chickenhound

Minecraft!

I can't wait for Workbench to finally be done. (Workbench is Mojang's official Plugin API. Basically it will allow mod makers to make it so there's no ID conflicts between mods (which are now called 'Plugins' since, well, reasons.) because of a complete rewrite of the ID system. Pretty cool.)

On most single player worlds I'm nomadic TBH. I do t settle down I just move from place to place. It's pretty fun and with the modding API thing, The Yogscast can no longer say where's the modding API biggrin.gif

Does anyone mod and use the Fossils and Archaeology Revival mod? Needing help getting it on my PC and no one seems to want to help me on the forums. ._.

Ooohoho, where do I start?

I've been playing since 1.5.1. Ah, those were the days. My favorite update so far has gotta be 1.6 when the horses were added.

But the highest point in my entire Minecraft career was when I made a mod out of boredom. I had found a program that let me mod the game without much coding knowledge. Some of the items in the mod included overpowered, animated rainbow items that allow you to summon lightning at will.

Then this happened...

He had around 11 million subscribers at the time, and it got over a million views within a week. Let's just say that when I spotted it in my sub feed, it was the happiest moment of my life. Even

and
reviewed it.

As of this moment, the mod has been downloaded eighteen thousand, seven hundred and thirty-four times.

It happened way in January 2015, though, so the excitement has died down almost entirely.

Edited by Purpzie

I love playing and gathering materials, but recently, I can't seem to finish any base I start. Anyone know where I can learn to build proper, but creative, bases?

Just got into vanilla server mode, and wow can I say the people are less competitive than factions.

@Purpzie, wow that's a cool mod and story! Might download it to play it out when I get a better computer.

But the highest point in my entire Minecraft career was when I made a mod out of boredom. I had found a program that let me mod the game without much coding knowledge.

Was this program MC creator? dry.gif

I am very saddened to see the oldest server still running on mc on the same map has been destroyed because of someone posting a YouTube video mentioning the ip... It's been completely destroyed and all the "original players" have fled to the nether and have destroyed all nether portals and have caused no one to get any wood by destroying the scarce wood left on it..

However it's pretty darn fun leading people who are trying to murder you into the withers in the overworld and seeing them get blown up.

Edited by Jsward322

I tend to avoid servers - except the Disney one, that one was actually pretty fun - and stick to my own saves. Currently rebuilding a base I was really proud of after I lost the original save transferring to my new computer, whilst messing around with Pixelmon.

If you're on a private server run by people that you actually know, it's actually really fun. You're already friends so they're not likely going to grief you or steal your things and you can all work together to survive and explore.

Well, if I had a dollar for every time a get my house destroyed in a public server, I wouldn't know what to do with all that money, well, I would probably spend it on realms, so I can play peacefully with my brother.

Anyway, what do you guys think about the 1.10 update?

Ey, Sam, if you want to play on a private server for 2 people, you could always use Aternos. There might be a wait time during the busiest times of the day, but it's free and fairly good, world also gets saved.

My computer's too slow so I haven't been on Minecraft recently. Gonna check the update tomorrow maybe.

My favorite stuff in 1.10 is structure block. Village that added in 1.10(Zombie village etc.) was interesting. The update term reminds me the days in beta.

If you're on a private server run by people that you actually know, it's actually really fun. You're already friends so they're not likely going to grief you or steal your things and you can all work together to survive and explore.

Yeeeeeah, that depends on your friends. xd.png I used to have a small private server with some friends, and we spent more time griefing each other than anything else xd.png It was so much fun, logging in not knowing what shenanigans they'd got up to. And we always helped clean up afterwards, so there was never lasting damage. It was just all in good fun.

That said, we only did it because we knew each other well enough to know it was never malicious, it was just pranking. I play by the rules on other servers because when you play with strangers, what you might find funny could seriously upset someone else...

Yeeeeeah, that depends on your friends. xd.png I used to have a small private server with some friends, and we spent more time griefing each other than anything else xd.png It was so much fun, logging in not knowing what shenanigans they'd got up to. And we always helped clean up afterwards, so there was never lasting damage. It was just all in good fun.

That said, we only did it because we knew each other well enough to know it was never malicious, it was just pranking. I play by the rules on other servers because when you play with strangers, what you might find funny could seriously upset someone else...

lol Well, that also goes along with what I meant. If there is any "griefing" on a private server with friends it's all in good fun and they never did it maliciously, as you said. It's only on public servers you get people doing that stuff either because they can, or because they're just jerks or immature little brats who don't recognize the difference between right and wrong.

I love playing and gathering materials, but recently, I can't seem to finish any base I start. Anyone know where I can learn to build proper, but creative, bases?

Just got into vanilla server mode, and wow can I say the people are less competitive than factions.

@Purpzie, wow that's a cool mod and story! Might download it to play it out when I get a better computer.

I often return to voxel's guide to building. It's very good to get you started on building creatively.

Personally, I mostly play on 1.7.10 due to the multitude of mods available. smile.gif Which is why my private little server that I use for playing minecraft together with my daughter runs on that version, too. (Don't ever run the "ultimate unicorn mod" on a server, though. Using one of the winged horse varieties to fly automatically perma-banned the person doing the flying - despite flying being enabled in the server properties. And having a server for two people where one cannot get on any more is kind of not fun.)

In order to get all those blocks from updates beyond 1.7.10 (like prismarine, wood fences other than oak and so on), I use Et Futurum.

I'm really fond of some mods that help you with building - first and foremost Carpenter's Blocks and, in 2nd place, Chisel 2. For interior design, I usually have MrCrayfish's Furniture Mod and Decocraft installed. (Okay, so Decocraft is more or less thanks to my daughter...) Bibliocraft also adds some nice elements, including the ability to build stuff with any kind of material you can get your hands on. (Doesn't even need to be vanilla.)

For exploration, I usually run Biomes o' Plenty and ExtrabiomesXL. Both mods also add some nice biomes to the nether.

And, of course, natura.

All those mods run with minecraft forge, which is easy to install. And, yes, all mods mentioned above are compatible with each other. I also use some other mods, as well as have some that I used to play, but decided to discard for various reasons.

Edited by olympe

I've learned that my toshiba can't run Pixelmon...

Stupid 2007 computers ruining my fun why did I mess up my macbook

I have minecraft PE. I know it is outdated compared to the PC version but there are many more people working on it and it will catch up one day. smile.gif

First snapshot of 1.11 had been released. They said it will slightly bigger than 1.10 update. I'm not much in mod so I like frequent update rather than big update like 1.8 or 1.9

I've only just started playing 1.10, and that's only because the servers I like to play on are 1.10.

First snapshot of 1.11 had been released. They said it will slightly bigger than 1.10 update. I'm not much in mod so I like frequent update rather than big update like 1.8 or 1.9

It's really messing with the modding community.

Kind of a rant ahead...

They're probably updating it so much to STOP modders, and servers, and the updates of new launchers (like squid which lets you bypass blacklisted servers (because to hell with EULA) )

"EULA", in case you didn't know, was a thing Mojang started doing to Multiplayer servers, especially the ones with Donation stores (or "Pay To Win" servers, as they put it).

Basically, Mojang was salty because not enough people were buying their horrible "Realms" and instead, playing on, and donating to, multiplayer servers. So Mojangs answer to this was to blacklist these servers. Make them "unplayable" and stop the money going to these servers.

I don't think Mojang realises how expensive it is to host a multiplayer server. It's not "Pay To Win" it's a DONATION to the host, which helps keep the server online. You just, most of the time, get really cool perks in thanks >.<

But yeah, like I said about the updates -It honestly wouldn't surprise me. Especially now Minecraft isn't just a little game company anymore, it's owned by a huge enterprise who just care about the money - not about the customers playing the game anymore. :/

The EULA Does not prohibit donations completely, just those that sell in game content that affects game play. They can sell all the cosmetics they want.

Hatcraft.

What I thinking is update 1.8 and 1.9 was abnormal. Period between 1.9 and 1.10 was about three months and it doesn't that short comparing with period between major updates before 1.7.

Update related with minecraft realms were pointless for me neither.

Edited by sh20000sh

did they make the hitboxes on swords ridiculously small in the new updates or what... i never used to miss my swings this much

what is the mod pack that the yogscast are using for the lets play "druidZ" the new new one, I think downtown.....