Kokuchan

Ghosts and Other Paranormalities

Ummm....for one thing, you should never trust photography. I have a friend who is a photographer and I learned that it is easy to create "illusions", whether by accident or on purpose. Second, you might want to do some research on fairy folklore before thinking anything that's a tiny person with wings is a fairy sleep.gif

iirc, the mythological base that SomethingAwful used to create the Slenderman was some sort of faery that would hang in the Black Forest and abduct children.

...or something. [/terrible memory]

[/notentirelyrelatedtothetopicathandbutstillrelated]

Oh, I remember when I thought I saw Slenderman with some friends from DC awhile back and ranted on the Scared Thread about it.

Seems child abductors love the burning scent of school books.

Oh, I remember when I thought I saw Slenderman with some friends from DC awhile back and ranted on the Scared Thread about it.

Seems child abductors love the burning scent of school books.

"Slenderman"? Who/what exactly is Slenderman? (i.e. what does it look like)

Slenderman:

http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/29411/origi....png?1260054544

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http:/...iw=1024&bih=653

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http:/...iw=1024&bih=653

There's also some photoshopped pics of him in the Scared Thread in the I think 40's.

Edit for coding fail.

Edit 2:

http://i28.tinypic.com/vsja5i.jpg

Another pic of Slendy, and a DC player I know IRL. Taken at a sleep over awhile back.

Edited by Qwackie

Google "Marble Hornets." Do it. You know you want to not sleep for the rest of your life. </rabid MH fan>

Well look at it as if you were a scientist. Should there be proof of life after death all your beliefs on evolution and the non existance of a soul would be blown out the window.

Hi, scientist here.

And what? No. No, it wouldn't. If I see a ghost, I'm not suddenly going to say "Evolution is false because ghosts exist!" The existence of a soul doesn't disprove evolution; the two are completely unrelated.

Edited by AngelKitty

OMG!

today was the only day i have ever had a paranormal experience... and i happen to stumble across this thread!

So.

I wake up every morning at around 7:00, and get ready for school. i'm always a bit groggy, so when i first saw this...thing...i dismissed it, and thought i was seeing things.

But it was so real. i swear i saw it. i just stared at it in...shock. i don't think i imagined it.

Well, i just finished breakfast and was going to brush my teeth. in my house i have to walk through the family room. the family room has a huge sliding glass door. and i walked by it and saw something in the yard.

it was black, kind of shadowy, and had almost no shape...it was twig-like, and about the size of a small child? And it was LEAPING through the yard.

i kinda zoned out, staring at it. at first i thought, oh its just the dog....which was stupid, because what dog looks like that? and my dog is brown, not black.

then i thought, well, its just my sister or brother.

but they were in bed.

it wasn't much but it shook me. it just...messed me up. i have been freaked otu all day.

lately things like this have been happening a lot. noises. shapes in the corner of my eye. i've never seen things like this before....and now i do all the time.

I"M GOING CRAZY.

Oi, this morning, I saw my kitty jump off my desk. But my kitty was downstairs. It was right when I woke up, I highly doubt it was paranormal at all, I mean, I went to sleep at midnight and woke at one. Whatever.

Oi, this morning, I saw my kitty jump off my desk. But my kitty was downstairs. It was right when I woke up, I highly doubt it was paranormal at all, I mean, I went to sleep at midnight and woke at one. Whatever.

Exactly, that's why I'm still only 50% sure of my supposedly paranormal experience. It was *most likely* all created in my insane imagination that likes to freak me out.

It's been bothering me all day though.

And what really messes me up is that (it happened this morning) last night I read a 255 page book of urban legends/ scary stories front to back in an hour (I love that junk!) and couldn't sleep a wink.

Slenderman kind of reminds me of Nergal from Billy and Mandy:

user posted image

Slenderman kind of reminds me of Nergal from Billy and Mandy:

user posted image

More like if Nergal and Anonymous had a child and abandoned him in the woods.

user posted image

"No comment."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people

http://ufosearchonline.com/ufo/2010/08/sti...ecurity-camera/

Also;

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1690

:3

Perhaps because you think you're noticing strange things more often, you've started interpreting normal things as strange?

that first link was very....interesting.

the second link...i have seen that video before, it...freaked me out....but it wasn't exactly what i saw.

and the third link is very helpful.

in fact, these are pretty much the scientific explanations for a lot of "OMG I HAZ SEEN DA SHADOW PPL THEY CUM TO KILL ME" kind of paranormal things.

i have been way more...alerted by strange sounds since i have been seeing things like this....yesterday my dad YAWNED. He YAWNED, and i screamed. and my dog growled and i flipped out like "WTF WAS THAT oh its the dog."

Hi, scientist here.

And what? No. No, it wouldn't. If I see a ghost, I'm not suddenly going to say "Evolution is false because ghosts exist!" The existence of a soul doesn't disprove evolution; the two are completely unrelated.

Not true, the existance of souls supports religion and rocks the whole theory of evolution at it's core. That is a fact. Science does not support the theory of existance after death. The theory of evolution does not support existance before birth or after death.

You may be open minded enough to be okay with it, but the science community as a whole is not.

Edited by Dubious

Not true, the existance of souls supports religion and rocks the whole theory of evolution at it's core. That is a fact. Science does not support the theory of existance after death. The theory of evolution does not support existance before birth or after death.

You may be open minded enough to be okay with it, but the science community as a whole is not.

Read Darwin. Nowhere, anywhere, does he state that people can't have souls. Everyone has this misconception about Darwin that his theory says that everything in religion is wrong.

All he did was describe a scientifically testable process that explains the diversity of life.

I wish that there was a fine for people who talk about Darwin but know nothing about him.

ExistEnce after death is called "life".

I wish that there was a fine for people who talk about Darwin but know nothing about him.

Well that was very rude, completely unwarrented and quite frankly an ignorant remark. Don't make inane assumptions that I do not know about the theories of evolution or Darwin, because of course I do. I am talking about the scientific community as a whole, not specifically Darwin's theory of evolution. dry.gif I am talking about the general accepted beliefs on life forms.

ExistEnce after death is called "life".

Sheesh. rolleyes.gif Btw, no it is not. ExistEnce after death is called 'life after death', existEnce before death is termed 'life'.

Edited by Dubious

Evolution has absolutely nothing to do with life after death. At all.

Also, evolution is pretty much a completely proven thing. Maybe a god or something started the basic life, and even had a hand in evolving humans or whatever, but in any case we evolved.

So you don't think that if ghosts were proven to exist that there would be debate and evaluation on theories of evolution? World wide by the entire scientific community?

You don't think that Lamarkism, 'a theory of organic evolution claiming that acquired characteristics are transmitted to offspring', might not just get a little bit of debate time? After all if souls were proven to exist that would open the gates to debate on existence before life, after all were did the soul come from and does that make the theory of genetic inherited characteristics invalid.

How can it not lead to a rocking of the core the scientific world? At the very least cause people to look for how the two are interelated.

Edited by Dubious

So you don't think that if ghosts were proven to exist that there would be debate and evaluation on theories of evolution? World wide by the entire scientific community?

You don't think that Lamarkism, 'a theory of organic evolution claiming that acquired characteristics are transmitted to offspring', might just get a little bit of debate time?

How can it not? At the very least cause people to look for how the two are interelated.

Wat.

Ghosts have absolutely nothing to do with evolution either. Thats like saying if someone invents an mp3 player in the shape of a walrus, it would cause people to reevaluate religion.

You don't think that Lamarkism, 'a theory of organic evolution claiming that acquired characteristics are transmitted to offspring', might just get a little bit of debate time?

How can it not? At the very least cause people to look for how the two are interelated.

Nope. I don't see how they are related.

Alright. So, I went and asked a roomful of biologists their opinion on souls and evolution. Every single one of them said that if the soul were scientifically proven to exist, it woundn't disprove or even rock the theory of evolution at all.

No.

Uh, no. Lamarckism was debunked a long time ago. How do souls and a theory that acquired characteristics being transmitted to offspring fit together?

Edited by AngelKitty

You don't think the proven existance of a soul within a body (proof that ghosts exist) would bring the too together and force science to reevaluate itself?

A few biologists does not constitute the entire scientific communtiy. Sorry, but it just doesn't. Neither does it represent the overall general accepted opinion of a worldwide scientific communty.

The scientific community as a whole does not support the theory that ghosts or a soul exists. Can we at least agree on that?

You suddenly turn up conclusive proof on the existence of ghosts and tell me how that would not cause the reevaluation of evolution, religion, existence as a whole.

Edited by Dubious

You don't think the proven existance of a soul within a body (proof that ghosts exist) would bring the too together and force science to reevaluate itself?

I've always learned ghosts were simply an impression of a person or event on an area. Not any real spirits or anything, just a sort of replaying of that event over time.

....as for souls, I unno. I don't think you need religion to believe in a soul. <-<

Actually now that I think of it, proof of a soul wouldn't prove ghosts either. I mean, even if an afterlife was totally proven, it doesn't mean you can come back here as a ghost.