chickenhound

Minecraft!

I can get on but I'm majorly glitching. lol First I saw a glass sphere...and then lava everywhere.

I can get on but I'm majorly glitching. lol First I saw a glass sphere...and then lava everywhere.

That was me failing. lol

That was me failing. lol

Can I have the IP? I can't get on.

Never mind.

Edited by 48844

Yup. 1.8 leak.

I don't want to get it now though? I'd rather wait until its officially released on Monday to play it. Just me being weird.

I wouldn't think about getting it until the actual update either. From what I've heard over on the minecraft forums the leak either runs perfectly with little errors or crashes within moments with terrible lag. If they can even get it to work.

Knowing my computer, it would be one of the last two. Don't get me wrong, my machine runs great. Plays Sims 3 with all the current expansion packs no problem. But Minecraft? Psh. I get under 50 or even 30 fps on Small render distance fast graphics. I used to be able to play on far and with fancy graphics back when I got it before the Halloween update. The more updates this game gets the worse my FPS gets. I'm starting to think my graphics card might not be up to snuff for the amount of rendering this game has to do for each and every block.

But when 1.8 really comes out I'll make the server a 1.8. And generate a new map. Everyone agrees?

I haven't played the 1.8 leak, myself. I just watched the Yogscast videos about it.

I was honestly pretty surprised when I heard about it.

Edited by Switch

I haven't played the 1.8 leak, myself. I just watched the Yogscast videos about it.

I was honestly pretty surprised when I heard about it.

I've gotten it. I love the torch lighting!

Already found myself a large cave to make a home in, and ran from several endermen. I have yet to find one of the NPC villages, though.

I've gotten it. I love the torch lighting!

Already found myself a large cave to make a home in, and ran from several endermen. I have yet to find one of the NPC villages, though.

Oh, yeah, the new torch lighting looks so pretty. <3 I love it.

And the Endermen didn't really do anything in the Yogscast video. XD; I got myself all freaked out about it when they saw them.

I saw an enderman in a cave, said "should I look at it," then "screw it yes"

I killed it.

ENDER PEARL biggrin.gif

It doesn't do anything.

I am enjoying this game. :3 Of course, I'm playing on Peaceful Mode, so no baddies are attacking me, but I'm okay with that.

Right now I'm attempting to hollow out the mountain I built my house in. It was going well until I hit this big ol' cavern. Now there's holes in my floor. tongue.gif

Really surprised it got leaked o__o I'm going to restrain myself and not play it until it actually comes out.

I did download TooManyItems today though. And I'm now thinking of getting the Apothecarium and/or Equivalent Exchange mods too.

But when 1.8 really comes out I'll make the server a 1.8. And generate a new map. Everyone agrees?

I'm fine with it because all I've built on the current world is a bunker for a home in the side of a mountain.

Haven't tried the 1.8 leak yet, but it'll be a nice change from my current world even though I've spent a few days on it. Most of that was spent on a strip mine though, 52k cobblestone anyone? And I didn't even reach diamond (I did however, find diamond in the branch mine below it!). Yes, I used singleplayer commands so the mine itself didn't take me years. I mined the around 40k blocks one by one using instantmine, tortureeeee. The rest was mined with a super pickaxe.xd.png

I kinda regret using mods that make life easier, it's making me create crazy stuff. *Misses old mansion house built without mods*

Trikonasana: Really? Wow. O_O Imagine seeing that many diamonds. My Minecraft would implode! The amount of chests I needed to house that cobblestone took up half the top wall of the strip mine. It was fun in a crazy sort of way though.

Edited by VampiricOmen

I'm ok with a new map. Personally, I'm hoping for more of the snowy biomes and more mountains. |D I always like making my house above the ground.

Wow, the 1.8 pre-release is pretty spectacular.

On a creative map, I've found an old abandoned mine (Herobrine was the first thought that came to mind, then I forgot that I had the structures setting on haha). There are cobwebs everywhere, wooden arches through the mine area (mine shaft?), and even mine cart tracks here and there. The POV is kinda weird though, the Quake Pro setting is just O.o. Loving it the lighting so far too.

I watched all the Yogscast videos of the 1.8 leak and the abandoned mineshafts look terrifying. I feel like I would get horribly lost and never be able to get out (I do usually play on peaceful when i go into caves because monsters terrify me, but yeah, dark caves aren't my thing).

What do you guys think is the best new thing that's been added?

Personally I'm a fan of the watermelons. X3

Well, I guess I'll be fine with a new map. As long as I get to make a tree city before then or in the new map. And floating dirt pi wall above something, and don't get in any caves. I am bad with caves. *zombie noise* EeeeeeEEeeee... Yes panic. That would get worse. *sees spider* AH SPIDER! *runs* So, no caves for me. Although, I wish that Endermen wouldn't be hostile, since they are kind of cute. Pet Enderman!

I'll only play it when it's released. Do not want any more lag than normal.

If I'm not in a cave and hear a mob, I just tell it/them to shut up.

When is the server going to be back up?

It's up right now!

Edit: Does anyone want me to host the 1.8pr for today?

Edit 2: Also, could anyone please click the link in my sig? I really need them. wink.gif

Edited by caramba2654

Oh, yeah. The server is up, but not Hamachi... *facepalm*

No one wants me to host a temporary 1.8pr server? The old one is not being deleted.

I'm hosting it. But you need the 1.8 jar. Download it here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/214-wan...arly-heres-how/

Move the old minecraft jar to another folder (desktop preferably) and put the 1.8 jar in the bin folder. And then you're ready to go! If you want to play 1.7.3 just switch the jars.

Edited by caramba2654