prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

Pffft... who needs antagonists? >_>

This.

My story initially had an antagonist, but now I'm really not sure that he has any use, and I moved on to just the concept of international culture shock and some values derived from my studies.

I started two novels last year during a contest like this one, but never submitted them nor did I finish. I would love to manage this but doubt I will have the time. One can always hope...

Maybe next year. I only heard about it this year, but I'm going to be far too busy to enter anything more than a couple thousand words into anything.

Oh thank god this thread is here, I can use it as motivation to get off my lazy ass and actually plan. I'm so upset that I don't already have an idea. D:

Anyway, here's my profile. ADD ME, DAMN YOU. Although I do have some of you added from last year:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/101449

I've written sci-fi for the last 3 years (and science-fantasy/paranormal for the other two) so I will probably go that route again when I do finally think up a plot. I can't seem to get away from that, which isn't bad because it's a fun genre. You can be so ridiculous in a sci-fi novel, it's wonderful.

Last year I won NaNo less than halfway through the month, which NEVER happened before since I was always a huge procrastinator. I fell in love with last year's novel and I'm actually still working on it at over 100k+. Hopefully something similar will happen this year, because it feels good not to have to crunch, say, 10k into the last day of writing, ahem... yeah. Anyway. NaNo is awesome. Yes.

After much heckling from a friend...I'm going to go for it this year. tongue.gif

I've got a couple ideas that I'm toying with, but nothing set so I'm hesitant to post at this time. Should be interesting to see how far I get - gonna go for the gusto, though!

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/654075

I'm in again this year smile.gif

Who needs good exam marks, there is a novel of questionable qualilty to write!

I'm doing it this year for the first time.

I was going to do it last year, but I forgot (and I also didn't know there was an official website....).

I have a question, does anyone know anything about the createspace thing for the winners, getting a free proof copy of your novel? It sounds really awesome but I'm inclined to be skeptical...

I'm planning on doing a science fiction story about a guy in a noble house. Pretty standard plot I guess, but I'm hoping to mess it up a bit. wink.gif

Hm, this is the first year I'm going to do it. But I am going to do it this year for the first time.

Probably not doing Nano, since I'm already working on a novel. Last year I did so abysmally...I only managed 900-some words... :/

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/523030 <- me, of course.

If I can maybe manage to shut up my other novel's MC, I might try for something this year, but I'm not really planning on that...

I tried to participate last year, but got sidetracked... I'm planning on trying again this year, and it'll probably be fantasy. I like writing fantasy. biggrin.gif

Ack! i forgot about it compleatly! *freaks out and tries to think of idea*

this would be my second year, i totally failed last year >>;

Pffft... who needs antagonists? >_>

I'm no good at working without at least an idea of one, though this time I'm thinking of trying a group causing problems, but even taking them down doesn't remove the root issue, which isn't caused by any one person or group but by the general state of the world.

Oh, hay, I forgot to link my profile. xd.png

Hahah, I wonder how many words I'll manage this year? If I get over 4k, that's a new record for me... I'll probably not even get 1k, though, knowing my track record... BUT I SHALL TRY! xd.png

This.

My story initially had an antagonist, but now I'm really not sure that he has any use, and I moved on to just the concept of international culture shock and some values derived from my studies.

Actually, I think the story I'm writing now is the first one with a true, solid antagonist. Actually, there are two, but neither of them are revealed until the end.

In my other stories, the main character is the villain, or everyone else is. >_> In the story I wrote last year, the villain took turns between the three main characters. If the story was focusing on Araya, the two-headed monster was the bad guy - if it was Urad (one head) it was Daru and Araya. If it was Daru, it was Araya. So yeah.

Also, your story is fuggin awesome, it sounds like. biggrin.gif

KageSora: I love the Sandshrew icon. smile.gif

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/658901 < Mine. So I take it I'm the only one who filled out novel info? o_o;

mindzeye: Gl!

Edited by Zovesta

I have a summary, title and book cover for mine. I am Elven Princess on there.

I have a summary, title and book cover for mine. I am Elven Princess on there.

Can you link your profile? Because I can't find it with just your name. o3o

I tried to fill out the info, then I realized I had no idea how the heck to possibly make a title or a summary when I don't even have a solid idea of what's going on myself. xd.png

I tried to fill out the info, then I realized I had no idea how the heck to possibly make a title or a summary when I don't even have a solid idea of what's going on myself. xd.png

Oh lord. xd.png Yeah, I admit, a lot of it can be chance. o3o;

You can change both of those later if things work out differently than what you intended (and they often do).

Imma be participating this year. I won't be like "I'M GONNA DO THIS" and start writing for the first week then start procrastinating. I'm actually going to do it this time >:o

I've had this idea growing in my head for about a month, and I'm still developing it some more. I have a bit less than a month now, so it shouldn't be too bad.

I'm thinking about titles now, but I'm not sure. I could fill out the rest of the info now if I wanted to, I think...

Oh, here's my account: http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/user/313995

Damn, I'm surprised I still remember the password ._.'

But yeah. I'm excited for this year's NaNoWriMo! 8D

Oh, and yeah, I'm in the YWP...I COULD be in the normal one if I wanted to, since I'm turning 14 this month and that's more than old enough, but I want to set my own goal and stuff. I guess.

EDIT: GAH! I have to re-write my author's info! D8> I don't like what I'm reading about myself from the past year. *Runs off to re-write it*

Edited by Zeekaice

I cooooould be in YWP... but I am still bitter about being forced into there last year. I QUALIFY FOR THE ADULT SECTION NOW DAMMIT.

This will be my 5th year participating and hopefully my 4th win. I think I wrote less than 20,000 words my first time around, but I've gotten better at sticking with it now that I know I can.

This is my profile over there: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/162681 I'm stepping out of my usual sci-fi/fantasy genre to write a little romantic comedy/spy novel. Here's hoping that's not a terrible move.