chickenhound

Minecraft!

I just learned there was an underwater update thanks to this thread. :P Now I need to play Minecraft later! I only got Minecraft last year, so I'm super late to the party. It's a really fun game, although most of my time is spent hoarding animals, especially dogs, so I'm not sure if I'm getting the full experience... :rolleyes:

On 4/17/2018 at 4:48 AM, aqub said:

I just learned there was an underwater update thanks to this thread. :P Now I need to play Minecraft later! I only got Minecraft last year, so I'm super late to the party. It's a really fun game, although most of my time is spent hoarding animals, especially dogs, so I'm not sure if I'm getting the full experience... :rolleyes:

The underwater update actually sounds like so much fun! :o I haven't actually got around to playing it since it was released, though. I'm a little worried that if I start playing it again then it'll eat up all my free time and I'll become obsessed. :P I'm using my dodgy computer (which doesn't run the game too well) as an excuse to keep myself at arm's length. I'm planning on getting a new laptop later this year, though, and I fully expect that I'll get dragged under again. 

aqub, let me know what you think of the underwater update! 

The dolphins softened my heart so much I almost cried. I can't handle so much cuteness. No.

Anyway posting my vids twice for those who don't follow the art thread because it also fits here :V 

summer's coming up where i have a lot more freetime and i'm almost unsure if i want to get back into minecraft because i get obsessed lol. the underwater update looks really fun! especially the turtles

12 hours ago, Orchi'dea said:

The dolphins softened my heart so much I almost cried. I can't handle so much cuteness. No.

I haven't played since they were introduced, but I already know what's going to happen when I do. I'm going to mistake them for sharks and freak out. :lol: I'll spot them at the edge of the screen or something and I'll jump out of my skin. And I'll probably do it half a dozen times before I remember they're just dolphins. :P 

OMG SHARKS!!! That would actually be great for a future version of Minecraft! They'd attack you if you were in the water, but you could tame them with raw fish if they were close to the shore.

I haven't played Minecraft much since the 1.8 Beta update. Now that the spring semester is over, I'm considering picking it back up to see what's new.

23 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

They are dolphins, actually. Not sharks.

I READ THE BLOG. I know there's dolphins NOW, I was talking about a LATER version, like 1.14 or 2.0

It's what StormWizard212 said that made me say that.

"I'm going to mistake them for sharks and freak out. I'll spot them at the edge of the screen or something and I'll jump out of my skin. And I'll probably do it half a dozen times before I remember they're just dolphins."

Edited by SonicFairy
I don't want to sound bossy or just plain mean, I'm just making my point. Sorry!

The devs said that (at least that's their current stance) they will not be adding sharks, same as they won't be making dolphins rideable - they even scratched the idea of holding onto the FINS. Probably because of the parrot vs cookies fiasco. The salt keeps going, overexaggerated as always.

Not like I mind the sharks not being officially in the game, I would honestly focus on introducing more fantasy creatures than things we can relate to in real life. That would not only make the game more interesting, but we would also avoid all the screaming like "OMG IT'S ENDANGERED, ANIMAL CRUELTY!!!" I want that red dragon that has been promised who knows how long ago.

On 5/9/2018 at 2:13 AM, SonicFairy said:

I READ THE BLOG. I know there's dolphins NOW, I was talking about a LATER version, like 1.14 or 2.0

There will be no such thing Minecraft 2.+ either. xD That would be a totaly new game coded from scratch. The proper numbering system will stay at 1.+ so you would even have a 1.2018 update at some point - assuming the development keeps going in theory for ages. Insane facts are insane.

Had a long hiatus from minecraft until I realised there was a Windows 10 version so I converted my old minecraft account to a Mojang one and jumped right back in. :) Am currently incredibly lost after learning how to ride a horse and wondering if i'll ever get back home after days of riding.

I played it a lot awhile ago when I was younger and then stopped playing after high school, and then picked it up again once I saw one of my friends playing it. Is it just me or did it get even more fun? :0 Not even just because I actually have a friend to play with, solo is even more fun as well!

Man, I want to try 1.13 so badly... but I absolutely need my mods and they haven't been updated yet. :( Oh well, 1.12 is really fun too, it's not a huge loss.

On 8/5/2018 at 9:31 PM, Sazandora said:

Man, I want to try 1.13 so badly... but I absolutely need my mods and they haven't been updated yet. :( Oh well, 1.12 is really fun too, it's not a huge loss.

This is also me. I have a serious project going on and I just cannot convert yet >< However, one of the optimizing mods, Optifine, is already out for 1.13: https://optifine.net/downloads.php

Now we wait for Forge... *stares*

This might be a little random, but what's up dudes! First time seeing this thread and thought it looked cool. Love Minecraft and want to be in a group that I can be Minecrafty with. Also this thread started in 2010 😲? Yeah...anyway, I hope I'm not butting in to bad.... excited to post here more!😆

(P.S. First post of 2019!!!! Happy New Year everybody!!!!!)

Wow, kinda sad to see that there hasn't been a post on here since Feb.

Has anyone tried the 1.14 update yet? My friends and I tried it on our own private server and the new raids are so much fun. If anyone is interested in playing with me and a few friends please feel free to message me! We love playing on public servers and have our own modded private server.

On 5/10/2018 at 8:20 AM, Orchi'dea said:

The devs said that (at least that's their current stance) they will not be adding sharks, same as they won't be making dolphins rideable - they even scratched the idea of holding onto the FINS. Probably because of the parrot vs cookies fiasco. The salt keeps going, overexaggerated as always.

Not like I mind the sharks not being officially in the game, I would honestly focus on introducing more fantasy creatures than things we can relate to in real life. That would not only make the game more interesting, but we would also avoid all the screaming like "OMG IT'S ENDANGERED, ANIMAL CRUELTY!!!" I want that red dragon that has been promised who knows how long ago.

I'm just glad we're avoiding a situation where sharks are unrealistically aggressive hostile mobs. Animals in games that attempt to kill you on sight always bugged me, since that's not how real animals behave. Plus, water is already challenging enough. :P

On 6/9/2019 at 3:44 PM, Sir_Tsukiko said:

Wow, kinda sad to see that there hasn't been a post on here since Feb.

Has anyone tried the 1.14 update yet? My friends and I tried it on our own private server and the new raids are so much fun. If anyone is interested in playing with me and a few friends please feel free to message me! We love playing on public servers and have our own modded private server.

Yeah we have a Realms server with 1.14. Pretty awesome. Also the old volunteers are still there without the villagers, free chops! 

On 6/20/2019 at 9:07 AM, Efernium said:

Yeah we have a Realms server with 1.14. Pretty awesome. Also the old volunteers are still there without the villagers, free chops! 

What exactly are realms? Are they similar to servers? 

On 6/22/2019 at 1:13 AM, PandaBearStorm129 said:

What exactly are realms? Are they similar to servers? 

Yeah, except only the server info is saved on Mojang servers. You also have to pay to keep a realm alive. Also realms don't have plugins. Think of LAN worlds but where anyone anywhere can join. There's a lot more but that's the jist of it.

I tried to open my own server and it was actually not different with single player. Only difference was access from multiplayer tab. XD