Qwackie

Classical Sophisticated Moosik

Yes, to a degree. It's not my favorite, but it makes for good reading music.

Sometimes I miss playing the piano...

I am pretty sure I live for Adagios. Leonard Bernstein's Adagio for Strings (New York Philharmonic) pretty much fills me with deep and unending joy (and sorrow, it's a very... sad sounding song)

I am also addicted to musical scores for Movies. John Murphy is pretty cool.

I looooooooooove classical music, along with rock and electronic, but they're not in this thread. Philip Glass is my favorite composer. I don't see why we call it classical music considering the Classical period was the worst (unless you count stuff before Baroque). We're also not really in the Modern period anymore, which drives me crazy because I want to hear more awesome music, not just "let's just do Romantic all over again except with more pop muziks inflooence and less origenality!"

Edited by AyumuVanguard

Okay not entirely sure what's with the appalling spelling going on in this thread... I though people into classical music had, on average, a *higher* level of intelligence. Not ill-educated oiks dry.gif

Personaly I like classical. Especially Strauss, Stravinsky and Beethoven.

I like some Classical, especially if it's just a piano. Mozart and Beethoven are my favorites. smile.gif

I like classical, but actually most is not from the 'classical' period. Bach, Mozart , the like. My favorite happens to be Koji Kondo. Even though he's not from the classical period. You should look him up he has great variety in music.

I like Night on Bald Mountain and a few other songs from Fantasia |D /derp

I dunno if it counts as 'classical', but I like Habanera and the Toraedor Song from Carmen along with Figaro... Classical opera, maybe?

Can't actually say I am a fan of classical music, but I enjoyed the operas of Wagner and Edward Grieg.

I'm pretty sure all operas that aren't rock operas or anything count as classical music. I used to like George Bizet back when I didn't know much about classical music or care much. Now I can't say that I like him much, but I don't absolutely hate him, I just dislike him a little for taking away the attention from composers that I actually like. I also used to dislike David Bowie's "Let's Dance" and for a while the awesome "Fame" just because that's all that was ever played on the radio by him when he had much, much better songs.

Wow ummm tough discision beetween Ludvic Von Beetoven and J.S. Bach. my fav classical song is Toccata and fugue in d minor.

Okay not entirely sure what's with the appalling spelling going on in this thread... I though people into classical music had, on average, a *higher* level of intelligence. Not ill-educated oiks dry.gif

It's for the effect, on purpose, not accidental or stupid mistakes. wink.gif You have an accidental mistake in your post though. tongue.gif

Honestly I can't stand classical.

It's certainly a stereotype that smarter people like classical, but it is simply a generalized stereotype. Without any effort in school I am ranked #2 in my grade for GPA. I like my hard rock.

Besides the music and band teachers I actually don't know anyone who has classical music as their favorite. I know a few who like it, but not many.

I never understood the stereotype of classical-loving = smart.

I enjoy the thought of classical music as a teen-deterrent.

Mozart is my all-time favorite composer. We have similar tastes. =3 I'm playing his Concerto in A Major K. 414 right now.

I like it.

Beethoven especially, some Bach amd Debussy (though I'm sure some of that isnt really "Classical")

Faves would be:

Moonlight Sonata

Claire de Lune

and

The girl with the flaxen hair

There are more I just don't remember the names since half are in some other language O.o

Oh, I love Moonlight Sonata. It's really pretty. I heard it was written for a blind person who asked what the moonlight looked like? =3

It turns out more people like classical music than people think. This one guy was playing a classical song on guitar today randomly and everyone mentioned that they liked it. After that we all talked about playing "Carol of the Bells" (also classical) after they mentioned getting together and playing stuff that had to be Christmas stuff.

Troika from Lieutenant Kije by Prokofiev if you're talking Christmas music.

. It's not a 'real' Christmas song, but it has always meant Christmas for me.

Edit: name of piece.

Edited by TikindiDragon

Oh and Fur Elise smile.gif And Ode to Joy, my Band teacher played it for us one time and it sounded beautiful! biggrin.gif

*Accepts the fact that they are the only person in the world who is a fan of Modern classical music*

Modern classical music from which composers? /genuinely curious

Anyway, I like music by Beethoven, Rachmaninoff, Schubert, Mozart, Ravel, some of Bach's works, and I mostly prefer either orchestral or piano pieces.

I also played quite much Vivaldi while learning in music school, but I always thought his pieces were too sugary for my taste.

Edited by lightbird

I like Mozart, Bach and Vivaldi. I enjoyed playing Bach or Vivaldi on the violin. I hated most of the pieces my teacher gave me though. She tended to give me pieces like Bruch's Concerto. Ech. Not my favorite style.

I listen more to music scores from films these days though.

If anyone likes classical music and is partial to anime/manga, try watching Nodame Cantabile.

Bruch's Concerto, 1st Movement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXIamNhRXU0

Edited by Maladroit