Kokuchan

Ghosts and Other Paranormalities

Now I think every small town has that one house that everyone dares you to go into because its haunted. Well this time it was real. We went into that house (i.e. me and a bunch of friends) And went onto the back porch. It was really uneventful. Just some creaky floor boards and cobwebs inside. Then we went out back and there was an open field. We had played football back there since like third grade (we were sophmores in highschool at the time.) so we knew it pretty well. That was when we saw this kids in seventies clothes playing in the back. A few of my friends went out in the field to ask them what they were doing there and they vanished! There were no trees they didnt fall out of sight because the grass was just above my ankles. We freaked right the hell out and ran straight to the cars. As I was peeling out the same kids were on the porch waving goodbye. To this day I see them in my dreams.

I believe in ghosts in the same way that I believe in the computer I'm typing this on: "Yeah, they exist. Why wouldn't they exist?"

Why? I have a ghost in my house. He (she? but I'm pretty sure he's male) is a very nice ghost. He never bothers us; just walks around. Sometimes we hear doors opening and closing when there's no one else in the house, or someone walking around upstairs. That's about it, really. He's very polite.

All I've got is this creepy feeling of being watched.

For some reason, I only get it from the afternoon till I fall asleep. But it's THERE.

For some reason, I only get it from the afternoon till I fall asleep. But it's THERE.

I used to feel that way a lot too, I chalked it up reluctantly to paranormal freakyness, but then I found out from my doctor that I'm paranoid by nature and also a little schizophrenic. Mystery solved. Even more reason for me not to believe in ghosts.

I hate that.

It's like things are living in your walls.

They know you're there -- and they don't like it.

I've had a few ghostly experiences at my friends house.

I've seen a few doors open and close on command, and I was spoken to very briefly. :3

My mother is the one who's had a lot of ghostly encounters.

At work, at friends houses, in the house we live in now. -shrug-

I do believe in ghosts and spirits, and I believe that they can contact us,

if they want to.

As for those of you that believe in channeling, what about autowriting?

I tried it earlier today and...well. It's like my keyboard vomited up a textual version of an Lovecraft Eldritch abomination. I swear to god I am not as insane as that bit of text makes me out to be. ; _ ;

Edited by Drer'Ahv

I tried it earlier today and...well. It's like my keyboard vomited up a textual version of an Lovecraft Eldritch abomination. I swear to god I am not as insane as that bit of text makes me out to be. ; _ ;

My early experiments with automatic writing were some of the first clues that I was not the only occupant of this body. I remember thinking it was sort of neat, but I showed some of the writing results to my friend and it really freaked her out, which made me think it wasn't normal or right. I didn't do it for quite a while after that. It's not channeling in my case, but the same sort of concept I guess. We don't have to go through that whole process anymore to communicate with each other now.

I can write up some sort of horror/mystery novel whenever I do that. :\ And the last time I tried that, it seemed like some sort of 1800's letter/journal from a prisoner.

...I've heard that's on the same level of Ouija boards when it comes to inviting demons to you or whatever and do it only occasionally.

"Automatic writing" is just people trying to be creepy and show off their possessions.

"Automatic writing" is just people trying to be creepy and show off their possessions.

If I say "Beetlejuice" three times, would you go away?

Even if there's nothing THUPAR THPRITUAL about it, it's a bit of automatic word association. If anything, if gives a better insight about yourself and the way your mind puts words together. So you can't say Automatic Writing isn't real, it's the supernatural connection to it that is questionable.

Show off their possessions... heh.

I don't understand why some assume automatic writing is indicative of having a spirit speak/write through them. The wiki link didn't seem to explain that much either, unless I missed something. I'd be interested to know how many people who are successful at automatic writing experience significant dissociative symptoms (which was the case for me.)

In any case when I tried it it was riddled with spelling and grammatical errors mainly due to my closing my eyes and getting more and more disoriented. I did manage to get Rri to speak through it -- however it wasn't anything different than what we would normally say to each other, and since I never was able to attain true "trance", it was simply me writing down exactly what came to mind. So it wasn't exactly getting mah tulpa to speak through it.

Seeing that I wrote down "you slmody syysinrf ytsnvr yhrtr" apparently Lovecraft came to mind several times.

(Seriously I thought I was a better typist than that, my eye-hand coordination must be absolute censorkip.gif)

EDIT: Actually if you want to be perfectly accurate, Cvutian is far more guttural than that and is heavy in g's and c's, not y.

Show off their possessions... heh.

I don't understand why some assume automatic writing is indicative of having a spirit speak/write through them. The wiki link didn't seem to explain that much either, unless I missed something. I'd be interested to know how many people who are successful at automatic writing experience significant dissociative symptoms (which was the case for me.)

I'd assume it's because of this;

"OMG GUIEZ I'M WRITING WHILE NOT THINKING OF WRITING LOL

MAN THIS IS SO COOL THAT IT JUST AIN'T NATURAL

LOLMUSTBEPOSSESSEDBYDEMONS"

Edited by Drer'Ahv

Let me sum up my thoughts on the supernatural in general:

I'm not willing to dismiss it. However, I'm not going to believe it until hard evidence can be provided to prove its existence. So. Open, but skeptical.

I have had lots of experiences, despite not reallly wanting to. I have seen full on apparitions in broad daylight, experienced much poltergeist ativity and other experiences.

The most recent was a house I rented for three months in a little medieval town I still live in. The house was three stories, in a row of classic medieval houses. Well my bedroom was on the second floor and I slept with the light on every single night I was there. Why? Well I had just lain down in bed, light was on, and a movement drew my attention to the bottom of the bed where a pair of legs walked by right at the foot of my bed. No full body, just a man's legs.

That man walked around the room almost every night I was there and then he vanished through the wall into the neighbours house.

I adopted a 'I don't see anything' approach to living in that house. Everytime I heard or saw something I would say 'I don't see anything'. I also gave in my notice three days after moving in there, although in France you have to give three months notice on a rental. So I was pretty much stuck there for three months....alone.

Another time I was sitting in an armchair on the ground floor reading, it was about 7pm. There was a door into a small entry room that had the door to outside. I heard the metal door handle jiggle. I looked up and for fully five minutes I watched that door handle move fully up and down as though someone was opening and closing the door, and the door was swinging back and forth as well. I said 'I am not scared' and it stopped. Then a movement and slight sound again caught my attention and I looked to the right at the stairs. There was a woman in a dress going up the stairs.

I told myself 'I didn't see anything' and I was being stupid and must have imagined it all. I even got up and looked at the door, tested for a breeze and pulled the door handle up and down as I had seen it. That door handle was very stiff and not easy to pull down or up, infact the door was a heavy metal one with glass and wrought iron.

That woman often went up and down those stairs. I have experienced much paranormal activity in my life so I don't freak out, but I did get the hell out of there as fast as possible. I remember the worst time there, when the electricity was out for a full 24 hours after a storm. That whole side of the town was in pitch black darkness. Never again......

Edited by Dubious

I never have these problems with ghosts coming into my house because I believe in someone greater than these ghosts.

I never have these problems with ghosts coming into my house because I believe in someone greater than these ghosts.

is it Cthulu?

no, I am a Christian. I do know that spirits exist but they cannot harm me because I am protected by God.

On the Automatic Writing thing, that sounded way too interesting not to try, so I tried it last night. That was...interesting. The responses were definitely not in my writing style and completely lacked punctuation or capitalization, which drives a Grammer Nazi like me up the wall. Whatever was talking had some interesting ideas though. Though I had to keep rephrasing some questions like what non-English words meant until I could get a straight answer. "What does that word mean" only resulted in the word being repeated, "what does it mean in English" would result in an English definition.

Overall, a very interesting experience, though I'm tempted to believe it's just my own psyche making stuff up in my subconscious.

Isn't it funny how ghosts come in all kinds of shapes sizes and colors?

The lack of consistency in eye-witness testimonies are really provoking my scepticism.

No, I haven't had such experiences, but that's probably because I don't believe in anything paranormal or otherwise unproven. Still waiting to be convinced otherwise by some random occurrence. No luck yet.

Not at the cemetery, not in church, not in my uncle's supposed haunted villa basement... I'd like to bring this up:

Tricks of the Mind misconstrued as paranormal activity.

So?

no, I am a Christian. I do know that spirits exist but they cannot harm me because I am protected by God.

You sure are special, then... pff. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Ælex

On the contrary, it is the variety that makes me more willing to believe in them. If every person on the planet described their best friend or worst enemy exactly the same way, would you believe that everyone on the planet has met the one person and formed an identical opinion of them to everyone else?

Each "ghost" is an individual, not just a boring floating orb of light that can be seen exactly the same way every time, just as humans are unique from each other. There are similar traits, yes, but none identical.

On the contrary, it is the variety that makes me more willing to believe in them. If every person on the planet described their best friend or worst enemy exactly the same way, would you believe that everyone on the planet has met the one person and formed an identical opinion of them to everyone else?

Each "ghost" is an individual, not just a boring floating orb of light that can be seen exactly the same way every time, just as humans are unique from each other. There are similar traits, yes, but none identical.

I see no similarity between an orb and a dark hooded figure.

I'm sorry, but physical appearance has no weighing on spiritual appearance.

Nor does one's character have weighing, for upon birth we are all but blank slates to be shaped into the future unique individuals that we are to become.

Now unless you are telling me that the spiritual avatars we are supposed to assume after death are shaped by each and every change in our personalities and physical appearances, that would be a bit more logical, but it would be long shot.

For me, their variations speak out for only the difference in perception of ghosts and other such in different individuals. Some think ghosts look like Dark Shadowy silhouette, others perceive them in their mind as white orbs, per-say.

So I will say it again.

Tricks of the mind.

Edited by Ælex

I see no similarity between an orb and a dark hooded figure.

I'm sorry, but physical appearance has no weighing on spiritual appearance.

Nor does one's character have weighing, for upon birth we are all but blank slates to be shaped into the future unique individuals that we are to become.

Now unless you are telling me that the spiritual avatars we are supposed to assume after death are shaped by each and every change in our personalities and physical appearances, that would be a bit more logical, but it would be long shot.

For me, their variations speak out for only the difference in perception of ghosts and other such in different individuals. Some think ghosts look like Dark Shadowy silhouette, others perceive them in their mind as white orbs, per-say.

So I will say it again.

Tricks of the mind.

I might be willing to accept that it is only mind tricks in all cases, except for the shared experiences I've had with others. Like my story a page or two back where my friend and I saw the exact same thing at the exact same time and we asked questions back and forth about what it looked and seemed like for well over an hour without any discrepancies between us.

A large portion of the time I do believe it is people just overreacting to a shadow or a sound though, just not always.

Just as you disbelieve because they are not proven, I believe because they are not disproven.

I don't know... But when I was with my friend to where his party was held, it's this bar, I felt some presence there and it felt fimiliar. I usually felt this when I was alone, and just by the swings the feeling came

I might be willing to accept that it is only mind tricks in all cases, except for the shared experiences I've had with others. Like my story a page or two back where my friend and I saw the exact same thing at the exact same time and we asked questions back and forth about what it looked and seemed like for well over an hour without any discrepancies between us.

A large portion of the time I do believe it is people just overreacting to a shadow or a sound though, just not always.

Just as you disbelieve because they are not proven, I believe because they are not disproven.

Then we can only speculate.

Lets leave it at that. wink.gif