Derek

The hatching.club - Formerly The dragondu.mp

Ready for the influx of new eggs. If troubles arise I will deploy another server.

Giving away extra eggs from these new releases has been a success so far, stay tuned, more extras to be given away on the update section.

On a side note there is about 250 ER dragons on the site right now... ._. soo many new dragons trying to hatch at once.

Sudden jump to 250 of the coast dragons xd.png

Edited by Derek

Derek, please advise when you have fixed the bugs and perhaps I will try your site again. smile.gif

I really do need to see confirmation on what has been added, though, and when I return and reload my scroll, what is already there should pop up. Thanks!

Yes, I will work on that when I get the time, currently no time with finals coming in a few weeks.

I have also figure out a missing feature of my site! Adding dragons by code for those who have hidden scrolls.

I will fix the checkboxes and implement adding dragons by code when I get a chance.

Still giving away dragon eggs.

o_O there are a lot of ER dragons right now.. Seems like a few hundred. Hopefully it will clear out soon.

Very useful, user-friendly, and glitch-free as far as I can tell.

Thank you.

Nice change!

While you're tinkering, providing it's not an intentional decision on your part (in which case, disregard all of what follows), would you consider changing the images that load up when you submit your scroll to their /1.gif equivalents? e.g. .../image/InXcJ/1.gif instead of .../image/InXcJ.gif ? That way, they won't register the view from the submitter.

This has been implemented! I had it before but for some reason didn't have it now.

*Note I have not made changes to the old version of the site yet.

On the other hand, I had the code remembering system working on FIREFOX and it was remembering all the eggs fine and such but for some reason it isn't working in chrome and I'm working on it.

Good progress though, I believe it remembers which eggs you have entered on Firefox, Safari, and Opera.

Does not work in Chrome and IE.

Finals week soon so only going to work on the site tonight. Will add single add code in a few weeks.

EDIT (APPROXIMATELY 2AM PST): I have found out the problem with the new script and how it saves the dragons. I have confirmed that it works in the older script which is no longer in use. Since I found out all these problems I will try to fix it ASAP when I have time so that the dragons that are in the database will show!

Things left to do are to fix the dragons checkboxes and add a single code box.

EDIT: 12PM

Checkboxes appear to work again on all browsers! You have to use the same browser though, if you use a different browser the checkboxes might not appear. I did this so that it would be faster.

Next job: Try to add a single add box.

EDIT: Okay single add box is going to have to wait. I am out of time to work on the site for right now.

Edited by Derek

A theme change! I fixed some bugs and hopefully it works well on a mobile now. Today I was working on incorporating different themes into the site and I had some great progress until my computer crashed losing all my work. I had around 14 different themes which you guys would be able to choose from. There was a theme chooser at the top which saves which theme you choose. That means it will show the theme that you have chosen every time you come back. I plan on attempting to do that sometime soon. Stay tuned. You may notice that this theme is a low more FLAT. Yes, I have gone with the FLAT trend. I am also working on another version of the site which is much more FLAT and responsive and plan on resleasing that to the public soon. Thanks again for using the Dragon Dump!

New easy to remember URL.

DRAGONDU.MP

sad.gif it says it is automated so why don't I get views each time I refresh

Thanks for using the site!

Your dragons will get views. When you refresh, you are giving views to other dragons and when other users refresh the page, your dragons will get views.

Basically the site has many dragons on it and all of them take turns to get views so that is why you aren't getting views when you refresh. Rest assured your dragons will get enough views eventually to grow up, just that other people will give you the views.

Not sure if you've been informed before, but you can add dead eggs to the ER.

Image: user posted image

Yes, I am aware of that, the dead dragons usually get removed within a few minutes by the system.

Many of the dead eggshells etc that are seen on the site are a result of people adding them and the system hasn't removed it yet.

I will work on eliminating the adding of dead eggs so the site looks better.

Yes, I am aware of that, the dead dragons usually get removed within a few minutes by the system.

Many of the dead eggshells etc that are seen on the site are a result of people adding them and the system hasn't removed it yet.

I will work on eliminating the adding of dead eggs so the site looks better.

Yep, working now. Thanks for the click site

Why not, there could be a bit where, you can add the code of an egg and it tells you when it will hatch.

When it come to cleaning the ER it would be a lot easier if it were split into egg and hatchling sections so that low time hatchlings vs eggs that have just grown up can be told apart easier

@AwesoMan30000, I will look into that possibly implementing that in the future. First I would need to collect some statistics on when each dragon hatches and grows up before I can create such a system, but usually it is around 1500 views or something like that.

@LightEyes, Thank you!

@Chaos Rider, that is a great suggestion, I've also noticed the problem with the ER getting too cluttered recently making hatchings hard to distinguish. I will take a look and see what I can do to implement what you have suggested in these next few days.

Thanks!

When it come to cleaning the ER it would be a lot easier if it were split into egg and hatchling sections so that low time hatchlings vs eggs that have just grown up can be told apart easier

This has been done. Will need to update the old site to work with these new functions.

To do tomorrow:

1. Re-adding black theme. ON HOLD!

2. Fixing old theme.

3. Possibly get a new theme, light blue in color OR purple in color. (Highly unlikely. Most likely I will release a new theme after a while, probably during December?)ON HOLD!

Edited by Derek

There seems to have been some 500 errors lately.. I am working on the issue, maybe I have to move the site to a bigger server on my node as someone is currently attacking it...

Well these attackers have successfully slowed down the site for the night. I have a new server pending for deployment tomorrow..

Edited by Derek

Moved site back from the UK to the USA, speeds should be significantly improved. Added 10x the ram to the server too.

I really wish this site did not auto-ER eggs. I added an AP egg hoping to get it some more unique views before adding it to a bunch of ERs, but it was added to the ER and the regular views spiked dramatically within minutes. I have fogged it and hope that gets it removed so I can go back to plan A. I would like the option to ER an egg or not, when I add it. At the very least I would like a warning that eggs will be auto-ERed if they are under a certain amount of time.