Kokuchan

Ghosts and Other Paranormalities

Might as well share what I've seen, too.

First, I'll start with my strange object that I saw with my friend. It was close to New Year, around October or November, and I decided to visit my friend around 9 in the night (random, yes, but he's on the other side of the street and we are good buddies). So I knock on his window and wait for him to come out. We speak a bit about paranormal stuff (since we love creepy and scary things) and also discuss about what we should do tomorrow - maybe we could go out at night and such. So we were gazing at the sky and speaking stuff about it - how he saw that a part of the Google Sky was 'censored' and darkened because of Niburu and we suddenly spot this bright light in the sky. It's like a star, from our spot as it did not move, but we had a feeling about the thing. Suddenly, out of nowhere, this thing starts moving very fast across the sky and actually gets smaller until disappearing. We were shocked. I went back home around 11 and 30 because we were so freaking excited, but no video was made because both of us didn't have any good way to take footage. We won't be forgetting that anytime soon.

Next let's check the paranormality I saw yet again with the same friend. So it's the late afternoon and me and my friend, being very brave decide to go into a left-out abandoned building to explore it. We were scared of the idea to go at night, so we chose to go around the afternoon - both gives us the opportunity to return in the dark and at the same time give us a good amount of time to explore. So this is a four-story building with a big basement that was supposed to become a school with a built-in pool, new computers and have a lot of rooms, but the project was abandoned. So we enter the building and hide our bikes from view so no one comes and takes them. We quickly go up the first four floors and look around. The walls up to the third floor are covered with tags, but the fourth floor was strangely untouched. There was a nice outlook on it and we went to look from there and manage to spot a few signs of struggle around here - footsteps on the ground left by dirt and broken pieces of wood and metal. We leave the place and go into the basement, with only two flashlights and a lighter. Usually, most of the rooms are full with condoms and blankets on the ground, since the young teens come to party there, but in one of the rooms we, or more like I actually found... something. It looked as if something had been living inside, strange pus on the walls and even something like a creature sitting in the corner. So, having been the only one to spot it, I tell my friend we should practice some sprinting and we soon ran out of the place just like practice, being careful and even jumping over a set of stairs, then running out from the other exit of the basement. It was very creepy and I informed my friend when we got out. We quickly took our bikes and left the place since we got scared. So now we're trying to get the courage ot go at night - maybe with a couple more guys - and especially check the basement and the rooftop.

Very creepy.

D:

Well, creepy. Take, like, something to defend yourself with if there is actually something there, okay? Even if it's not something paranormal.

My gran says she's seen a ghost in her house. Just by my grandfather's bathroom. She says it was a man, and she could just see them from the waist up.

Now, there's a bit of a story which involved my family about that plot.

It used to be a restaurant in which my mom and uncle used to work. There was a very, uh, unique and quirky owner who employed them. They all liked him; he sounds quite funny from their stories. Anyway. So the place where my grandfather's bathroom is, used to be roughly the area where he would have lived.

So we think it might be him, come to haunt us. o3o He was definitely a character.

My first was when I was 8 (5 years back)

I just got home from school. I was alone in the house all windows shut no doors open all locked and i dont have an air conditioner. This magazine was open on the bench in the middle of it. Then I was looking around then suddenly a page turned! then one after another as if something was reading it! (I admit I was scared!)then it shut as if it had finished! Then i heard the stairs creaking then the back door open and shut. (i was totally freaked!) I didnt tell anyone I was too scared and i thought they wouldnt believe me!

Also I still smell my grandma's perfume where ever i go! I know she watching over me

I haven't had any experiences myself, personally (unless I count that one time about that experience I had where I got teleported [don't laugh at me] but it happened when I was little and I can't remember that much. If you want to hear about it anyway I can type it up). I have studied the paranormal for the past...4 years? Everything from a scientific approach and I try not to let my biases get in the way of my research. I can tell you theories and then I can tell you facts that affect hauntings and people themselves.

My beliefs, however, are that we don't know everything about the world or the universe and ghosts and hauntings could very well be something completely normal and we're just too focused on what we think is normal. It's fine if you don't believe in them, but it really gets me angry that people just flat out deny it. It's really hard to get proof for this stuff, and then we do, but then people think it's faked or we didn't do it correctly. It's like, "We are trying people! Give us a break!" If they think it's not real at all, I would love to see them try and disprove it. I've heard of complete skeptics go out and try to disprove hauntings and such and come back with something they can't explain by any means. I think the best ghost hunters are the skeptics XD It's funny if they come back with something they can't explain by "normal" means. And, yes, I know if you can't explain something it doesn't mean it can't be. But, skeptics are there to, obviously, disprove it. They will try every method they know and can come up with to disprove it.

I realize my thoughts go all over the place vwv I apologize.

I may seem like a nut, but I swear my elementary school is haunted. One day I was staying for tutoring, and I walk down to the other side of it. I saw what looked like two car lights outside. Right outside the door. On the boardwalk thing for wheelchairs.

No, you don't seem like a nut. tongue.gif If you are are one, so are we all who posted in this thread.

Okay. I keep having dreams about taking pictures in the dark and ghosts turn up in them.

Also, I dream quite a lot about my grandmother. I don't know if this counts as being paranormal, but when I meet her in my dreams she seems happy and healthy. I know she was supposed to be dead, even in my dreams, but she doesn't seem to realize it, however. (Those dreams feel damn real, too!)

Same experience with my old cat that died. I could meet him in my dreams for a long time after he went. sad.gif He seemed happy; I could hold him even though sometimes he would become translucent. But I knew he was still with us somehow.

Also, Tabby Boy used to spray in our house. A lot.

Not so much in his last agonizing months, so the smell wasn't that persistent anymore.

Anyway; after he died, in the same night I was laying on my bed, thinking about my lost pet and I suddenly felt the cat odor; it was a strong cat odor, as if it was fresh. He WAS there, in my room, making his presence known! Even if it annoyed me to the rage when he did it during his lifetime, this time I was kind of happy to feel that smell once more. o.o

I can also recall seeing him passing around the house with the corner of my eye several times, like a sort of shadow. But it was him alright.

It stopped happening a while ago and at the same time, he stopped showing up in my dreams too.

I think there might be a ghost in one of the walls in my school. This ghost seems to like pulling my hair slightly. Not hard, just slightly.

There was something else, but I can't remember what.

I can tell a few stories about the odd ghosts i've seen or felt the presence of. But i'm not going to. Being a slightly sensitive person is not nice.

However, after my lovely cat died, i used to see her walk around. Or when i am on my computer, i have a feeling of being watched, and turn to my door just to see her sitting there, watching me.

It happens often, ( ever week or two) so i am very use to her sitting around.

Her appearances are to due to her being my 'baby', after all she was the first pet i got in 2003, when i was very young and treated her like a very, small little sister.

Annnd after she died i did, sorta, have a 3 week mental breakdown. Ehh yeah. We were and are still very attached to each other. I visit her grave site a lot, but i think shes making me remember that i need to make her a head stone... It's been two ish years now. I need to make it.

Recently, i've only been able to see her as a faint silhouette, sitting beside my door or walking around. And only the weeks around her death date.

I don't know why though.

I've never had any paranormal experiences in my life... I'm not really sure if I believe in it or not, but I do find it interesting, though I'm also a little skeptical. I dunno really.

Agree. Not really a believer since I haven't experienced anything myself or been involved in something similar. xd.png

But I was always fascinated by psychics who helped the police solve crimes that I've seen on TV. Made me wonder if it all might be true, though I'm still not sure what to think of it. wacko.gif

Skepticism seems to be the best ghost repellant.

Me and some friends used to live by this big church, and back when I was still religious, we'd spend late evenings and sometimes nights in the cemetery due to silly dares we used to give each other. It turned from a one dare thing to a regular hunt for ghosts.

My now long long distant childhood friends used to get spooked very easily, and often said they "saw" things, like lights and specks out of the corners of their eyes. I, frankly just... I was curious, and wanted it to happen to me too, but it never did. One time I thought I saw something though, and guess what. I went to check it out.

....it was a plastic bag being blown by the wind.

Anyway, I've never had a paranormal experience, and see no reason to believe that hokum.

Edited by Brotato

While, as a rule, I don't believe in any kind of paranormal stuff, I have seen and heard weird stuff.

In my own house, I've heard knocking and music late at night when I know I'm the only one still awake. Once, I heard someone whisper 'hey' into my ear. Woke me right up and I couldn't go to sleep after. I couldn't recognize the voice, it sounded like a man's maybe. Stuff gets moved around in my room a lot too but I think I can blame that on my forgetfulness.

In my boyfriend's house, I saw a shadow walking up the stairs in the corner of my eye. I looked at the stairs expecting to see his brother walking up them but no one was there. Might have been my imagination but, my boyfriend has told me about seeing weird shadows all over his house.

A few years ago, I was in a barn on a farm my father worked at. I was in the hay loft with a cat playing with my DS. We heard foot steps walking around the loft and after a bit, giggling too. I know it wasn't just me this time because the cat heard it too. I grabbed the cat and got the censorkip.gif out of that place.

I only really had one scary experience where I was somehow frozen in place and I felt cold. I started feeling dozens of hands all over my body trying to grab at me. The grips were weak and almost felt like they went through me to some degree and it was chilling. I couldn't move, couldn't scream, and after a while it went away. I collapsed and just tried to calm down. This happened a few days after I messed with a crappy paper Ouija a friend had made so yeah. I don't know if that has any relation to it but that my scary ghost story.

I can go into more detail, but all in all that's what happened.

There is a demon in my house. I know it's a demon because it goes away when you say Jesus.

It slams doors repeatedly and gives off this really creepy "Imma get ya" feeling. It once appeared as a sinister white orb that felt totally evil. Can't describe it better than that.

When it started happening Mum didn't believe me but then she had things happen to her.

It haunts one room in particular that I don't go into. If someone stands in the doorway or by the windows of that room there's an "I'm watching you" feeling. It also hangs around the hallway downstairs, invisible, putting out creepy vibes to try and scare people.

It threw stuff at me once and unlocked a door I locked. I double checked that door. It was locked. I was the last person near it but in the morning it was unlocked.

It creeps me out but if it goes in my room I tell it to get out in the name of Jesus and it goes. Just can't figure out how to boot it out permanently.

My whole family can feel it but it doesn't go near my Dad much for some reason. Maybe he scares it or doesn't notice it as much?

Some things can be hallucinations though. I have had them when very very deeply depressed. I kept seeing shadows and feeling like they were stalking me. I knew it was just me though because no one else saw them or felt anything like it.

I've seen other things too as a kid. I saw a cat in our living room and I was going to tell my Dad but then it walked through the wall. A couple of times I've seen a woman in a white dress walk past the open doorway but not be there two seconds later. As I was a kid I don't know what those were. Might have been imagining them but they were creepy either way.

Edited by Cireth

I'm in the mood for some chills so what paranormal experiences have you guys ever seen/heard?

I had one experience where I went to the kitchen to get something and a chair moved..by itself. My sister blamed it on the window (what) but the window wasn't even open xd.png

Well, I don't believe in ghosts, demons, the afterlife, or any of that stuff. I think that when you die, you just stop existing. No more brain activity, no more you. Though, what I do believe is possible (and happens) is human instincts.

Lemme explain my POV. Well, back in the olden days, when we were nomads dressed in skins and carrying flint knives, we needed to make sure the bigger and nastier things didn't eat us. So, evolution naturally favored those who were able to hear a twig snap and think "Oh sh*t that's a mountain lion and it's going to eat my face off" rather than those who thought "Eh, probably nothing" and 9 times out of 10 got their faces eaten off. Nowadays, we don't have mountain lions stalking us wherever we go, but the instinct remains. We hear a creak in the house, and our minds go "There is something behind that door that wants to attack me" first, before logic kicks in. Our brains, behind all our evolution into sentience, are stilled programmed with those basic adrenaline triggers, which sets off what my karate teacher likes to call our "frog brains". We take a cloud of dust, turn it into something familiar like a face, and then bam! You get a ghost sighting.

I don't believe in ghosts.

I believe in spirits.

See, I believe that we as humans have souls- we have a conscience. So where does that go when we pass?

I personally believe that forming a concrete opinion on something no one can prove either way is rather pointless, so I'm just open minded to everything. Does it exist? Maybe. What is it? Who knows.

I have had quite a few things happen to me, though. But I don't pretend to know what the cause was. I'll touch on a few of them.

First one: I'm watching tv and out of the corner of my eye I see this sort of brownish-grey orb thing, about the size of a beachball, go zooming over my kitchen island countertop, from one end to the other. I turn around, nothing there. Go back to watching tv. Thing flies back and forth a few more times, and each pass is now accompanied by rattling of pots and pans in the island. I decide I'm not dealing with any paranormal stuff, so I walk right on past that kitchen island and go to bed.

Second one: When I was little, I had a scooter thing called a "flying turtle" (literally the best thing ever). It made a very distinctive sound when I rode it around the kitchen tiles. I wake up in the middle of the night, and hear that exact sound, getting fainter and louder like it's going around the kitchen island. I panic for a minute or so, then figure that at least whatever it is isn't in my room and go back to sleep. I don't have siblings/anyone who could have been riding it.

Conclusion: my kitchen island is haunted by a brown floating beachball that loves riding kids' scooters. Could be worse, I suppose. xd.png

Once when I was almost asleep, I heard some talking out in the living room. I knew my mom was asleep, and there was nobody else in the house. The talking continued, so I walked out into the living room, thinking the television was still on. All electronics were off. Once I walked out into the living room, the talking stopped. The whole time, I had earplugs in since I'm very sensitive to noise. It was pretty spooky.

I'm in the position of both a believer and a sceptic. I believe that paranormalities exist in some form or another (not sure which) but I'll try all 'natural' explanations first before deciding something is a ghost.

Well... if ghosts really exist, it shouldn't stop at human-shaped ghosts... (??) I believe that there are flies way more vengeful than those axe-welding demons.

What about see-into-the-future kind of dreams? Many a times I dream a realistic dream and a few months down the road, I get an immerse sense of deja vu. It's darn cool.

I like to think that things like ghosts exist.

I've always wanted to explore haunted places and try to talk to ghosts in a calm manner, unlike these loud annoying jerks on TV who go to haunted places and insult/yell at all the spirits to provoke them.

I feel that if ghosts are present in a place, they shouldn't be forced to do anything or get yelled at for entertainment.

I'm aware most of those shows are fake, though.

Anyway - since I was little I believed I could communicate with spirits and other things of the sort. Even demons, actually. I feel that they are real as well but I don't fear them.

I think that there are a few spirits or demons that reside in my home, but they haven't bothered me in the slightest.

Whether it's real or not, paranormal stuff is pretty cool and I'll always find it interesting.

Edited by Silverwinter

I certainly don't believe in ghosts or witches, but I definitely believe in aliens. I'm only 15 and I've seen at least 6 UFOs (at least, neither me nor my parents knew what they were). I think I MAY have been abducted, but I'm really not sure. I remember big eyes, cold, numbness, and then the being frozen in bed, looking up at something that looked like a big black shadow. It was...creepy, but at least now I know they really are out there.

Demons...I'm not sure about them. I believe in God, but I just don't know if I believe in demons. Part of me wants to, because the demons in Supernatural are cool, but the other part knows real demons probably wouldn't be as funny and sexy as Crowley.

I live in St. Louis, and the Lemp Mansion, which people say is super haunted...well, it isn't. We spent a night there, and everyone who believed the place was haunted claimed they saw ghosts, felt chills, saw stuff move...I saw nothing. Felt nothing. I think it's the power of belief that makes you think ghosts are responsible for making you see things in a place that's supposed to be scary.

Of course, one could argue that my strong belief in aliens is why I experience the alien-related phenomenon. laugh.gif

Oh man, does anyone listen to the Lore podcast?

Like, I don't particularly believe in any paranormal stuff, but the stories and history behind 'em are absolutely fascinating. Definitely a great listen.

Oh man, does anyone listen to the Lore podcast?

Like, I don't particularly believe in any paranormal stuff, but the stories and history behind 'em are absolutely fascinating. Definitely a great listen.

No, but I've got it downloading now, so I can listen to it when doing menial lab work!

~

I'm one of those people who doesn't-really-believe-but-kinda-believes-anyway in ghosts/the paranormal.

Over break, my mom, sister, and I flew out to see my grandparents. (They're getting up there in age and a lot of relatives are getting sick, so they keep staying up to help take care of people, rather than traveling to us during Christmas like they used to.)

I woke up one morning and went out to join everybody in the living room/dining room. My sister immediately turns to me and says, quite seriously, "I need to tell you something - in private." She was so serious I just told her okay and walked back down the hall so we could talk in the room we were sleeping in.

My sister reminded me that when she wakes up, she's fully awake. (She has a lot of issues falling and staying asleep, so that makes sense.) Then she tells me that she woke up last night and saw a womanly figure wearing a scarf standing over me, a hand over her chest and sighing. My sister just laid there trying to figure out if it was mom or grandma or something when the figure just disappeared.

Neither of us can think of anybody we know who recently died nor do we know anyone alive who typically wears a scarf.

Now. Creepy feelings went away when nothing else happened. Then I went back to school. My roommate and I went out to lunch one day and ended up chilling at the coffee shop. I laughed and my shirt moved. My roommate stopped and told me that she'd just hallucinated strangulation marks around my neck when my shirt had moved.

I'm sure it's nothing and all reasonably explained, but it's been years since I've gotten any creepy ghost stories, much less two possibly creepy happenings so close together.

Well, I don't believe in ghosts, demons, the afterlife, or any of that stuff. I think that when you die, you just stop existing. No more brain activity, no more you. Though, what I do believe is possible (and happens) is human instincts.

Lemme explain my POV. Well, back in the olden days, when we were nomads dressed in skins and carrying flint knives, we needed to make sure the bigger and nastier things didn't eat us. So, evolution naturally favored those who were able to hear a twig snap and think "Oh sh*t that's a mountain lion and it's going to eat my face off" rather than those who thought "Eh, probably nothing" and 9 times out of 10 got their faces eaten off. Nowadays, we don't have mountain lions stalking us wherever we go, but the instinct remains. We hear a creak in the house, and our minds go "There is something behind that door that wants to attack me" first, before logic kicks in. Our brains, behind all our evolution into sentience, are stilled programmed with those basic adrenaline triggers, which sets off what my karate teacher likes to call our "frog brains". We take a cloud of dust, turn it into something familiar like a face, and then bam! You get a ghost sighting.

Yes, me exactly. Other peoples' claims of paranormal are probably exaggerations, plain made up, or explained via simple science. Yes, you can see thing out of the corner of your eye, those are called floaters. Orbs in photographs? Those happened because of crappy cameras and lighting.