chickenhound

Minecraft!

^ lol

And don't bother the pigmen unless you want some gold nuggets. Can't say gold is terribly useful in the game, though. At least not for me. Gold weapons/armour are kinda junk. I've never actually used a clock before... Powered rails are pretty cool. I've used them a lot in creative mode. Then again I've never actually even crafted a normal rail in survival. I have never used railways in survival, now that I think about it. However, I do believe gold nuggets can be used in potions. But then there's the problem, again, of me never actually making ANY of the things gold is used for. I have never brewed a potion yet. ._. You know, I haven't even used potions yet. Even in creative. Actually, I may have used some bottles o' enchanting before just to stand there in a pool of experience orbs. Yes. I have done that before. I do enchant things in creative quite often, but I've only ever enchanted maybe 3 different things in survival. Enchantments are quite useful I guess. They're definitely fun to play around with though... *continues off on an unrelated tangent*

I'm not a fan of Simon from the Yogscast, anyway. Lewis is okay, but I don't like Simon's attitude. I like Sips, Sjin, and Duncan a lot more. At least they know what they're doing half the time.

*mutters* But... But Diggy Diggy Hole.... D:

Jk, jk, you're entitled to your opinion. I personally LOVE Simon (as well as Lewis). If you don't mind me asking, what about Simon do you not like?

^ *gigglesnort*

I read that in Simon's voice. |D

The thing I actually hate the most about the Nether...the Blazes...out of all the enemies, they are the most likely to kill me. -.-

I'm glad Nether wart doesn't have to be in the Nether anymore to grow.

OMG I"M LOST IN THE FREAKY NETHER! NOOOO!

No seriously I'm lost in it. I lost track of my portal some time after entering the red and orange world of nether (short for Minecraft hell) and now it's like several blocks below the nether ground and I am too high up in the nether for it to be of any use to me. It appeared underground so eventually I wound up on the "surface" if there was such thing. At least I still have the neccesary tools to make a new portal.

OMG I"M LOST IN THE FREAKY NETHER! NOOOO!

No seriously I'm lost in it. I lost track of my portal some time after entering the red and orange world of nether (short for Minecraft hell) and now it's like several blocks below the nether ground and I am too high up in the nether for it to be of any use to me. It appeared underground so eventually I wound up on the "surface" if there was such thing. At least I still have the neccesary tools to make a new portal.

Go find the SinglePlayerCommands mod on the Minecraft Forums.

You can then use the command "spawnportal" to spawn a portal next to you and get out of the Nether. Only problem now is because of how distance in the overworld vs the Nether works, there is no telling where you'll turn up.

*mutters* But... But Diggy Diggy Hole.... D:

Jk, jk, you're entitled to your opinion. I personally LOVE Simon (as well as Lewis). If you don't mind me asking, what about Simon do you not like?

I've just never really cared for the loud, hyper personalities. He gets really over-excited a lot.

The high-pitched "DAWWWWWW" whenever he sees something cute gets kind of old after a while, too...

I didn't mind him so much before, but when he and Lewis started their Tekkit series he jumped from 'okay' to 'annoying' on my list. He doesn't know what he's doing half the time and he just got too rambunctious for my taste.

That's why I prefer Sips, Sjin, and Duncan. They still goof off and have fun, but they're not hyper and loud and overexcited all the time.

I've just never really cared for the loud, hyper personalities. He gets really over-excited a lot.

The high-pitched "DAWWWWWW" whenever he sees something cute gets kind of old after a while, too...

I didn't mind him so much before, but when he and Lewis started their Tekkit series he jumped from 'okay' to 'annoying' on my list. He doesn't know what he's doing half the time and he just got too rambunctious for my taste.

That's why I prefer Sips, Sjin, and Duncan. They still goof off and have fun, but they're not hyper and loud and overexcited all the time.

Aaah, I see.

Me and my sister have (among other things) ADHD. Add that to having several pets, including 4 dogs and a very talkative budgie, and I guess it makes sense that I would be more tolerant of what you dislike in Simon. After all, I've been surrounded by "loud" and "hyperactive" all my life. In fact, you saying that about him made me realize why I might like him so much, in that the "loud"-ness and "hyperactive"-ness are something I easily identify with. It's amazing, really, how our brain does stuff like that without us even realizing it.

Edited by Vulqostrun

That's true! My home life is very quiet most of the time and I never had any siblings to be hyper with. When I was little my parents would often get irritated if I got too loud or obnoxious.

I guess now I'm turning out to be more like them.

...that's a scary thought, eheheheh...

Go find the SinglePlayerCommands mod on the Minecraft Forums.

You can then use the command "spawnportal" to spawn a portal next to you and get out of the Nether. Only problem now is because of how distance in the overworld vs the Nether works, there is no telling where you'll turn up.

And bring torches to mark your path next time.

And the SPC Mod comes with a command to return to your spawnpoint when you go to the Overworld, so you can do that too in case you wound up lost in the overworld.

I think the command is /home but I'm not certain... the topic has a list of them.

I made my first Nether Portal in my new singleplayer world too recently. I found a huge Stronghold with two blaze spawners and one Nether Wart farm so far. The second or third Zombie Pigman I killed also dropped a Golden Sword with Smite. 8D

Edited by Switch

Tbh, I haven't found a Nether fortress legitly yet.

I've only ever found 2, both after I switched to creative to fly around. >.>;

FINALLY got Minecraft to work on my PC! 8D A few lag issues in the tree-y biomes, but otherwise wonderful. I'll install a FPS mod sometime, but for now, Ima make a huge temple dedicated to dragons :3

BTW, apparantly Notch said that there's still one thing players haven't discovered yet...

FINALLY got Minecraft to work on my PC! 8D A few lag issues in the tree-y biomes, but otherwise wonderful. I'll install a FPS mod sometime, but for now, Ima make a huge temple dedicated to dragons :3

BTW, apparantly Notch said that there's still one thing players haven't discovered yet...

For the lag issues, I reccomend trying Optifine. Not only does it allow the use of HD texture packs, but it also helps performance. Optifine gives you a ton of new ways to adjust performance in the options menu (in video options). It helped me quite a bit.

And it must be something well hidden, if players haven't found it.

Minceraft... OMFG MINCERAFT SECRET THINGY! 1 in 1000000000000000000000000's of players would find this... and none have so far... I think... Lol. I want to give you guys a craaaaaazeh screenshot of a ride in tekkit that I'm working on >:3

Isn't it that MinceRaft thing in the menu? Or is there another thing?

Well, in other news, I am building a castle from the stone dug out while mining.

I have a dungeon that has mobs spawning in the cells. (not mob spawner of course) shades.png

That reminds me. How do you guys typically find nether fortresses? I seem to never have any luck at that.

I just walked in a straight line from my Nether Portal and got lucky I guess.

Although, the Wiki says: "Nether Fortresses tend to spawn in "strips" aligning along the Z axis (north/south) in the nether, making them easier to find after one has already been found by simply moving north or south, keeping the X coordinate steady. This is a good method to use if you are having trouble finding Nether Fortresses (Tested over 200 seeds so far, the trend is strong in all tested seeds (Confirmed with AMIDST).)"

Although I haven't personally tried it yet.

I just got lucky when I found a nether fortress, I guess, though I had to do a lot of wandering. Cobblestone arrows are great ways to keep yourself from getting lost. They're easy to see and you can point yourself back to where you came from. I do that in caves too.

I just leave a trail of torches leading back to my portal.

Only failed once...I got lost in a partially "underground" fortress...found out I was just walking in large circles the whole time. -.-;

Well, now that I got luckey and found one, I can hopefully find another, hopefully with nether wart.

Also, just thought I'd mention this. I am working on a Massive Adventure map, that was actually inspired while I was on this thread.

However, I need help,

Specifically with several athstetic pieces.

I was gopeing that someone here was good enough, and kind enough to be able to build a decent Giant tree, big enough to hold a city in it's branches, and a detailed root system

I could also use some floating islands,

Rapture (Bioshock) like submerged buildings.

An underground mining city

A city built in a nether fortress

Specifically the adventure map would have twelve cities, but let's not get too far ahead.

The City of Kings (Midevil town, hub area of the adventure map)

The City of Fire (Volcano)

The City of Water (Parody of Rapture)

The City of Earth (Think Epic mines)

The City of Air (Floating islands)

The City of Ice (Built of snow and ice, populated by snow golems)

The City of the Forest (giant tree)

The City of Magic the Cursed (Mycellium everywhere)

The City of Light DARKNESS (Block out the sun, more mycellium)

The City of the Blessed DAMNED (in the nether)

The City of Life death (Plenty of hidden zombie spawners)

The City of the Dragon (in the end, where else?)

Edited by sailing101

Well, now that I got luckey and found one, I can hopefully find another, hopefully with nether wart.

Also, just thought I'd mention this. I am working on a Massive Adventure map, that was actually inspired while I was on this thread.

However, I need help,

Specifically with several athstetic pieces.

I was gopeing that someone here was good enough, and kind enough to be able to build a decent Giant tree, big enough to hold a city in it's branches, and a detailed root system

I could also use some floating islands,

Rapture (Bioshock) like submerged buildings.

An underground mining city

A city built in a nether fortress

Specifically the adventure map would have twelve cities, but let's not get too far ahead.

I'd help! If you opened a server with the map i'd log on every now and then and work on the mining city. Thats where i live in my singleplayer worlds xd.png

I don't have the resourses, or computing power, to set up a server, But I do know my way around mc edit. If you can send me a world file, I can import what I need.

Be sure to include a dungeon section, each city has a Zeldaesque dungeon to it, some cities Are their dungeon.

Basically, hordes cave spiders are comming from the mines, and the miners, (testificates) are all hiding in fear.

Also have a designated shop, forge, and town hall, and leave room for me to redstone.

I hope that's not too demanding of me.

Edited by sailing101

I don't have the resourses, or computing power, to set up a server, But I do know my way around mc edit. If you can send me a world file, I can import what I need.

Be sure to include a dungeon section, each city has a Zeldaesque dungeon to it, some cities Are their dungeon.

Basically, hordes cave spiders are comming from the mines, and the miners, (testificates) are all hiding in fear.

Also have a designated shop, forge, and town hall, and leave room for me to redstone.

I hope that's not too demanding of me.

Actually, i have no architectural features xd.png

I can only build squares! :/