Lhoris

Writing your own novel?

Have you ever tried writing a novel  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Have a few novels finnished, but none of them published because my friends are a bunch of idiots and won't read them fast enough to make the corrections needed. I am quiet satisfied with my last one, and I think I'll try to get that one published.

Overall, it's 500 pages long.

That's just awesome, DragonNighthowler! :applauds:

I'm currently writing a novel at the moment that is sort of like Karen Kingsbury's books. It is about 22 pages long at the moment. Also, I am doing a few short stories just to experience with different types of writing.

I'm writing a novel. Actually a fanfic but...

It's about a girl who's sixteen and is fighting in WWIII. A man falls in love with her on her side, she falls in love with him. But then there's a man who kidnaps her that's fighting against her side and they fall into a true love.

It's 150 pages right now xd.png

I'm currently writing a sci-fi thriller about a girl who is haunted by the "evil" version of herself. The evil version of herself is from a different dimension (universe, the future, haven't decided yet) where all the "evil" versions of people are in control. The evil version of the girl is influencing the girl to go against her friends, betray her own values, and ruin how everyone sees her, so the girl will break down so the evil version can take control permanently. I haven't written much, but I have it all planned out.

Edited by xxForGoodxx

I have yet to finish my Nano, but when I do, it will be done!

Then I have to edit, rewrite, edit, rewrite, edit, rewrite and then maybe it will be semi decent enough to get published.

Maybe.

...I feel sad that I just now noticed the title says "writting" rather than "writing". X3

You can do eet Kanaye!

I'm working on my... uhh... 7th novel. The first one is in the publishing process and another 3 are in the editing process of the publishing process. I'm currently looking for a cover artist as well as a name for many of them.

One of them was inspired by DragCaveForums, you guys!, and is called "Life of a Mary Sue".

The novel I'm working on right now is about the zombie apocalypse with the main character names Nyx. I'm only on the first page (got writers block so quickly!)

My longest novel is about 750 pages and will probably not be published until I find a professional editor cheap.

I've tried to write like 10 novels, mostly about my dreams. But, you know dreams, their plots are too crazy and you forget them almost instantly. I'm currently trying to write one about some rats, but I probably won't finished even the fifth chapter.

I'm writing a fantasy. It doesn't have elves, the way humans came about was from a sort of evolution, and the names for the races I've made up are all derived from Greek, the name of the world I've created is Eagle's Nest in Greek. The names of the cities are each in random languages, Latin, German, Spanish, etc, and some are even in a made up dialect.

I like how it's going so far, even if I'm still making the basic shell of the world, and haven't even begun the plot.

I've tried a few times, all during NaNoWriMo. Never finished, or even got too close to being finished.

But I have the ideas, and now I have a start on a story.

I tend to write fantasy, it's what I'm best at. I'm better with short blurbs of stuff, though, so writing out a long story that's all connected and makes coherent sense is hard for me. I'm not even good at connecting my short stories, ahaha...

But some day, I hope to finish my stuff, and maybe even get published.

Edited by KageSora

I've written three, all courtesy of NaNo. My real problem is going back to edit the novels... D:

I do better without planning. I hate planning because the book will just run away from you anyway, so it seems useless to plan too much. x3

I'm currently working on a story, my first. I'm pretty much letting it write itself though. If I think, it becomes stale or I put too much in it. The most planning I did was names, and what it would be about. That was a couple years ago. xd.png You can read the progress in the original works area of these forums. I think it's going good at the moment but we shall see.

I was writing one last year that I was pretty excited about. And then I went and edited what I had some...and then edited it again... and then continued until I completely hated everything that I did with it and gave up on it entirely. x3

So now I'm trying to work on a more fantasy-based one, so hopefully that'll keep my interest. The first one was about two hundred pages, but it was still kind of in the beginning process. x3 This one is slowly catching up.

200pgs later, I ended up having too much to do and not enough time to carry on writing.

I have at least 6 stories on the go, and I have only finished two. They are MEGA short, though, only a few small pages long.

I think I am about half (maybe less) finished with the first draft of my novel. I have hit a very influential decision that will change the rest of the book completely and I just can't make up my mind.

Edited by Micropeep

I started one, but it`s hard to write. I am not even in the middle and I have lost inspiration. Hope to find it soon.

I've been writing novels since I was eleven... Even though I don't like to call them novels, since I know they aren't, they're just something I write because I love to do it in mine eyes... I've never in my life had problems to come up with something to write... My mind is never empty when it comes to ideas to new things.

Two days ago I started to write a new story (which I call "time traveler" right now, but I don't know if I should change it later) since I finished another story (called "a destiny written in blood") a few months ago. And as always I'm writing many stories at the same time, so I've two other "long" things that I'm writing right now too, and I also write short stories sometimes if I've something I just need to get out as fast as possible.

I've almost finished a short story collection which has run to over 50,000 words, so it's around the length of a short novel. Once that's all been done and edited, I'm going to go and re-start a novel I got halfway through writing last year. Hopefully I'll get it finished this time around, and it will be a lot better written.

I've just got to hope I don't get distracted by other, shinier ideas my brain comes up with. tongue.gif Right now it's telling me to write a horror short instead of doing anything sensible like a longer-length work.