Lhoris

Writing your own novel?

Have you ever tried writing a novel  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not really seriously writing a novel or anything, but I do write.

According to everyone at my writer's club, my best work is technically a sort of unfinished fanfiction I wrote. I would like to write a book sometime.

I'm trying to bring myself to actually prepare and go for this year's NaNo. Thinking about starting the planning already in summer, because I'm always slow with bigger projects and the next is my Master thesis year, so it would be good to be as prepared as I can without actually having written the story before November.

Finished 7. Longest one about 700 pages (book format). Trying hard to publish, thinking about self publishing. In the middle of working on the plot for my next. I couldn't finish NaNo for some reason. Too hard to say "Okay, you need to write this much in this time."

It's so hard to start a novel, but once you get into the awesome epic scenes with huge amounts of drama, it's okay.

I am three chapters away from the end.

Why can't I finish it. =|

Shoulda figured there was a topic for this haha. I've been working on three different ones. Each one has almost nothing in common with the others, so it helps me a bit with writing them. Because if I'm dry on one concept, I'm typically able to write in one of the other two.

Eh, I just write (kind of) short stories.

But someday I'd really like to try to create a novel if I ever have enough time.

I have two books of my own, (one of angels vs. demons, other about ghost tales) but they are not published yet.... dry.gif I have to admit that as a writter I'm never satisfied with the result, but if I keep waiting for them to be perfect I will never publish anything xd.png So now I'm trying with short stories to make myself more confident.

I wrote a 23 chapter HP fanfic... Not sure if that counts! LOL! But I'm still going to complete all seven years with Harry, Dudley, Tom, and Sal. And Godric shows up in third year. Giggles. Really though, I'd love to write a novel... But first I have to write my term papers. Groan.

I'm actually working on one that I started for NaNo a year or so ago. Mostly it needs an ending and polishing.

I'm crossing my fingers to finish it sometime within the next year. We'll see. smile.gif

I've actually written half a novel for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and I managed to reach the 50,000 word deadline by the end of the month! I didn't finish the whole thing during the contest, but I'm still working on it!

I've also been writing another novel, albeit slowly, that I have already posted two chapters of it on my Deviantart account. (which is under the same name as my DragCave account) I don't feel like typing about it in depth atm, but if someone asks I'll gladly explain.

I'm about 8 or9 chapters away from finishing my latest work, and meanwhile I'm finishing the edition of the other one. I'm hopeful to have both one by the end of the year.

I tried to do NaNo this year, but my innernet got all wonky, so I didn't. My major problem is writing conflict. I hate putting my characters in those kind of situations. And when I finally do it, I can't write it!

6 chapters into writing my own story . . . 22 handwritten pages. When I get to a mini-climax, POOF, there's five pages, but otherwise, progress is usually slow.

If I actually went back and finished everything I'd started I would have written at least five books. Everytime I start, I have great ideas for how I want it go, but then I get writer's block, and it's hard to keep going. For my first NaNoWriMo story, I'm writing out an outline and character descriptions and such, so hopefully it'll help.

I've tried writing a novel several times, but they were all failed attempts. sad.gif

It's usually because I'm not commited enough, or I end up not liking the idea. dry.gif

Tried NaNo last year in the YWP, unfortunately I didn't finish it. So I'm going to write the same thing, finish it before NaNo, and when it starts, add it in. (I don't care that it's cheating, so what tongue.gif)

~Cavey

I tried NaNoWriMo last year, but didn't have a good enough idea to get very far. I've got an idea now, though, and am going to flesh it out and then try and novelize it during this year's NaNo.

I'm very, very slowly working on a novel. Trouble is, after I get the first chapter written up, I then end up having trouble working out where I want the rest of the plot to go. I also have a bad habit of procrastinating, so most of my multi-chaptered works are unfinished.

i get this really great idea, i start writing, then i get another really great idea, i start writing, then i get another really great idea...i think you get my point. i can never finish anything. drives me crazy xd.png

I normally just like to write short stories about pretty much anything. Now, I'm writing a book based on one of my RPGs on Howrse.

Was working on a 120 page novel.. sort of a fan fic gone right. Oh, but then my computer's motherboard fried, so as far as I know those month's of work and memories are gone.

Started another.. yesterday, it's about dragons (surprise surprise) another fan fic to DC smile.gif

I'm writing a story... not really sure if it could be considered a novel though... or anything really. it's on my website in chapters, and I'm procrastinating a bunch xd.png

plus, I'm surprised no one actually just popped up and went howehkfgagajdegwhgtkjrhf to the plot like my head usually does... it goes left and then immediately up and then right before it went up again. it gets offtopic, my head, easily... very easily.