chickenhound

Minecraft!

Hey guys well my bf started playing minecraft on my computer and he came across from what i find (extremely) creepy landscape. it was very unnatural and ive never seen it like this before and neither has he, and he's been playing for a very long time.

btw no mods, except TooManyItems but that wouldnt cause this.

heres some screenshots

came across this from across the ocean near spawn, had to improvise a way up and heres:

a lake

up high shot of said lakes

then desert area starts..

edge

in the desert:

http://tinypic.com/r/r06qs8/6

trees

http://tinypic.com/r/125mc9h/6

http://tinypic.com/r/a0hpxy/6

theres more just dont wanna make too big of a post

Edited by kittygrl

I've seen biomes cut off like that, but I've never seen lakes like that. ._.

the thing was everything was perfect square/rectangle

even the trees stopped abruptly

Hey guys well my bf started playing minecraft on my computer and he came across from what i find (extremely) creepy landscape. it was very unnatural and ive never seen it like this before and neither has he, and he's been playing for a very long time.

heres some screenshots

came across this from across the ocean near spawn, had to improvise a way up and heres:

a lake

edge

in the desert:

trees

I have a world like that smile.gif

I found it very very weird... so I switched to a different world and haven't been back since. All I have in my "square world" is some weird wooden/sand mixture of a house.

Kitty, that's both creepy and totally awesome :D Kind of reminds me of one of my first worlds - I had downloaded MC world edit, got a little crazy with commands, and was left with some biomes that were cut off like that. Never seen lakes like that before - but I guess that makes it unique.

Mind sharing the seed? I'm curious to see if it's just your world generation being weird, or if the actual seed is derped out like that.

Edited by ShinyDazzlight

That reminds me. I somewhat recently found a seed with an underground desert temple connected to a dungeon. That's probably the most interesting seed I've found in a long time. |D

I would be so willing to dish out the seed, thing is I dunno how to find out what the seed is

EDIT

I think this is it I'm posting from an iPhone do it could be wrong

Edited by kittygrl

Oh gosh, as if I'm not procrastinating enough already, I just re-discovered Minecraft. I started playing it AAAAGES ago, back before beds and stuff. I felt that the version that added mines and endermen and the way the worlds were generated and XP and hunger and everything just changed too much about the game; it didn't have the same feel anymore and wasn't as fun.

So I haven't played it in almost a year. And then I saw something by chance today about how they were changing mob sounds, so I wanted to download it to my computer so I could hold onto the version before that update. It downloaded, I wanted to make sure it worked properly... I remembered that the last computer I played it on, I had to have the very lowest settings for it to even run... I decided to try out the game to see how it ran... and it's beautiful and the whole world spawned before me with zombies growling under my feet and a mountain with a waterfall a short way away. I realllllly want to play now. But I dont' have enough time. I still have to finish Skyrim. Before that I have 2 websites I'm being paid to make. And before that, much more urgently, I have assignments. Gah. xd.png

I wish everybody could see my worlds. The current three are perfect for survival even though I can't successfully kill any monsters. tongue.gif

I'm gonna attempt to spawn near a very resourceful place.

I'm writing a minecraft diary in my CRAAAZEH world, where I have pictures of ghasts hanging on the walls. xd.png. Anyone tried out the seed emeralds? I THINK it works, but I tried it and it didn't... It was an awsome seed on the vid! It has waterfalls and rainbows and a amazing mountain range! In my tekkit level, I was making DM cookies... >:3 But that world dissapered... I had to re-download TooManyItems, so I had to re-download Tekkit too... 3:...

I found my way to the thing I decided to live on.

*CoughIdrewOnThePictureCoughCough*

https://i.imgur.com/LdesX.png

I name this mountain... Dragon mountain!

And I have a new project in mind...

Edited by creepado

I started a new world (on PE, no less) in Creative mode. I was lucky enough to get this incredible landscape full of mountains, caves, waterfalls and floating islands. So I started building a large network of bridges, built houses into cliffs and made observation decks etc. All of it was built out of wood as I wanted to make it blend in nicely and look all natural. Then I went crazy and built this large-ish floating futuristic spaceship xd.png Such contrast...

Sometime I'll make a similar larger scale spaceship in another world and stick it in a black box to mimic space :3

heres some screenshots

a lake

edge

in the desert:

trees

Ok, Here's how this happens.

Back before the full 1.0 release, the way worlds were generated from seeds was diferent. When people updated their worlds, the new terrain generation took over for generating new chunks.

To se what I mean, count the blocks along the sides of the lakes, I can guarentee that they are 64 by 64, or one chunk.

Those aren't lakes, they're an ocean biome.

I found my way to the thing I decided to live on.

*CoughIdrewOnThePictureCoughCough*

https://i.imgur.com/LdesX.png

I name this mountain... Dragon mountain!

And I have a new project in mind...

xd.png awesome!

The closest thing I got is a failure of a castle I've been trying to make for so long. I did find a rocky thing that looked like a fly until a creeper killed it.

LOL a fly shaped thing xd.png

I've never seriously played with monsters spawning every night. In two of my worlds, I either made a dugout in a hill with a shallow scoop at the bottom or in a valley. On my mushroom island x jungle thing I live in a giant petrified mushroom that used to live but I sort of killed and replaced with cobblestone. But the thing is, it is DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO A JUNGLE which will mean monsters spawning there would eventually crawl up the meycelium (not sure if spelled correctly tongue.gif) such as creepers and when they see my trapdoor-less ladder thingy they'll either attempt to crawl up or blow it to bits D: and the trapdoor is a mess it wont let me enter when open because hole is relatively smaller once ''installed'' to the floor.

EDIT: My new world is perfect! I found a deep cave with lots of iron ore and coal and an underground lava flow that I sorta messed up xd.png

Edited by gjhhhhhh

the best way i found to explore the game and do whatever you can to survive set it as hard as you can and try to build your house and stay alive MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Okay on that new world I wa talking about in my last post well, I got burned up before I could get to the underground waterfall just a few blocks away so all my stuff fell out. When I went to get them, the 58 blocks of iron ore did not get picked up. I tried everything I could think of. Then Minecraft sorta glitched and went blank and I had to reload it. By then the ore was gone as well as the 5 iron ingots I already had. Should I keep playing or start over or delete and play my other worlds instead? I barely have much useful things left anyways. And I get lost in that immense cave all the time and even found another patch of lava. The next door taiga doesn't have a single wolf as the sheep live on the plains opposite the taiga across a few ponds (since they're so small) and a thick river like place. tongue.gif The only good thing is a lava flow and plenty of iron and coal but few cows and pigs plenty of chickens if you go far enough and the occasional flock of sheep. I'm thinking of deleting it for good since the world seed was not the village it was said to be on one of those Minecraft seed youtube vids.

EDIT: what an annoying glitch tongue.gif

Edited by gjhhhhhh

Im just downloading the layman mod maker xd.png

Who knows, i might end up uploading a mod to planet minecraft xd.png

I decided I should delete the messed up world and start it over or forget about it because I have three other worlds to survive on.

Ok, this just happened to me right now

I was just leaving the nether, and greeting me back to the overworld was a creeper right next to the portal.

I decided it was safer in the nether.

I was just leaving the nether, and greeting me back to the overworld was a creeper right next to the portal.

That happened to me once too, but I had to stay in the normal world and deal with the creeper since a ghast had be chasing me in the nether...

I'm addicted to Tekkit. Been playing on a very good server and still haven't seen about 30% of the modpack yet tongue.gif

You kno wat screw the nether, screw the nether, screeeewwww the nether!

I hate this place! It never rains, theres no sunlight, and no sheep 'n' stuff!

~Yogscast

You kno wat screw the nether, screw the nether, screeeewwww the nether!

I hate this place! It never rains, theres no sunlight, and no sheep 'n' stuff!

~Yogscast

Oh.. my... God... I LOVE the Yogscast! I remember that vid too. I always have the digging song stuck in my head...

"I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole, diggy, diggy hole! Diggy diggy hole!"