prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

i started yesterday....so late, have to write my butt off....pretty good though, mine's about an upperclass women demoted to a servant, lots of metaphors -D

Currently I'm at 15,205. I'm planning to get caught up by the end of the night, since I only need to write 1,462 more words to be done for today.

@Bourne151--I do have one, but I admit I'm a little bit wary of writing in a location other than at my computer, ahahah...  I have a tendency to lose things.  xd.png

As for my plot hole...  Well, one of the main characters gets a text message from 'Unknown Number' that just says "End." about 2 minutes before he's hit by a car.  I have no characters who would be able to give him this message and no reason he would get it at all, lol.  xd.png  I just need to come up with a reason for it.  But maybe it will just all fall into place on it's own?

Boy, this threads gotten huge. blink.gif

Yeah, I saw that in your Novel Info, great beginning.

@98Hime, great to know I'm not the only one! I'm trying to make myself try another idea out tonight. Hopefully, it'll work.

Edited by Bourne151

Also, finally got that meme worked in just now. x3

YES! <3

At last count a day or two ago, at least twelve people had stuck that into their story. :D

YES! <3

At last count a day or two ago, at least twelve people had stuck that into their story. biggrin.gif

What meme? /has not been frequenting the forums

I hit 20k! YUUUUUUUUSSSS! >:]

EDIT:

@Sock I'LL DO IT.

Edited by 7hippo7

I don't trust this link. The last time I clicked a link from you, I was WriRolled. xd.png *uses search feature to search for topic* Oh, okay, it's safe to click... xd.png

Hmmm... I dunno, I might do something like that. I'm hoping to add a passing mention of a story where "shovels are the only weapons people have", personally. xd.png

So, I was typing up my NaNo, right? Then, like... I was typing "from the ground"

Instead, I typed the game. GAH.

Edited by KageSora

I don't trust this link. The last time I clicked a link from you, I was WriRolled. xd.png *uses search feature to search for topic* Oh, okay, it's safe to click... xd.png

Hmmm... I dunno, I might do something like that. I'm hoping to add a passing mention of a story where "shovels are the only weapons people have", personally. xd.png

So, I was typing up my NaNo, right? Then, like... I was typing "from the ground"

Instead, I typed the game. GAH.

Lol! That was only once. Hater. :B

*sigh* You added in that game reference just to get me back, didn't you? D:

EDIT:

@Sock I'LL DO IT.

YES!

And congrats on 20k! :3

@Sock: Sure, I think I can do that. One of my poor characters needs the food anyways.

And also! I've caught up! YAY!!!

Edited by cocoaloco

Lol! That was only once. Hater. :B

*sigh* You added in that game reference just to get me back, didn't you? D:

EDIT:

@Sock I'LL DO IT.

YES!

And congrats on 20k! :3

Ahaha, no, I just wanted everybody else to share my pain. biggrin.gif

And I've started typing up the final scene of my story! I'm nowhere near the end, but it's just there in my head so I wanna type it ASAP so I don't lose it--since I have nothing to do once class gets out! biggrin.gif All day to write! ..I'll probably barely get anything done. *brick'd* I'm finally at 7k!

Hey, anybody know of a program with a word counter that's more accurate with NaNo's than Word's is? I'm missing like 7 words between them, and that's no fun.

Wow, I just seem to get further and further behind.. Since I only write 6 days out of the week, I should get about 2k a day, so I should be around 20k right now, I'm between 10 and 11k right now..

Hopefully the next chapter will help me.

I didn't write anything today and I was already behind and I don't know how much I'll write tomorrow and ;O;

Hey, anybody know of a program with a word counter that's more accurate with NaNo's than Word's is? I'm missing like 7 words between them, and that's no fun.

I have a sneaking suspicion with my novel that the thing that's throwing it off is hyphenated words and phrases. For right now, I'm going to just keep putting in the word count, since I should hit 50k with a few days to spare. When was the last time I stopped at 50k words, anyway? blink.gif

I have a sneaking suspicion with my novel that the thing that's throwing it off is hyphenated words and phrases.  For right now, I'm going to just keep putting in the word count, since I should hit 50k with a few days to spare.  When was the last time I stopped at 50k words, anyway?  blink.gif

Word doesn't count hyphenated words as 2 words, I just checked, and neither does NaNo. So I'm really not sure where it's getting the different words from... But I guess I'll just validate ever time I finish writing for a while and try to write more than 50k. Not sure if I'll hit that, but I'm doing better than ever before, so... :3

Oh hay, I broke 8k! biggrin.gif Now I'm just like 10k behind. xd.png

Edited by KageSora

o.o g'luck, KageSora.

19K plus so. Darn thing counts me as lagging behind >.> Timezones, man, count my timezone! It's still yesterday!

o.o g'luck, KageSora.

19K plus so. Darn thing counts me as lagging behind >.> Timezones, man, count my timezone! It's still yesterday!

Hahah, it's my fault for not writing as much as I should. xd.png

But I've got a plan now, and I think I've finally hit my stride--I cranked out a pretty good number of words in a rather short time, for me at least. Since I beat my 'number of words needed to write per day to finish on time' yesterday by at least 300, I figure if I keep going like this I'll be fine. xd.png

Besides, I'm doing better this year than ever before, so, ahaha... xd.png

Sadly, it looks like my gallbladder surgery is taking me out of the running for NaNo this year. I'm only at 5200 words and I really don't want to push myself while my body's recovering.

Good luck to the rest of you, though!

Sadly, it looks like my gallbladder surgery is taking me out of the running for NaNo this year. I'm only at 5200 words and I really don't want to push myself while my body's recovering.

Good luck to the rest of you, though!

It might not be so bad. Really, the worst part of that would be the pain meds keeping you a bit out of it. But even that's not that bad. Or at least it wasn't for me.

I had surgery to remove mine a few years ago, and it wasn't so bad. You might be able to keep writing. But good luck with your surgery! Hopefully the recovery will be swift and easy!

more on-topic:

Wheee! I finished writing the end of my story, plus the epilogue, Now to actually finish teh main part of it, ahahah... xd.png

Congrats KageSora!!!!

I myself have reached 46,151 words this morning and still have not done todays goal yet... I hope to finish either today or tomorrow. I am so close to ending my story. (I think....) smile.gif

Word doesn't count hyphenated words as 2 words, I just checked, and neither does NaNo. So I'm really not sure where it's getting the different words from... But I guess I'll just validate ever time I finish writing for a while and try to write more than 50k. Not sure if I'll hit that, but I'm doing better than ever before, so... :3

Oh hay, I broke 8k! biggrin.gif Now I'm just like 10k behind. xd.png

I wasn't sure about Word itself, as I haven't used it in literally years (I use OpenOffice, and the last time I used the NaNo validator, my discrepancy was over 1000 words ohmy.gif, so it's probably over 2000 now) So I'm going to write the story itself to be at least 50k words, and then the prologue/dedication page.

Now I need to get back on the ball. I'm doing well enough that I've set myself a goal of being done by Thanksgiving.

Open Office uses a smart quotes function where it replaces the opening quote with a symbol which it counts as a word. So you get an extra word for every single instance of dialogue. You can toggle the smart quotes off, but it won't replace those already in the text.