Derek

The hatching.club - Formerly The dragondu.mp

Oh, a good alternative is that you need to create an account on dragondump that you link with your DC scroll. That way no one else can add your eggs, and you wouldn't need your DC password.

I dunno, just an idea!

And I love Dragondump. It's one of the links I sent to my friend when she joined.

Oh!

Didn't know that was possible! ohmy.gif

How do I do that?

Oh!

Didn't know that was possible! ohmy.gif

How do I do that?

You can't do it yet, but it's a suggestion for fansites. I think such a thing would pretty much eliminate view bombing!

You can't do it yet, but it's a suggestion for fansites. I think such a thing would pretty much eliminate view bombing!

Yes!

I hope that's implemented! u.u

DragHatch has scroll security and it's pretty amazing! It makes me feel safer about viewbombing!

Yes! Someone really nice showed it to me today!

I took off all my recently caught eggs (added by the hideous person I wish to step on a Lego block every single morning from here to the end of their life) and secured my scroll smile.gif

I'd loved to see their angry face when discovered the impossibility of adding my eggs again!

Hi!

Wondering if would it be possible to add scroll security? So you need to add your Dragcave pass to add your eggs, or be logged in on drag cave for at least one time on that specific computer...

I've been viewbombed greatly recently, and I think that might help a lot u.u

Hello, unfortunately, I don't think I will be implementing this feature any time soon.

I do not see a reason for having that feature right now as my site does not get enough visitors to justify the extra security features.

I can ensure you my site is not the root cause of your view bombing problems as my site is designed to only provide the necessary amount of views to hatch a dragon or make them grow up.

After a dragon has reached the necessary amount of views and is grown up/hatched, it is immediately updated/removed.

If in the near future my site gets more popular, I will take your suggestion in for consideration.

Thanks.

Eggs around the world makes you login through Dragon Cave before posting a trade in the DragonMarket. I think that it would improve dragon dump if we did that too smile.gif

Hello, unfortunately, I don't think I will be implementing this feature any time soon.

I do not see a reason for having that feature right now as my site does not get enough visitors to justify the extra security features.

I can ensure you my site is not the root cause of your view bombing problems as my site is designed to only provide the necessary amount of views to hatch a dragon or make them grow up.

After a dragon has reached the necessary amount of views and is grown up/hatched, it is immediately updated/removed.

If in the near future my site gets more popular, I will take your suggestion in for consideration.

Thanks.

Sadly, hatching can break teleport links with trades hanging on there as well, so I think it would be a nice idea.

As Stella says, login in through DC first to be able to add egds would be an awesome idea!

(I wish EATW did it for adding eggs as well as for Drgaonmarket! u.u)

Actually there's a Suggestion for a type of Teleport Fog which would prevent that, somewhere in Suggestions, so supporting that could solve that issue without affecting anyone or anything else. smile.gif

I personally find Dragon dump to be great as it is, a safe site for younger eggs, and recommend it to newer people needing fansite advice, but would really rather not have to add passwords in order to post my eggs and give Views at every fansite I support, even if I have cut back to 6 at most.

I love this site! Just rediscovered my scroll and have raised 2 full batches of eggs entirely with this site. It sadly appears to be having hiccups atm as it says its down on (downforeveryoneorjustme) but then works for 2 refreshes and then is down again.

My only issue is the little fish beside the eggs/dragons. I like being able to remove/move hatched eggs, dead eggs, adult dragons, etc however the fish icon is too small. I end up accidentally clicking on the item to be re/moved itself or the next item in line instead. If you could perhaps pick an icon that is just a bit bigger or make it so we can zoom in on points that would be a blessing! After all I am playing dragon cave exclusively from my iPhone 3GS.

I love this site! Just rediscovered my scroll and have raised 2 full batches of eggs entirely with this site. It sadly appears to be having hiccups atm as it says its down on (downforeveryoneorjustme) but then works for 2 refreshes and then is down again.

My only issue is the little fish beside the eggs/dragons. I like being able to remove/move hatched eggs, dead eggs, adult dragons, etc however the fish icon is too small. I end up accidentally clicking on the item to be re/moved itself or the next item in line instead. If you could perhaps pick an icon that is just a bit bigger or make it so we can zoom in on points that would be a blessing! After all I am playing dragon cave exclusively from my iPhone 3GS.

1. Yes, the datacenter at where the site is hosted has been having trouble for the last 6 hours, I am working actively to resolve the issue. Not sure why it is going up and down, but I have been working on it for the last few hours.

2. Yes, I will see what I can do to change the mechanism for mobile users so that updating dragons are easier, thanks for bringing that to my attention. I have added it to my list of improvements for the next few months.

Thanks.

Hmm, why would Bitdefender BLOCK your page? I really like using your fansite - nice job!

Hmm, why would Bitdefender BLOCK your page? I really like using your fansite - nice job!

It has happened before, rest assured, there is nothing that should harm your computer.

Likely it is throwing a warning because there may be an abuser on the same IP address range where my server is hosted thus it is marking all websites in that range as problematic, sorry for any inconvenience, I will look into it.

On a side note, hopefully I will be able to work on the site this summer, had some time so far but have been resting, should get in the groove and start again.

As a former user of Dragon Dump who loved it, I am very very happy to find the site is back and just under a different name smile.gif

I'll continue to use this biggrin.gif

Hello, all, sorry I wasn't able to work on the site much, was busy with work, but just wanted to let you all know there may be a slight downtime as I am going to move servers. Thanks

Thanks for the warning - and for your lovely site and all of your dedication and work even though so busy, Derek! smile.gif

There would have been panic and despondency among your regular users had we thought it might be down/gone, especially during a Release, and most especially after the name change scare some of us had, lol.

Hello, all, sorry I wasn't able to work on the site much, was busy with work, but just wanted to let you all know there may be a slight downtime as I am going to move servers. Thanks

And when do you expect the the downtime and for how long?

I only use two hatcheries at the moment and the hatching.club is one of them. I like how simple i can have your hatchery open in a background tab and all the little critters will get their views.

Edited by Tigerkralle

And when do you expect the the downtime and for how long?

I only use two hatcheries at the moment and the hatching.club is one of them. I like how simple i can have your hatchery open in a background tab and all the little critters will get their views.

Thanks, the downtime should be minimal <5 min, it will probably unnoticeable (even if I do the switch during the day) unless my new server decides to misbehave.

We will see I'm still testing the new server and if it works out I'll switch it over, hopefully the switch is smooth, but no worries it won't be down for that long.

Kinda wondering about this one:

We have changed our name from The Dragon Dump (dragondu.mp) into The Hatching Club (hatching.club). Please update your bookmarks.

You haven't updated any dragons so far on this site!

Your dragons have been updated.

Dragons currently on the site:

b has been entered into the Nest.

p has been entered into the Nest.

D has been entered into the Nest.

C has been entered into the Nest.

v has been entered into the Nest.

(Codes reduced to initial digits.)

How do I work out whether they're actually in or not?

Kinda wondering about this one:

We have changed our name from The Dragon Dump (dragondu.mp) into The Hatching Club (hatching.club). Please update your bookmarks.

(Codes reduced to initial digits.)

The site's name has been changed.

This is a counter which shows how many dragons you have "updated" on the site meaning how many fogged, grown, etc that you have updated using the blue fish icon next to each egg/hatchling etc.

You entered your scroll and the database has updated your entries.

These dragons are on the site, meaning that these are the dragons you "checked" during the submission process. Any dragon not on this list is not on the site.

Go back to the home page and re-submit your scroll, the dragons that are on the site should be "checked".

Hope that helps. Thanks.

Thanks, Derek!

I hadn't recalled noticing the site previously telling me that I hadn't updated dragons when I'd just entered some and had been thinking that this referred to my dragons, possibly because even though the site's/users are usually very quick to remove dragons from wherever they shouldn't be, there's often a hatchy or so in with the eggs or one or more adult in with the hatchies which I'd have removed upon coming in, so that it would have shown something and I wouldn't have had my attention caught by this. Sorry about my misunderstanding! smile.gif But on the plus side, the site'll have been bumped up and be more visible to newer people looking for a good fansite, lol.

Edit: Typo Queen always notices something as/just AFTER posting - need I say more?

Re-edit: Don't know how to do screen-shots, but just did a CCleaner and came back to re-enter and run the Viewer. The eggs all went in normally, but I have a Marrow hatchy - now changed to an adult sprite - sitting very comfortably on top of the 'back' button. Must have been growing just then, but my goodness, it looks hilarious!

Edited by Syphoneira

So i checked with this website that tells you if it just you or for everyone and this page tells me:

http://hatching.club/ is down! sad.gif

Thanks, yes I noticed this the problem morning and I checked with my host but they haven't done anything about it. I'll see what I can do after class, this has never happened before, it is so rare. Sorry for any inconvenience.

So i have time again for Dragon Cave and your hatchery is up again. biggrin.gif

Thank you for the website! I have been using it all the time since I started this game and it has been up almost 100% of the time for the last few years except for the slight downtime recently... I love that your website is very reliable as I can put my dragons on your site and not have to worry about them until they grow as I haven't had a dead dragon yet.

Thank you for the reliable website!!!

I will consider donating to you when I get some money as the website is useful and I want to help with the costs, don't get me wrong, I know that you are running this site with your own money and would like to help.