chickenhound

Minecraft!

also, My friend Dakston and i created a Minecraft forum(besides the legitimate one) =D

((WARNING: ALMOST A CARBON COPY OF DC FORUMS))

Forum

Edited by Getpwned

I play minecraft just as a simple building game, not lava or zombies or anything.

Just this:

http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp

I made a clear tower (I couldn't save it) but I got some epic screenshots!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Yep biggrin.gif

*Waves*

I came here looking for a Minecraft thread, and there it is. xd.png

I can't really build that great of stuff, especially in Alpha, but I love playing it. biggrin.gif

I still play Creative, since freely building is great fun.

I've never tried to play Spleef, mostly because i'd probably suck and I never play on multiplayer. My favorite Youtube minecraft video is probably the one with flying piggies that has that 'Fly like an eagle" song. There's also a great series of tutorials (How to Survive and Thrive) I love watching for fun...

Edited by Switch

Creative is the free mode on the website. It's officially called classic.

xd.png I went through the Nether. Found a mountain with lots of huge trees and tons of tons of snow. ran out of torches to make my "torch path" back to my base (which wasn't anywhere near...) so I used one of those nether blocks and made an eternal fire... also burned the whole mountain i was on and it is still continuing through the map as far as I can see (even when I move I see more constantly) xd.png epic fail on my part. but funneh too! at least I didn't burn my house (which is why it's made out of rock) but teh good thing is, the fire from the trees that got burned are now bunches of eternal fire xd.png easy to find this place once I figure where I am in referrence to my base....

2nd time this happened, except the other one was in a different spot and not as big. I hope the fire stops soon for the tree's sake.

Pics or it didn't happen? :]

Belated:

http://www.gildedwings.net/lolminecraft/skytunnel.png

Lower left is where my house is. That long strip is the tunnel, 3x3 on the inside, one space between ceiling and the very highest buildable point, built with 26 cobblestone, 70 glass and 2 torches per section. At each end is a beacon topped with a 3x3 platform of stone, 16 torches and an everburning plank, with a halfstone spiral staircase going down its entire length, encased in glass. :3

Edited by Lythiaren

Oh holy dang.

Yeah, I play solo. cool.gif

Blegh, but I made a video of my boat, cause it would take too many pictures..

Waitin for it to finish uploading now, yes I realise that it has lagged sounds of me clicking and using my space bar, now I am not a power presser, it's just a sensitive/loud keyboard. But, if I had known it would use the sound from my mic, I would have made commentary. Sorry also that the quality is freaking horrible, I should improve that if I do another vid. :] Any suggestions on what do add? :]

I can do a full on "tour" of what I have made if you guys want also.

Edited by iPepsi

Belated:

Lower left is where my house is. That long strip is the tunnel, 3x3 on the inside, one space between ceiling and the very highest buildable point, built with 26 cobblestone, 70 glass and 2 torches per section. At each end is a beacon topped with a 3x3 platform of stone, 16 torches and an everburning plank, with a halfstone spiral staircase going down its entire length, encased in glass. :3

>BC OUR HOUSE.

In other news, I feel like going back into our first mine and making it conform-y to decent proportions or something.

Yis! Our house. What were you thinking of doing with the mine? Make it into an underground bunker maybe? =O

Also no chopping our underground trees k? :3

By the way, I may build my canal system of death over near the lavafall base. This of course depending on how the animals spawn when they get turned on again; there's a few caves nearby so...

Belated:

Lower left is where my house is. That long strip is the tunnel, 3x3 on the inside, one space between ceiling and the very highest buildable point, built with 26 cobblestone, 70 glass and 2 torches per section.  At each end is a beacon topped with a 3x3 platform of stone, 16 torches and an everburning plank, with a halfstone spiral staircase going down its entire length, encased in glass. :3

what server is that?

and how did you get that map of the world?

EDIT: is anybody else noticing the whole Nether blocks = 8 real-world blocks thing is in fact a load of crap? I had a portal whose bottom was at sea level in the real world, I went into the Nether, dug down for three blocks (which would be 24 blocks down in the real world) and going south for an assload. I came out at sea level North-West of my original portal, and the portal itself was facing a different direction.

Edited by Kjakings

He most likely has a cartographer. It does a big scale of what your map looks like, you can get them for alpha maps but it only does layer X layer. It's nice, but eh.

I can't ever a get a map thing to work (or anything else I download that seems like it would work) ... and can't find where my 'save's folder' is. I searched for it (on my mac) and doesn't seem to exist...

other than that- the nether: every portal I make in the real world goes to the same portal that was the first one I made that went to the nether. I was even on the other side of my world (really really far away) and it went to the same place. is that supposed to happen?

but on the other hand- when I make a portal in the nether it goes somewhere else and when I make one farther away from that one where it spit me out (like above) it goes to that same portal....

but any portal I make in the nether (actually make not that just pop up to spit me somewhere) goes to a different place, mostly random "caves" that are really just what i call 'airpockets' because they're so darn small and have nothing in them xd.png

Hey. I've just been watching the "X's adventures in Minecraft" videos and it's really, really awesome. I'm just wondering how much money it is to get it, in GBP.

You've got to make portals inside the nether, or that will happen.

thank you. now I know for next time.

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Nice Toaster! I have to use the original skin, I play a torrented version of minecraft cause my friends are boobs.

EDIT: Going to be buying Minecraft tomorrow. :3

Edited by iPepsi

EDIT: is anybody else noticing the whole Nether blocks = 8 real-world blocks thing is in fact a load of crap? I had a portal whose bottom was at sea level in the real world, I went into the Nether, dug down for three blocks (which would be 24 blocks down in the real world) and going south for an assload. I came out at sea level North-West of my original portal, and the portal itself was facing a different direction.

It's only X8 for horizontal distance, not vertical.

It's only X8 for horizontal distance, not vertical.

That would make sense if they hadn't gone south a whole ton and then popped out only a short distance in a completely different direction. :s

That would make sense if they hadn't gone south a whole ton and then popped out only a short distance in a completely different direction. :s

Your portals also get misplaced if they would come out in water, lava or a mountain.