chickenhound

Minecraft!

How do we even connect? When I try to login it says "can't connect to minecraft.net" Do i have to use the server version?

I did it! I downloaded 1.8!

EDIT: So, server IP?

Also, what do you mean that you can't connect?

Edited by 48844

So...we're going to screw around on a 1.8 server? Meaning I should put 1.8 jar back in the bin, or just get on normally if we're not?

Edited by Ookami11

Hmm, seems like my internet provider is at it again with repairing lines everywhere (boo).

I'm also getting errors when connected to the server, some internal java error, as well as an 'end stream' error. I'm going to give up playing for now, as it's not like 1.8 is never going to come (officially released, that is). Thanks for putting up with my dc'ing and chat lag. :3

Edited by VampiricOmen

I died, and then, can't get on server

I think your death crashed it, lol

Lol. 48844's death dropped all of her experience orbs. And it crashed the server! Epic!

May I ask how to get on this server? I'd love to join you guys biggrin.gif

Lol. 48844's death dropped all of her experience orbs. And it crashed the server! Epic!

Great. So I lagged up the server enough to crash it just by burning to death

Exactly! lol

But don't worry. The lag will be gone when 1.8 really releases.

EDIT: And thanks for everybody who clicked my sig! It means a lot for me!

Also... I can't seem to start the server with my batch file. Gonna get around that by starting the jar, but with less ram. Daen...

Edited by caramba2654

Just watched some 1.8 videos (not downloading it until it's actually released) and I am very excited about it. :3

Though the abandoned mine shafts...this game just got a lot more terrifying (for me at least). ._.

It's awesome, but creepy at the same time.

Endermen are pretty awesome as well.

I like the watermelons. |D

Anyone know if the height limit will ever be increased?

The height limit isn't going to be increased, but Notch has said that he's made it MUCH easier to go into the code and change it. I'm sure someone will make a mod or a tutorial :3

I'm actually not looking forward to 1.8. When I build in Minecraft I want to build with stuff I collect, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it; I could just play Classic and have most of the blocks at my disposal. Or I would've just installed TooManyItems or used InvEdit. With 1.8 built-in TMI and flying in Creative... why do I even bother making a pick? I guess I could just not-use built-in Creative. It just kind of feels like handicapping myself for no reason while everyone else flies around building their giant megastructures. :|a

The other new things seem neat and all, but I'd just found a new world I liked and started construction of a house on the top of a hill near spawn. Plus it'll break Aether. Gah. ><

This is why I backed up 1.7.

Edited by Lythiaren

When you create a new world, you can choose if it's a creative world or a survival world. If you wanna play survival, you choose survival and you can't switch in game. If you wanted creative you'd have to make a new world.