prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

Blah... half a month left... and I have 17K words...

*headdesks from all of my classes deciding to test this week*

-K-

Blah, half the month gone and I haven't felt any inspiration or urge to write. All my ideas flew out the window too. This doesn't bode well for me actually finishing this year. :-/

So, I'm just under 3k...

Then again, I did only start last week and had only one night off!

Blah, half the month gone and I haven't felt any inspiration or urge to write. All my ideas flew out the window too. This doesn't bode well for me actually finishing this year. :-/

It's not about inspiration, it's about time and plotbunnies! Get to it!

It's not about inspiration, it's about time and plotbunnies! Get to it!

Or about just sitting down, picking a topic vaguely related to your plot, and pounding up the word count.

For example, Chapter 2 of my novel has clocked in at over 10k, most of which is the POV character in that chapter rambling on mentally about the technology level of the USA in 2034 and the nature of the secret government department she works for. All of which is going to be chopped out of the final edit, or yanked out and reinserted in bits and pieces elsewhere throughout the book... but that's not the point. The point is to hit 50k using any dirty trick I can come up with. (And yes, that includes going into detail about the history of the Eye2, Ear2, and Speak2 implants and how they've encouraged people to become more and more withdrawn from their fellow human beings. I got almost 2k out of that alone. Pointless factoids FTW!)

Wrote my acknowledgments; everyone on the DC forums got a nice thank you!

Agh, reached a point in my plot where everything is just plain BORING :/

Don't have inspiration to keep writing.

Wrote my acknowledgments; everyone on the DC forums got a nice thank you!

Are acknowledgements and references counted in the word count, or are they separate?

Also, I'm thinking about adding footnotes when I edit after this month... I have so much terminology, that I'd hate to ruin the flow with descriptions... plus I can add fun facts... tongue.gif

-K-

Are acknowledgements and references counted in the word count, or are they separate?

Also, I'm thinking about adding footnotes when I edit after this month... I have so much terminology, that I'd hate to ruin the flow with descriptions... plus I can add fun facts... tongue.gif

-K-

I'm counting it; it's technically part of my book. tongue.gif

-K-

This topic on the NaNo forums tells you what can count in the wordcout and what shouldn't.

Looking over it again, I just realized I can totally get a few hundred words with a nice glossary, since I'm using things that are only really applicable to my story.

I DON'T CARE IF YOU CAN FIGURE OUT WHAT AND AFTER FORM IS FROM CONTEXT. It's free words! biggrin.gifxd.png

And I finally broke 11k. xd.png

Aand, I think I'll be quiting tonight after I hit 18k. I do have to be to work at insane o'clock tomorrow morning. I'll get more done tomorrow after work.

So. Started my third book/novella today. It's really annoying; my first "book" turned out to be a 20,000 word novella (and that's with all the unplanned stuff), and my second turned out to be a 10,000 word short story. Urgh.

I'm about 3000 words ahead of the game. Spent today's session writing a long passage on the "Holy Trinity" of tech in my world. Tomorrow, who knows what'll come out?

I just wrote 3K words in an hour and a half. I've finally broken 20K, and I'm hoping to get to 25K tonight...

*goes back to typing*

-K-

I hate coming home from work and only having an hour to an hour and a half to get done all that I need to do at night.

But at least I don't have to be there at insane o'clock tomorrow.

Bleah, I wish my characters would give me more to work with. Then I could get more done.. At least next week I don't have any early shifts at work.

I am now over 20k. Need to get more done.

/restrains self from reading through the last 7 pages of this thread

Just got back from the school trip. I have 33752 words to write in 9 days. I will do this.