chickenhound

Minecraft!

Oh yeah. After the first zombie appeared, I pulled out all my torches and freaking coated the walls. Still can't figure out how they're getting in. But I have a new house now and it's working much better.

Maybe there was an empty room below or next to you room, so they spawned there and glitched through the wall.

Well, I can run the 1.8pr2 server right now. Do you want it?

EDIT: Downloading the server now, actually.

EDIT 2: Server running.

Edited by caramba2654

Yay! 10 clicks on my sig! Thanks everyone who clicked! biggrin.gif

EDIT: Aaaand the server crashed. But it's up again. BTW, at least in 1.8 I won't need to keep posting the server updates here, because you'll be able to see it yourself if you add the DC server to the Server List in your Minecraft. biggrin.gif

EDIT 2: Aaaaand the server is down.

Edited by caramba2654

FFFFFFFffffff-

*getting quite excited but impatient at the same time*

When is 1.8 actually going to be released? :I

It'll probably go up in around 5-6 hours (it usually goes up when I go to bed, lol).

Also, 1.8 is now out, not the prerelease 2 but the full version of 1.8. That would explain why the site was down when I was trying to check some info out on it. xd.png

Grats caramba, wasn't sure if that worked cause every time I clicked your link it showed me a referral link with 0 points. o-o

Edited by VampiricOmen

In a few minutes.

Also, I would like you to connect from this adress too: 2620:9b::537:1a7f

Don't forget that this is a Hamachi server! biggrin.gif

EDIT: Nevermind, connect to the old good 5.55.26.127.

EDIT 2: A poll: Would you want a 24/7 server running on 256MB of RAM or a 12/7 server running on 1GB of RAM?

Edited by caramba2654

Well, I did what I could to fix the lag, but I'm not entering the server to make the lag less noticeable. Minecrafts slows the server down a bit.

Uhh...so I'm on the server right now (I think) and there's a huuuuge rift in the map going all the way down to the void. It's kinda awesome, but I have a feeling it's not supposed to be there...

EDIT: Just discovered that if you try to walk into the nothingness, you suffocate. -.-

Edited by Ali'i Makani Pahili

Uhh...so I'm on the server right now (I think) and there's a huuuuge rift in the map going all the way down to the void. It's kinda awesome, but I have a feeling it's not supposed to be there...

EDIT: Just discovered that if you try to walk into the nothingness, you suffocate. -.-

A.K.A. world hole. it didn't load for you, so you can reconnect and it will reload again.

is the lag this bad for anyone else? I can only play for about a minute before I get kicked. I dunno why the connection is so bad. It was fine all those other times. :/

And the chat doesn't show my messages until about 3-5 minutes after I actually sent it.

EDIT: Almost every time I get disconnected, it tells me "end of stream"

Edited by Ali'i Makani Pahili

I think it's the chunk loading and terrain generation that's lagging the game. My RAM dedicated to running the server is already at 1.5GB, and I get pretty good pings. I know it's my computer, but every time the server lags on me, my comp also lags. But my comp will not lag every time it lags on you. So lag is a thing that only future versions will remove... Unfortunately.

Actually I'm crashing the server today. I need to find a real fix for the lag.

Edited by caramba2654

Enderman confuses me...this whole time I thought they were gunna have green eyes...saw my first one today...it had purple eyes. o.o

Btw, will they make different noises in the future? Because one was right under me while I was hiding out at night and the whole time I thought it was a zombie. -.-

I really hope they do, they're so unique that they definitely deserve their own creepy noise rather than just making generic mob noises. biggrin.gif

I heard the zombie noise is just a placeholder and there is an actual Enderman noise. I wonder what they sound like. ohmy.gif

Anyone find any good abandoned mines? tongue.gif

I haven't really done anything yet. |D

But I did find this pretty awesome structure that looks like it used to be a mountain, but rivers and ravines cut through it. So half of it is almost floating and there's a waterfall coming out of the side.

Still haven't found any snow. :c

I'm not surprised, I heard biomes got expanded with 1.8, though I'm not sure 100%. I like the idea, because it was always weird to go from a desert biome to a snow biome in like 30 seconds. These biomes and environments feel larger and more natural.

I actually really like the swamp biome. :3

The vines are so preeety.

The forest biome I spawned in is huge. So. Many. Trees.

The only thing I don't like about it is right next door, there's plains. Vast, flat emptiness. I need to build some mountains and plant trees or something. -.-