Derek

The hatching.club - Formerly The dragondu.mp

Yes, that has been an known issue, it depends on what browser you are using but usually if you click on the box and drag right and it will move the box over so you can select other dragons..

Is there any way you can make that box bigger? I often have close to my 21 limit and the submit button is rarely visible. I like using your site but it makes it hard when I can't submit dragons.

Is there any way you can make that box bigger? I often have close to my 21 limit and the submit button is rarely visible. I like using your site but it makes it hard when I can't submit dragons.

I've made the box bigger. I hope that helps. Currently I am working on making it automatically expand.

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't realize the dragon limit is so high now.

I've made the box bigger. I hope that helps. Currently I am working on making it automatically expand.

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't realize the dragon limit is so high now.

Thank you! And that would be awesome. It is much better now, at least I can see part of the submit box now. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

And the limit is that high if you have a gold trophy. smile.gif

Why does Bit Defender block this site? It happens every time I try to use it.

Why does Bit Defender block this site? It happens every time I try to use it.

Sometimes websites are blocked randomly. It has happened before to my personal blog for no reason.

I will check into this and request them to re-analyze the website and unblock it.

Can I please get some information on what you are seeing? I no longer use Bitdefender so I am unable to replicate the results.

Are is it being blocked by your web browser when visiting the main page or is it blocked by the program?

Thanks. With the response I can resolve this issue ASAP.

Okay, so I've found out that the scroll adding thing size only isn't working in Chrome. I've had it set so that once you add your dragons, it automatically resizes and the box is supposed to grow, I guess now people are starting to use Chrome more and so that is why the box isn't resizing on that browser. On IE and Firefox, the box expands and gets larger to accommodate all the extra dragons. I guess the resizing thing only isn't working on Chrome. I will look into a fix for that, if not, I will re-code the page so that when entering dragons, it will require a refresh of the page but it will display all the dragons.

I got 21 eggs just to test it out!! Here is what it looks like in Firefox and Internet Explorer. I know that chrome that the box doesn't expand so that some dragons are missing or the submit button is gone.

This is on a 19 inch monitor btw. I know on chrome it doesn't look right since the box doesn't auto resize like it is supposed to in IE and Firefox.

user posted image

I like the new site!

Also multiple colors schemes would be awesome. I personally can't do dark bgs with light text, they give me migraines, so it would be awesome to choose.

LOVE your new look! It not only loads fast, but the submit form is also fast! biggrin.gif

Thanks for the comments! I appreciate them.

@duskspoken I do have color schemes coming out, but it won't be for a while as I have to find out what colors match and then put them into files which actually takes some time.

I'm sorry about the dark color, currently I do not have another color available as the white theme that I have on hand currently has some bugs where it does not display correctly. I've also tried some other solutions for a light colored theme such as a button which you click which instantly inverts the colors so instead of black, the theme is white. Unfortunately there is also a bug which breaks that so I was unable to implement it.

Since I am unable to provide a light theme or different colored themes for a while, my suggestion would be to use the old theme if the darker color is unsuitable for use. The old theme has been updated and has the same features as the new theme. You can find the old blue theme here.

Thanks.

Nice change!

While you're tinkering, providing it's not an intentional decision on your part (in which case, disregard all of what follows), would you consider changing the images that load up when you submit your scroll to their /1.gif equivalents? e.g. .../image/InXcJ/1.gif instead of .../image/InXcJ.gif ? That way, they won't register the view from the submitter.

Edited by pinkgothic

Nice change!

While you're tinkering, providing it's not an intentional decision on your part (in which case, disregard all of what follows), would you consider changing the images that load up when you submit your scroll to their /1.gif equivalents? e.g. .../image/InXcJ/1.gif instead of .../image/InXcJ.gif ? That way, they won't register the view from the submitter.

Hello, yes I am not quite done with the website yet. I still have to fix several things. Another example of things to fix is the checkboxes are not showing which dragons are in the database. I will try to fix them next weekend as I am going to be quite busy the next few weeks. I just pushed out the website without refining it much unfortunately.

Hello, yes I am not quite done with the website yet. I still have to fix several things. Another example of things to fix is the checkboxes are not showing which dragons are in the database. I will try to fix them next weekend as I am going to be quite busy the next few weeks. I just pushed out the website without refining it much unfortunately.

It's great to see the progress, though. happy.gif I just wanted to let you know about the images since that's always been something that "bothered" me about Dragon Dump (I still regularly use it, though, so there's that xd.png) and I figured while you're doing stuff, maybe you can do that, too... only if you agree it's a good idea, though, obviously!

Seriously, though, thanks for all your work! It's appreciated.

I will try to "look" at the site tonight, probably won't get anything done, but I will see if I can find out what is wrong with the checkboxes.

On a side note, I forgot that I owned hatchery.tk pretty easy to remember domain. I'm not sure if I want to use it right now as if I want to buy it, it will cost $25 for 5 years or $50 for 10 years.

On a side note, I forgot that I owned hatchery.tk pretty easy to remember domain. I'm not sure if I want to use it right now as if I want to buy it, it will cost $25 for 5 years or $50 for 10 years.

This site is easier to look at my eggies and hatchies. The loadup is faster on my computer too.

JMO

Thanks for the comments! I appreciate them.

@duskspoken I do have color schemes coming out, but it won't be for a while as I have to find out what colors match and then put them into files which actually takes some time.

I'm sorry about the dark color, currently I do not have another color available as the white theme that I have on hand currently has some bugs where it does not display correctly. I've also tried some other solutions for a light colored theme such as a button which you click which instantly inverts the colors so instead of black, the theme is white. Unfortunately there is also a bug which breaks that so I was unable to implement it.

Since I am unable to provide a light theme or different colored themes for a while, my suggestion would be to use the old theme if the darker color is unsuitable for use. The old theme has been updated and has the same features as the new theme. You can find the old blue theme here.

Thanks.

No rush, I was just saying that sometime in the future it would be awesome to see more colors! smile.gif

And thanks for the link to the old color, the blue is definitely less harsh than black. smile.gif

I just wanted to say i love the new look and thanks, it's a great site.

An odd thing has been happening. Eggs I put in this site are suddenly not in the site when I go back to check on them.

This happens to me too. sad.gif

I've noticed this happening to me for the past few days sad.gif

Just added all my eggs/hatchies, went back to check them & none of them were in the hatchery. blink.gif

Guess i know what happened...

The API has a "bug" which will cause eggs which are in the AP (or the AP backlog) not to be included in mass requests. The hatchery however depends on mass requests to determin whether eggs have hatched or if they became ER.

To avoid the bug, Derek decided to remove all dragons from the hatchery which had not been in the list returned by the API. So far so good, thats the same what I have done on EATW and it's the only way to deal with the bug. But Derek forgot about another bug, the infamous lagmonster (It's not dead!). Sometimes the API will return only fragments or nothing at all which can easily be misinterpreted as the API returning an empty list of dragons, which would mean that all dragons were in the AP.

Or in short: Derek, you forgot to add proper error handling for the case that the API returns invalid results.

Thanks for pointing that out. Hadn't realized it.

ETA for next update for the site, in about 10 weeks. Super busy until then.

Edited by Derek

An odd thing has been happening. Eggs I put in this site are suddenly not in the site when I go back to check on them.

This is happening to me, too.

It looks like this issue has not been fixed.

Until it is, I cannot use this site, as I do not mass add all of my dragons. I only add select dragons, depending on how many views they need, and there is no way of knowing whether they have been added.

I am using Safari for iPad (iOS). Sometimes other browsers/iOS devices or desktop.

Edited by missy_

Thank you for the comments. Yes, this is a occurring issue, unfortunately it seems to work for some and not work for some. I have gotten many emails about it already. I understand that the website has several bugs which I need to fix.

I will inform you when this issue has been fixed as I am under a heavy workload for the next 10 weeks due to finals and other school work and will be unable to work on the website until then. I appreciate your patience.

Hello, thanks for the message. I'm guessing that the checkboxes which show which dragons are in the database aren't checked right? I am getting lots of emails about that currently. Don't worry your dragons should be in the database once you entered them and get the "Dragon has been entered" message. I'm not sure if it was working before, but it seems that I messed something up with the script so that it doesn't check which dragons are in the database, but rest assured that your dragons are in the database, just that the ticks are not showing.

On a side note, after some tests with my own scroll, it seems that my dragon grow up rate on my scroll with 7-21 dragons is 100% with 0 deaths while using only my site. I think the key is that the site is cleaned out pretty good and there are less grown dragons taking up space.

Will do more experiments.