chickenhound

Minecraft!

I've never played on multiplayer, but I bet I could make floating islands. What kind of stuff would you want on them, how many do you want, and how big are they to be? I am fairly artistic in the sense of bulding and I can use basic redstone stuff.

I'd love to help, but I just don't have time. D:

I don't even have time to even start my own map I've been planning on building for MONTHS, but HOMEWORK won't let me. Q~Q

I've never played on multiplayer, but I bet I could make floating islands. What kind of stuff would you want on them, how many do you want, and how big are they to be? I am fairly artistic in the sense of bulding and I can use basic redstone stuff.

The first islands would be small chunks linked by waterfalls above a mountian. eventuallythey would be just above the clouds. Then you would come to the larger islands, which would be small floating communities linked by wooden and stone bridges.

The Dungeon section, Or Air temple as it will be called, will be on a chain of islands floating above and out from the main town area. As one progresses through, they become steadly more barren and dead looking (some will have gravel and sand pitfalls), eventually leading to a dead man's parkour challange to reach the final island. I'll figure out how to rig the final island to fall, and it will land the player in the ocean above the city of water. (trapped chest with bud switch, entire island is floating gravel)

The largest islands should be about the size of small hills.

A little more information on my idea for the adventure map:

Basically the player is collecting the twelve eyes of the dragon (eyes of ender) to stop a curse that is plaguing the land. So each dungeon will have an eye of ender to collect.

Edited by sailing101

Type Minecraft in google, click Minecraft.net,

Buy the game, or play classic multiplayer/singleplayer or the singleplayer demo! biggrin.gif

Classic and the Demo are free..

The first islands would be small chunks linked by waterfalls above a mountian. eventuallythey would be just above the clouds. Then you would come to the larger islands, which would be small floating communities linked by wooden and stone bridges.

The Dungeon section, Or Air temple as it will be called, will be on a chain of islands floating above and out from the main town area. As one progresses through, they become steadly more barren and dead looking (some will have gravel and sand pitfalls), eventually leading to a dead man's parkour challange to reach the final island. I'll figure out how to rig the final island to fall, and it will land the player in the ocean above the city of water. (trapped chest with bud switch, entire island is floating gravel)

The largest islands should be about the size of small hills.

A little more information on my idea for the adventure map:

Basically the player is collecting the twelve eyes of the dragon (eyes of ender) to stop a curse that is plaguing the land. So each dungeon will have an eye of ender to collect.

Okay, I think I've got that. So the waterfall-linked islands would be each above the other to an extent? All of those islands are above a mountain, which I assume I would make a path (with some possible hidden traps/ chests along the way) up to the top, and then link it to the first island. They would eventually link to larger islands, linked by bridges. Those islands wpuld have littpe towns to trade with testificates and find hidden treasure. Eventually, the player will reach a chain of islands with increasingly harder parkour and traps that lead to a chamber with an eye of ender.

Let me know if I've got that right. Also, should there be periodic enderchests so the player cannot loose the ender eyes? Possible spawners for blazes, ghasts, or zombie pigmen?

Well, now that I got luckey and found one, I can hopefully find another, hopefully with nether wart.

Also, just thought I'd mention this. I am working on a Massive Adventure map, that was actually inspired while I was on this thread.

However, I need help,

Specifically with several athstetic pieces.

I was gopeing that someone here was good enough, and kind enough to be able to build a decent Giant tree, big enough to hold a city in it's branches, and a detailed root system

I could also use some floating islands,

Rapture (Bioshock) like submerged buildings.

An underground mining city

A city built in a nether fortress

Specifically the adventure map would have twelve cities, but let's not get too far ahead.

The City of Kings (Midevil town, hub area of the adventure map)

The City of Fire (Volcano)

The City of Water (Parody of Rapture)

The City of Earth (Think Epic mines)

The City of Air (Floating islands)

The City of Ice (Built of snow and ice, populated by snow golems)

The City of the Forest (giant tree)

The City of Magic the Cursed (Mycellium everywhere)

The City of Light DARKNESS (Block out the sun, more mycellium)

The City of the Blessed DAMNED (in the nether)

The City of Life death (Plenty of hidden zombie spawners)

The City of the Dragon (in the end, where else?)

Ooooohhhh

I'd love to help o3o

City of the dragon shall me miiiiiinnneeee!!!

I could build it one a sheet of endstone?

Any certain details you want it to include?

Or City of the King, I've been practicing medieval cities...

Bingo.

Awesome. Send me a PM with the seed once you get it started. I'll start geting devious trap ideas together. >:)

@Shadowwolf6:

For the city of the dragon, the idea is that it was sent to the End realm to imprison the dragon, so there is a crater in the overworld where it once stood, and the portal now stands. Parts of buildings around the edges would have been left behind, and the buildings in the end should line up with this.

The obsidian pillars with the crystals that heal the dragon would be twelve mini dungeons corresponding to each city, and arranged in an even ring throughout the city. (i'll take care of the interior of the obsidian towers)

This is basically turning the Enderdragon battle into the final challange of the map

As for the city of kings, I have most of the buildings finished, But I need some help with the castle. I could send you the world file to see what you think

@ moonnbeam: I don't have the seed chosen quite yet, but I have a few ideas.

for now, do what you can in creative.

Thanks to everyone who offered their help so far, I'll be sure to include your minecraft username in the credits, followed by what you worked on.

Here is a link to the thread on the minecraft forum I started a while ago:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/134188...ip-help-needed/

Edited by sailing101

Okee dokey. I'll take screenshots of traps I can come up with and post them later. smile.gif

EDIT: Is there a time we can set up to get everyone who is working on it together on the server? Kind of like a meeting to get the basics of individual jobs started?

Edited by Moonbeam22

Sailing, im fairly good with redstone...

I could help that way wise xd.png

That will depend on if we can get a server in the first place. LOL

My friend found a site that hosted serves that could be used by the public?

I think you can put you're own map on them...? I can ask him what it was?

And sure, I'll get to work on that crater and city...

How big do you want the pillars? Normal size?

Be sure to give me the link when you find it. smile.gif

About the size of the larger pillars normally generated in the end will do. wink.gif

Do you mind if I build the city, then let you move it?

It'd mean you can get the crafter right and that...

I'm kinda getting carried away and doing the whole minecraft city thing...

Starting on the castle, which already has two floors.

user posted image

Once I've finished this, I'll move on to the rest of the city...

Here's two images from the fire temple, specifically, the parkor challenge.

user posted image

user posted image

0_0

I am evil.....

shades.png

Hey guys, did you hear about the updates are going to happen? There going to include Witches, Withers, Wither Skeletons, and Zombies that look like Villagers. This is all included in the Halloween Update biggrin.gif

Guess you havn't been paying that much attenion then, That's all old news.

Yeah I know. I haven't really checked the news recently xd.png

Halloween Updates! Without 'em, The nether wouldnt exist! The sad laggy red fire world xd.png

Laggy indeed. I turned down literally every setting to the lowest possible and it still had crippling lag when loading chunks.

But then again my computer stinks. But then again it runs pretty well otherwise with OptiFine.

Ah, I remember the first Halloween Update. ;w;

/feels sort of like an old-timer but probably shouldn't

I've never been able to use the higher settings on Minecraft so when I installed OptiFine I was like

user posted image

I use the MagicLauncher too. It makes mods and stuff so much easier and keeps me from screwing up my MC files.

I'm really excited for carrots the Halloween Update.

Flower pots! :'D Yay. And you know, the scary actually important stuff. >>