Juzz

The Requiem: The Girl From the Sky

Nixa stared up at the mark in the sky. Suddenly, a tingle and burning feeling took over her forehead for a second. She clamped a hand to it , thinking What was that? When she finally took her hand off her forehead, she looked around and saw a man who looked like a Azure Knight next to her, with the one she recognized as her bumping into him on the stairs. She saw him look at her and say "Come, there is little time. Getting out of here alive is what we can do...." Nixa looked around again, the people were starting to be taken away by other knights. She had no choice but to follow.

As she stepped into the stable, the Azure Knight walked over to a magnificent black stallion with wings, while the man dressed in white pushed a wall away revealing a huge hole which he walked in to. Another girl with a mask over most of her face darted after a large gray dog that had disappeared into the passageway. Nixa walked to the hole, and after glancing at the Azure Knight who was occupied with his horse, ducked inside. The passage was quite long, she found herself tripping over roots. When she finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel, she found herself thinking if this is a dream, I'll never be happier when I wake up.

Chapter 1: The Kingdom of Mesria

"The path that which you choose...

Regret not... There is nothing to lose,

For where the door of fate stands,

Its keys, are in your hands... "

The red head made a sigh of relief for a moment and began to speak as he gazed at the distant forest. "Honestly... I have no idea why THE MARK appeared..." He continued with a laugh. For some reason, the tone of his voice was quite different. Sephil used to sound like and act like one of those nobles attending a formal gathering, but right now, it's the complete opposite. You could say that he sounds like a total commoner.

The forest was about one kilometer away from where they stood. Actually, right beside them was a road, forking into two paths. In you look around, they were practically at the very end of the wall. The left path in the road most likely leads to the gates of the kingdom. The right path was a main road judged by its size.

He sighed for again, turning around at the threesome. Sigh... They're helpless... He shook his head and continued to speak. "Right now... Your best bet is the Kingdom of Arcaia. If you want to discover why THE MARK appeared. Just ask for more details from that beautiful Scholar over there" He pointed at Nixa. He paused for a while and continued after a second. "You may not have noticed it... But The strange symbol in the sky... It appeared in your foreheads for a moment" he said rather seriously, pointing at the Azure Knight this time, his forehead to be exact. Again, he turned around and examined the forking roads. "Go through the forest, not the main road or any of these roads anyway... You'll have to take a huge detour, but the heck with that! These roads are obviously swarming with patrolling Gresia Knights ready to ambush. Or at least money-hungry bandits" he smiled as he drew closer to the main road. "Oh yeah... I'm Sephil by the way, elite Viziel knight. I usually charge people when I offer help... So the next time we meet, don't expect it to come cheap!" he added as he walked away waving his right hand twice, not even giving a final glance.

Edited by Juzz

Cloud listened closely to Sephil whose tone of voice had changed from a control Knight to one of mabye an uncertain one but he couldn't be sure for he wasn't that close enough to be sure.

His hazel eyes followed the finger which pointed at a girl who stood to one side of him and she was the one who could explain more to them about the Mark in the sky that had sent the place wheeling in panic, upon returning his gaze back to that of the other red head he saw his finger was in fact pointing at his forehead. Cloud reached up touching the tender skin upon his forehead as if to feel this Mark that he had seen with his own two eyes but felt the smooth skin beneath his finger tips.

Taking in the instructions given by that of one in knowledge, Sephil left with a comment of that he would charge next time for giving out such information and left without a backwards glance at them. "Mustn't care that much" He thought as the red head disappeared from his sights leaving him alone with the two girls and the wolf hound, feeling slightly awkard in their presence he swung himself into the soft leather saddle upon his steeds back he looked to them both.

"The tack for the other horse should be located somewhere in that run down tack room, it would be worth while locating it as otherwise running is your best bet which can be slow and wastefull. I for one wish not to come into the hands of these cowards of Knights.....once out of sight of this place, we shall need some more detail off you of this Mark" Cloud said quietly, his voice in control as that of one used to commanding others.

Maro nodded. "I'll go get the tack..."

She was still very confused: everything had happened so fast. Had the mark only appeared on the forehead of the other two and herself? Was that why... Sephil... had only rescued them? As she began her trek back to the tackroom, she paused. Turning back to them, she wiped some sweat off her mask and smiled. "I'm Maro, by the way." With that, she took off in the direction of the tack room.

A minute later she arrived there, where the horse stood nervously. It didnt' seem to appreciate the presence of her dog-wolf either, so Maro had him stay ten feet away. He watched anxiously as she picked up the tack and saddled the horse. She mumbled angrily at herself for being so slow, but she got the job done and led the horse back through the dark tunnels. She decided not to ride it through, as she wasn't sure how high the ceiling was. She made the dog run in front of them so that the horse wouldn't be worried about what was behind it.

As she emerged from the tunnel, she handed the reigns to Nixa. "I assume you steer well: I in't ridden for quite a day, and would prefer to ride behind you." The dog barked once and Maro looked at it. "You'll just have t'run on foot. You have 'nough wild blood that ye should be able t'keep up fine, yes? Of course."

She sighed wearily, glancing at Nixa and then the man mounted on the Pegasus. She quickly looked away, very glad now that she was wearing a mask.

"Ahm... I'm sorry, but did y'say your names? If so, I forgot." She said, shrugging.

Edited by LadyNatasha

The girl whom was wearing a mask for reason's that were beyond Cloud had begun to go back to the stable where she was to tack the horse up when she paused turning back to face them both, she said her name was Maro and then disappeared as the darkness warped around her making her no longer be seen.

Cloud waited paitently for Maro to return with the brown horse and her wolf hound, time ticked by and Cloud had begun to ponder as to what was taking her so long when she appeared from the darkness. Her hound led the pack while she led the horse forth fully tacked and handed it to the other girl who had said nothing during this whole time. She tossed the reins to her saying she would ride behind her and the dog was to run with them, she then asked for their names while looking at him before turning away quickly. Cloud didn't questioned her to this, "Cloud Hunt" he merely said plainly putting slight pressure on Blazer's sides making him walk forth out of the hidden passage way into the moonlight that flooded the land.

Nixa looked up at the man who had said his name was Cloud, her eyes darting to Maro's cream-colored eyes afterward. "I'm Nixa", she said in response to her question. She looked down at the worn reins in her hands, sighed, and walked over to the brown horse. "I have only some experience with horses, but I'll be able to ride." Nixa glanced at the gray dog, brushing her messy hair away from her eyes. Wonder what she meant by wild blood. By placing her hand on the horse's saddle and pulling herself upward, she was able to get on the horse. "Let's go. I can tell you about The Mark, but once we get into that forest, it somehow doesn't feel safe here. I can't imagine why it would appear... and much less on us. Let's just go", she said again.

Blazer danced, prancing as he waited for Cloud to give him the signal to go forth, Cloud kept a gentle but firm grip upon the leather reins holding the stallion steady while he waited for the other two to mount. The other girl now spoke saying her name was Nixa and that she could tell us more when they were in the forest. He nodded as he agreed with her that the place now felt unsafe, the hair's on his neck were standing on end as his hazel eyes dashed around searching for the source of this feeling and upon finding none he turned to face the forest.

"So be it, this Mark puzzles my mind to no end and I wish to know what it means fo us as a group that it appeared on us. However we must first reach the forest, I hope ye two can hold on as I don't want to be out in the open for long...not when there is a rather high wall behind us that could be lined with Knights as we speak" He said quietly, Blazer could now sense Cloud's thoughts as he began to head shake waitting with impatients for the pressure upon his sides.

"I fancy a race.....last one there cane get the fire wood" Cloud suddenly said casting a look back at the other two, a sudden sparkle in his eyes that twinkled with delight as his fun side surfaced. It took a meer tap and Blazer reared up lashing out with his fore hooves neighing before coming back down onto all four thundering out of the small tunnel with Cloud's loose turtle neck flying behind him.

Maro wondered about the mark. She wondered, now, if that's why her dog had been barking so. She also wondered why he had liked the redhead who had led them there earlier... What was his name... Stephan? Hm... oh well! We'll probably never see him again anyway!

She wondered to herself if that was an optimistic thought or just a plain thought. She didn't have much time to think of it, as now the man named Cloud spoke.

Maro grinned wildly at the idea of a race. She did see, however, that it was rather unfair, as she and Nixa had less experience riding, plus the poor horse had two riders upon it. However, the moment the horse Blazer reared, Maro kicked the brown horse's sides, and the horse bolted forward, not wasting time with a rear. Still, Maro knew this would only buy her and Nixa seconds, and she hoped that Nixa was ready.

Under her mask she was grinning wildly, and her cream eyes portrayed this with a twinkle. She clung tightly to the back of the saddle, and her legs wrapped around the horse's flank. Riding brought back memories.

The grey wolf-dog was caught off-guard and leapt to the side when Blazer reared, but the moment Maro's horse took off it followed at a silent run, staying slightly to the left and behind the horse... all the more reason for the horse to go quickly. At least for now the dog seemed to be fine keeping up.

A blue of Brown whipped past the two as Nixa, Maro and her hound raced past them, it seemed they both had risen to the challenge lay down by him and he was pleased by this turn of events.

Lightening the load upon Blazer's back by shifting forth into his galloping position used when out running enemy, Blazer strained against his bit longing to race after the brown horse at once but Cloud held him back allowing them to enjoy their lead while it lasted and then relaxed his grip. The wind whistled through his eyes making it hard for any other sound to get through his ear drums, the thundering of hooves echoed around his head in a steady pace that was very relaxing in a way and the snorting bellowing from Blazer's nostels blew back into his face.

Blazer's legs stretched out from underneath him as he lenghtened his stride far more, covering ground like there was no tomorrow and was gaining ground on the other two fast.

They leveled after Cloud directed Blazer to the right as the hound was running at their left, Blazer shot forward with a twinkle in his eyes before surging forth and Cloud couldn't help but let out a laugh from his lips as he enjoyed the sensation of fun radiating through him. The forest was upon them faster than Cloud had judged and he was forced to rein in Blazer who had got caught up in the moment of the race, Cloud was pleased as he slowed down from the slightest touch of his hand contact and how Blazer hadn't flew during the race either. He guessed that the stallion thought it would only make it unfair if he did so, "Doesn't look like anyone saw us" Cloud commented peering from under the swaying branches that shadowed him as he studyed the wall searching for signs of life.

The forest was quiet as the night. As the young travelers journeyed deeper within the forest, signs of life began to emanate its presence. Birds were now chirping happily, that it's almost impossible to believe that there was a war a moment ago. In fact, just that morning, the forest was so quiet that there was almost not a single sound. It was perhaps because the animals knew something will happen and they tried to hide from it.

The forest music was peacefully playing. The soft blowing of the wind amongst the leaves of the trees and the tiny animals of the forest were almost the only sound present. Of course, there was also the noise the travelers create every step they take. Among the trees, there was a peculiar sign. It seemed quite new, it was made of wood. Its rectangular face was painted with a red paint which reads: 'BEWARE OF BANDITS'

Cloud released a joyfull sigh letting the sound whistle through his teeth as he was once again deep within the heart of nature which surrounded him on all sides like it should always, the gentle forest sounds that usually surrounded him were however not there like they should be. Curious as to this fact he had uncovered within the depts of his mind, he became more aware of his surroundings trying to make head nor tail of the suituation that had risen up before him.

The silence un-nerved him silghtly as the forest creatures were much too quiet for his liking, the birds did not sing their joyful songs of praise for the sun's dawning nor the crikets of their echoing calls. He shifted his position in the saddle causing a soft rustle of his clothes that seemed ever so loud in this silence, even Blazer had refrained from snorting as he too seemed to sense something like Cloud.

Suddenly his sharp eyes spotted a reaction from Blazer as his two elegant ears pounced forth as his attention was drawn towards something up ahead, leaving a single hand on the hilt of his sword they continued down til he saw what was of interest. It was a sign stating to beware of Bandits, Cloud relaxed his grip slightly as he saw no sudden danger for them but still kept his hand close by the sword and nudged Blazer to keep walking.

"It seems this area is known to have bandits within it, keep your eyes peeled" he whispered back softly to the other two who rode behind him, they had been very quiet since they had left the city behind them to its destiny.

Nixa sighed from the thrill of the race, indeed, it felt good to ride a horse again. Cloud and Blazer, who had ridden ahead, seemed to tense up slightly. Disregarding this, she listed to the birds chirping and noted how they stopped for a single second, probably more on coincidence then purpose. Passing a large fern with odd yet beautiful spiral vein pattern, the two horses drew upon a wooden sign, however, because of Blazer in front she could not read it. Cloud took it in then whispered a warning about the area having bandits. Bandits, huh, they don't deserve a fancy name like that. Why can't we just call them thieves, like the scoundrels they are. Resolving to keep a look out, she gently guided the horse forward, glancing at the sign for herself. Funny, it seem pretty new. Can't imagine a forest like this only now getting thieves, though.

They walked forward in silence now, slowly they made way through the worn pathway that was in the forest, it wasn't straight forward like the roads but it was still better than going off the beaten track and getting lost. Blazer's iron shoe clinked off a rock letting off a ranging clunk, Cloud suddenly remembered now the Mark in the sky and how Sephil said it had appeared on his fore head. He reached up and touched the smooth skin finding no change in its appearance, he twisted slightly in his saddle so the side of his face with his X shaped scar was showing to the others.

"Tell me Nixa, what do you know of this mark....and more importantly what it means for us?" he questioned her rising an eyebrow up on question towards her.

Maro was surprised to find herself silent after the race was unofficially won by Cloud and his beautiful winged horse. She listened to the forest: something about it didn't seem quite right, but she couldn't place her finger on what. She frowned as they passed a fairly new sign: 'Beware of Bandits'.

She snorted. Bandits are all over: it's funny they'd have a sign warning about them. Ah well, perhaps bandit activity is high here...

She glanced at Cloud as he asked the question about the marks to Nixa. She was not sure she truly wanted to know what the mark meant, but life had taught her that being purposefully ignorant was a fatal mistake. She frowned, wiping some sweat off of her mask and glancing to the left, where the dog-wolf was trotting alongside them and sniffing the air. She frowned as he relieved himself on the bandit sign, but decided not to make a deal out of it.

She then looked to Nixa, curious to see what she would say. She was glad that the group was in fairly high spirits; it made it easier for her to think.

Edited by LadyNatasha

Nixa paused as she remembered the long hours of studying she had to do for a test on the very subject, at least it would come in handy now. "Well... I assume we all know the legend of the nameless prince, right?" Not bothering to hear the others replies, she hurried on. "It's just a legend, but The Mark was said to appear on his forehead whenever he faced battle. The same tale states that the symbol will appear again once it's seal to power released.... and a new world will be made." Looking around their surroundings, Nixa wondered again why it had shown up on their foreheads. Does that mean.... but it can't. It's just a old legend. "Oh yeah, one more thing. Even though you guys have heard it addressed as The Mark so far, it's real name is..... The Requiem."

Cloud listened in silence to Nixa who had begun to speak on the subject of the Mark, his mind paused as she mentioned the Prince.

Yes, he had heard of such a Prince, the stories echoed through out the land in the Hidden Village bringing with it tidings of battle and strange things happening across the land. But these stories were as auld as the hills themself, surely this Mark could not have something to do with it? Cloud was proven wrong as Nixa continued on speaking and once finished Cloud felt a wave of slight confusion overcome him, "The Requiem ah?" he said allowing the word to roll over his tongue seeing if it rang any bells withing his head, upon finding none he let the word sink into his memory for later use.

"Sounds like an old legend to me, prehaps we were merely imagining it appearing on our foreheads and that the boy Sephil was wrong. He could easily have had us on, under stree and pressure we all do things that aren't like us" Cloud commented as the forest track lightened slightly with many tracks now leading off in different directions, many were of game wandering the land. Cloud halted suddenly as he heard some rustling in the bushes nearby and around them, they stood dealy still waiting to see what was going to happen next.

The day seemed to have passed quickly as morning turned to night. The recent events seemed to have happened too fast that it seem as though the young travelers have forgotten their hunger.

The darkness of the night covered the lush green forest. The cool breeze blew through the trees as the leaves swayed lightly. Animals of night night were on the move, owls were hooting, bats were gliding above and the rest of the land creatures were running around in search for prey. The trio seemed to be in an important talk when a certain bush suddenly rustled.

"KWAAA!" a creature cried, jumping out from the bushes. It was a large, red bird the size of an ostrich. The rest of its body looked like a giant swan, with neck as thick as a duck's, if it's at that size that is. The bird ran toward the Azure Knight the moment it saw him. It tried to pull him as if asking the young warrior to come with her. She then ran ahead in a hurry into the deep woods.

The bird stopped after sighting a cave. There seemed to be a bonfire inside with some men. There was around 20 of them or more. In the far left side of the cave was a boy around 16 years of age. His long brown bangs almost covers up his brown eyes. The boy was wearing a typical traveler's clothing, complete with a tattered cloak and tan-colored tattered commoner's shirt under it...

The bird's view was aimed at the boy... "Kaaa..." it shrieked softly...

Things happened quickly, and Maro wondered about the mark. "The Requiem..." was all she said to Nixa's statement. She grinned under her mask, but didn't say anything. She, for one, wished to believe the legend, even though she didn't understand it really. Whatever the case, it sounded exciting. She reached her left hand to her bag and gently rubbed her fingers across the well-made crossbow that was within. It was her favorite weapon, a gift from her father.

Maro decided she was hungry.

~...~

Maro practically fell backwards off of the brown horse when the giant bird appeared, and her dog jumped back and barked. But just as quickly as it appeared, it tugged at Cloud and dashed off. ((Assuming the group followed it,)) it stopped at a cave.

Maro frowned and automatically reached her hand down towards her wolf-dog. Her eyes took an estimate of the amount of men in the cave: at least twenty. She didn't like the thought of tangling with them, and she had her dog lie down next to the horse. He didn't seem to want to, as he didn't sense any danger from the cave.

Maro looked to cloud questioningly. "You know these men?" She asked as politely as she could muster. After all, the bird seemed most interested in him.

Edited by LadyNatasha

The sudden appearance of the bright red over large bird stunned Cloud but he didn't draw his sword, he respected nature and killed only when he actually needed to which was rare.

The creature tugged at his sleeve as if asking him to follow it into the darkness of the forest, instinct told him to beware of such things such as this but the Beast seemed to be honest enough as it didn't attack them. Spurring Blazer forth he followed after the Beast ducking under the swaying branches that threatened to knock him from his saddle, they slowed down as a cave entered their view.

A bonfire was blazing away inside of it with around 20 men inside surrounding it, Cloud followed the gaze of the bird and saw it was looking straight at a young boy around his teenage years inside the cave wearing travaler's clothes.

Maro asked if he knew who these people were, he half shook his head. "I see many people and many faces but the creature seems to be connected in someway to the boy, a friend of nature is a friend oF Azure" He replied unmounting from Blazer who pawed the ground impatiently, he patted his neck for a moment to calm him before striding forth into the light being casted by the fire. The light flickered across his face as he stood at the enterance looking in, "Speak fast and true! who be ye and your reasons as well!" Cloud said in a low and commanding voice, the one he used when training in trainie Azure Knights.

Some of the guys were rummaging through some items on the ground. Most of them looks like personal belongings like a picture frame, toothbrush and soap.

"Dis all ya got?!" one of the men asked the boy with a harsh voice as he pointed a knife at his neck. He was a skinny one, and most likely in his 30s. The man was wearing a thin gray shirt and tan colored shorts. Like most of the people there, he was also wearing a green bandana on his head. "I-I just... T-that's all! I swear!" he said with a trembling voice. The boy was sweating bullets as he sated at the knife. His hands were cold as ice, one wrong move could mean the end of his life. The man glared at him with his gray eyes and began to continue with his interrogation. "Look kid. We saw it. "The Requiem" in the sky appearin'... And it just so happened the same mark glowed in yer head! Ya must have something ta do with Arcaia!" he said pointing his index finger at the boy's fore head. "B-but... I..." he was almost at the brink of tears when a certain young man suddenly appeared in front of the cave.

The men looked at each other as the silent night continued on. "What'd he say?" one of the men said, looking at his friends. He was rather big man with tan colored skin, wearing a green bandana on his head. After a second, another man spoke "What're you? A noble?" a moment of silence wafted the area when the group suddenly laughed loudly at the warrior.

A man from the back stood up carrying a sword in hand. "Ya just crossed us Verde bandits kid! Drop yer stuff here and scram!" he shouted pointing the sword at the Azure Knight. The hostage was quivering in fear as he watched the events unfold.

Edited by Juzz

The edge of Cloud's face twitched as he saw the way the man were treating the young boy, it seemed that these were bandits from the sounds of things and he stiffened as he heard the Mark had appeared on the boy's head too.

"Hm...so we are not alone, the young man too has had it appear on him" Cloud pondered in his mind before he returned to the real world where the men had noticed him. Their laughter annoyed him to no end as they laughed at the fact he could be a noble person before a tan coloured man stood and he too wear this green bandana that the rest besides the boy wore.

Cloud's hazel eyes narrowed as he demanded he leave his stuff where he was pointing his sword and telling him to scram, the boy were shaking with fear. "That is no way to speak to an Azure Knight...." Cloud said rather quietly letting the name sink in for a moment before drawing his sword.

Reaching behind his back he grasped the hilt of the sword releasing it from its sheath drawing forth the deadly but beautiful blade, it made little sound as it came out and he grasped it with both hands. Usually in battle he held it with one hand in order to use his....other weapon in the other but he felt that he didn't need it this time, the blade glittered with delight as if it knew what was coming. Dashing diamonds sparkled within the steel blade where they had been forged into it and slither's of gold strade's connected them all up with the hilt made of gold and red strikes. "Release the boy and his goods....or you shall learn to fear the name of Cloud Hunt!" he ordered, this time his voice became louder and his scar was light up by the crackling fire.

The expressions of the bandits turned twisted one by one as the stood up with weapons on their hands. Most of them held swords, some had axes, a few were holding knives and about 2 or three had a bow and arrow. "Foolish kid...!" the man who spoke before screeched as he and all the other men took a battle stance. The boy in the side was trembling, he was trying to avert his gaze from the area where a battle will soon possibly occur.

They charged at him all at once. The ruthlessly hacked and slashed their weapons the the young knight. Those with long range weapons skillfully shot their arrows without hitting their comrades...

Edited by Juzz

... and their arrows were shot right back at them.

Okay, different arrows, but they were shot at...

Maro had dismounted when she sensed that the men were keeping the boy prisoner. She had heard the conversation, and she admired the way that Cloud Hunt had responded to it: she knew more than one man his age who would have handled the situation much worse.

The moment Cloud had finished speaking, Maro had seen that the men weren't going to respond well, and she had quickly drawn her crossbow. It was a hand-made crossbow, obviously manufactured specially and not made from pre-copied parts. It looked like it would cost a common man a fortune, though in colors it was simple black. Maro reached back into her quiver and drew four sharp metal arrows.

At the moment she was behind a tree, but now she turned far enough to see the men who were charging Cloud. In half a second she had the first arrow loaded, and she shot it quickly towards one of the archers, aiming for his right shoulder: not aiming to kill, only to disable. She repeated this again, attempting to disable another archer.

She bit her lip, forcing herself not to draw the other arrows... the situation wasn't bad enough yet, since they were only bandits.

She ducked behind the tree to avoid return fire, then shot at one more archer (right shoulder). It was then that she noticed the quivering teen. She ducked behind the tree and whistled, and her grey wolf-dog appeared at her side: where he had been before this she wasn't sure (though she knew he never helped in combat... lazy thing).

She peered around the tree and pointed at the teenage boy, while saying "Fetch it. Go!"

Tail wagging, oblivious to the danger his owner and her friends were in, the dog dashed forward to the cave (avoiding humans) and then to the boy. He looked back at Maro for reassurance and she gave him a hand signal.

The dog had no idea why his owner would want him to fetch another human, but he obediently and gently took the boy's right sleeve in his mouth, trying to lead the boy back to Maro.

This all happened in seconds.

Maro tried not to get hit by return fire (if there was any) while still trying to stay in sight of the teenage boy so that he didn't think the dog was simply trying to lead him to his doom. She knew that no matter what, they had to get the boy to safety: after all, the mark was on his forehead, to.

Edited by LadyNatasha

The boy was trying to avoid seeing the battle, most likely due to the fact that he doesn't want to see the outcome. The bandits were caught off guard with the sudden counterattack of arrows. "W-what?! He has comrades...!" The man who had been shot shouted in pain. Blood dripped down from his wounded shoulder as he tried to get back on his feet. He surveyed the area looking for other intruders while picking up his bow & arrow.

The boy, averting his gaze from the fight, felt a sudden tug on his sleeve. It was some sort of dog, a wolf pup. "Wah!" he shrieked softly as he tumbled backwards. "... You don't seem wild..." he said as he calmed down. The dog continued to tug him as if leading him somewhere. "H-hey... Easy boy..." he said in a gentle tone. Apparently, his feet were also tied up that he can barely move properly. He tried to get up on his feet, but to no avail. Dammit... I'm so useless... This is the worst...

The same bandit who was interrogating the boy earlier noticed him. He heard the hostage shriek to be exact. The man surveyed the area a bit. This could be trouble... This knight doesn't seem to be alone...! he thought as he dashed toward the teen. He grabbed him by the arm and pulled him up. "HEY! little knight and friends! Come out now or this boy'll get it!" he shouted pointing a knife at the neck of the boy...