Derek

The hatching.club - Formerly The dragondu.mp

Well, despite what I hope isn't going to be yet another problem for you, Derek, I'll send belated wishes for a happy new-ish year to you, lol, along with a query about this - does it expect better writing from me in a game site?

(If so, it's out of luck!)  laugh.gif

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1

Happy new year!

Looking into this right now.

it seems dragondu.mp still works,

looking into the main url.

edit:

everything seems to be working fine. i am guessing something went wrong and fixed itself, maybe something went out of sync.

thanks.

edit::::

i am guessing around 12am (pst) dragcave goes down for its daily maintenance thus possible errors during that time?

edit3:

Okay, well I actually sat down and read your post and now it makes sense to me. Guess I am not the sharpest right before I am about to go to sleep lol. laugh.gif

Edited by Derek

Happy new year!

Looking into this right now.

it seems dragondu.mp still works,

looking into the main url.

edit:

everything seems to be working fine. i am guessing something went wrong and fixed itself, maybe something went out of sync.

thanks.

edit::::

i am guessing around 12am (pst) dragcave goes down for its daily maintenance thus possible errors during that time?

Thanks, Derek, it may very well have been something like that, unless it really was referring to some of my more...interesting...sentence construction in posts, lol.

As long as the site's working, we're all happy!

Tried re-entering dragons today and rather than showing that they've been entered, it immediately shows both a blank entry box and beneath it, 'The submit form is slow, please give it a minute to load your dragons. (10-30 seconds)', but with no acknowledgement of dragons being entered... and I've tried several times, giving longer than the usual time for the entry to register.

Is this just me on another night of short sleep?

I have been a lot more fuzzy-headed of late...

It does show the part where dragons are to be entered, although I don't recall that being blank on all dragons every time - I use a bunch of sites so might well have things confused as I'm usually half-asleep, lol, but could have sworn that yesterday, the ones already entered showed as being checked, and I just had to click the ones old enough to enter here.

The ERs are flashing as usual, and so are the normal hatchery eggs - is this just me?

Site still showing:

Scroll:

The submit form is slow, please give it a minute to load your dragons. (10-30 seconds)

?????

Tried re-entering dragons today and rather than showing that they've been entered, it immediately shows both a blank entry box and beneath it, 'The submit form is slow, please give it a minute to load your dragons. (10-30 seconds)', but with no acknowledgement of dragons being entered... and I've tried several times, giving longer than the usual time for the entry to register.

Is this just me on another night of short sleep?

I have been a lot more fuzzy-headed of late...

It does show the part where dragons are to be entered, although I don't recall that being blank on all dragons every time - I use a bunch of sites so might well have things confused as I'm usually half-asleep, lol, but could have sworn that yesterday, the ones already entered showed as being checked, and I just had to click the ones old enough to enter here.

The ERs are flashing as usual, and so are the normal hatchery eggs - is this just me?

Site still showing:

Scroll:

The submit form is slow, please give it a minute to load your dragons. (10-30 seconds)

?????

Yeah I think I broke the site, must have accidentally screwed up the database or replace the wrong file yesterday while I was testing a newer script. Ill check it out when i get back, for now use dragondu.mp, I made no changes there.

My newer script was working fine then at 4am it broke somehow and i went to sleep lol.

Draghatch had a problem yesterday as well - could this be related?

Perhaps a bug/attack?

evina

Posted: Feb 14 2014, 06:59 PM

Report PostQuote Post

Level 4

censorkip.gif

Group: Members

Member No.: 47,281

[male]

I just barely got the chance to come online and... I have no idea what's happening? Some are doing fine while other's are blink.gif

EDIT:

The uh... memory ran out. And not only once but like 10 times. Scripts were prevented from running. I admit, I got the cheapest host I could find but I didn't know this would happen. I'll see what I can do. dry.gif

Until then, please monitor your dragons here as you may have to remove them through your scroll manually.

This post has been edited by evina on Feb 14 2014, 07:06 PM

Edit: bet I used the first URL to go in by, and then just left that running all this time - went back in by the new one, which worked, so sorry! think that was just me with my brain not on coffee...

Edited by Syphoneira

Draghatch had a problem yesterday as well - could this be related?

Perhaps a bug/attack?

evina

Posted: Feb 14 2014, 06:59 PM

Report PostQuote Post

Level 4

censorkip.gif

Group: Members

Member No.: 47,281

[male]

I just barely got the chance to come online and... I have no idea what's happening? Some are doing fine while other's are blink.gif

EDIT:

The uh... memory ran out. And not only once but like 10 times. Scripts were prevented from running. I admit, I got the cheapest host I could find but I didn't know this would happen. I'll see what I can do. dry.gif

Until then, please monitor your dragons here as you may have to remove them through your scroll manually.

This post has been edited by evina on Feb 14 2014, 07:06 PM

Edit: bet I used the first URL to go in by, and then just left that running all this time - went back in by the new one, which worked, so sorry! think that was just me with my brain not on coffee...

Wasn't an attack, I checked it over, it seems it might have just been a bug with the server temporally as it probably wasn't loading because my server went down for a brief moment for whatever reason. I guess the server closed the process of you fetching for the scrolls because it went down and that is why it never came up.

Hopefully it works fine for you now, I have included some new features.

I really wish this site did not auto-ER eggs. I added an AP egg hoping to get it some more unique views before adding it to a bunch of ERs, but it was added to the ER and the regular views spiked dramatically within minutes. I have fogged it and hope that gets it removed so I can go back to plan A. I would like the option to ER an egg or not, when I add it. At the very least I would like a warning that eggs will be auto-ERed if they are under a certain amount of time.

I have fixed the checkboxes so that you are able to see which dragons are in the system on any browser including mobile browsers. You are now able to add and remove your dragons from the scroll management system. Just uncheck the dragon and it will be removed from the system. I have also implemented the feature which you can select which dragons to ER. If you do not check “ER” the dragon will not be placed in the ER, if “ER” is checked, then it will be added in the ER. Please note even if you do not ER the dragon upon submitting your scroll, the dragon may be ERed by the script eventually in a few hours after submission and unfortunately I have no way to control that, so if you do not want your dragon ERed, please monitor your scroll.

Edited by Derek

I LOVE your new look!! The pink for Valentine's Day was pretty, but the blue with the lil fishies... *dies*

Dragon Dump is always my go-to place for my little dragons. It has never failed me! But today, it says my scroll name doesn't exist! I'm not sure if this is a DC glitch or a Dragon Dump glitch, but I thought I should appraise folks of it anyway.

This happen to anyone else?

I LOVE your new look!! The pink for Valentine's Day was pretty, but the blue with the lil fishies... *dies*

Thanks! I really appreciate the comments.

Dragon Dump is always my go-to place for my little dragons. It has never failed me! But today, it says my scroll name doesn't exist! I'm not sure if this is a DC glitch or a Dragon Dump glitch, but I thought I should appraise folks of it anyway.

This happen to anyone else?

will look into it.

EDIT: I think I have fixed it, had a spelling mistake on my part in the code.

If you have any troubles, please let me know.

Edited by Derek

I have fixed the checkboxes so that you are able to see which dragons are in the system on any browser including mobile browsers. You are now able to add and remove your dragons from the scroll management system. Just uncheck the dragon and it will be removed from the system. I have also implemented the feature which you can select which dragons to ER. If you do not check “ER” the dragon will not be placed in the ER, if “ER” is checked, then it will be added in the ER. Please note even if you do not ER the dragon upon submitting your scroll, the dragon may be ERed by the script eventually in a few hours after submission and unfortunately I have no way to control that, so if you do not want your dragon ERed, please monitor your scroll.

Thank you so much for that! smile.gif I have just added one of my ER eggs without checking the box. I will monitor it.

If I click check all the boxes that aren't already check remain unchecked.

Hi, which web browser are you using?

Please make sure you have javascript enabled on your browser as that is what facilitates the check all feature.

I'm using chrome and yes javascript is enabled

That is odd, I will check it out in a few days, I have 4 midterms (exams) this week so I won't have much time.

That is odd, I will check it out in a few days, I have 4 midterms (exams) this week so I won't have much time.

Doesn't matter. It's working again now

Doesn't matter. It's working again now

Glad the problem is resolved.

Hopefully nothing like that happens again as I will need to take a break from monitoring the site as I do not have time for it for the next few weeks.

Thanks for using the dragon dump.

Heads up. It seems that the maintenance downtime by TJ caused an error on my site which may have caused some hatchlings to be removed, (or someone is removing my own dragons from my site) please do a check to make sure your hatchlings are in the site as they may have been removed due to the error.

My google chrome crashed when I went on the view all dragons page.

Yeah, that can happen when you load thousands of dragons on a page and you have lots of other things running on your computer.

I suggest probably either not using that page and use the main page to give views, or open that page with nothing else open.

I am working on a solution to the view all option, probably a viewer which lets you select how many dragons to view at what time interval. As of right now, a viewer is going to have to be a summer project for me in a few months as I do not have the time to create one as much as I would like to.

I did have a viewer on my older site, except I eliminated that and decided to code a new one, but I do not have the mindset to code the viewer right now, as I feel even if I code it, it might not be as good as I want it to be, and there may be bugs which I may not be able to fix.

ER checkboxes have been fixed. Working on a viewer soon.

Currently fixing the URL dragondu.mp, something went wrong with the database so I have to reinstall the whole site which will cause about an hour downtime, sorry for the inconvenience, you may use the other url in the meantime.

New feature, a tooltip that shows valuable information:

user posted image

Viewer coming soon, I hope.

Edited by Derek

Thank you for all your hard work on the site. I really like the ER checkboxes and the tooltip.

I have a small complaint. After entering my dragons, later if I uncheck all the boxes and click Update Dragons to remove them all, it says "You did not select any dragons! Please go back check the desired dragons you want to input." If I go back and enter my scroll name again, the dragons are still in. The only way I have found to remove my dragons is to leave one in, and uncheck all the rest. Is there any way to remove all dragons without leaving one in? Thanks.

Thank you for all your hard work on the site. I really like the ER checkboxes and the tooltip.

I have a small complaint. After entering my dragons, later if I uncheck all the boxes and click Update Dragons to remove them all, it says "You did not select any dragons! Please go back check the desired dragons you want to input." If I go back and enter my scroll name again, the dragons are still in. The only way I have found to remove my dragons is to leave one in, and uncheck all the rest. Is there any way to remove all dragons without leaving one in? Thanks.

Thanks for your comments. I will add a remove dragons button in a few days, didn't realize the changes I did removed the ability to remove dragons from the site. I have exams coming up hopefully I can fix this minor bug which I have created.

EDIT: 3ish am?

I have fixed the bug, I will look for a better way to show added and removed dragons after my exams.

Now it says:

Since nothing was selected, all dragons on the scroll named [derek] have been removed from the site! *cries*

If you would like your dragons to be on the site, please go back and select some dragons and resubmit your scroll.

Thanks for using the dragon dump!

Edited by Derek