Carnivorous M.

Describe-A-Dragon!

Ginerva the Fearless - Write that description!

(Added Nawto and Whispering Willowclaw to the list - she's named after her parents, by the way).

Open to suggestions, but might not take them. All dragons from Xaybec down currently lack descriptions.

(I'm having fun with this - can you tell?)

Anno Spellcharm is the Goldenmage Assembly's resident master of illusionary magic.  He's good-natured and energetic, full of boundless enthusiasm about his area of expertise, and possesses a love of pranks that rivals that of Ilnejal.  Other magi dragons sometimes scoff at his specialty, feeling it's not proper magic (like, say, weather-working or fire-casting), but few do it more than once.  A day spent dodging imaginary obstacles or flinching from one's worst nightmares made real is enough to make any but the most stubborn dragon reconsider an opinion.

Bonus:

Juorg is the sort who gives dragons a bad name - he's mean, cruel, and always nasty to any humans unlucky enough to approach too near his cave.  So far, all that has saved him from meeting his end at the hands of an enterprising dragonslayer is his skill with magic, but his luck could change if he ever has to face a powerful wizard.  As Juorg begins to expand his territory, other dragons are beginning to grow concerned about his bad reputation spreading to them, but even the trickster Orlaera can't get Juorg to change his ways.
Edited by Mathcat

Anno Spellcharm -- Write that description!

(I'm having fun, too. biggrin.gif)

Ah... I don't know Dx Unless you've got an idea, I just can't x3 (name comes from a place in Metroid Prime 2- same as Zebes, the Phendranas, and Light Aether).

I...do not know what a Metroid Prime 2 is. xd.png Sorry! What about Ali's Freeman? Write that description instead!

To keep things going: Singing Ninjas, write that description!

Mainly, how the heck does something get that name? xd.png

xd.png It involves an inside joke between me and my brother involving ninjas hiding amongst lily pads to deliver sing-a-grams. (Why yes, my family is insane. cool.gif) That should be a fun description to write -- I'll get on it as soon as I get my oceanography reading done...

Edited by Danne

Anno Spellcharm -- Write that description!

(I'm having fun, too. biggrin.gif)

I...do not know what a Metroid Prime 2 is. xd.png Sorry! What about Ali's Freeman? Write that description instead!

xd.png It involves an inside joke between me and my brother involving ninjas hiding amongst lily pads to deliver sing-a-grams. (Why yes, my family is insane. cool.gif) That should be a fun description to write -- I'll get on it as soon as I get my oceanography reading done...

A game xd.png And I've edited my post to include a list of dragons that simply will not be described/need prompts xd.png

Survivor Bill -- Write that description!

...Did I pick one that works this time? xd.png

Pending: Amya Darkfate, Fris Feylock, Ghost in the Shell, Mistress Muse, Sala and Saya, Singing Ninjas (not written yet but I'm workin' on it), Stranger in a Strange Land, Wandering Bloom

Taking suggestions!

ETA:

Abrenuk:

Abrenuk is a romantic.  He loves listening to epic ballads, heroic tales and heartfelt poetry, and the promise of such entertainment is one of the few things that can call him down from the sky.  Performed by human or dragon, on stage or in a quiet clearing, sung or spoken -- he doesn't care, so long as the words ring true.  One day, while tending to his favorite lake, Abrenuk found himself living such a tale when he saw a water dragon swimming beneath the surface of the water.  His heart captured, Abrenuk spent days mourning over the beautiful dragon.  When he finally worked up the courage to speak to her, he was delighted to find that she returned his feelings, having watched him flying through the skies above her.  The two are now happily mated with a young bluna daughter, Sten-ella, who is the pride of her father's life.
Edited by Danne

Abrenuk - Write that description!

Same as always - taking suggestions, but may not use them. Dragons from Xaybec on down don't have descriptions. (Yes, I'm working on the six pending suggestions).

Gisava and Nawto are two of the most unpleasant dragons Dragonhaven Island has ever known.  Gisava is slightly less destructive than her mate, which is rather like saying that one broken leg is less bad than two.  What she lacks in sheer brute force, though, she makes up for in cunning.  Gisava is very subtle and sly, and can spend weeks, or even months, looking for a way to cause harm to her chosen victim.

Bonus description:

Most coastal waverunners stick to arranging sand piles, but Keswir builds elaborate sand castles, which Dragonhaven Island's hatchlings then help him decorate with shells and seaweed.  Myrnekal first stumbled across Keswir on one of his expeditions, and suspects that the coastal waverunner might have been a contemporary of the Magehaven dragons (and possibly a test subject, which could explain his unusual artistic abilities).  Keswir is a very calm dragon who is never seen to get upset, even when flamingo dragons Nawto and Gisava have just kicked his latest creation to pieces.
Edited by Mathcat

Gisava - Write that description!

Open to Suggestions

I am not describing my Cheese/Golds/Silvers/Dinos at the moment. I have plans for them.

Firiea, Zabreila, and Treame all have pending descriptions.

A few of my dragons already have descriptions, make sure the one you chose doesn't please.

Goldie Draconis - Write that description!

Same as usual - open to descriptions, might not take them. Dragons from Xaybec down need descriptions.

Of the suggested dragons, Isgena, Nawto, Whispering Willowscale, Gisava, and bonus dragon Keswir all now have pending descriptions - earlier posts edited to reflect that.

Xaybec isn't especially fast or strong, and would probably have fallen victim to a predator long ago if it weren't for his glib tongue and extraordinary way with words.  He could sell electricity to a thunder dragon or lava to a magma, and on multiple occasions has successfully talked a vampire dragon out of attacking him.  Xaybec is charming enough that even dragons who know they are being fooled will still listen intently, and some even boast later on about being outwitted by the clever albino.
Edited by Mathcat

Xaybec -- Write that description!

(Because I felt bad that all the dragons above him have descriptions and he doesn't. sad.gif)

Dragons with pending descriptions: Abrenuk, Amya Darkfate, Fris Feylock, Ghost in the Shell, Mistress Muse, Sala and Saya, Singing Ninjas, Stranger in a Strange Land, Wandering Bloom

Taking suggestions!

Edit:

Summer Tales:

Summer Tales is lazy!  Friendly and cheerful, he's the perfect epitome of a hot summer day.  He spends most of his time lazing in the shade of his favorite willow tree, yawning and stretching and generally refusing to do anything productive.  He has a kind heart, though, and especially enjoys telling silly stories to young hatchlings.  This prevents other dragon from thinking too poorly of him, though they do wish he'd actually get up to help out sometimes.
Edited by Danne

Summer Tales - Write that description!

Open to suggestions, but might not take them. Dragons below (but no longer including) Xaybec lack descriptions. Currently working on Anno Spellcharm, Xamora, and Xaybec - all other requested descriptions have been posted.

Tulitha loves to fly, and always puts off necessary tasks so that she can spend a little longer in the air.  Except for flying, nothing brings Tulitha much pleasure, and she's wistful and melancholy when not airborne.  Tulitha only lands for food, sleep, or bad storms, and when grounded by weather mopes until clear skies return.
Edited by Mathcat

Tulitha - Write that Description!

Suggestion: She loves to fly and only lands to sleep.

I am not describing my Cheese/Golds/Silvers/Dinos at the moment. I have plans for them.

Firiea, Zabreila, Goldie Draconis and Treame all have pending descriptions.

A few of my dragons already have descriptions, make sure the one you chose doesn't please.

Edited by Kanaye

Valinton -- Write that description!

Pending descriptions: Abrenuk, Amya Darkfate, Fris Feylock, Ghost in the Shell, Mistress Muse, Sala and Saya, Singing Ninjas, Stranger in a Strange Land, Summer Tales, Wandering Bloom

ETA:

Ohrelin

Reclusive Ohrelin lives in an old, abandoned castle hidden in the shadow of a mountain.  Quiet, peaceful, but quick to anger, she prefers to stay in the castle and the surrounding area instead of socializing with humans or other dragons.  It is said that the castle is haunted, but if any ghosts share her abode, Ohrelin never admits to it.
Edited by Danne

Ohrelin - Write that description!

Open to suggestions, but might not take them. Dragons below Juorg lack descriptions. Of those already requested, only Xaybec and Tulitha still lack descriptions - previous posts have been updated to reflect that.

Every autumn, Barisk becomes Xamora's closest companion.  She's always willing to listen to the terrae's laments, even if she's never really understood why Xamora longs to be a different breed.  While Barisk is usually glad to go into hibernation, having grown quite tired of Xamora's complaints by that point, by the end of summer she finds herself missing her friend.
Edited by Mathcat

Barisk -- Write that description!

Pending descriptions: Abrenuk, Amya Darkfate, Fris Feylock, Ghost in the Shell, Mistress Muse, Ohrelin, Sala and Saya, Singing Ninjas, Stranger in a Strange Land, Summer Tales, Wandering Bloom

I'd love to take suggestions! I don't have ideas for most of my dragons, so any little prompt would be nice. smile.gif

ETA:

Lol, you actually picked one of the few dragons I did have plans for. That prompt was too good to waste, though, so I used it for another dragon. Here are them both:

So You Want:

Selfish, petty, and far too arrogant for his own good, So You Want is an obsessive hoarder, with collections ranging from magical antiquities to useless trinkets.  He lives to taunt other dragons, dangling his precious finds before them and then disappearing beneath the waves before they can react.  He would be horrified if any of them found out his deepest, darkest secret: that his most cherished possession isn't a powerful artifact or even an especially shiny bauble, but an extensive collection of old, worn out human socks!

You Can't Have:

You Can't Have is a pessimist.  He spent his childhood bullied by the aggressive females in his clan, completely destroying his sense of self esteem, and he is convinced that any dragon who can maintain a cheerful disposition is a liar or a fool.  This has put him at odds with a happy-go-lucky, prankster albino dragon named Ghost in the Shell, who loves to challenge his gloomy world view with long philosophical debates.  Ghost is convinced that there's a proud, strong dragon hidden inside YCH somewhere, but he has yet to believe her.
Edited by Danne

You Can't Have - write that description!

Prompt: You Can't Have is very selfish, and he likes to hoard...socks.

Alastriona Ivory has a pending description. Check other dragons to see if they have descriptions before telling me to write one. Taking suggestions.

Paiva is an odd character. She eats only freshwater fish, drinks only ocean water, and has a rock collection, to which she adds several times a day. Her favorite is the rose quartz, although she has many other, rarer stones in her hoard. Most of her collection lays scattered around her cave, but the rose quartz and a few gifts lay in specially-carved dimples in the cave wall that catch the light and make the crystals sparkle.
Edited by klinneah

Natadita Piava - Write that description!

Open to suggestions - Many dragons have pending descriptions, and several have accepted descriptions.

Pending are: Vatten Cavall, Rozalina, Big red dragon of love, Merci Reginea, Bingo and Trip, Lord Ruby, Lord Darby, La Homme... probably others I can't remember.

Lord Dark-Ember is a proud dragon. He has this arrogant way of looking down on others, and making them feel as though they are beneath him.

The only exception to this is Midnight, a female black dragon who he loves with all his heart and soul. He would do anything for her, and is he the most devoted dragon that can be imagined. His friends and fellow dragons are often inspired by his deep devotion, and all who know him hope to find a love so great as his for Midnight.

^Accepted already. Yay!

Edited by littleangelamy22

Lord Dark-Ember- Write that Description!

Sometimes a Potato has a pending description, the list of approved ones is too long. Just check. Will NOT describe dragons without names/are part of a song. Suggestions very welcome, and are in fact wanted- I'm running on fumes for ideas.

Poisoned Dove - Write that description! (Yes, he's on the list, but doesn't have an asterisk).

Poisoned Dove - connotations of false peace. Giver of deceptively helpful advice, perhaps? Acts friendly, intends to harm? Spreads discord while pretending to be helpful? Calm exterior hides a venomous interior?

As for me, I'm open to suggestions (especially for skywings and most of the magis), but might not take them. Dragons below Barisk on my scroll lack descriptions.

Edit: The suggestion didn't quite work for Zanlir, but I've adapted it for another magi (and might adapt it again for a third - watch this post).

One of the accepted truths at Dragonhaven Island is that fosterlings almost always leave without a backward glance once fully grown, never giving their former home another thought.  Zanlir, though, represents one of the few exceptions.  His father was one of the first hatchlings to be taken in by Kalazor and Flora, and while he too left once fully fledged, the stories he told inspired Zanlir to seek out Dragonhaven Island.  Despite some initial friction with Myrnekal and Henley Hornbrook, who both viewed him as potential competition, Zanlir has settled in well, finding a place as hunter and guardian.  While occasionally too impulsive for his own good, Zanlir usually has sense enough to get himself out of trouble, but occasionally needs the help of Kalazor or Zalkos.

Fymku is an incredibly selfless and altruistic magi, always willing to use his magic to do whatever he can to help.  Unfortunately, he's also an astoundingly incompetent magic-worker.  His firestarting spells give bystanders third-degree burns, his levitation spells work too well, involve spectators, and fail abruptly, and the less said about his attempts at healing, the better (all the local white dragons have nightmares about being asked to fix his mistakes).  Possessed of unquenchable optimism, Fymku is sure that next time his spells are certain to succeed (though they never do), and since he also refuses to take no for an answer, local dragons are very careful never to talk about their problems when he's around.
Edited by Mathcat

Zanlir -- Write that description!

Suggestion, if you'd like: Magi dragons are renown for their magical abilities. This dragon, however, has a problem with magic. Maybe none of his spells come out right, or maybe there's just one goal he's trying to reach and can't obtain, but something is preventing him from being the great sorcerer he feels he was born to be.

Pending descriptions: Abrenuk, Amya Darkfate, Fris Feylock, Ghost in the Shell, Mistress Muse, Ohrelin, Sala and Saya, Singing Ninjas, So You Want, Stranger in a Strange Land, Summer Tales, Wandering Bloom, You Can't Have

Suggestions would be lovely. smile.gif I have a few vague ideas for some of them but no plans for most, so feel free to get creative!

Edit: Ooh, this one was fun to write!

Doubting Angels Fall:

Through sinuous shadows, softly she creeps, silent as the day she died.  Some claim she was a blessed angel, glorious with grace and loved by all, until the day she fell to ruin and despair.  Others scoff, and say she was naught but a seasonal dragon, that her pale scales once shone a happy green in the bright warmth of summer, that she was the victim of a terrible crime and thusly should be pitied.  Regardless of the truth, one would be wise to avoid dark alleys when she's in town.
Edited by Danne

Doubting Angels Fall - Write that description!

Prompt: DAF is rumored to have been an angel in a long-ago past, but unfortunate circumstances caused her eviction from her cloudy home.

Pending descriptions: Alastriona Ivory, Natadita Paiva. Take a look at the frozen hatchlings at the bottom of my scroll - I'd love some ideas for them!

Ruth is an incredibly clumsy thing, always tripping over herself and running into walls. Despite (or perhaps because of) this annoying flaw, Ruth is extremely skilled in healing magic, specializing in broken bones and torn wings. She ends most days exhausted, usually from healing her own bruises and scrapes, and thus almost never has energy to heal others.
Edited by klinneah

One frozen hatchling suggestion coming up! biggrin.gif

Ja'xom's Ruth -- Write that description!

This hatchling is incredibly clumsy! At the same time, it (she?) also has extremely powerful healing magic (perhaps such that she was frozen to prevent the magic from growing too fast and hurting her?). How do these two traits combine? What antics does she get up to?

Pending descriptions: Abrenuk, Amya Darkfate, Doubting Angels Fall, Fris Feylock, Ghost in the Shell, Mistress Muse, Ohrelin, Sala and Saya, Singing Ninjas, So You Want, Stranger in a Strange Land, Summer Tales, Wandering Bloom, You Can't Have

Suggestions would be lovely. smile.gif

Edit: This one gave me some trouble, but I think it turned out okay. Here 'tis!

Klytos Redcloud:

Klytos Redcloud has a gentle heart.  He longs to be a father, and he feels bittersweet joy in helping to care for the eggs and hatchlings in his clan.  A hopeless romantic, he is also prone to falling in love with beautiful, unobtainable female dragons, pining after them for a few weeks before finally succumbing to heartbreak; the cycle then begins anew with the next pretty face who catches his eye.  When it comes down to it, Klytos is just lonely, longing for a loving mate and a child of his own.
Edited by Danne

Klytos Redcloud - Write that description!

Suggestion: He does'nt have any children, so maybe something to do with that? Maybe he's lonely as he can't find a mate?

Franzose the Frog was named because she would much rather be a frog than a bright breasted wyvern. She loves the water, and is seldom found far from it. She acts very similar to a frog, always happily bouncing around near the water's edge, and gleefully splashing the other hatchlings.

Once, when Franzose was a much smaller hatchling, she managed to get herself stuck in water-reeds, but thankfully she was small enough to wriggle her way out. Since then, Franzose knew that she never wanted to grow up so she could stay small and play in the water forever, without fear of being too big and getting stuck.

^Probably needs crits. Seems bad to me. Meh.

Franzose the Frog -- Write that description!

You didn't say if you were looking for suggestions or not, but here's one if you'd like one: She was named because she loves water! This can sometimes be problematic or even dangerous, and there's one event in particular that really left an impact. What is it?

Pending descriptions: Abrenuk, Amya Darkfate, Doubting Angels Fall, Ghost in the Shell, Klytos Redcloud, Mistress Muse, Sala and Saya, Singing Ninjas, So You Want, Stranger in a Strange Land, Summer Tales, Wandering Bloom, You Can't Have

A couple of my dragons already have descriptions, so be sure to check! I have a few ideas for some of my dragonsm but no clue what to write about for most, so suggestions would be lovely. smile.gif Even if you pick one I've got plans for, I'll definitely use a suggestion for one of my other dragons!

ETA:

Light Little Lilly:

When Lilly was born, she gave her parents a terrible fright.  The curious little hatchling somehow managed to climb onto the belly of a passing balloon dragon, Aarti, and she weighed so little that at first he didn't even notice her presence.  Hours later, her frantic parents finally found her curled up under his chin, sound asleep, with cheerful Aarti chortling over how the wingless hatchling had found a way to fly.  Her parents never quire forgave Aarti for this, but nevertheless he and Lilly have become fast friends.  Lilly is now excellent at flying, but she still enjoys riding around on Aarti's belly as he gently floats on the wind.
Edited by Danne

Light Little Lilly - Write that description!

Suggestion - Her name is Light Little Lilly so maybe there was an incident as a hatchling where she floated away (being too light) and had to be returned to the cave, or maybe she's attracted to bright lights like a bug.

Please check if the dragon you're reviewing has a description already, a fair few do. Also, many have pending descriptions, can't think of them all now, but they include: Vatten Cavall, Rozalina, Big red dragon of love, Merci Reginea, Bingo and Trip, Lord Ruby, Lord Darby, La Homme, Franzose the frog... and others I can't remember.

The prince of Ice feels like a traitor in so many ways. He's not a prince, so why should he be called one? He's not an ice dragon either, so why 'of Ice'? It doesn't make sense to him, his name is full of things that his poor wintry mind cannot understand.

Many other dragons find him incredibly frosty, something he blames on his huge inability to understand the world around him. He doesn't even understand his mate, the Lady Angelina, although the one thing he does know, and he does understand, is that he loves her dearly, with all his wintry heart.

^Done. Also by doing that I released I originally gave his mate the wrong name.. but it doesn't matter hugely.

o Cloudhopper o -- write that description!

A suggestion, if you'd like one: His name makes him sound very playful. Something to do with that, perhaps?

Pending descriptions: Abrenuk, Amya Darkfate, Doubting Angels Fall, Ghost in the Shell, Klytos Redcloud, Light Little Lilly, Mistress Muse, Sala and Saya, Singing Ninjas, So You Want, Stranger in a Strange Land, Summer Tales, Wandering Bloom, You Can't Have

A couple of my dragons already have descriptions, so be sure to check! I have a few ideas for some of them, but no clue what to write about for most, so suggestions would be lovely. happy.gif Even if you pick one I've got plans for, I'll definitely use a suggestion for one of my other dragons!

Edit: Whittling away the last half hour 'til Halloween by getting this done. laugh.gif

Stripes are my favorites. wub.gif Dawn's part of a PB lineage project I'm working on. It'll be preeetttty when it's done!

Revealing Dawn:

Dawn was horribly teased as a child because the other hatchlings felt that he'd been given a girl's name.  Oddly enough, Dawn never really seemed to notice.  Ever since he first peeked his head out from his egg, Dawn has been lost in his own little world.  He is extremely curious, but also very absentminded, and is prone to wandering off in the middle of a conversation in order to follow his most recent interesting thought.  He is also a little gullible, which makes it easy for malicious dragons to take advantage of him.  Despite this, he maintains a trusting, happy-go-lucky nature, and he truly believes the best of any and every dragon and human he meets.

...Huh. I think I just woobified my dragon. xd.png

Edited by Danne