightmare.

When we lived up north, she jumped into our yard. Cornered by our cat-hating dog, my sibling had to rescue her. We knew the owners of the cat (by knew, I mean that we knew who they were, not 'on speaking terms with'), we asked them if they wanted her back. They said no, they didn't, so we kept her. She used to get into our bins, but has long since stopped that habit. She's a 'tree-dweller' type that likes to be up above the ground to survey the surroundings. Although she does not enjoy being groomed with a brush, she has come to tolerate nail clippings - something of a relief as I've got heaps of scars from her claws. Nine times out of ten any scratches were my own fault, but on occasion she bites for seemingly no reason at all (she'll sniff my leg and then attack it sometimes). It doesn't really bother me, but I do see it as a sign to initiate play time to release some of that pent up energy. But yeah, she's my best friend. smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

We used to have four cats but we don't have any any more. My mum really wants some but my dad doesn't. He says that they would scare off all the wild birds. I don't see why we can't get one and but a bell on its collar but there's no changing my dads mind.

We have 3 cats. Fuzz, Willy and Wisp. Fuzz, our big, fluffy cat was really sick recently. He was acting weird for a couple of days and I suspected a urinary tract infection. Those can be fatal and I called the vet and made an appointment for the next day, but I hardly slept, sweating bullets all night, worried sick. Sure enough, he had a urinary tract infection with a partial blockage that required surgery. Plus the other two cats got spayed/neutered and declawed on their front feet within the same week. Plus, our dog, who is 17, had to go in...the same damn week...for a checkup. In all, I spent almost $3000 on vet bills and meds.

I'm beginning to seriously think that the only people that can truly afford pets are the rich. And I'm not one. Not by a long shot. :/

Edited by MedievalMystic

My cat will be 12 on the 19th!! I have had her since day 1!! This is Lydia, sitting outside my door!

user posted image

Edited by Rachel72

I have one gray and white creepy stalker drooley rapist kitty (oh course he likes me best blink.gifsad.gif ), one tiny, pitiful black kitty, and one beautiful, amazing gray cay, the daughter of the small black one dry.gif . So, if you haven't already understood it, the creepy one is a guy, and the two others are girls. I think that they might both be preggers, so that'll be interesting cool.gif

I have three cats, technically my sister's but she moved out to a place that did not allow cats...three months after she adopted the boys.

Our oldest and first, Phoebe is three years old and was adopted by my sister to live in her apartment at college.

Our other two, Seamus and Giles are siblings from a feral cat rescue. And they are big...like huge cats. We got them and they were tiny...Giles is a mighty 17 lbs, he is not overweight, just a tall, long cat!

user posted image

Phoebe sitting on the counter where she shouldn't be watching the birds.

user posted image

The boys a few weeks before they came home to us.

user posted image

and the boys now! Giles is the big boy on the right, Seamus is on the left

People need to be spaying their animals.

I totally agree... too many animals roaming the planet...

Don't get me wrong, I love animals, there are just way to many!

Hey, we have this tabby cat, well, we have 4 of them, but one in particular came home with my brother after moving back in after a year of moving in with 'friends' so she's not related to my three cats. But almost ALL the time all she does is meow and beg for food. How do I get her to stop?

Without knowing why she is meowing, any advice will likely only treat the symptoms, not the cause.

Does she get along with the other cats?

Does she have an area that she calls her own?

Does she feel confident around the other cats?

Is she able to eat in peace, without the other cats stealing her food?

Is she wormed?

Is she spayed?

Her meowing is her way of communication, if she's meowing all the time for seemingly no reason at all, something's bothering her and finding out what it is may be difficult. She could want attention, she could want company, or she could just be expressing her dislike (or like for that manner) for a particular situation. As for begging for food, she may have worms, or the other cats may be eating her food - or stopping her from eating food. Perhaps set a routine with feedings so the cat becomes accustomed to being fed at certain times of the day.

Our cat meows for a few reasons, such as greeting us, locating us in the house or gaining our attention. If it's time for food, she'll meow and follow us around too, might even beg if we're preparing dinner at the time.

Without knowing why she is meowing, any advice will likely only treat the symptoms, not the cause.

Does she get along with the other cats?

Does she have an area that she calls her own?

Does she feel confident around the other cats?

Is she able to eat in peace, without the other cats stealing her food?

Is she wormed?

Is she spayed?

Her meowing is her way of communication, if she's meowing all the time for seemingly no reason at all, something's bothering her and finding out what it is may be difficult. She could want attention, she could want company, or she could just be expressing her dislike (or like for that manner) for a particular situation. As for begging for food, she may have worms, or the other cats may be eating her food - or stopping her from eating food. Perhaps set a routine with feedings so the cat becomes accustomed to being fed at certain times of the day.

Our cat meows for a few reasons, such as greeting us, locating us in the house or gaining our attention. If it's time for food, she'll meow and follow us around too, might even beg if we're preparing dinner at the time.

All my cats got along just fine until she came home and now they all his at each other from time to time.

She used to be an indoor cat, now she's all outdoors.

She's eating just fine now. When we first got her, she hardly ate, but now she's eating like a normal cat.

I don't think she has worms and she got spayed a few weeks before coming here.

I know Rue (one of my cats) will meow very loudly when she is picked up. She hates being picked up. I think my brother's cat wants attention, but since the other three have been with us for a whole year before this other cat moved in, I have no attatchment to her.

I love cats! We have 4 of our own and I'm currently cat-sitting for my niece who has 2 - so we have 6 cats right now.

To me, a house just isn't a home until it has a cat.

But almost ALL the time all she does is meow and beg for food. How do I get her to stop?

Some cats are just talkative.

I had a friend who had a cat that drove him nuts because it meowed constantly. He ended up giving the cat away. There wasn't anything wrong with it, it just liked to meow.

I used to have a Siamese that did the same thing. And he would actually have a conversation with you - I think he quite enjoyed that game.

I currently have a torbie that will sit there and beg (meow) when we're preparing, cooking, or eating chicken. And, sometimes she just meows for a few minutes, at random times. We think she's "sounding" - using sonar to look for critters in the walls.

If your brother's cat is just doing a conversational-type meow, then there's probably nothing wrong with her and she just likes hearing herself talk. If it's an urgent, or pained meow, and she isn't begging for food when she does it, then there might be something wrong with her and she might need to see the vet.

Whee! I'm a huge cat lover. I just simply love these bunch of cute and adorable fur balls.

Meow!!!

Edited by fielkun

i have mixed breed cats and ive always have had at least one cat as a pet for essentially the entirety of my life

i adore them

though i do desire to have a canine

My boyfriend and his family have 7 cats, and just recently they took in 5 kittens! They're 4 weeks old and are the smartest little things! Running and climbing everywhere at such a young age, haha! James (or Julie), Jordan, Joey, Jasper, and Jasmine <3

I have a cat...not sure what kind though. He has extra toes on his front paws. He loves to purr. I seem to be his favourite person in the house, because he will usually come and see me. And whenever I'm feeling depressed or something he'll curl up beside me. Or on me, depending on what position I'm in.