Digidude123

Sonic the hedgehog

It's Sonic Xtreme all over again <3

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the trailer!

Aaaaa i've been replaying Sonic Advance 3 and man it's tricky. x.x I'm not sure if I'm just bad at it or if the game is hard. I never actually beat it in the first place. I'm probably just bad at it.

I'm on act 2 of Chaos Angel zone right now. :I For some reason I thought Cyber Track was the last zone and I got excited. But it's not.

edit: i have been informed this game is indeed hard

Edited by Switch

I'm an old-ish Sonic fan, he's my hero and always will be.

I grew up with Sonic games and the shows, always loved the character, always will.

Loved him since I was like, what, 3 years old?

22 now~

I generally stay away from topics like this, or any Sonic forums or communities, I just try to mention Sonic to anyone new I meet and hope they like him as much as I do. I'm tired of all the complaining about how Sega "ruined him" or "destroyed the franchise" or "all of the side characters suck" and "OH NOES HE HAS GREEN EYES IN SONIC 4" or "MEEHHH MAKE ALL SONIC GAMES LIKE SONIC 2 OR ANY NEW GAME AUTOMATICALLY SUCKS." (bloody retro nerds ><, don't get me wrong, I LOVE retro stuff, but have some flexibility, Sonic can't always live in the past people!) etc etc etc.

It's always wonderful to see another long time fan that doesn't complain about everything! <3

Probably been playing Sonic games for about as long, same age (22) too. I do have to admit I got very disappointed in the franchise around when Riders came out, I didn't have any interest in the racing Sonic games, and the level designs of the more 'normal' Sonic games after that kind of bugged me. I suppose I felt they started getting a little too gimmicky? I'm not sure. I can't place quite why I fell out with the series, but it wasn't any feeling of "it's new therefore it's bad". I did get extremely excited for Sonic 4, because I liked the idea of another side-scrolling Sonic game being made, and I loved Sonic Generations.

I'm really interested to see how this new game goes. The level designs look really fun and a nice fast pace.

As for the comics, I do love those. I don't understand the hate there, they're very well done, as far as I remember anyway. I haven't read any new issues in over four years.

Side characters are hit and miss for me. I like the ones that get development and unique personalities. I don't like the ones shoved into the game and given some one dimensional character trait that defines their entire being (Big the Cat for example).

My favorite Sonic game is probably Sonic 3 & Knuckles. It holds a lot of memories for me. c:

Edited by shikaru

Played various versions of sonic over the years, my favourite character is definitely tails though wub.gif

I like the way it's evolved over time too, it just seems to get more exciting as time goes by tongue.gif

I had played various version of sonic. My favorite was Sonic3&knuckles. I played that when I was 4 years old. And I am still playing it now;;;

Sonic The Hedgehog used to be the game I would play, like, all the time. 1,2,3,S&K, basically all of the 2-D sonics were great. When it went 3-D, I grew less and less fond of the franchise.

Sonic The Hedgehog used to be the game I would play, like, all the time. 1,2,3,S&K, basically all of the 2-D sonics were great. When it went 3-D, I grew less and less fond of the franchise.

I know a lot of 'old' platform fans that went right off the genre when it moved to 3D. It kinda lost something IMO.

I am grateful to my father for buying the first Sonic game on Mega Drive or Genesis. Since then I have been buying the next three games.

I spent my entire childhood obsessing over Sonic the Hedgehog. When the Gameboy Advance came out, my uncle bought me one along with Sonic Advance 3, and it very quickly became my favourite game.

(Maybe of all-time up til this very day...)

Also a kid I would binge-watch Sonic X. My favourite character was undoubtedly Charmy, since he pretty much personified everything I was as a child [

] but Rouge also holds a very dear place in my heart.

Sonic mania will be release in 2-3 weeks. Are there anyone who pre-ordered it or interested in it? It is new 2D sonic game XD

Sonic Mania is so gooooood, man oh man it is amazing. This is everything I wanted in a Sonic game since Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

I'm still not used to the level placement so I tend to die, a lot. I beat the game playing as Knuckles but I only got 3 of the 7 Emeralds. I'm definitely going to have to replay the game and get all of the Emeralds. 

On ‎2017‎년 ‎8‎월 ‎20‎일 at 5:05 PM, sh20000sh said:

In my case, I'm still waiting because I'm PC user :|

At least collector's edition had been delivered now... I should wait with playing sonic 1,,

I've been watching YouTubers play Sonic Mania and I must admit I'm warming up to the game. I thought it would just be a retread of the original games, but it's not! I may just have to get it on the Switch.

waiting on sonic mania's pc release but im glad it's doing so well. the more i see of forces the more unfortunately dubious im becoming of it... i was initially cautiously optimistic all the boost to 2d to boost to 2d stuff theyre doing again means im probably not picking it up....

Edited by Switch

I saw true ending of Sonic at Sonic Mania. And I'm doing this with Tails (currently in 11th zone - I'll not say its name - with 4 chaos emeralds.). And I currently got 24 gold medals and 7 silver medals on bonus stage.

Game is excellent, but I doubt this delay wasn't because of DRM at this point...

As I played enough, delay wasn't matter for me anymore. Only annoying point is problem that always occur when I play with Tails in FBZ.

Edited by sh20000sh

I am called the SONICFairy for a reason. Sonic is my lifelong favorite game series, Zelda being my second. Silver the Hedgehog will always be my 4ever fave

IMG_201705139_115026.png

Edited by SonicFairy

Played Sonic Mania plus recently. I think that is quite good DLC but I personally don't like that different color scheme on encore mode...

I know this thread is mega old but sonic is one of my hyperfixes and I LUV the games. Sadx is my favorite along with sa2, sonic 2, sonic 3 & knuckles, heroes, riders, colors, annnd unleashed. I cannot choose just one crush 40 tune bc I really love them all. They have perfected such a mind blowing string of instruments and lyrics. My fave CLASSIC tune would be Ice Cap Zone, Mystic Cave zone (2P), Carnival Night Zone (2P), or Metropolis Zone

(Also they should’ve brung Team Hooligan back in main series games instead of putting Team Chaotix in random places where they shouldn’t be!!)

Currently looking forward to Sonic Origins. Seems like this is part of the remake pack trend which 'Super Mario 3D All Stars' started. But I'm still expecting quality of Sonic Mania at least.

Sonic is epic. I've always loved the games and Sonic himself has always been an inspiring person to me. 

Unpopular opinion maybe, but I thought sonic forces was fun 😅

Does anyone else make Sonic original characters?

I played Sonic Origins bit. There are some issue but I like it. I personally like they used PC version music on Sonic 3&K. That was what exactly was in my childhood!

Edited by sh20000sh

4 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

I played Sonic Origins bit. There are some issue but I like it. I personally like they used PC version music on Sonic 3&K. That was what exactly was in my childhood!

That's awesome! I got it too and playing the games in order. Definitely a lot of fun, still wish Amy was added as a playable character though x-x

I love the Sonic games so much! Grew up playing the original on Genesis [even though Robotnik TERRIFIED me as a mini-me] and played so many of the games up to now! I like re-visiting the Adventure games now and then. They may not have aged terribly well, but the Chao Gardens will ALWAYS be my favorite parts of those games. I really wish Sega would bring them back in a future game!