Qwackie

Classical Sophisticated Moosik

Hurr...

I play the cello, and love classical music in general.

I'm about 1/3rd through 'learning' Cello suite No.1 - prelude.

Our orchestra was gonna play Carol of the Bells, but the first few notes (you know, the repeated ones) got REALLY annoying so we didn't. Instead we're doing this.

Mrrrr... I'm a fan of Baroque and Impressionist music... mainly 'cause that's all I end up playing... As a bass player, if I want to play real music, I have to either play a violin/ cello part, or just play solos... Bach, Dragonetti, and Bottesini are my favourites, probably because their pieces are just awesome for bass... I mean... look at the latter two! They knew exactly how to take advantage of a bass' range. ^.^ Working on

right now.

I play the cello, and love classical music in general.

I'm about 1/3rd through 'learning' Cello suite No.1 - prelude.

After I get done with my silly college audition pieces, I'm going to learn to play that... on the bass, of course, since why should cellists get all the fun? =3

Edited by Devious_Bookworm

*Accepts the fact that they are the only person in the world who is a fan of Modern classical music*

I rather like John Williams if that's any consolation.

I like classic piano. There's some really beautiful stuff in that genre. But other classical stuff... eh, I don't really care for it.

I love classic music, but I like even more with synthesizers and technology, 21 century classic music and the epic music type like Two steps from hell, I like symphonic metal and Gothic bands with symphonic and orchestral elements as well, about composers I like much of Haydn, Boccherini and Bach's stuff, also Beethoven, Wagner, Vivaldi, Lizst, Mozart of course, and Cammile Saëns, but other than classic music from the classic era I like the more older and simple Medieval folk music, I love medieval folk themes a mix of christianism with paganism, witchcraft, fairy tales... this sort of themes, i have a band and we play country, folk and christian music but sometimes we play english folk songs, like the Witches of elswick

Classical has grown on me recently. We're currently learning about composers from my country in Music at school. Someone must know a Czech composer on here: just to name the most famous, Bedřich Smetana, Leoš Janáček, Antonín Dvořák... Here's my personal favourite from Janáček:

- The barn owl has not flown away. (I have no idea what that picture is, but it's the only video I could find.) He composed this after his daughter died and it reflects the emotion amazingly.

I tend to only like very particular pieces, though. Not just anything. I'm generally a metal person unsure.gif