wildwindflower

Inbred Dragons

What do you think of inbred dragons?  

1,320 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't inbreed. When I pick up an inbred egg/hatchi I either abandon it or if I don't have a frozen hatchi of this kind, I freeze it. The only inbreds I have left (cleaned up my scroll a few months ago) are the silver ones because I don't have frozen silver hatchis so far, so I'd like them to reproduce. But they seem to feel that I'd rather get rid of them, so they don't ninja.gifbiggrin.gif

The lineages that Sir Barton posted look nice, though!

I have several lineage projects on my scroll, so inbreds are usually frozen as hatchies, or tossed back to the AP. Now if the whole lineage was meant to be an inbred project, that's different. I've seen a few like that, and those can be quite beautiful.

Ahahaha, see I don't care about inbred dragons. I try to prevent it with my own dragons but if I catch something that's inbred it's not a huge deal to me. :'D They're just pixels I guess, at the end of the day it's not like the offspring is going to have genetic issues.

I love all my dragons. And sure, a ton of them are inbred - they just "came that way from the AP". That doesn't really make a difference to me, except on 2 different occasions, 1) I'm breeding for my own couple personal lineages, or 2) I'm breeding as a gift on one of the groups I'm part of. I won't deliberately inbreed anything, but since I'm keeping most of the stuff I breed anyway, I don't see how that would matter to anyone but me. I pretty much breed, only what I'd be willing to keep.

Edited for spelling FAIL. blink.gif

Edited by Cheystar

I don't mind inbreds. I try not to breed them if I am going to release because I don't want to see it killed. I do find it funny though, that some people as so against inbreeding pixels. It does nothing to them. It could also be distant relatives that are bred. The other thing, all purebred animals are inbred. I don't see anyone throwing a fit against that. Think of your favorite purebred dog breed... it was inbred/line bred to get those traits you love so much. In fact, I have breed rats. I have one group I have line bred, an they out live any other rats I have or have had. In real life, if done carefully line breeding/ inbreeding can pass on good genes and not be harmful.

Edited to add:

Inbred or not, they all look the same. I do not bred most of my dragons, and the ones I do bred are CB. I really just do not understand this hate towards inbred dragons, when it does nothing to them.

Edited by annageckos

I don't care about dragons being in bread or not, I just want to grow them up and collect them.

Edit:people who want bluna and shallow water, jolly well accept the inbreed

Edited by Cabalsux

@annageckos:

I think the main issue, for most people, is that inbreeding done recklessly ends up with really messy looking lineages. If they're planning on breeding the dragons, they don't want the lineage to look messy.

I know that most of the dragons on my scroll are inbred (not by my choice) keep them on my scroll regardless as they are still precious to me.

As petty as this probably is, I don't like inbreeding for one simple reason: I like all the names in the lineage to be different. The only thing that annoys me as much as seeing dragons that have the same name as a relative (and are thus inbred) is seeing loads of nameless dragons or tombstones in the history. It's nothing to do with an ickiness factor because they're pixels, but I am very particular about every dragon having it's own unique name. Hell, I've dropped really lovely eggs before because I didn't like seeing "Renesmeee Coolen" or some other idiocy in their lineage. Otherwise, I don't care.

I wouldn't care...really it's just pixels.

In fact i am about to start a personal project using inbreeding...i just need the dragons to start with tongue.gif

Edited by joemaggio

As petty as this probably is, I don't like inbreeding for one simple reason: I like all the names in the lineage to be different. The only thing that annoys me as much as seeing dragons that have the same name as a relative (and are thus inbred) is seeing loads of nameless dragons or tombstones in the history. It's nothing to do with an ickiness factor because they're pixels, but I am very particular about every dragon having it's own unique name. Hell, I've dropped really lovely eggs before because I didn't like seeing "Renesmeee Coolen" or some other idiocy in their lineage. Otherwise, I don't care.

I totally agree.

.....My dragons that have realitives named after a certain.........sparkly vampire series irks me.

Edited by Blood-Otherium

I don't care about Inbreeding, I only care about long, messy looking lineages. I like short, pretty lines. o3o

I totally agree.

.....My dragons that have realitives named after a certain.........sparkly vampire series irks me.

That actually gave me an idea of something funny to name my Vampire dragon. x3

.....who is actually inbred.

But it doesn't matter, it won't be able to breed anyways.

I don't like it much, but mostly since I prefer when dragons have got cool-looking, or nice planned out lineages - makes it more of a challenge. Also why the even-gen ultra-inbred dragons I think are pretty cool, just since they look impressive and take effort. People breeding messy stuff that goes back 20 generations all over the place, ehh. Not too interested and might freeze a hatchling if I pick it up if it's inbred, but I'm not going to kill it over it. I just dunno why people do it when breeding stuff that looks cool is more fun.

I don't like it much, but mostly since I prefer when dragons have got cool-looking, or nice planned out lineages - makes it more of a challenge. Also why the even-gen ultra-inbred dragons I think are pretty cool, just since they look impressive and take effort. People breeding messy stuff that goes back 20 generations all over the place, ehh. Not too interested and might freeze a hatchling if I pick it up if it's inbred, but I'm not going to kill it over it. I just dunno why people do it when breeding stuff that looks cool is more fun.

This, exactly.

I have a few inbreds that I got as a n00b, and I'm keeping them (including my one and only silver), but I don't breed them (except aforesaid silver with her inbred stripe mate). wink.gif

Overall, I don't really care, as long as the breeding is careful and planned, not just random dragons thrown together and the offspring tossed out to clog the AP. dry.gif

Cheers!

alot.pngalot.pngalot.png

I luvs my inbred Ridgewing.... He shouldn't have to suffer because his owner was stupid.... (Owner being me XP) I didn't even realize until later, but that doesn't change my feelings for him.... I probably have some more on my scroll, but I don't really put much stock in that kind of stuff. All I notice is if I need a dragon and if it is attractive.

I dont mind inbreeding. It does nothing to the dragon and if you have an inbred pm me and if i have an egg that isnt inbred i'll trade you for the inbred one.

I'm not for or against inbreeding. Not I don't care...it just doesn't matter to me. My first adult dragon, a hatchling I caught in the AP my first day, is inbred. I love him anyway.

I try not to breed my inbred dragons, simply because I know if I wanted to give it away for any reason it would likely be killed or released. But with inbred hatchlings I catch in the AP...I keep any hatchlings I find. Lineages don't matter to me. It's not the dragon's fault it's inbred, so there's no real reason to treat it like a monster. (Had to bold that to make sure people saw it, since it seems like people hold it against the egg or hatchling.)

It disgusts me how badly some people treat inbreds. Killing or releasing them simply because they're inbred probably the biggest waste on this game. If you don't like inbreds, either a)ignore them if they're on someone else's scroll or b)give them to someone else if they're yours. The whole, "If I don't like it then you aren't allowed to either!" trend that is becoming all-too-common on the Internet is getting real old, real fast.

Edited by Derranged

Honestly, I tried a long time ago to clear out the majority of my dragons that were inbred... Most of mine were produced back in the days before the lineage feature when you couldn't track who their parents were, so I figured there wouldn't ever be any sort of way of showing if, say you bred a father gold with his second daughter pink.

Until, lo and behold, lineages were implemented.

I don't mind them too terribly. If it's a rare dragon (like a silver I have) or a BSA, I would let it grow up. If it's common or something I'd likely freeze it. Unfortunately, trying to trade off inbreds is usually quite difficult unless it's a gold / silver / tinsel of some sort... and even then offers are usually slim.

I went through my scroll and got rid of every inbred except my metals. Kinda hard to replace those. And if I pick up an inbred from the AP I will toss it back. I do however have a thing for even-gen symmetrical inbreds.

Like my pride and joy: http://dragcave.net/lineage/ANfZ4 and this beautiful nebby I picked up: http://dragcave.net/lineage/eHIUR

And the ones I breed from my hellfire/white line always have homes waiting for them. But I don't breed inbreds even my metals ever.