Derek

The hatching.club - Formerly The dragondu.mp

I really wish this site did not auto-ER eggs. I added an AP egg hoping to get it some more unique views before adding it to a bunch of ERs, but it was added to the ER and the regular views spiked dramatically within minutes. I have fogged it and hope that gets it removed so I can go back to plan A. I would like the option to ER an egg or not, when I add it. At the very least I would like a warning that eggs will be auto-ERed if they are under a certain amount of time.

Hello, thank you for the comments. Sorry for the inconvenience, I will look into implementing the feature that you suggested. Unfortunately I am really really busy with school right now so I will be unable to implement the feature for a while. I will at least try to implement a signal with time that the dragon will go into the ER if it is under a certain time. Then I will look into the option of ERing or not of a dragon, which will require multiple changes to the code which I do not have time for currently.

Thanks.

Thanks for your attention to my comment. Maybe I am just a control freak, but I like to be able to decide when my eggs will be ERed. Unfortunately yours is not the only site that makes that decision for me.

Thanks again and I understand about being too busy. I will check back.

Thanks for your attention to my comment. Maybe I am just a control freak, but I like to be able to decide when my eggs will be ERed. Unfortunately yours is not the only site that makes that decision for me.

Thanks again and I understand about being too busy. I will check back.

Temporary fix:

user posted image

Thanks for that. smile.gif Although it doesn't fix the larger issue for me, at least I would know before entering an egg.

Edited by purplehaze

Thanks for that. smile.gif Although it doesn't fix the larger issue for me, at least I would know before entering an egg.

I will look into it. I have midterms every single week for the next 4 weeks :l

Or else I could add that single-add option which I had been planning to do which would somewhat solve the problem, but it would be inconvenient having to copy and paste the code instead of just being able to tick it while adding all the rest of your dragons.

-----------

Anyways, possibly planning to release two sites dedicated to ER's only AND a mixture of dragons.

Timeline: Sites will be released either near the end of December/Start of January or July 2014.

Plans:

Dragon Palace:

ER's ONLY.

dragonpala.ce

---------

Dragon Terrace:

Mixture of hatchlings, eggs, & ER. This means all eggs are dumped together in a pile and there is no sorting at all, all eggs have an equal chance of getting views as there will be no scripts that auto ER the eggs.

dragonterra.ce

Not sure about the plans, but we will see.

Changed color themes. Since DC is slow right now, reading scrolls may take a little longer.

Fixed some stuff.

Site works fully on mobile devices.

user posted image

user posted image

Site seems to be running decently right now, using like 800mb ram >.>. Probably will have to distribute the load to my other server. Don't want to have 503 Service Unavailable errors or 502 Bad Gateway errors like i've seen at several places under heavy load.

Edited by Derek

I can't seem to access the site right now. Keep getting this message:

The connection has timed out

The server at dragondu.mp is taking too long to respond.

I can't seem to access the site right now. Keep getting this message:

The server at dragondu.mp is taking too long to respond.

Sorry for the inconvenience. The website is back up right now. It seems my website was target to an attack or something as the load and everything spiked for a while until the site went down for like 5 hours.

I should have checked my email when I woke up 4 hours ago unexpectedly or thus I could have restarted the website earlier but I have an exam today thus I was much up much later!

Thanks for the notification!

What is this wonderful site doing lurking way back here, where anyone not knowing about it can miss it?

Edit: this was working fine just earlier, but now, like EDS, all I get is:

The server at dc.vg is taking too long to respond. ...

Eeeeep!

Edited by Syphoneira

Oh boy. Dragondump has been my trusted favorite fan site for years. But today I am getting error messages when trying to reach the site:

ER

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

Now I'm no internet-wizard and have no idea what this means and what I should or can do about it? Does the "cannot connect" refer to me and my operator, or something else? Other sites work fine.

Hope somebody can help me? thanks, eal

Edited by ealbiest

Just means, try again later - it's nothing you can influence.

Thank you!

Oh boy. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone, apparently my server went down because of some error or something which caused a HARD shutdown so all the stuff required to run the site wasn't properly closed and restarted, which is why the error message was showing.

The server went down last night for about an hour due to that issue, and my technician at the data center got it back up within an hour, but stupid me, didn't look to see if everything was working on the site. After the server went back up, I just went to bed since I only got a few hours of sleep the night before due to finals week.

But the site is back up now. It should be working. I tried to minimize the downtime and it ended up being for a long time >.>.

Thanks.

I like the site's orchid look. And the dividers are Nhiostrife eggs! Very cute.

Due to what I assume is MOAR DC site lag, lol, I'm getting very few dragons actually appearing before the site refreshes.

Are the dragons still (I hope) getting Views when I'm mostly just seeing little beads between visible sprites?

It seems to be remaining at this level of lag - unless this is a computer issue I'm having?

Is anyone else getting this?

Due to what I assume is MOAR DC site lag, lol, I'm getting very few dragons actually appearing before the site refreshes.

Are the dragons still (I hope) getting Views when I'm mostly just seeing little beads between visible sprites?

It seems to be remaining at this level of lag - unless this is a computer issue I'm having?

Is anyone else getting this?

Yes, I have noticed that also, that some of the eggs are not showing up when it has refreshed. This is caused by the laggy DC main website.

I did do some testing with this issue a few days ago when the holiday event was announced with a few ER dragons and indeed even though the image did not show up, the dragons were still getting views. (I had only submitted the dragons to my site)

I believe it varies on who can see the images, the images were not loading properly on my computer but they were loading fine on my phone.

I will look into this tonight possibly tweaking how long it takes before the dragons refresh.

But as long as the dragons are on the site they should be getting the amount of views needed.

The lag basically causes images to not load for some people since it takes too long to respond, if the dc dave is slow images load slowly.

--------

On a side note, unfortunately there will be no theme change for the up coming holiday because I had planned on a theme that was bluegreen and red but after evaluating it, I decided not to change the theme because the colors would be too hard on the eyes and possible make everything hard to read. Thus I did not change the theme like I usually do in accordance to each holiday.

Also I am employing two server load balancing for the holiday, so if one url goes down, use the other one.

Thanks so much for the reassurance - I was worried that the lag might be badly restricting Views and feel much better, as the loading issue continues, albeit somewhat seemingly somewhat less in extent at the moment.

And thank you also for having mercy on our eyeballs - we get enough Christmas far enough in advance for some of us to appreciate a bit of a break, lol.

Edit: while everything's now loading! I thought I'd mention, in case this isn't known, that the ER eggs are refreshing as the same eggs, without the single hatchie I can see (and clicked on) being removed.

(The same with the ER hatchies, as well.)

Not sure if this is tweaking in progress, or some DC thing, or what, but thought perhaps I'd better just mention...

The same also seems to be true of the regular eggs and hatchies, with a hatchie and adult clicked on also remaining with the rest.

Edited by Syphoneira

Thanks so much for the reassurance - I was worried that the lag might be badly restricting Views and feel much better, as the loading issue continues, albeit somewhat seemingly somewhat less in extent at the moment.

And thank you also for having mercy on our eyeballs - we get enough Christmas far enough in advance for some of us to appreciate a bit of a break, lol.

Edit: while everything's now loading! I thought I'd mention, in case this isn't known, that the ER eggs are refreshing as the same eggs, without the single hatchie I can see (and clicked on) being removed.

(The same with the ER hatchies, as well.)

Not sure if this is tweaking in progress, or some DC thing, or what, but thought perhaps I'd better just mention...

The same also seems to be true of the regular eggs and hatchies, with a hatchie and adult clicked on also remaining with the rest.

It is possible that it has been updated on the database but not showing up for you. Sometimes this happens when DC is laggy since it takes a while for the request to be received. As long as it says that it has been moved, it should have been moved, but due to the lag it is not showing up correctly.

On a side note, I am pretty annoyed right now, as it seems that dragondu.mp (the web address) is down. It seems that all domains with the extension .mp are not working..

For now, please use http://dc.vg/dragons as that url is working. I am unable to do anything about dragondu.mp right now since I am unable to manage it. Sucks that I already paid for it and it is down.

Thanks.

It is possible that it has been updated on the database but not showing up for you. Sometimes this happens when DC is laggy since it takes a while for the request to be received. As long as it says that it has been moved, it should have been moved, but due to the lag it is not showing up correctly.

On a side note, I am pretty annoyed right now, as it seems that dragondu.mp (the web address) is down. It seems that all domains with the extension .mp are not working..

For now, please use http://dc.vg/dragons as that url is working. I am unable to do anything about dragondu.mp right now since I am unable to manage it. Sucks that I already paid for it and it is down.

Thanks.

Please have some sympathy and appreciation for these difficulties, your work, time and site.

It probably won't help, but it's there...

And thanks for the link, as well.

Edit: and DC seems to be having a database error...

Edited by Syphoneira

Lol, came back, looked repeatedly up and down the fansite list for Dragon Dump, couldn't find it until I noticed 'Derek' off to one side of 'hatchery.tk' - hope nobody else has that problem.

I have restored the dragondu.mp URL.

Might I add, if the dc.vg/dragons goes down (highly unlikely) dragondu.mp should still be up as it is on an entirely different server.

Happy Holidays!

Well, despite what I hope isn't going to be yet another problem for you, Derek, I'll send belated wishes for a happy new-ish year to you, lol, along with a query about this - does it expect better writing from me in a game site?

(If so, it's out of luck!) laugh.gif

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1