Kokuchan

Ghosts and Other Paranormalities

So has anyone ever had any paranormal experiences? Or maybe you live or know someone who lives in a house that is haunted? Have you seen any ghosts or anything else ouut of the ordinary? Or do you even believe in the Paranormal?

I myself do and I've had a few encounters one was very recent, only a few days ago. My roommate had gone to work and I was alone in our apartment, I can see straight from the bedroom to the kitchen but we had a long curtain up because of the air Conditioner (we wanted to keep the bedroom and living room cool). I had my glasses on and was wide awake, my cat was laying on the end of the bed asleep. So I look up and see this black hooded looking thing float into the kitchen, it even moved the curtain. I wouldn't have paid any attention had my cat not sat up and looked directly at it as well, her eyes got huge but she didn't growl or anything. It was so real I called out thinking it was my roommate, no answer. So I got up and looked and nothing was there, I wasn't asleep either. But right after that my roommate got like 3 phone calls for interviews, I believe it was a positive omen honestly.

Sometimes when I look at the computer screen I see Rick Astley.

And not like, as pixels, but his head comes out of the keyboard and he starts singing.

Edited by Kai

I believe anythings possible so there is a possibility of paranormal activity occurring and being real. If something happens then you should always try to disprove it before accusing the paranormal, which most people don't do.

I've personally only had one instance where there may have been paranormal activity. I was around the age of 10 and at the time was a bit afraid of the dark so kept my door opened and the bathroom light on (Yea, i know, waste of power whatever).

Well one evening, I'd assume around 1 in the morning since I usually went to bed at 11, I woke up to a slight whisper at my doorway. It sounded female so I assumed it was my mother as I opened my eyes and said "Mom?". Well the light was blocked out and there was a woman there...

It looked to be a woman hovering a few inches off the ground in white and black 1920-1930's apparel (ie. dress and hat of that style). That's when I realized my mom has M.S.(Multiple Sclerosis) and doesn't go up stairs without making a lot of noise (wood steps) and much effort. I sat there staring for about a minute...then fight or flight kicked in.

Of course being my 10 year old self I freaked and hid under the covers (all the protection you need as a kid smile.gif ). And yes I realize sometimes you see things when you're tired and sometimes dreams seem real just after awakening; however, I have to assume it was something there since:

1. the light was blocked out (not turned off as there was light there still)

2. it wasn't a quick glance, I stared for about a minute wondering wtf was going on

3. I know for a fact i was awake and not dreaming lol

Since I believe I saw something it would be hypocritical to say I don't believe in paranormal activity and ghosts, but I wouldn't say I'm sure they exist. As I said, anythings possible.

I've never doubted the possibility that the paranormal could exist. That being said, there's been a lot of unexplainable stuff that happens around where I'm staying right now, apparently. Like last night something that looked like a glowing gold baby blanket floated across the back lawn. That was freaking weird. All my hairs stood on end and something felt like an electric charge building up all around me until the "blanket" went away.

I dunno. I personally believe in ghosts and that my house has a few of them about. Nothing that would truly freak anyone out, nothing thrown or anything, but a lot of unexplained things.

There's some dolls over in the foyer that move about on their own. Almost every time I pass, they're in a different position. Then, on my great-grandfather's favorite chair, we would smell is cologne. Very strongly, too, no residual smell from when he may have sat there last. Then there was my great-grandmother's perfume in the kitchen...

I've been dabbling a little in various things and, according to my pendulum, there are a few little ghosties around. I think I believe it's right considering when I asked if they were family members, they said no, but I asked if they were adoptive family members (my grandmother was adopted), they said yes.

I dunno. Perhaps it may have been my own spazzy hand doing it, but I also believe in this stuff so eh...

And not like, as pixels, but his head comes out of the keyboard and he starts singing.

+1

Eh, I don't believe in ghosts. Awhile ago, though, few aquaintences and myself were at a sleepover (11 year old chick, what do you expect?). We filmed the night to see any "ghosts" we saw (pretty hardcore paranormal believer awhile back) and like, the camera moved fifteen minutes into the film. Like, moved position and there was a finger in front of the film thingy, and it looked all normal, but no one was downstairs. Her twenty six year old sister was at a party and her mom was sleeping or watching TV in her room. Eh, dunno what it was.

laugh.gif

I don't really believe. The photographs out there with "ghosts" in them are probably fake or something mistaken for a ghost. PLUS, with all the molecular and atomic interactions going on at the atomic, subatomic, and h-bar levels, weird thing might happen that are just a, as I like to put it, "glitch in the programming of the Universe." When you walk into a wall, there is a 1 in some trillion trillion trillion chance that you will pass through it unharmed. Stuff like that.

Plus, sometimes people have hallucinations;

a. if you're tired

b. if you have taken medicine or something

c. sometimes it's the lighting playing tricks on you

I tried desperately not to believe in the paranormal for a long time, but...after a certain amount of "coincidences" you just stop believing in coincidence.

[storytiem yo]

My friend and I are major cultivators of "headvoices", pretty much characters that live in our heads that we allow to travel between us. It makes for a great one-on-one ARRPG (Alternate Reality Roleplaying Game), as both of us slowly build/"learn" of our characters' backgrounds.

One of our characters (We'll call him Rri, as that's what the others call him) often refers to himself as a god, simply because of his ability to interact with the physical, (apparently a very rare/difficult to attain skill among his species). This is the longest standing headvoice between us (currently going on one year), so as you can imagine we've "learned" a helluva lot of his history.

But enough of that. Last weekend, we were helluva bored, it was late at night, and having exhausted all of plans for that evening we did not know what to do next. So we did what we usually did; we turned to our headvoices.

As usual, the victim of our boredom was Rri. This time around, we challenged him (her/it) to possess something -- he had told us repeatedly that he could, but we had never actually seen him do it. After a small while of debating (read: whining), he agreed to do a small demonstration on the family cat, as long as we gave him a cue/sign he should use.

He eventually agreed to biting "his" tail as a signal that the possession had been successful, (only because all the other suggestions were along the lines of "hump the beanbag chair" and "lick your privates" (like I said, we were bored out of our wits, and when that happens, headvoices better run.))

To be honest, we didn't bother setting up a timer, mainly for the aforementioned boredom and because it was 11 at night, downstairs was dark, and we had just finished playing LSD -- we were currently too paranoid to move from our well-lit bedroom to get a timepiece. I, however, do not need a timer to know that it took well under five minutes for that cat to start ferociously biting its tail.

Now, this was a rather interesting experience for us because we had never expected anything to come of this little "bet" with our imaginary friend. A bit intrigued, we continued observing the "possessed" cat -- after thirty seconds of snapping at his tail, he stopped, seemingly secure in the fact that he had gotten his point across.

As a sort of test, I called his name -- the headvoice's, not the cat's --and, surprisingly enough, the cat responded as if it were his own name, turning to look at me and slowly trotting over. At this point my friend and I start chattering to each other excitedly, mainly because "but my cat HATES you, Jesus, just look at him". While we were talking, the cat had come to rest on the foot of my mattress, against my leg, completely calm and steady -- which, if you knew this cat, was the antithesis of his personality.

At this point the "possession" ends, and the cat seems to wake up and jumps away from me, frantically clawing at the door. The headvoice returns to me shortly after, giving off little remarks of how he hadn't had a challenge like that in a long time and that it was fun and such.

[/end storytiem yo]

A true paranormal event? No, I don't think so.

Tbh I am a strong believer of tulpas.

Edited by Drer'Ahv

We've spent a year together, agonizing on this one character, what he does, appearance, powers, limitations, personality -- and I believe, that because the entire world is slave to perception, that a potentially "real" person can be created through thought.

You're right. I myself am, to some extent, the result of that kind of thinking, and I'm very much a real person. I don't think it has anything to do with the paranormal though, it's just psychology.

Time to spew my skepticism all over the thread again.

I believe the vast majority of so-called "paranormal" experiences are the result of misinterpretations, misunderstandings, exaggerations, faulty perceptions/memories, and of course the requisite fakers and liars. There is no reason to attribute a supernatural quality to something just because there is no obvious scientific explanation at the time. Nearly all of the experiences I've had that I once considered paranormal turned out to be the result of very ordinary things like a poor memory, mental illness, and an overactive imagination. IMO people often discard those explanations because they're less interesting and unique than ghosts and shadow people and so on. And, in some cases, because it's easier to accept that you're seeing/hearing something that's really there instead of having your mind play tricks on you or realizing the experience you thought you had was part of a dream.

oh my gosh, ok this is going to be fun tongue.gif , not really cause ghosts scare me.

But I don't want to offend anyone by saying what I'm going to say cause its what I think.

When people say things like " oh I saw my dead grandmother the other day, she was a ghost", it simple isn't true. Cause humans can't be "souls" on the earth, its a really scary thing when you think about who or what it was if it wasn't your grandmother.

When we see things of this nature we seem to have "conspiracy's" as to what they are and how they act. Its just our curiosity that gets the better of us. But this may or may not be what you think, but what I believe is that ghosts are real things, but their not called ghosts even if they are referred as ghosts. They are really demons, ( better call Ripley's cause I didn't believe it when I first heard it) and to think that a demon looked like your grandmother just to freak you out and to scare you just makes me so angry that they would insult someone like that ( I'm just using grandmother as an example, but they take all forms).

Cause like think about it, you've all seen those shows where they depict what happens when someone is possessed or a house is haunted, and one night and a priest walks in and all hell breaks lose right? I wonder why that happens? Maybe cause the demon knows that its going to be eradicated in just a few moments? Maybe its trying to get to some one to kill the priest? Who knows, but that's what I believe cause satan still roams this earth, he is not in hell ( not yet that is of course).

I do believe there's occasionally something left behind when a person dies, but honestly don't care for what it is or how it's there. I can't recall every having a paranormal experience, but I do know people that have had one. And ghost stories are fun to read/hear.

Oh, and Ouija boards scare me ****less. I can't even look at one nowadays from an experience a friend had with an internet one. (Long story short, Wiccan friend used an online one thinking nothing bad would come from it since it's online, but she was quite mistaken in both our opinions.)

I believe in ghost and all that jazz. My old house had a ghost. We all figured she was a girl of about 12 or so. Just usually only saw her as orbs. Saw only a few times better than that. She was cool. Sadly our current house has no paranormal activity.

The coolest was seeing a ghost in a condo at the beach. My sister saw her too. She was just sitting there on top of the couch cushions piled up. It was really weird.

Cause like think about it, you've all seen those shows where they depict what happens when someone is possessed or a house is haunted, and one night and a priest walks in and all hell breaks lose right? I wonder why that happens?  Maybe cause the demon knows that its going to be eradicated in just a few moments? Maybe its trying to get to some one to kill the priest? Who knows, but that's what I believe cause satan still roams this earth, he is not in hell ( not yet that is of course).

That stuff happens because that's part of the mythology - demons and "evil" entities don't like priests, and they supposedly react to certain objects or rituals. But the only purpose of those shows are to entertain so that you will keep watching. They don't depict events as they actually happen, they sensationalize them.

When people say things like " oh I saw my dead grandmother the other day, she was a ghost", it simple isn't true. Cause humans can't be "souls" on the earth, its a really scary thing when you think about who or what it was if it wasn't your grandmother.

I'm curious how you can claim to know this. Human souls can't wander the earth, but demons can take the form of our dead loved ones to scare us? Why can one thing be true, but not the other? There is the same amount of evidence for both. That is, none.

[storytiem yo]

My friend and I are major cultivators of "headvoices", pretty much characters that live in our heads that we allow to travel between us. It makes for a great one-on-one ARRPG (Alternate Reality Roleplaying Game), as both of us slowly build/"learn" of our characters' backgrounds.

One of our characters (We'll call him Rri, as that's what the others call him) often refers to himself as a god, simply because of his ability to interact with the physical, (apparently a very rare/difficult to attain skill among his species). This is the longest standing headvoice between us (currently going on one year), so as you can imagine we've "learned" a helluva lot of his history.

But enough of that. Last weekend, we were helluva bored, it was late at night, and having exhausted all of plans for that evening we did not know what to do next. So we did what we usually did; we turned to our headvoices.

As usual, the victim of our boredom was Rri. This time around, we challenged him (her/it) to possess something -- he had told us repeatedly that he could, but we had never actually seen him do it. After a small while of debating (read: whining), he agreed to do a small demonstration on the family cat, as long as we gave him a cue/sign he should use.

He eventually agreed to biting "his" tail as a signal that the possession had been successful, (only because all the other suggestions were along the lines of "hump the beanbag chair" and "lick your privates" (like I said, we were bored out of our wits, and when that happens, headvoices better run.))

To be honest, we didn't bother setting up a timer, mainly for the aforementioned boredom and because it was 11 at night, downstairs was dark, and we had just finished playing LSD -- we were currently too paranoid to move from our well-lit bedroom to get a timepiece. I, however, do not need a timer to know that it took well under five minutes for that cat to start ferociously biting its tail.

Now, this was a rather interesting experience for us because we had never expected anything to come of this little "bet" with our imaginary friend. A bit intrigued, we continued observing the "possessed" cat -- after thirty seconds of snapping at his tail, he stopped, seemingly secure in the fact that he had gotten his point across.

As a sort of test, I called his name -- the headvoice's, not the cat's --and, surprisingly enough, the cat responded as if it were his own name, turning to look at me and slowly trotting over. At this point my friend and I start chattering to each other excitedly, mainly because "but my cat HATES you, Jesus, just look at him". While we were talking, the cat had come to rest on the foot of my mattress, against my leg, completely calm and steady -- which, if you knew this cat, was the antithesis of his personality.

At this point the "possession" ends, and the cat seems to wake up and jumps away from me, frantically clawing at the door. The headvoice returns to me shortly after, giving off little remarks of how he hadn't had a challenge like that in a long time and that it was fun and such.

[/end storytiem yo]

A true paranormal event? No, I don't think so.

Tbh I am a strong believer of tulpas.

I would want to learn how to do this xd.png I want to know a bit more of my characters too, and I think this would be fun.

/offtopic

I believe there is something similar to ghosts and souls and spirits and all that. Like a strong memory they have that remains in this world or something.

I do believe there's occasionally something left behind when a person dies,

It's called a corpse.

I've only had one paranormal experience, it was small, but i will never forget it.

Here it is:

We has just moved to a new house. Me, my sister and her friend were at the house, my parents were gone, they were gone shopping or something, and they strickly told us to not go outside or anything. But, my sis told her friend that there was some kind of mummafied thing at the very back of the basement. The basement was outside, it was obvious that something would get in and maybe die of starvation. It looked like a squirrel wrapped in paper, rotting. So, anyway, my sis' friend got really excited and wanted to go outside to the basement and check out the thing. I was against it, mostly because the basement scared the crap out of me, it was so eerie and just creepy. >.< So we went outside and they opened the door and started going down the stairs. I didnt go, i just stayed outside looking at stairs. I stayed for a few minutes while my sis and her friend were exploring the basement. I suddenly got this really creepy feeling of being watched, and i got a chill on my spine. I tried to ignore it and wait for my sis and her friend to come out, but then i see it....since the light source was behind me, i could see my shadow in front of me, and i could perfectly see another shadow of a person standing behind me and a bit to my right. i can remember perfectly, it was like a foot taller than me, and it looked like it had a jacket on. i turned around as fast as i could, and there was nothing there. I started freaking out, and my heart was racing so fast, i called out to my sis, telling her that there's was something out here. Then i hear screams coming from my sis and her friend, they were spooked because they had poked the thing with a stick, and they came back running up the stairs. Since i was already freaked out, i screamed and ran into the house and hid in my room. I could'nt go to bed that night, i kept "hearing" voices coming from the basement. but im not sure if that was just my nerves.

I remember it like it was yesterday, but it was about 4 years ago? i cant remember how long its been, but that event ingraved itself onto my mind, it was my first paranormal experience, and i hope the last one. xd.png

Oh, and we moved out of that house a few months later.

Wall of Text FTW! biggrin.gif

It's called a corpse.

Fine, I believe there's occasionally something more than a corpse left behind when someone dies.

Happy now? :u

Fine, I believe there's occasionally something more than a corpse left behind when someone dies.

Happy now? :u

No, because you have no evidence.

I would want to learn how to do this xd.png I want to know a bit more of my characters too, and I think this would be fun.

/offtopic

I'm not quite sure how *I* managed it. I was lucky and managed to find someone who had the same love of creating characters as I did, to the extent of having them in your head and commenting on everything you do.

Originally Rri was based off of a video game character from a game we were fond of - so we already had expectations for how he would respond to certain situations. The fact that he didn't always respond as we expected wasn't a concern for us.

I think the main reasons he became tulpa were; a). our pseudobelief in his/her/its existence, and b ). the amount of time we spent either talking to Rri, or listening to him.

This is pretty much a normal lunch period conversation:

Moi: So how you doing?

Friend: Gooood. You?

Moi: Fantastic.

Friend: So how's Rri doing?

Moi: He's busy right now, with that girl.

Friend: Ooooh. Tell him -- tell him I said hi!

Moi: He said Hello.

We've accumulated so many different Skype/Facebook conversations about him/past/capabilities/everything else that we could probably write a book on him, at this point.

If you can manage to find someone that does this sort of thing in their head, then go for it. It's always better with two people -- then you actually have someone to tell his stories to, and have them be interested in it. Elsewise it gets pretty lonely.

I would suggest, instead of taking one of your own characters, using a favorite video game character or some such and building up from there. When I tried to use my characters, they fell silent and waited for me to interact with them. I was the creator, in those cases, and so I was expected to teach them everything while they stayed silent and did nothing.

So, yeah. Video game characters, as you already have set-in-stone notions of who they are and such, and then watch them build themselves up from there. Rri's only remaining likeness to his base character are his appearance and his (casual) name.

/off-topic

/on topic

I once had a friend tell me that ghosts were just the leftover energy of people -- as in, if someone is going through an extreme emotion, they're leaving residual energy from that emotion behind, and that creates a ghost. So ghosts aren't literally dead people per se, just the leftovers of people.

Edited by Drer'Ahv

Oh well, I was never out to try to make someone happy.

I had a weird and kinda annoying experience. I know for a fact that my house is haunted and it doesnt bother me or scare me because they never do anything to me. Well, actually thats not true but that was a different spirit. I do believe in these things and my first experience was when I first moved in. I invited two of my friends over and one of them is very perceptiv of this. its just a gift she has.

we were standing at the base of the stairs and she just muttered

"You know something is in this house right?" and at that moment an icy wind rushed down the stairs. it was so cold we both got goosebumps and the air conditioning wasnt on. On top of that if it had been it would have been on like... full blast. it was weird.

A second encounter was when I woke up in the middle of the night and felt my back hurting. I ignored it and went back to sleep but in the morning when i was changing i saw my reflection in the mirror and there was a claw mark down my back. It pissed me off.

The third time (and this was pretty recent) I was laying in bed and my window started shaking. I had been texting so when i got up to check the window i left the phone on my bed. The window stopped shaking when i looked at it but then my phone flew off the middle of my bed and onto the floor. It still didnt scare me, just pissed me off that it would mess with me. In the morning my mirror started shaking and I just rolled my eyes and walked out to go to school.

I believe in spirits and I dont mind them as lon as they quit trying to scare me. It gets really old

Oh and for all the skeptics out there, im not bagging on you or anything. i respect your opinons, and im ot trying to prove anything either. But if you hink about the vitality and energy someone has, can it just become undone? How can energy just cease to exist? I dont think it can and I think the mind interprets it differently. Some people can pick it up easier than others and thought attracts thought. If it's there it will be attracted to your energy, resulting in you sensing or "seeing" it. But since it was human I think that its thoughts still remain and it could remain as a sort of being. But thats just another way of thinking about it. im open to everything

That's what a belief is. The ability to acknowledge and understand something, despite there being no proof. The same can go for any religion. Of course, you need proof to satisfy someone else, especially a skeptic, but you don't need proof too prove something to yourself.

I like listening to other people's stories on their supposed paranormal encounters, as long as they use logic and at least try to debunk their experience.

I've never encountered what I thought and believed to be any paranormal activity, but possibilities. I would need something more solid than a sound, movement, or shadow to convince me of anything. I'll have to read the rest of the thread later.

No, you don't have the evidence.

I've seen, heard, smelt, experienced enough to be my evidence of something paranormal. And I do absolutely want to find ways to disprove something as something else -who wants a ghost in their house anyway?- it seems to be unexplained so far. Not even just my experience with my house, it's a few other things.

...I'll admit, I also watch those ghost shows and try to see what these dorks think is paranormal or not, watch them debunk things and yell at the TV when they think something is paranormal when it's just some animal making a noise. But every once in a while, you'll see something on there that's pretty nuts.

And all I can think is 'And atheists wonder why so many people dislike them'.