chickenhound

Minecraft!

I'm trying to download 1.8, is it bad that I don't have Libraries? O.O

When you create a new world, you can choose if it's a creative world or a survival world. If you wanna play survival, you choose survival and you can't switch in game. If you wanted creative you'd have to make a new world.

wut. Source? Jeb/Notch tweet? Seriously, where'd you hear that? Link it.

You can't turn it to peaceful while building an arena, and then turn it on hard to challenge endermen to fisticuffs? Not even by saving and reloading?

That's it, I'm staying 1.7. NPC villages, giant mushrooms and the sky dimension of 1.9 be damned, if a world is locked to Creative forever then screw it.

Edited by Lythiaren

wut. Source? Jeb/Notch tweet? Seriously, where'd you hear that? Link it.

You can't turn it to peaceful while building an arena, and then turn it on hard to challenge endermen to fisticuffs? Not even by saving and reloading?

That's it, I'm staying 1.7. NPC villages, giant mushrooms and the sky dimension of 1.9 be damned, if a world is locked to Creative forever then screw it.

1.8 got a prerelease version, I can confirm what they said. You're not locked to Creative unless you make a Creative world.

That's not a prerelease, that's the leaked beta of 1.8. Things are changing between that and tomorrow. :|

Yeah I won't be happy if I can't turn my survival world on peaceful for any reason.

Edited by Lythiaren

Whawaitwaitwait...survival...no more peaceful? It's either creative (with no enemies, I'm assuming) or survival with a static difficulty level? Or at least no peaceful? D:

It's either one or the other? No enemies at all or stuck with enemies forever unless a new world is created?

Creative does have monsters, but they cannot do any damage to you. It's a great way to numb yourself from those Endermen (I think skeletons are scarier tbh). To get monsters, naturally you'd have to have it on any difficulty other than peaceful. You can also play on a survival world in peaceful. So I think the only difference between 1.7 and 1.8 difficulty wise is that creative is locked to creative and survival is locked to survival. sad.gif

Note: this is all taken from playing the leaked 1.8 version, so it could change (not that much can in the space of a few days).

I had to fall down a ravine to find some of that out. xd.png

You can also play on a survival world in peaceful.

Oh good, then I won't have to stay 1.7 forever. If you can continue to play survival on peaceful then I have nothing to worry about except running into the border of a current world and hitting the enormously different terrain generation.

my boyfriend got the leak so i was watching him

the void isn't blue anymore sad.gif

it's cool it's all black with creepy particles floating....but i kinda miss just that odd blue in the bottom of the world

Fence gates are amazing : D

when he started the world he actually ran into food problems

first day foods seem to be

mushroom soup - if spawned near swamp

bread - if near a village (pillage it :3, he took a door, slept in one of their houses, used their furnaces)

meat if you can get fuel and stone for a funace plus animals go spastic now if you attack them, but overall the new crit system helps killing them faster

Edited by darkshadow5392

meat if you can get fuel and stone for a funace plus animals go spastic now if you attack them, but overall the new crit system helps killing them faster

I thought the animals part was just me. O.o

Villages would be more fun if there were npc's to fight you off (from pillaging them), but they're coming in 1.9? Dunno, regardless, Villages are practically waiting to be pillaged. I contemplated living in one instead of building my own home. Deleted that world though. Swamps are amazing, I've found so much clay in swamp biomes (made many different worlds to just explore, I tend to spawn in swamps). I noticed near bedrock level there are also particles randomly floating.

Lythiaren: The terrain generation is kinda weird now. So many islands from the rivers.

Okay, me + Minecraft = me being stupid

I just completly mistook a spider as an enderman.

Somebody please kill me for my stupidness.

Is anyone else having problems with the 1.8 leak? It keeps crashing on me every three minutes or so. I hope it gets fixed when 1.8 is released properly.

Well, I'm not hosting the server until 1.8 is released. I mean, I can't! And 1.7.3 seems a little bit boring with all of the new 1.8 features... And we still have to talk about the LP...

Creative does have monsters, but they cannot do any damage to you. It's a great way to numb yourself from those Endermen (I think skeletons are scarier tbh). To get monsters, naturally you'd have to have it on any difficulty other than peaceful. You can also play on a survival world in peaceful. So I think the only difference between 1.7 and 1.8 difficulty wise is that creative is locked to creative and survival is locked to survival. :(

Note: this is all taken from playing the leaked 1.8 version, so it could change (not that much can in the space of a few days).

I had to fall down a ravine to find some of that out. XD

oooOOOOooooh, ok. That's good. Got scared there for a bit. -.-

Though I'm still not a huge fan of not being able to switch between creative and survival. :/

oooOOOOooooh, ok. That's good. Got scared there for a bit. -.-

Though I'm still not a huge fan of not being able to switch between creative and survival. :/

You could always download a mod for that. I bet one is coming out on the first week of the 1.8 release...

Lythiaren: The terrain generation is kinda weird now. So many islands from the rivers.

Yeah that's my only concern using old worlds.I can imagine expanding my mine and hitting new chunks, then looking up and finding myself at the bottom of a ravine or abandoned mineshaft.

"FFFFFFFFFFFF RUN"

Re: animals flipping out when you hit them: didn't Notch make a blog post recently about how he changed mob AI? Making passives flee when attacked, leading to wolves chasing after sheep rather than just killing them while they stare vacantly? He then decided he wanted to expand mob AI some more since it's much more interesting.

Edited by Lythiaren

Well, I'm not hosting the server until 1.8 is released. I mean, I can't! And 1.7.3 seems a little bit boring with all of the new 1.8 features... And we still have to talk about the LP...

Is it because I kind of crashed it? Is the map unplayable? Well, um, I think the Minecraft wiki said something about it somewhere...

So... MCEdit? Would that fix it? Can I help at all?

Yeah that's my only concern using old worlds.I can imagine expanding my mine and hitting new chunks, then looking up and finding myself at the bottom of a ravine or abandoned mineshaft.

"FFFFFFFFFFFF RUN"

Re: animals flipping out when you hit them: didn't Notch make a blog post recently about how he changed mob AI? Making passives flee when attacked, leading to wolves chasing after sheep rather than just killing them while they stare vacantly? He then decided he wanted to expand mob AI some more since it's much more interesting.

I saw that. Notch was amused by that behavior. And I like it. It's not like a game changer, because you can now kill animals with one hit if you critical hit them. And I still like cows more than pigs. They always drop at least 1 beef and some leather, so the benefit is greater.

Is it because I kind of crashed it? Is the map unplayable? Well, um, I think the Minecraft wiki said something about it somewhere...

So... MCEdit? Would that fix it? Can I help at all?

Well, what I could do is let the map run for a little bit and wait for the orbs to despawn, or I could collect them and die in lava, burning them. But I hope Notch makes it so only 1 or 2 orbs drop from mobs.

So, you can just do that and fix the server? That's good. Although, I shouldn't have died. I was in water! But, I was on fire. Is that a bug?

Also, has anyone else went underwater in 1.8?

When 1.8 is actually released, should we make a new map and play on that, or just continue using the pre-release world? Since furnaces would (hopefully) not crash the game, and, the giant mushroom biomes would spawn, right?

But, um, you can do whatever you want with it, it's your server. So, um, eep?

EDIT: But, my stuff will be gone. At least Mushy, Mush, Flowy, and Rosi will be okay. Because they're blocks. Well, mushrooms and flowers.

Edited by 48844

Hmm. So I'm having some trouble.

I built a house. It was nice. Four solid walls and a roof. It's well lit. For several nights, it was safe to sleep in. The last two nights, monsters have been spawning inside the house. I am deeply confused.

I think that the world is gone for good. It would take a day to manage and get rid of the orbs. So I'm creating a new map for the full release. And I need some of the plugins updated, so that might take a while too. I was thinking in allowing fire to spread to leaves, so we can cut wood easier...

@Stromboli, try placing your bed in a way that it's touching no walls and remove any double doors in your room.

Also, only 2 more clicks in my sig! Only 2 more! biggrin.gif

Edited by caramba2654

Bed's away from the wall and I haven't got a double door. sad.gif

I think I might just build a new one. I found this awesome valley where I wanna build a castle.

I hope your room is lit enough.

1.8pr2 IS OUT! AND THE EXPERIENCE ORBS DO NOT LAG THE GAME ANYMORE! YAY!

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/611324...ion-2-released/

But unfortunately I deleted the map 48844 died, because it crashed my Minecraft every time I tried to play it. But the good thing is: you can smelt again1 biggrin.gif

Also, 1 more click! 1 more! Go click my sig! Please!