Kokuchan

Ghosts and Other Paranormalities

I think it's strange, and don't really believe in it. I kinda think the people who do need to get out more.

Um, actually, not much encounters, although I'd enjoy one xP

There's one about a UFO. I know, boring, but that's something, right???

I was playing with my dog in the backyard of my house, and I just looked up to the night sky and saw a little star beside the crescent moon.

I can swear it wasn't a plane; I mean, it was light yellow, no red lights, and didn't move or flicker.

I looked back to my dog again, and after one or two minutes when I looked up, the star was gone.

It may be nothing (well, it's probably nothing), but I sort of force myself to think it was an encounter xd.png

I lived in Arizona then, and people say that tons of UFOs are there.

My aunt and uncle saw one, too. Three moving red dots that wavered and blinked out of their sight. It sounded pretty neat, actually.

Edited by jennyshin24

I have seen a ghost [the same one] quite often in my house and it's actually really scaring me >.< I always leave some kind of light source in my room nowadays [seems to repel this one] and I don't see him too often anymore.

He couldn't speak, only whisper some stuff that I wouldn't be able to hear. I named him "Creep" xd.png After he tried speaking to me [and noticing it failed], he then tried to pick up my pen. I took it from him before he could break it since it was a fountain pen ;A;

My first encounter with him was when I was home alone [my whole family was in the hospital but I refused to go :/] and the window - which was open - kept rattling, even though it wasn't THAT windy outside. I eventually tried to close the window but then it just flew out at me...

Oh gosh I hate recounting this xd.png

Edited by cfmtfm

I swear there's someone in our house. All of us (being me and my parents) have heard things. Quite often we hear sounds as if someone is walking around upstairs while we're all downstairs. Our dogs will sometimes stare at things, too.

We think there may be another dog here as well. My dad had a dog a long time ago and we think she may still be hanging around.

My mom says she doesn't feel threatened by whoever it is at all and that it may be my dad's grandma.

I get the feeling on occasion that someone is standing near me or that someone else is in the room. You know how you get that feeling sometimes when someone is in your personal space bubble?

Anyway, I do believe that ghosts exist. Not sure about demons, though. Aliens have to exist out there somewhere. What are the chances that this planet is the ONLY planet with some form of life on it?

I kinda think the people who do need to get out more.

What do you mean "get out more"? Go out of the house? Are you saying that people who believe in any paranormal entities are people who are shut ins?

I think that sometimes ghosts just tend to latch onto people with a certain energy. It could also just be paranoia or wanting to experience something so much that people think they do.

The area has some impact too, of course. Up until the gothic writing style became common, haunted places were only considered to be old castles and such. When the gothic style started, literature started appearing all over America about haunted places such as old battle fields. Since America didn't have any old castles, but it had had plenty of old battle grounds from the surplus of wars the young country had fought, this started a trend. Soon the gothic style had spread to other countries. This possibly created a mind set that would lead to reports of hauntings years into the future.

But yea, people with a firm belief that ghosts don't exist aren't likely to come across them. At least, until they find the more violent ones.

Actually, that's not true. Stories about places being haunted date back to at least Greek and Roman times; the earliest mention in literature is in the Epic of Gilgamesh. This was before any castles were built.

The belief that the dead could haunt the living, and/or strange experiences regardless of belief, seem to be a pretty universal thing in human cultures in any age.

There are also loads of books with titles like "I Never Believed in Ghosts Until..." so I don't think pre-existing belief has anything to do with unexplained phenomena.

I believe in ghosts, but I've had experiences I can't explain. What the phenomena we call "ghosts" actually are - who can say? But something's going on that people are experiencing and calling ghosts.

I had an obsession with reading ghost stories as a teenager, and constantly stalking castleofspirits.com laugh.gif to read paranormal stories people submitted.

I also was both fascinated and horrified by those "scary pop up" links people were always sending out in chain letters and passing around to each other on the internet. The first one someone sent me I hadn't known it was going to be like that, and it SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME! For a week, I had to drape my computer with a cloth because I was sooo scared thinking the ghost was going to come out of the screen. xd.png

Now I love watching paranormal movies. I love those kinds of horror movies. My biggest wish is to try an oujia board, but I don't want to do it alone...

Well, one time i was sleeping, it was about 3:00 am and i was home alone. I don't know what woke me up, i didn't hear anything. I guess i just felt it. I looked out the window out of habit, and there was a dim glowing orb, slowly passing through my backyard. I was really confused and tired at the time, so i just went back to sleep.

And i usually see flickers at the corner of my eyes. I'm sure i'm the only one in the room. Actually, im posistive my house isn't haunted, but it seems like sometimes things are pssing through.

Another time, when i was little i was dreaming about my birthday party that was the next day, then heard "Why wasn't i invited?" whispered coldly in my ear. Then, i felt a very cold wind on my face even though the windows and door was closed... Scared me sooo bad i started to cry.

ANOTHER time, i was half asleep when i heard sniffling, like a dog. I kept turning to look where it was coming from but nothing was there. It lasted roughly half an hour and was weird since i didn't have any pets at the time. Also, sometimes when i'm sitting at my desk i fell someone touching my head from behind... like now O.o it usually goes away after a while.

Well, I'm pretty sure we have a ghost - or, more accurately, my sister does. She's only ten and has seen about every scary movie a ten year old shouldn't see. My dad is a horror movie junkie, we've seen pretty much everything except The Exorcist, and the thing is, while my dad might have been showing me a movie at ten years old, that means my sister was seeing it at six years old. So. Yeah. She's pretty messed up from that, and I think she is certifiably insane, but besides that, she is completely convinced that a demon/ghost has latched onto her. This whole summer she had these instances where she heard someone walking in her room, saw people standing by her doorway from the corner of her eye, etc. They scared her so much that most nights she was in tears, absolutely terrified. Now she is still having these experiences of sorts. At night she can't sleep - she is afraid of her own room - because she hears breathing. She has dreams that human-shaped shadows watch her from the walls, or stand over her in her bed. (I'm getting creeped out just thinking about it). Lately it's been all about the breathing - she brings us into her room and tells us to listen. We don't hear anything, but she freaks out because she swears something is breathing, all ragged and panty. One night I was alone in my room - her room is next to ours - and everyone else was downstairs, so I was by myself. I heard this strange hacking noise, like a cough, from her room....*shudders* I panicked, called my family upstairs with urgency, and they concluded it must have been one of our cats, or something, at least the one cat that always hangs out in her room, his name is Bobby. The next night my sister said she heard it, and while she was listening to it, Bobby was sleeping right beside her, quietly. That night I had a dream in all black and white, a dream that a strange man was walking through our house.

Spooky...huh? I'm sure this can all be dismissed as "nothing" but on the one hand, my family and I believe in ghosts and the paranormal completely. My parents both had ghosts in their childhood homes. My mother had an elderly gentlemen, complete with an elegant cane and a nice suit, who walked up and down her driveway and vanished before he got any further. My dad had a boy of some ethnicity - I can't remember if it was Native American or Hispanic or something - that he and his friends claimed to have seen repeatedly for years.

Fun times.

Edit: Ooh, and one of my favorite experiences - that happened to me for a change - is one I forgot to tell about. It was a morning when I was getting ready to go to school - I had to wake up super early, as I always do - and I was walking from the kitchen to the bathroom. Between those two locations is our sliding glass door which gives us a view of the backyard and the small playground we have. I still remember it, distinctly - a stick figure shape, very peculiarly shaped, blurry and black, literally leaping across the yard. I sort of froze, like everything stopped, and just watched it until it vanished under the playground.

That one is fun to talk about. I think I was very deprived of sleep.

Edited by glamoursea2

I lived in Arizona then, and people say that tons of UFOs are there.

Come to New Mexico, we have Roswell

==========

In all seriousness I believe in ghosts and other paranormal things (including demons) and have had my share of encounters (I don't suppose it helps that most of our deceased pets are buried in our yard).

I have seen my grandmother on one occasion, shortly after she died, and occasionally can smell her perfume - a brand we no longer keep in the house and haven't since her death.

We have at least one cat ghost, one of which likes to creep up in my bed at night and curl up next to my leg; he's either one of mom's old cats who died a long time ago or my favorite cat from my childhood. I have seen a black cat rushing by out of the corner of my eye countless times; I'm convinced it's Pookie (her real name was Spooky), my grandma's cat who died about a year after she did (in the same exact part of the bed my grandmother died).

We have at least one dog ghost, my mom's childhood German Shepherd named Satan. Sometimes we can hear the clicking of dog claws on the floor going up and down the hallway where my mom tells me he used to patrol at night.

I don't know that there's anything truly evil in my house but there's a rumor in the family that people were buried here before and I have heard footsteps walking through the house at night, heavy footsteps that strongly remind me of the footsteps in the Paranormal Activity movies. One of our dogs has a tendency to bark randomly at times during both day and night, leading me to believe that she's seeing something no one else does. We have caught our cats staring at single spots for extended periods of time more than once - usually something in front of our fireplace - but only a couple times have they growled or hissed at something we did not see.

I fully believe that mirrors are doorways and I do not like them, but I feel more neutral about the dresser-size mirror in my room. My mother's dresser-mirror and my brother's chest with more than one largish mirror are the ones that give off truly bad vibes to me and I usually refuse to be around them for any reason. I always feel as though I'm being watched when a mirror is in the room and I am constantly afraid of what will be looking back at me when I look into a mirror. For the same reason, I can't have doors open in my room when it's dark/I'm in bed.

I'm not overly religious, but I do keep 3 crucifixes (and at least one rosary), two dreamcatchers, and a pentagram in my room. While they may not keep things entirely away they do make me feel better.

My mom also believes in ghosts and the paranormal but my brother is very skeptical, although he admits having heard and seen things in his room. We have some friends who are haunted as well, by the ghost of a young girl and an adult male. They live near where an old TB hospital used to be and that's what they think the little was, a patient; they aren't sure about the man.

All that being said, I do like to watch certain horror/ghost films but I can't watch most of them at night or alone.

About a year ago, I had a job as cleaner (hated the job, but needed the money xd.png). I had four addresses I went to each week. One address was a young family; two sons and their parents.

One time when I was cleaning the master bedroom, I heard something up in the attic, where the boys sleep. It sounded like an animal walking. They don't have any pets and no one was home at the time; usually the mother is home but she needed to get some groceries. So it couldn't have been her sounding like an animal.

I went up to check if maybe some animal had snuck in (unlikely as it's a very urban area, but it's always possible of course; pets escaping and such or a cat sneaking in). I didn't see anything and there was no sign of an animal of any kind ever having been there.

A few weeks later, I overheard the mother talking on the phone. Honestly I tried to tone it out because I don't like listening in to conversations like that, but she was being very loud so I couldn't really not listen. She was telling the person on the other side that her youngest son had been sleeping very badly again, because of a fox he's sure is looking at him when he's sleeping and it creeps him out.

It could have been mere coincidence of course and the son can just be having bad dreams. But I was so sad for the boy; she sounded like she thought he was just being stupid and didn't even consider the idea that he might really be seeing something. The older son never experiences the fox because he can sleep through a bomb going off next to his ear; it'd have been very interesting if he'd experienced it too.

After getting home that time I checked if maybe the area used to be forest or the like. Turns out there used to be a forest not too far off which has been taken down to build more houses.

I wish I could spend a night at that house to see if I could maybe experience the same as the boy. Too bad she fired me a few weeks after it happened; we didn't really get along too well xd.png

Now this is my kind of topic tongue.gif

I have had unexplainable things happen to me;

I was home alone on the computer, out of the corner of my eye I saw something in the hallway. That happens often so I brushed it off, but then I heard my door open, this tricked me about three times before I realised that my family hadn't come home yet. After that I heard footsteps in the kitchen, it wasn't human footsteps, more like a dogs nails clicking on the hardwood. This scared me because my only dog was in my parent's bedroom. Then I heard a very soft growl, this also scared me deeply. No one was there, nor did anyone really believe me.

I'm not sure if this happened before or after that, but one night I woke up to really weird noise. It was the middle of the night so no one was awake, and trust me, I don't have any animals that could make this noise. It was a cross between a cat yowling and a baby crying. It went on for about ten minutes, then stopped when I turned on my light. The next morning, my family said they hadn't heard anything. But I know I wasn't dreaming.

I feel like crying now that's how scary it was. sad.gif

Edited by Skystorm

as many times as i have heard about ghosts i honestly don't believe in them. evil spirits can sometimes manifest a form and knock things over but thats about the extent of it. ghosts are people's ignorant mind playing tricks on them to the point where they think its real. anyone can point a camera somewhere then pass a shadow in front of a light and make a light flicker on and off for no reason. ghosts are probably about as fake as big foot sightings

Ghosts and paranormal in general are something that fashinate me.

I have never seen, or heard, or felt a presence and I think a good 99% of the videos/photos showing ghosts are fake, but I can't say I don't believe in them.

The most strange experience I had was with a dream.

About 7 years ago I had a dream of me in a sort of medieval village and arriving to a little church. It was a little romanic church, with a small arcade and a lot of horse chestnut leaves on the ground in front of it. The dream was very clear and rich in details but it was not that strange, I often remenber my dreams.

The strange thing happened some month later, when I saw a picture of a church in a medieval village (famous for some witches stories by the way): it was exactly identical to the one in my dream, and I can swear I never saw it before. Also, some times later I discovered that near the church is a 4 centuries old tree.. and it is a horse chestnut.

Something you guys might find interesting. (Warning for language in the full link and blog title.)

I'm not sure how true the story behind this is, but I am 90% certain the beings are real. I've encountered Zozo during a seance and possibly Mama and Lily under different names. Something kept interrupting and putting "ZN" into the Ouija board. It was pretty freaky at the time. Still pretty freaky considering one stayed with me for awhile...

Edited by St. Jimmy

I believe in some entities, but I don't know if they're ghosts or spirits or what have you. I'm not sure I believe in Ouija boards though.

And i do believe in magic, but not the Harry Potter sense of the world. The magic I believe in is a lot more subtle.

I keep an open mind about many things, I love to watch Ghost Hunters - where teams go into haunted areas and try to debunk things and a lot of times they do come up with practical explanations, logical reasons for 'paranormal events' other times they end up finding things they can't even explain.

There have been instances in my life where I have seen/heard/felt things that might defy logic.

Story time:

My sister and her two children, lived in a townhouse complex where strange events often occured. A few examples: My niece had a toy radio that would turn itself on and off at strange times, no one around it. My nephew's bedroom upstairs often smelled of spaghetti even when my sister hadn't made any spaghetti (or pasta of any kind for some time), things would disappear out of her home and appear in a neighbour's home or visa-versa. Cards left on the table over night in a deck would be set out as if someone had been playing solitare, and other odd things as well.

They called it their 'ghost' and called the ghost "fred" Fred would listen if you talked to him, strange events or things would stop for a bit if you just said something along the line of " cut it out Fred."

One night while babysitting I was reading the kids bedtime stories downstairs and heard a sound of what seemed to be a rocking chair rocking back and forth overhead. My sister did not own a rocking chair of any kind. I went upstairs looked around to see if I could find the noise or what was making it - nothing. Go back downstairs continue with the story and noise starts up again. Finally I looked up at the ceiling and said "Fred if that is you cut it out." the noise stopped and I didn't hear it again the rest of the night.

My sister every spring got a very strange chilling phone call that she hated, the phone call came around the same time every year. It was the sound of a baby crying in extreme pain - but the line always sounded dead - just the baby crying could be heard nothing else and then it would stop.

My sister looked into things and found out that two children did end up dying in the town home she was living in one a baby and one a girl maybe around 4-5. Both died in the early spring time. The story my sister got from those who lived around the complex seemed to be basically the same story who she asked with only a few simple differences here or there. My sister believed the phone call she got of the screaming baby was the baby who died there.

This was only one instance of being around strange things I couldn't quite explain.

Now this is my kind of topic tongue.gif

I have had unexplainable things happen to me;

I was home alone on the computer, out of the corner of my eye I saw something in the hallway. That happens often so I brushed it off, but then I heard my door open, this tricked me about three times before I realised that my family hadn't come home yet. After that I heard footsteps in the kitchen, it wasn't human footsteps, more like a dogs nails clicking on the hardwood. This scared me because my only dog was in my parent's bedroom. Then I heard a very soft growl, this also scared me deeply. No one was there, nor did anyone really believe me.

I'm not sure if this happened before or after that, but one night I woke up to really weird noise. It was the middle of the night so no one was awake, and trust me, I don't have any animals that could make this noise. It was a cross between a cat yowling and a baby crying. It went on for about ten minutes, then stopped when I turned on my light. The next morning, my family said they hadn't heard anything. But I know I wasn't dreaming.

I feel like crying now that's how scary it was. sad.gif

Wow, if i was in your place i would've grabbed my phone and called mum xd.png

Im horrible with scary stuff, i live in a 40 year old mansion.... Under the house is sortve like a basement, though, its all dirt and the supports of the house. There is cobwebs everywhere ect. One day i had a sleepover down in the room next to it. We were doing dares, i was dared to walk on the dirt (a fair way towards the back wall). I went out into there and saw some shadowy movment. It took the shape of a man holding a floating dog leash, all i could here was quiet dog barking. But there was no dog, just a leash... I screamed and ran out, i lost the dare game sad.gif :/

Have you ever heard of the San Antonio ghost children? They were on a bus adn the bus stalled on the railroad tracks. The train came and killed them. If you drive your car onto the tracks, you'll feel your car being moved. My teacher's friend put white powder on he back of her car and there were little-kid hand prints there. Seems like they're pushing you off the tracks. If you're into that stuff, you should look 'em up.

I always found these things kind of interesting. My friend all the way back in 6th grade claimed that she was 1/8 paranormal and always told me about the classes of ghosts, types of ghosts, and the different ghosts she saw. I have no clue if any of that was based on truth, but it was really interesting and passed time in middle school. laugh.gif

I think I had a paranormal experience once.

It was a year or two ago, sometime in the middle of winter. My parents were both out at Church practicing for Sunday worship services (iWorship, new thing then, needed a lot of practice) and I was at home with the dog. We were out ion the shed playing when all of a sudden we both heard a car door slam and what sounded exactly like my mom's voice call my dog's name. My dog leaped up and ran to the door, bouncing and prancing around like he always does when he wants outside. I got up like "Alright, they're home!" and let my dog out, but to my surprise he stopped on the porch and his fur stood on end. There was no car in the driveway. All of a sudden my dog starts barking like crazy at something, so I call his name and we go inside. I call my mom at practice and tell her what just happened, and she tried to tell me that it was just the slu ice creaking, but when I tell her what the dog did she freaks out. We talk for a minute, then hang up, and all of a sudden there's noises in the shed, so I take the dog to my room and we sit there on my bed. Before we know it, there's heavy footsteps coming down the hallway, and I know for a fact that no one's home, but it sounds exactly like my dad's heavy boots stomping around when he's mad. I'm scared out of my wits right about now, and the dog doesn't look too happy either, but luckily the footsteps dissipate right outside my room, and nothing more happens. I've never been more scared in my life.

I know I wasn't dreaming, because the dog was hearing the stuff too, and he was acting scared and twitchy. They say animals have a stronger sense of the paranormal than we do. Whatever the case, I know I was awake because people were asking me about what had happened for a week after my experience, because the people at practice had spread the word around.

Really bizarre to say the least o_O And I have no clue whether it's been seen before or not, but I know what I saw wasn't a trick of the eyes.

On Sat Oct 20 (about 5 hours ago) I went outside to check for this supposed meteor shower that was reported to be happening at dark at little after 9. I kept my head out with a frown on my face at not seeing anything but the passing planes landing and taking off from the nearby airport and the ATL (Atlanta Georgia) airport until I saw this.. thing...

It looked initially like the wake of water from a boat bow, that characteristic curve with the point much like how the bow shape was depicted in old manuscripts is the best I can describe it. The color was slightly lighter than the sky at the horizon with the light pollution from the city, so it stood out fairly starkly in the upper half of the dark sky. To give a comparison of how big this thing was, if I stretched out my arm and used my pinky finger as a guide, the formation would span in width the length of the finger, while the lowest flying plane maaaybe covers half my nail on that finger, and that's several miles away. This phenomenon looked to be higher than the high air traffic corridors.

I was going to pass it off as a trick of the eye when what I saw next completely baffled me. As I watched it traced a 'slow' but steady and loose 'S' across the sky from the north to the south in an eastward direction, and the 'wings' flexed in width on the turns as if banking while the point in the middle ALWAYS POINTED in the direction it was going, meaning it was turning AND banking along this path. That's not something I'd see of a meteorite from the Orionoid cluster, and it certainly didn't waver in its trajectory.

If my estimations were correct, the size belies the true speed of the thing as it was going a midge faster than the planes coming in for a landing, and the distance it took to make the turns correlates to the required distance for a craft to move in that manner until I lost it in the haze of the horizon light pollution over the town houses.

Unfortunately no camera shot as I was too busy scratching my head over this and the camera I have would not have done it any justice in the time it would have taken for me to fetch it and focus it. However, has anyone else seen this occurrence to help me make sense of what I saw before or on that same night? Kinda wigged out a little here in the basement. Didn't tell my folks and grandfolks because they were too absorbed into watching Blindside 9_9

Update - I have the photomanipulated image here for a bit of a better representation of what I was trying to describe.

Edited by TaesoSpiritDragon

My boyfriend is into things like this and from what he's told me it sounds like either a wind spirit...not quite sure what to call it, or something else that hangs out in the clouds but what those are I can't remember.

o3o hmm, interesting, might be worth poking his brain again then!

Waiting on a response from him, can you give a better description? it might help.