wildwindflower

Inbred Dragons

What do you think of inbred dragons?  

1,352 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I kinda feel bad for them. It's not their fault they got a bad lineage that some people dislike sad.gif

I have no preference on this.

It's a natural occurrence in the world around you every day. Animals, and yes humans too, do it on the regular.

They're just pixels. Not even interactive creatures. There's no 'downside' to it, so why should it be something I waste my time being stressed about? I'm happy to get what I get, when I get it. smile.gif

I also do not have a preference about it in real life. It happens, plain and simple. Just as homosexuality happens, and inter-species sexuality, etc. I'm too busy in my real life to worry about such things unless it's directly affecting a child, or abusive to an animal.

I don't like inbred dragons, I don't collect them and I don't inbreed my dragons.

I have nothing against inbred dragons. They can't help it that their previous owners interbred their bloodlines! :P

I don't mind lineages at all because I think they give dragons character, and inbreeding is no different. Sometimes it's on purpose (some dragons are hyper-inbred to create pretty checkers and I can appreciate a nice checker) and sometimes they're just messy messy messy. Doesn't bother me.

I only raise dragons if I'm hoarding them, need their BSA, or want more of a certain sprite, and in none of these does lineage really have a huge impact.

Speaking for myself, inbreeding seems sort of like 'cheating' to make it easier. Then again I've used a few cheat codes in games in my time so I'm not meaning to be judgmental in saying that. It's just a personal choice whether you want to do it or not. In DC I personally prefer to keep the challenge level higher so I don't inbreed when I can avoid it. But for some projects they'd be close to impossible without inbreeding (like the pretty tinsel checker in the post above me) so I can't blame people for doing it.

I'm really not partial either way.

If I collect dragons, it's usually for the sprites, not for the lineages although it is nice when I check a lineage for fun and it turns out to be very pretty.

I voted "other" because for me, it depends. I try to avoid getting inbred adults, but sometimes collect inbred hatchies to freeze. If an inbred dragon slips under my radar and grows up before I can freeze it, I may use it as halloween zombie-fodder. If I can't do that, (due to the dragon being, for ex. a gift) then I just won't breed it ever, and put 'Inb' in the name so I know at a glance that it is inbred. I sometimes concentrate ND experiements on inbreds, since NDs can't breed anyway (not that I've ever gotten any. xd.png; ).

I think they should implement a "fix dragon" for those that don't like freezing, but want to shelter inbreds, but don't want to perpetuate creating them. I dunno. It's a thought anyway.

I do not mind inbreeding on my scroll so I keep them if I like them, don't particularly bite them or something. Howerver when I become aware of the inbreeding I no longer breed with them myself.

I give them names that make me recognize them as inbred to prevent breeding and since I am still in the process of naming all my dragons I do an inbreeding check before i name them.

It depends. If it's messy or I don't like the lineage I'll toss it to the AP, but if it's done nicely and it looks pretty cool then I'll keep it. smile.gif

I joined dragon cave back in 2008 and didn't care at the time whether or not they were inbred, mainly 'cuz I snagged most of my eggs from the AP at the time since I could tell what egg was what. I also didn't go on the forums at all so I never bothered to learn about lineages and the like till a few years ago and noticed how many of my old dragons are inbred. I don't have the heart to get rid of them since most are over seven years old now. If I wanna breed something for someone I will go out of my way to try and a CB or low gen dragon just in case they care about the lineage.

I really don't mind, although I'm careful with breeding. That being said, when I find a desirable egg I've been wanting for a while (such as a Shimmerscale for instance) and find out it's inbred makes me feel a bit sad, especially since I have ideas for it.

That being said, the case I'm showing is this Copper Shimmerscale that I got from the Abandoned cave shortly ago. You can see it's been a careful inbred, and it's a desirable dragon for me, but being inbred, I can't use it as a potential mate for my own Copper Shimmerscale.

I remember at one point, there was a shelter for inbreds thread here on Dragon Cave's forums, but I can't find it. If I could find it, I could offer up the little inbred for a clean-lineaged version instead making sure it went to a good home...

I'm just so torn on what to do with this little inbred... Any ideas, guys?

I recently snagged a Blusang egg that was an inbreed from a Gold Tinsel, from the looks of the lineage, it was just getting started and I happened to stumble across this one.

I'm guessing the owner either didn't want it or had no room when breeding (Going with the former on a whim due to the remaining time).

I really don't mind, although I'm careful with breeding. That being said, when I find a desirable egg I've been wanting for a while (such as a Shimmerscale for instance) and find out it's inbred makes me feel a bit sad, especially since I have ideas for it.

That being said, the case I'm showing is this Copper Shimmerscale that I got from the Abandoned cave shortly ago. You can see it's been a careful inbred, and it's a desirable dragon for me, but being inbred, I can't use it as a potential mate for my own Copper Shimmerscale.

I remember at one point, there was a shelter for inbreds thread here on Dragon Cave's forums, but I can't find it. If I could find it, I could offer up the little inbred for a clean-lineaged version instead making sure it went to a good home...

I'm just so torn on what to do with this little inbred... Any ideas, guys?

You can put it in the departures thread. It will probably find a home there.

I try to avoid inbred dragons. Though if I found a pretty lineage like some posted above, I might keep it just to look at. I think the only inbred adult I have is this white x yule checker, which I didn't notice at first and made me very sad. It's possible some of the messy BSA adults or snagged-for-freezing hatchies are inbred, but I don't care because I'm just collecting the sprite/using the BSA and they'll never breed.

if somethings god awful messy or inbred i either freeze it or give it some random name so ill never breed it but i dont mind hoarding things as long as they arent in the way

I don't really have an opinion about them. They're just dragons like any other... some I may just drop into the AP, I may keep some if they're rare, or if I hoard them. (cough pyralspites cough)

I'm not a big fan of them, just like I'm not a big fan of messy lineages. For the most part if I find one while hunting in the AP, I'll either re-abandon it or freeze it (if I don't have a hatchling for that type of dragon yet).

My two exceptions are: I have an inbred Bright Pink, from back in the day when you couldn't see lineages... but it's a Bright Pink. My only Bright Pink. I'd never abandon it, unless BPinks are somehow brought back into circulation so I can get a CB one. And even then I'd probably hang onto it, I've had it for so long. It's sentimental now, haha.

My other exception is a lineage I have planned, one where I intend to breed together a bunch of 3rd-gen checkers. I was gifted a pair of sisters who have different end dragons (Spring/Pink checker, one Pink one Spring) and it seems like a shame not to use them both in the lineage. But I figure far enough back, it stops being 'inbred' since the gene pool is so large, if that makes sense.

So far, no. I don't have any inbred dragons. If the lineage is good, I would probably still keep it ....

I'm not completely sure what to think about inbreds. Most of the time I don't really care if a dragon of mine is inbred, but in some cases I would drop them in the abandoned area. So well, I guess if the dragon's lineage looks good, I will most probably keep it, but if the lineage is all messy and stuff, in that case it might need to go. It also depends on the dragon, though.

I must also add that I never purposefully inbreed dragons. unsure.gif I feel like it's wrong, so I usually also avoid inbreds.

Cassie_Fenix, if you mean the one in my sig, I have no idea what happened to the original thread, but I still accept (and love) inbreds. I'm one of those wacky people who generally don't give a toss about lineage. I mark my inbreds so I don't breed them for trade, but about half my silvers are badly inbred from when silvers were easy to breed and DC didn't show lineages--I love silvers, so I just bred a bunch of them without bothering to track their ancestry. which is also why a bunch of my pinks are inbred. but their influence BSA works regardless of inbreeding, so--watch me shrug!

lol i think i've already posted in here but whatever

I really don't care about inbred dragons. Inbreeding irl is definitely associated with a sort of "ickiness" but as for a game about virtual dragons...nah, I don't care. I never purposely breed related dragons, but if there's a dragon I want, inbreeding doesn't really bother me. For example, I collect Black Teas, and getting a messy inbred Black Tea from the AP is the same as getting a 2G Black Tea from the AP. Doesn't bother me. And I don't think "inbred = must be frozen" since I'm not a huge fan of freezing at all.

I'm on the boat of not caring. Though I much prefer CB's simply because they allow to to create personal lineages from scratch, receiving inbreds as gifts, as donations, or finding them in the AP when its something I want, I don't really care. Inbreeding has absolutely no ill effect so it doesnt bother me and I am actually planning an inbred lineage with my prize and hoping it works out so yeah, I don't pesonally care. I won't force anyone to take an inbred nor will I be mean if they hate on inbred, its their choice. I just would rather they not be killed and istead raised and then gifted as hatchies to someone or tossed back into the AP as hatchies.

I think its a waste of a nice sprite to just kill it. Even if its a blocker, there are people collecting them and well who doesnt love a hatchi?