prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

I'm not only all in again this year, I'm the new ML for my region besides!

Going to do a rebuild of last year's project; the intended couple just didn't click no matter what I told them to do, so instead, he's going to be even more of a jerk than simply doing a runner and she'll eventually find happiness with one of his friends. Last year was the first time I'd hit goal but hated what I'd written. Not just, "Oh that writing has so many mistakes that need edits," but actual, "This is complete crap that isn't entertaining to read!" I think I've figured out the fix, as long as all the characters cooperate with my ideas. :-)

It's currently 7 minutes into NaNo in my timezone, I haven't written a word, and I literally have no clue what to write. Got a sorta-idea a couple days ago, based on an old dream I remembered, but right now I'm honestly just not feeling it at all. I'm going to be *really* pissed if I end up shirking NaNo because I can't get motivated, but... Ugh.

Anyone else participating in 2018??? I sure am! Can't wait to go! Still a whole day left before I can begin. Ugh. I have my entire story mapped out, now just gotta pray the characters cooperate!

Edited by Princess Kiara

I am. I won't be able to reach 50k this year due to my workload for college. But I'm starting with a basic aim at 10k and then I'll go from there as I pass that; if I do.

Myself, I'm a pantser far more than I am a planner. 

I'm participating this year. I use Word Count Dragons (basically, you come up with a dragon that "eats words" to give you an incentive to write) and I gave some of my dragons descriptions based off that idea. I have 3 frozen hatchlings, all of which have a goal they want me to complete. My Grave boy wants nightly writing, my Witchlight young lady wants 1000 words a day, and my Cavern Lurker girlie wants 30 minutes of writing a day.

My prep is outlining what I want to happen in each chapter and making characters in the Sims. 

Edited by sbld

On 11/1/2018 at 2:26 AM, sbld said:

I'm participating this year. I use Word Count Dragons (basically, you come up with a dragon that "eats words" to give you an incentive to write) and I gave some of my dragons descriptions based off that idea. I have 3 frozen hatchlings, all of which have a goal they want me to complete. My Grave boy wants nightly writing, my Witchlight young lady wants 1000 words a day, and my Cavern Lurker girlie wants 30 minutes of writing a day.

My prep is outlining what I want to happen in each chapter and making characters in the Sims. 

This is such a cool idea! :D

Myself, I'm shooting for the 50k! Now that I'm 10k in, I guess I actually need to figure out a plot for my characters to go on, haha.

Getting to be that time again, just a couple of weeks to go! Anyone else NaNo-ing this year?

I'm going to write fanfic this year. Joined a Facebook group suggested by one of my favorite Harry Potter fanfic authors and a couple of asking-for-fic-recs posts released a plot bunny.

*Raises hands*
I am :D I don't know if I'm going to shoot for the 50k but I plan to do my best :V I'm super excited to have a gander at the new site and see how it runs during NaNo. Hopefully, I'll come that much closer to finishing the first draft of a manuscript I've been working on for a couple years now; the story keeps changing and evolving which demanded rewrites.

I'm a suuuuper slow writer, so I've never participated in NaNo, but I'm sooooo close to being finished with a book I've been working on on-and-off for a few years now.  Might use it as an excuse to have a deadline for those last few pages!  Good luck to all you crazy talented folks who can pull it off (or are at least giving it your best shot)!

then I'll just have to spend the next few years doing rewrites and edits aha.  sequel? whats a sequel?

May the muses dance, the plot bunnies multiply, and the words flow! Wishing all the fun, caffeine, and happy writing to everyone participating in NaNoWriMo this year!

Since I got a new home computer, I'm giving this year a go!! Gonna do a rewrite of a previous Nano since I have more details ironed out now. But definitely not going to stress myself over it!

For all who have participated, I hope the words flowed easily!

I hit my 50K a couple days ago, although only one short and silly fic is actually complete. I discovered that I had a much easier time hitting my daily word counts by working on multiple projects, so that when I got stuck on one, I could work on another while waiting for the solution to the stuck bit to shake loose from the back of my mind. Going to a lot of write-ins helped, too, as it's far too easy for me to get distracted by kitties jumping on the keyboard when I'm writing at home. 😆

hi! why did i not look for a NaNo thread here too?

i've been doing NaNo since 2011 (minus 2015) and i finished this year too - it was related to last year's.  the link for this years is my Tales from Odrea link in my sig. :) 

*waves hi to everyone*